Start by marking “Torn Apart (Convergence #1)” as Want to Read:
Torn Apart (Convergence #1)

Torn Apart

(Convergence #1)

As a priestess in the service of the dragon goddess, Halea must roam the land hunting demons and sealing tears caused by the Chaos Dimension that seeks to converge with their world. She has sworn an oath to devote herself only to her goddess, and if necessary, will even die for her mission.

One day she discovers that her beloved childhood friend, Varg, has survived the deva
Kindle Edition
Published August 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Torn Apart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn Apart

Start your review of Torn Apart (Convergence #1)
Kaitlin
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: spfbo-2019
* This is one of the #SPFBO entries I am reading as a judge this year *

I'd put this into the paranormal romance/fantasy romp category, not an area I often read or enjoy, but this book surprised me. It's well written and it stands out as a story which has a lot of potential and depth unlike some of the other books I have read in this subgenre. I definitely feel like the cover put me off more than anything because the story itself was strong, if a bit of a romp at times!

There's inter-species relat
Nonieღserenity2bliss
The old saying that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover must have been created specifically for this book.

Had I saw this book on the book shelf, i probably wouldn't give it a second glance after the initial snicker. So perhaps it's a good thing that NetGalley offers the title up for free reading because I took up the offer. I mean, how can i resist satiating my curiosity with the need to know what lurks behind the *ahem* interesting cover.

Boy, am I glad that I did because the story is genuin
Julie Guay-de la ronde
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I was sucked into this other world and captivated by the characters. The cover gives the impression of something different, but seriously, read it.
Natalie
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read. I loved the characters and setting. I feel like Halea was a great combination of strong, soft, stubborn and caring. You couldn't help but root for her throughout. The author did a great job at setting up the world in detail. It was creative and suspenseful, I feel like the romance was a perfect balance to enhance but not overwhelm the story line. The ending made me super excited to start book II. Tried not to give up book details or spoilers.
Erica D
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I came across this book one day while perusing for something to dig my teeth into. Boy oh boy did I find it! This novel was fantastic from beginning to end, i recomend it for anyone with a love of fantasy romance novels. The world building is fantastic, and i feel like i was actually in their world. I loved the growth of Halea and Varg.
Nancy Foster
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spfbo
This book was so much fun! Just because I take 4-6 months to read a book doesn't necessarily mean I DMFed it, and from the very start I knew I would enjoy this book.

A brief synopsis is this: Halea is a human girl who was born with nascent priestess superpowers from the dragon goddess Tiamet. She can run fast, heal injuries a bit faster than normal and punch really hard. Without training, she would live a normal life but as a slightly stronger and resilient human. For better or worse, her uncle i
Jennifer Hines
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received this book free from the author.*

Halea was born to be a priestess. It was what she'd spent her life training for. But normal humans were scared of her. Her strength. Her speed. He was not. Varg was a lycan and he just didn't like puny humans...until her.

"I've missed you so much. I'm greedy, and I don't care. I want every moment I can have with you."

Halea is dedicated to her cause, to her people, and to her heart. Just as much as Varg. Only problem she had was that a priestess couldn't
Aimee Dennis
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Pleasantly surprised by this fantastical story about a young girl who grew up different than the other children and an outcast by her peers because of her strength and otherness. Halea grew up knowing, at a young age, she would serve the dragon goddess killing demons and sealing tears to protect the world. Retreating to the forest after another failed attempt to play with neighborhood children, she crosses paths with Varg, a young shifter who is being groomed to become the next alpha to his peop ...more
Terri Wilson
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do not judge this book by the book cover. I don't think the cartoon look works for this book because it makes it look like a graphic novel and it's not.

This book had so many fantasy elements that I love; magic, shifters, steamy scenes, and fights. Halea and Varg live a predestined life. Though both of them are strong and will triumphant in their chosen paths, they want to create a new one where they will both be together.  The author did an awesome job showing the beginnings of their relationsh
Caroline Doig
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and it’s such a fantastic read. Halea grew up being stronger than the other children they teased her mercilessly but she had one friend in Varg, but she knew that she will be in the dragon goddess’s service sealing the tears and killing the demons. Now years later each thought that the other family was killed when there was a tear but they meet up again and now Varg is the alpha of his pack. They still love each other and Varg tells Halea that she i ...more
Cyre
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Torn Apart is an engaging and layered text. The author gives enough background information about the lore in the story to keep the reader informed. The beginning of the story is sweet and paints a vivid picture of the history between the two main characters. As a person who loves children's stories I was sad for the characters to grow up because this part of the story is so inviting and sincere.

Once the characters grow up the story takes on a different quality as an action and romance text. The
Natalie panda eyes
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well don’t judge a book by its cover. At least not this one. Varg a lycan and Halea a human future priestess become unlikely friends, thanks to demon attacks the friends are split apart only to reunite years later. Everything is different, Halea is on a list of possible sacrifices and Varg is the leader of his pack. Mainly a love story with fighting elements and self sacrifice. Didn’t like Rafe or Maven. Felt sorry for Lord Ansher. Think I liked the healer best. Good story.
Philleys Peters
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this world, love between a priestess and a lycan is forbidden. Yet Halea and Varg have loved one another since meeting as children, first as friends and now as lovers. All while battling the influx of demons through tears or portals that the priestess and her fellow sisters are needed to close. A very intriguing and intense storyline tempered with the forbidden love affair. Nicely done!

Shasha
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hea
Worthy fantasy romance that has more substance than the cover suggests.
This childhood friends to lovers fantasy has true danger around every corner. The characters grow and struggle along the way.
The ending surprised me.
Some of the world building was flat, mostly telling instead of showing. The focus is more on people, their relationships, and the fight to survive.
Valeria Orlando
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the setting of the story and the writing, I loved the relationship between Halea and Varg, they grow up togeter and truly love eachother. If you keep an openmind you can find out that there are more many similitudes than differences between peoples, even if we look different the important values can unite us.
I didn't like the cover.
Ezgi Sezer
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great find. It is about long lost friends finding each other, finding love in each other and fighting for that love no matter what. I loved that even though it is a series, it didn't end in a big cliffhanger but still made me want to come back for more. Give it a shot you will not disappointed.
Yadavika Yadav
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best fictional books I've ever read..... A female lead who is far more mature,level headed and patient than anyone. I really really admire here patience and how she deals with people around her even when they act like an annoying being.....
Barbara
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Convergence series and I want to read the next book. This is werewolf Varg,and priestess Halea's story. This is a new Author to me, a book I enjoyed reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Sapphire MG
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. The author writes in a way that keeps you guessing throughout the story with lots of twists in the story! I highly recommend you read, you wont be disappointed.
cheryl napier
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read. Forbidden romance. Shifter and human. I liked the characters and plot. Look forward to read I g more

Samia
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-best
These are the kind of stories that need to be published. For all the readers out there that love romance/fantasy books, this is an amazing story and very long and detailed. I love that because it makes you feel like you're in the story yourself.
Lourdes
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Loved the friendship, and all the paranormal aspects of it.
Linah
Aug 13, 2019 added it
I honestly wish I could erase any memory I have of this book, and read it again because this book is AMAZING!
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Halea is destined to be Priestess of Tiamet The Dragon Goddess but that doesn't mean she doesn't have her share of trouble either. Halea befriends a lycan named Varg and the two become the best of friends. Neither of them thought their friendship was unusual or wrong. But all of that changes with The Convergence. Priestesses of Tiamet are tasked with closing the rifts. Yet something went wrong and eight years later it's still happening. Halea is a Priestess of Tiamet strongest one of her generat ...more
Christina Weigand
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read werewolf books but the addition of a priestess drew me in. I love that Ms. Riddles starts the story out in present day but then goes back in time to tell us the history of the two characters. The conflict between the races of werewolf and human is well written and intriguing. The characters are well fleshed out and relatable. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is the perfect example of why you should never judge a book by its cover. I was totally expecting a graphic novel or something cheesy. This book was amazing, one of the best I have read recently. I loved the characters and the world the author created. The way the author took you through the story from the characters childhood to the present was perfect. It allowed you to relate to the characters and really made you invested in their story. You couldn't help but root for Halea, from th ...more
J.M.
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Andrea
Jan 10, 2018
Cheryl
Sep 16, 2019
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
This wasn’t for me, I found the bits when they were children interesting but it couldn’t hold my interest at all. I just wasn’t invested in what happened to them and didn’t care. I’m sure others will enjoy it, just not me.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion

• Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • I Am The Wild (The Night Firm, #1)
  • Dragon Called (Deadweed Dragons, #1)
  • The Forever Crew (Adamson All-Boys Academy, #3)
  • The Dragon Mistress: Book 3 (Dragon Mistress #3; The Eburosi Chronicles #10)
  • The Dragon Mistress: Book 2 (Dragon Mistress #2; The Eburosi Chronicles #9)
  • A Villainous Introduction (Grimmstead Academy, #1)
  • The Dragon Mistress: Book 1 (Dragon Mistress #1; The Eburosi Chronicles, #8)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Dead and Not So Dead, #1)
  • Vicious Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Savage Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #2)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Being Bad: 3 Erotic Stories of Hot Sex in Public Places
  • Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1)
  • Submission (Grimmstead Academy #2)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
J.M. Riddles is an avid lover of science fiction and fantasy (and heavy metal). She is currently hard at work on book three of the Convergence series. For other writing projects, social media links, and additional information you can visit her at

Convergence (2 books)
  • Blood Bound (Convergence #2)