Start by marking “Heart of a Highlander” as Want to Read:
Heart of a Highlander

Heart of a Highlander

(Castle Brides #1.5)

Updated Cover Edition.

How can she love the man responsible for her husband's death?

When Frenchwoman Giselle McTavish married a Scotsman, she never expected to be widowed two years later and left to bring up their son alone. Nonetheless, she’s determined the next laird will be raised in Scotland. Even though Highlander Hugh Ferguson—the man she holds responsible for her h
Published (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of a Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of a Highlander

Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Got Fiction?

This could have been amazing. It was good. But when you have that much backstory and baggage, and the heroine believes it's the hero's fault her husband drowned, they don't suddenly have an about face without some extra page time.

This is a super short story, and I'm all for that! I enjoy short stories and novellas, and I love insta-lust and love at first sight. My point being, short stories can be amazing! But this, has none of that.

I like how because they've known
Vero Stro
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely short story! Tender, sweet and very romantic!

I wish it was longer!!! As usual Ms Cameron weaves a story full of love and emotion and reading flows. An amazing short story about two people that finally let the love they feel for each other wins!
Nicole Laverdure
Fans will love this romantic story!
HEART OF A HIGHLANDER is perfect for Scottish romance lovers! Collette Cameron really surprise me with sweet and short novella set in the Scottish Highlands! Her heroine is Giselle, whom you'll remember in the previous books Highlander's Hope and The Earl's Enticement.
The story starts as Giselle is visiting the old graveyard where her late husband Liam is buried. She misses him so much, but, now she has the responsibility of Ewan, her young son, who is raised
Kimberly Westrope
I don't know how anyone can put such a full, thoughtful, touching, sweet story in to so few words, but Collette Cameron always manages to do so. This is the second novella I've read by this author, and as much as I loved "A Kiss For Miss Kingsley", I like this one even more.

The way the story unfolds, supplying us with the backstory along the way, and adding to the charm of both the hero and the story by throwing in some Scottish folklore (which may or may not have been completely fabricated by
Dee Deacon Foster
Giselle McTavish never expected to be a widow after 2 short years of marriage but there she was picking weeds from her husbands grave on Valentines Day with Ewan, her 3 year old son who was now head of the clan, waiting nearby. Valentine's Day...what a cruel day when she has lost the one she loved & the man she could love doesn't know she exists.

Hugh Ferguson has long loved the wife of his best friend. The friend that lost his life when it should have been Hugh who drowned. He knows Giselle
Jimnlori
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Heart of a Highlander Giselle McTavish is a widow with a young child to raise in the harsh Highlands of Scotland in the 1700's after losing her husband three years ago. After three years of mourning her husband Giselle is ready to move on. She is now having feelings for her husband's best friend Hugh Ferguson.
Hugh Ferguson's feelings for his best friend's wife will stay buried forever if need be, but seeing her daily with her son and watching her embracing and struggling with the harsh Highla
Deb Walker
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again Collette does not disappoint. This short story is a sweet romance. It is a snowy Valentine's Day in Scotland. Giselle is raising her son Ewan, since the death of her husband, several years before. There is also a very handsome Scott, who just happens to be in love with both Mother and son. For the details, you need to read the story. I loved it.
Frances Shellings
Heart warming

Love how you get to see two characters admit to each other that they love one another.....Everyone sees the love they have in the series but it's good to see them at the beginning....And little Ewan is too cute
Charlene
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful novella. Love how it gives the back story of the anchoring characters of the highlander seris. Quite charming
Donna
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good very quick read. It's a short story that you can read during your lunch hour. That being said, it was cute and I liked it.
Ann Gonzalez
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A full story in a few pages. The story was complete. Like any good romance, it satisfies and keeps you wanting more.
Macaron
Lovely story, tender, sexy and funny. But really too short.
Trish R.
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it

Wow! I don’t know what I can say about this story. It was short? Really short! 44 pages to be exact. The rest was taken up on Collette Cameron’s other books.

This was about Giselle, who was married but her husband Liam died years before, and Hugh, Liam’s best friend who had been in love with Giselle since Liam brought her home from France. Then there was Ewan, her son, who loved Hugh and thought it was just fine that Hugh marry his mother. It was Valentine’s Day and according to tradition Hugh ma
Kimme
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh for cry eye.

It's 42 pages of bubble gum sticky sweet mush. Now I need 11 more words so Amazon accepts this. Bye.
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Quick read... I wanted more!
Anissa
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short tale explaining the Laird Ewan McTavish's (Highlander's Hope) mother Giselle's own love story. She was married and loved Ewan's father Liam. He died when he was a child and his father's good friend Hugh Ferguson (father of Adaira :The Earl's Enticement, Isobel: Virtue and Valor, Seonaid: Scandal's Splendor)...has loved and watched over him as his own son. Giselle has been watching Hugh watch Ewan...feeling a bit guilty she keeps her growing attraction to herself. On Valentine's Day after v ...more
Kelly Tyree
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this short novel. Giselle moved to Craiglocky Keep when she married her husband. After only two years, her husband died. They have a young son who will be the next laird.

Hugh Ferguson feels terrible because he has always loved his best friend's wife, Giselle. When his best friend died, Hugh stood by and helped Giselle raise her young son. But he loves her dearly and hopes she loves him too. When they are brought together on Valentines day in a snow storm, Hugh decides to let Giselle kno
Deb Diem
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Heart Of A Highlander by Collette Cameron is a fairly short read, perfect for those with limited reading time. Ms. Cameron has delivered a well-written story and filled it with lovable characters. Hugh and Giselle's story has plenty of drama, humor and spice to keep the pages flipping. I enjoyed reading Heart Of A Highlander and look forward to reading more from Collette Cameron in the future. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Christa Gettys
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of this author I have read, and I loved it. As I had no idea who was who or anything other than the blurb, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it sweet to have the French and Scottish mixed in the languages. It was a quick sweet read and a nice burn as well.

Now I have to go and buy the whole series LOL!!
Lori D
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart of a Highlander by Collette Cameron was my favorite of this collection. Short but sweet, about Giselle and Hugh's story of silent attraction that came to fruition! The entire collection of stories was enjoyable and kept my interest, although wished some were longer.
Glenda Parker
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I enjoyed this story although it was very short but since I don’t want a lot of sex in my stories I think it was shops thing. Are any of your books clean? I love Highlander books but not the graphic sex that comes with them
Gerry Crockett
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love on a snowy day

A heart warming short story showing that sometimes the best surprises are those you long for, but never expect to happen. That love grows even when you don't think it should.
Diana Aden
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heart of a Highlander was an absolutely delightful read but how I wished it would have been longer. Though the story was short Collette does such a good job of engaging us into the story of her characters Giselle and Hugh. A perfect read focused on Valentine's Day and a second chance at love.
Melissa
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Nicely written. I loved the authentic historical descriptions and cultural content. A little racy for my taste, as I prefer clean and sweet romance novels.
VICTORIA
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Short story, somewhat sweet but the plot seems incomplete and the love story develops too fast for my taste
Becky
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, romantic short story. Full of love, romance, second chances and secret loves. A very delightful read.
Heidi J.
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short romance that takes place during Ewan McTavishes' childhood between his French-born mother and a Scottish highlander on the ancient feast of Valentine's Day!
Jonel
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
What an absolutely charming read. I loved reading it and falling in love with the characters as they fell in love with each other.
Courtney Klein
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
cute sweet...way to short
Stephanie Herron
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely prequel

Lovely prequel but wish the book was longer. I'll have to get the next to see how the characters fair.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Oct 21, 2015 07:14PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 07, 2015 12:05PM
  • Christmas in Kilts
  • Angel of Skye (MacPherson Clan, #1)
  • Lady Evelyn's Highland Protector
  • The Highlander's Tempestuous Bride (The Highlander's Bride #3)
  • Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5)
  • The Laird’s Christmas Kiss (The Lairds Most Likely, #2)
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • Dear Stranger
  • Menace in Christmas River (Christmas River #8)
  • A Scandalous Affair (The Merry Widows #3)
  • Gifts of Desire
  • Once Upon a Plaid (Spirit of the Highlands, #2)
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #4.5)
  • Christmas Delights (Redcakes, #5)
  • Compromised for Christmas
  • Her Highland Fling (Second Sons, #2.5)
  • Fall Back (SEALs Undone, #6)
  • Scandalous Summer Nights (Heart of Enquiry, #0.5)
USA Today Bestselling, award-winning author, COLLETTE CAMERON pens Scottish and Regency historicals, featuring rogues, rapscallions, rakes, and the intelligent, intrepid damsels who reform them.

Blessed with fantastic fans as well as a compulsive, over-active, and witty Muse who won’t stop whispering new romantic romps in her ear, she lives in Oregon with her mini-dachshunds, though she dreams of l

Castle Brides (4 books)
  • The Viscount's Vow (Castle Brides, #1)
  • Highlander's Hope  (Castle Brides #2)
  • The Earl's Enticement (Castle Brides, #3)