Start by marking “Rescue Me: A Sage McGuire Romance” as Want to Read:
Rescue Me: A Sage McGuire Romance

Rescue Me: A Sage McGuire Romance

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
In RESCUE ME, Quirky, Private Investigator, Sage McGuire has her self-defense skills down pat, but still needs rescuing from a vicious lobster.

In addition to frightening crustaceans, she has a secret admirer known only as Smiley Emoji, a major confusing case, and a purse-snatcher she had to go mano-a-mano with.

Sage is obsessed with her lack of cooking skills. When she fl
Kindle Edition
Published August 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Me

Dianne
You know that feeling when you open a book about a character you love from an author who never fails to entertain you? I was already grinning because I knew Sharon Kleve’s quirky PI, Sage McGuire was going to take me away into her insanely comical world where no matter what Sage falls into, she may come out a little wilted, but she still manages to shine, or should I say, survive.
RESCUE ME is another laugh-out-loud adventure for Sage, the Queen of Klutz and a girl who knows the joy of being a fo
Kathy Heare Watts
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, humor, series, ghost
I LOVE YOU, SAGE MCGUIRE. YOU SURE MAKE LIFE INTERESTING

Book four of the Sage McGuire Romance had me laughing out loud within the first few pages and many other times throughout the story. I love the interaction between her and her now fiancé, Detective Carter Morgan. He refers to her as “the walking disaster magnet,” and if you have read each story, it is so fitting. “He was always worried about me getting hurt—because I had a slight propensity for accidents.” The saga is one that needs to be r
Richelle Robinson
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read anything by this author before and I really liked this story and characters! Sage is a funny and quirky PI who I found to be very relatable. Even though I didn’t read the first book in this stand alone series I didn’t feel lost and it felt like I was catching up with old friends. The story was funny, the pacing was good and we had several laugh out loud moments. My favorite was the cooking class scene. Kleve is a new to me author that I am so happy to discover and I look forward ...more
Loes M.
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked the fourth book in the Sage McGuire Romance series by Sharon Kleve best (up to now). The previous three books were equally short but packed a lot more punch. Sage got kicked around, ended up in hospital, the cops were involved, she solved a murder, was almost murdered herself … That was all a little bit over the top and to be frank also quite unbelievable. But, since that was the case in the previous three books, I kind of expected the same here. And so, in comparison, this book was a wh ...more
Lisa
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Rescue Me is part of a series of short contemporary novella-length romances featuring Sage McGuire, a modern woman who owns a detective agency. The cover blurb pretty much says it all, “A laugh-out-loud contemporary romance with a little action and a lot of passion”—well, sex and sexual situations.
Kleve has a lengthy repertoire of short, sexy stories. Rescue Me has Sage on the case of a wealthy older man investigating the background of his fiancé to make sure she’s not a gold digger before they
Mary
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun escape with Sage. As she continues to establish her private investigator business, she seems to run into crazy situations no matter how hard she tries to avoid trouble. She signs on to help a friend of her former boss who likes to appear in her dreams with messages. No matter what seems to happen, the same police officer keeps showing up and then notifying Carter about her daily happenings. She even attempts a cooking class so she can expand her skills in the kitchen which is well, h ...more
Patricia Kiyono
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rescue Me is a highly entertaining story of the not-so-graceful Sage McGuire and her narcotics cop fiance, Carter Morgan. Sage and her mishaps remind me of the Stephanie Plum stories. Things get done, but not always in the most efficient way. There's the secret admirer, the ghostly Mr. Smithson, and a host of other characters making this a quick and fun read.
Kathy
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sage McGuire is at it again. This time, she and her love Carter are keeping a K-9 dog, Fritz, while the dog’s handler is out of the net. In addition, in this book, she signs up to help a friend who is having strange dreams about his new girlfriend/soon-to-be-next wife who may be cheating on him, tries her hand in a defensive driving course that Carter insisted she take, searches for her friend’s kidnapped dog and tries a cooking class to learn how to make Carter a once-in-lifetime gourmet, multi ...more
Rebecca Austin
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-author
Sage McGuire is the owner of McGuire Investigations and now engaged to Sergeant Carter Morgan with the Portland Police Department. Sage is known for finding herself in more than one awkward situation that usually ends up with a trip to the hospital.

Sage's latest case finds her investigating Victoria Thompson who is engaged to Mr.Morganson and trying to discover if she is only marrying him for the money.

But Sage is also receiving gifts from an unknown admirer, taking a defensive driving course a
Jane
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so fortunate to be asked to review this authors books- here is another in the Sage series. These books so make me chuckle and I think to myself here we go again.

Sage continues to establish her private investigation business and now she is engaged to the narcotics police chap Carter Morgan.

This time round is as usual total madness - Sage barely passes her defensive driving test, works on a new case from her ex boss (who just happens to be dead!!) friend, engages in a little cookery classes (
Sydney Hopke
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun book to read! This is the first book I've read in this series and did not feel that I missed anything by not reading any of the others. Sage is working a case while wondering about a secret admirer she has, taking a cooking class so she can cook for her fiancé, and watching a K-9 dog. All of this leaves the reader laughing and smiling.

As with all this authors books you get to know the characters in a great story! In addition to Sage and Carter you have her office staff who help make t
Geneva Handleman
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sage is an accident prone PI with a tiny paranormal twist. Her ex boss’ ghost visits her in dreams to convince her to take certain cases. Her policeman boyfriend is always worried about her tendency to get herself hurt, which leads to some cute encounters between the other officers on the force and herself.

It’s a really cute romantic thriller comedy mixture with some seriously steamy sex scenes. While it’s very short, and usually I complain about length, it seemed put together well enough that I
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Julia David
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun read from the Sage McGuire saga. She is always so fun. She barely passes her defensive driving test and she flunks her cooking class. She gets a new case, courtesy of her ex-boss (who just happens to be dead) and there is a case of mistaken identity. Carter is there to rescue her from a lobster and she doesn't have a trip to the ER this time. Things are looking up.
Melissa Basnight
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun book in the Sage McGuire Romance series. Sage and Carter are such a cute couple that can't keep their hands off each other. She of course is always getting into trouble. She can't even take a defensive driving class or go to a cooking class without causing some type of mayhem. She is on another assignment for her dead boss's friend. I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Krys
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Im having a lobster nightmare"

Wow hilariously wirry. I love there were parts where i just could not stop laughing...lobster thats all im saying.
Love all the characters and how they interact with each other and all their crazy antics. I hope to read more about a new fave...officer Chrisman.

I recieved in exchange for an HONEST Review

Amary Chapman
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a humorous short romantic cozy in the Sage McGuire series. Sage as usual has mishaps and near mishaps as she goes about her day as a private investigator... And her police officer boyfriend Carter always seems to be informed.
Dognappers, cranky chefs, stun guns and secret admirers..
I received an ARC gratis to peruse.
Cheryl
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sage & Carter
You will laugh til you cry! The klutzy PI and her narco cop fiance are at it again in this fantastic novel filled with dognappers, defensive driving mishaps, and a cooking class gone wrong! Don't miss this MUST read.
Bobbi
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, so quirky and sweet. Sage is at it again, solving silly little mishaps, trying to keep herself from ending up in the hospital again. Love, cupcakes, and a K9 Unit dog make for a well-mixed story.
Donna Maguire

This is the fourth book in the Sage McGuire series and they have all been such fun to read!  In this one Sage is back to her normal mishaps and they are funny, I think she's a great character and what she gets up too intentionally and accidentally make the stories such great reads.

Even though it is the fourth in the series you can easily read it as stand alone (but I do recommend that you read the rest of you have time ad they are all really enjoyable and
Tammy
Dec 30, 2017
Elaine
Oct 21, 2017
Sharon Kleve
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Angela
Erika Garcia
May 16, 2018
Nancy Jones
Oct 11, 2018
Sharon Kleve was born and raised in Washington and currently lives on the Olympic Peninsula with her husband and two cats. When not writing, and working full-time, she can usually be found either curled up in her recliner with her cats and a good book or in the kitchen making cheese or baking sourdough bread or bagels.

Sharon is a multi-published author of contemporary romance with over twenty sto