Start by marking “The Final Tour (John Flynn, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Final Tour (John Flynn, #1)

The Final Tour

(John Flynn #1)

The new series from USA Today bestselling author AJ Stewart.
Warrior. Patriot. Traitor?

Jacques Fontaine always wanted to serve but he never expected to lead this band of brothers. Different nationalities, different languages, a collection of misfits. And the world's elite terrorist hunters. Sent to Iraq during the US drawdown on what appears to be a routine investigati
Published August 30th 2017 by Jacaranda Drive

To ask other readers questions about The Final Tour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Tour

Start your review of The Final Tour (John Flynn, #1)
Coco.V
Feb 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/22/2018)! 💝
Andy Behrendt
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you have ever read any of AJ Stewart's Miami Jones novels you probably have a pretty good idea of what to expect from The Final Tour. Except you would be wrong. I love the Miami Jones series but the writing in the The Final Tour is on another level again.

The story focuses on a group of French Foreign Legionnaires who enter Iraq under complete secrecy as the French refused to send in troops to support NATO. Their mission is to track down a cache of biological weapons and get them out of the co
Mcf1nder_sk
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was another thriller I discovered, thanks to bookbub. This was the first book in the John Flynn series, but the main character's name is Jacques Fontaine (read the book to see why the name's different). Jacques is the leader of an elite group associated with the French Foreign Legion. They are in Iraq hunting for whoever is attempting to sell weapons to the terrorists during the US drawdown of forces after the Second Gulf War. Jacques and his men are not supposed to be in Iraq, and have to ...more
Dave
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This is an excellent military action thriller, set mostly in Iraq during the drawdown of US troops. There are many factions involved, and it's not always clear who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. Our hero, 'the adjutant' has to sort this out and achieve his goals without revealing himself, which he finally accomplishes with great difficulty, and great loss. I very much look forward to reading the subsequent books in the series. ...more
Michelle Wilson
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a good book. It takes you to Irak, Iran with the French Legion who have no business being there. Much intrigue and good and bad guys. I’m looking for the second book Burned Bridges, a few bad reviews, but I’ll overcome this. I would like the hero to find his way to Colorado after being thought dead and having to disappear the blurb does not make me think that it follows the first book but I’ll give it a try purely on having loved the first book so much.
Jim A
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Known for his very good Miami Jones P.I. series, Stewart jumps genre over to the action thriller. I won't say he did so seamlessly, it took me a while to warm up to the characters, Fontaine and his fellow Foreign Legionaries, but it all worked out.

The beginning, or so it appears, of a new series for Stewart. It will be interesting to me to see how he balances the Jones series with the new series. Good luck to him on this.
Clifton Brown
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this military thriller set in the Middle East around 2011 but I would have enjoyed it more if there was more back story surrounding the main character even though you got bits and pieces through out the book and I suspect more will be revealed further along the series, it would have been nice to know more about the men who respected and trusted the main character Jacques Fontaine as their leader. I also would have liked to have found out exactly what were the men trying to keep out of ...more
Jason E. Fort
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great origin story for my intro to Stewart

I really enjoyed this look into the beginning of 'John Flynn.' The action flowed nicely, but one of my favorite parts about this book was the inside look at the Foreign Legion. I've never known that much about them, other than what I saw in the Van Damm movie, Lionheart.

This was great, and I plan on finding more stories about Fontaine, I mean, Flynn.
Ray
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
This should be re titled, An Introduction to John Flynn. I kept wondering what the book was about. Then it occurred on me it was a lead up to a series about a character called John Flynn and nothing more. It's not particularly bad. It just takes 200 + pages to do what could have been done in 10. (2.5) ...more
Michael
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A New Beginning!

Excellent thriller. The first book is a good adventure novel filled with twists, turns and unexpected outcomes. It took until the end of book 1 to explain John Flynn. I'm looking forward to his continued adventures.
Max Waugh
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read

I gave it a 4 star as it wasn't among the best books I have ever read but at times I had a hard time putting it down. Liked it well enough to buy the next book in the series.
Donna
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Accurate account of draw down in Iraq

All too true to events in the Middle East. Terrorists, traitors, opportunists amid a background of despair. I'm sure the author has touched a few nerves. A good read!
Travis
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the book a lot. First one from this author. Was glad to try something new. It was good introduction to a character. Need to know a lot of backstory of him. The idea of the big 8 that is pulling strings around the works isn’t new but works here well. Enjoyable read.
Loretta Gabriel
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable story of intrigue and deceit

The author has written a very interesting story about those who are willing to carry out acts of treason and of those who are determined to stop them. Not your normal story of stopping traitors.
J. M. Thompson III
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ

I found this read one I could not put down - it kept my interest from the beginning through the last page. The author is a great storyteller able to express his tale in writing. I highly recommend this book.
Barbara J Maich
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great thriller

This was a great read, couldn't put it down. Excitement on every page. I Plan on reading more books from this writer. The book grabbed my attention from the first page and ended in the last page. I recommend this thriller.
Jody Patanjo
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my thing

Love AJ's writing but was thrillers aren't my thing. I'm not basing my review on the content of style of writing (which are too notch) but my lack of enthusiasm for this genre.
Andrew Rafkin
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read. Will get #2
Paul Mazziotta
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much and will read this author again
Josiah
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Slow burner...

Started slow but gradually built up quite a head of steam and not because of the heat of the desert sun.
John Karlson
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a great read!

Great story, great writing, great characters. Recommend this author and this book. Best thing I have read this year so far.
Mark Belsaas
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fontaine the character

French version of a Navy seal- capable and scary. Not quite a Jack Reacher but close. If you like action you’ll like “The Final Tour”
Philip
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
French Foreign Legion

Great action, but some characters are hard to understand. Mr. Stewart does not explain all the action or motives, but it unfolds into a riveting story!
Art Bisschop
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read

Picked this up as a freebie. Wasn't overly enthralled with the first few chapters but the book drew me in. Enjoyed it more than i had expected to.
Jim DuBey
May 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Just escapes me...

Made it through 100 pages or so, completely boring. The characters, the plot, everything about it not in the least engaging.
c
Feb 11, 2020
Stephen Rogers
Feb 26, 2018
James Elias
Dec 18, 2017
Mary Chamberlain
rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2018
Niti
Apr 20, 2018

• Wild Ocean (Tyson Wild Thriller #1)
  • Rolling Thunder (Coastal Fury #1)
  • Palm Beach Broke (Charlie Crawford Palm Beach Mysteries Book 7)
  • Pride of Barbados (Coastal Fury #2)
  • Wild Riviera (Tyson Wild Thriller #3)
  • Into the Blue (Coastal Fury #3)
  • Wild Tide (Tyson Wild Thriller #4)
  • Palm Beach Predator (Charlie Crawford Mystery #6)
  • Palm Beach Pretenders (Charlie Crawford Palm Beach Mysteries Book 5)
  • Wild Justice (Tyson Wild Thriller #2)
  • Assassins and Liars (J.R. Finn Sailing Mysteries #1)
  • Palm Beach Nasty (Charlie Crawford Mystery, #1)
  • Wild Rain (Tyson Wild Thriller #5)
  • Hawaiian Thunder (Coastal Fury #4)
  • Killing Time in Charleston (Nick Janzek Charleston Mysteries Book, #1)
  • Abducted in the Keys (Florida Keys Adventure #9)
  • Legend in the Keys (Florida Keys Adventure #8)
  • Palm Beach Poison (A Charlie Crawford Mystery, #2)
A.J. Stewart has lived in so many places it feels like he has a home team in every game he sees. Which explains why his wife begins any sports telecast with "who are going for today?" A.J. and his family currently spend their time in Los Angeles and South Florida, but stay tuned, anything could happen.

John Flynn (4 books)
  • Burned Bridges (John Flynn Thrillers, #2)
  • One for One (John Flynn Thrillers, #3)
  • The Rotten State (John Flynn #4)