Start by marking “The Rivalry of Renegade X (Renegade X, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Rivalry of Renegade X (Renegade X, #5)

The Rivalry of Renegade X

(Renegade X #5)

A tale of two Damiens.

After ruining the annual Tines family barbecue by retaliating against one of his stuck-up superhero cousins—who totally deserved it, no matter what anyone says—Damien just wants an easy summer. One that involves him and his friends hanging out and going on the occasional superhero mission. He doesn’t need his “good twin” from another dimension where h
Kindle Edition
Published January 20th 2020 by Golden City Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Rivalry of Renegade X, please sign up.
Chelsea Campbell Still working on it, so nothing is set in stone, but it features, among other things, Damien's "good twin" from another dimension showing up and makin…moreStill working on it, so nothing is set in stone, but it features, among other things, Damien's "good twin" from another dimension showing up and making his life difficult. Aiming for sometime in 2019. Like everything else, I'd hoped to have this done way sooner, but I didn't end up with much time for writing this year. But next year will be different!(less)

Start your review of The Rivalry of Renegade X (Renegade X, #5)
Angela Nuñez
Dec 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
Lo necesito en mi vida pero a la de yaaaaaaaa
Bobby
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy these books a lot. They are always a lot of fun with plenty of superhero craziness. They are definitely YA with a bit more teenager problems then I would normally like, but there's lots of other things to love.

The characters are great, and it's been interesting to see the slow growth of the main character over the course of the series. I find the voice the books are written in to be perfect for a snarky teenager.

I also really like the unique world building and the way society work
Jo
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series is so much more than its summaries even begin to give it credit for, and I'm positive I won't do it justice in a single review. I'm so sad to have finished the series (as it is now, there's certainly room in the storyline for more books), but I'm going to attempt to explain what it is that makes these books SO FRIGGIN AMAZING (behind spoiler tags, just to be safe):

(view spoiler)
Sarah W
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 5 stars
I loved this book! It was so much fun going back to Damien’s world and seeing all the crazy shenanigans he gets up to. In this addition, Damien’s alternate twin comes to his universe and starts acting all pure-hero, wooing friends and family alike, and ultimately unknowingly (well, slightly knowingly, he’s still a Damien) messing up real-Damien’s life. Real-Damien and his friends decide to send alternate-Dam
Ramona
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, science-fiction, ya
Rating – 4.5 stars

Disclaimer - I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this installment in the Renegade X series. It was so much fun, and I highly enjoyed being in this world again among these cool characters, Damien especially.

The alternate dimension plotline was very engaging and seemed on brand with recent TV and movie franchises (CW superhero shows, MCU), which was a plus imo. Especially since this book did it a bit better than the previous franchises I m
Farseer
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The premise of this one was a lot of fun. A version of Damien from a parallel dimension gets into Damien's dimension and start wreaking havoc. We could say he's an evil twin, except that in this case he's more of a "good twin". Kind of good, anyway, because he has his issues. In Other-Damien's world, he was raised by his father, the Crimson Flash, and he makes every effort to hide his half-villain status. Having parallel characters from both dimensions running around of course results in a lot o ...more
Amelia
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Actually good

I was a little worried about the plot of this book when I heard the summery of the plot in an earlier newsletter the author put out. Damian's evil twin from another dimension sounded pretty stupid. However the final product was actually really good. Instead of being an evil twin the twin was actually a good person kinda stuck-up and a goody two shoes but actually a likable character with all the strengths that Damian of this world lacks. Even the side stories of his girlfriend and b
Markus Matthews
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent as always!

I find when a series gets to five books and beyond, they run into the danger of becoming stale and repetitive. Thankfully, the Rivalry of Renegade X doesn’t have this issue. The author does a wonderful job of breathing new life into the series with this book.

I loved the concept of a ‘what if’ Damien had been raised by superheroes right from birth vs. by his evil mother which is answered by Other Damien. I’ll give massive kudos to the author for writing Other Damien and Other
Deanna Stanley
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read. Keep them coming!

Haven't you ever wondered what would happen if you did something different with your life? Well in this book Damien and Crew got to see a different side of themselves when another Damien from a parallel universe shows up. It causes the crew to have a lot of questions about whether they're living their best life or not. In addition to all the drama we do get a super bad guy from the alternate universe. In the end everyone appreciates what they have just a little bit
Алексей Пятаев
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Since the first book I was captivated by Damien character. It was so much fun to read about him and his friends adventures. And in “The Rivalry of Renegade X” readers are gifted with TWO Damien! I believe we all sometimes thinking “what our life will be if…” – and here readers can take a glimpse of what will be with “Renegade X” characters with different life. It was real joy to spend time with that book!

Thank you Chelsea M. Cam
Dragon
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story from Chelsea M. Campbell.

I really enjoy the Renegade X books, but I was worried about this one because of the interdimensional worlds and traveling. I'm just not a fan of books or any other media that has those elements in it, but even though this book had those elements it was still a great read. I really enjoyed the book and hope it comes out in hardcover and I also hope the author continues the series.
Sean Caballero
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding this book was basically the bestthing that's happened in years

When i first read "The rise of renegade X" I was very sad, because I couldn't find the rest of the series. Then, I found the trials and the betrayal, and have read them multiple times in the last few years. I found the Phobia and the Rivalry yesterday and read them both in a single setting. these books are hands-down my favourite series ever.
Mark Adler
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always fun to return to Golden city

I have been a fan since bumping into this series on audible way back when. I was going through the websites of my fav authors when I saw RX:5 was out and immediately downloaded and devoured it. Multiverse stories are always fun and I'm glad I got more Damien. I will patiently await book 6 because I will read every single thing Chelsea puts out multiple times until the audiobook bigwigs realize their incompetence and make more RX audiobooks.
Gene
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Because I enjoy super power books, and they are usually classed as YA, I tend to read a number of them. Usually, they are regular stories but with clean language and no adult situations. This was very sophomoric and quite juvenile and I frequently wanted to slap certain characters for the way they acted and spoke.
Sophie
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Entertaining

I was excited to see a new Renegade X book! It was just as fun and entertaining as the other books in the series, I love Damien's point of view and can't wait to see what happens next!
Foggygirl
Great read

Another action packed entertaining read about the Adventures of Renegade X and his inter dimensional twin. Damien is probably one of the most entertaining characters out there his personality and voice is hilarious.
Steve
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good fun read!

Renegade X is awesome! Perfect combination of arrogant awesome and likable. These are the kind of books you read in a single day on accident.
Taegan
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Renegade X is one of my favorite series of all time - hard to find another series that has such memorable and original characters
Eric Agyemang
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible

I laughed so much throughout the story and I felt so invested to the characters. Great read as always and would definitely recommend.
Sha
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot: Budding superhero(...ish) gets a visit from his alternate dimension counterpart. Shenanigans ensue.

1. I have complicated feelings about the Renegade X books. I adore the protagonist, who is an unapologetic little bitch with shit-stirring ambitions. I like the hero/villain angle and how it affects Damien's family life. I'm utterly disinterested in pretty much everything else.

2. I find superhero narratives super hard (hehehe) to get into. Comics are short form narratives that just focus on t
Tejas
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I revived a copy in exchange for honest review

I have always loved this series, and this book just reaffirmed that. It dove deeper into the world and offered a different side to Damien.
Kaylin
May 01, 2018
Melissa
Jan 26, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Isolation (Kid Sensation, #8)
  • Incarnation (Kid Sensation, #7)
  • Conjuration (Kid Sensation, #9)
  • Replication (Kid Sensation, #6)
  • Obelisk: Superpower Chronicles Book 6
  • Heroes (Superpower Chronicles #2)
  • Caped (The Omega Superhero, #1)
  • Sensation (Kid Sensation, #1)
  • Blackjack Villain (Blackjack #1)
  • Assassins: Superpower Chronicles Book 5
  • Coronation (Kid Sensation, #5)
  • Revelation (Kid Sensation, #4)
  • Extraction (Kid Sensation, #2.5)
  • Sidekicks (Superpower Chronicles #1)
  • Villains: Superpower Chronicles Book 4
  • Mutation (Kid Sensation, #2)
  • Infiltration (Kid Sensation, #3)
  • Starfall (The Chronicles of Fid #3)
Chelsea M. Campbell grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot. And then rains some more. She finished her first novel when she was twelve, sent it out, and promptly got rejected. Since then she's written many more novels, earned a degree in Latin and Ancient Greek, become an obsessive knitter and fiber artist, and started a collection of glass grapes. Besides writing, studying ancient ...more

Renegade X (5 books)
  • The Rise of Renegade X (Renegade X, #1)
  • The Trials of Renegade X (Renegade X, #2)
  • The Betrayal of Renegade X (Renegade X, #3)
  • The Phobia of Renegade X (Renegade X, #4)