Start by marking “Buried in Lies” as Want to Read:
Buried in Lies

Buried in Lies

His lips told me he knew me.
His hands touched like we were old lovers.
His eyes held secrets of a past I’d never known.
I was lost, you see.
Lost as the flowers that grew in the meadow.
The devil told me he knew me.
But lies had a way of unraveling, even if we didn’t want them to.
The devil had a trick, for his love was full of acid. Acid that burned at every touch, every linger
Published January 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Buried in Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried in Lies

Start your review of Buried in Lies
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A suspenseful, dark, raw, gritty read which had me devouring the pages like a blood thirsty vampire seeking blood.

BURIED IN LIES: Is a full length standalone dark novel by T.L. Smith. In two parts, flits from past to present effortlessly.

This isn’t a fairy tale with fluffy cats and farting unicorns sprinkling glitter onto the pages, because nothing and I mean nothing can really prepare you for this book, yes it’s dark, it’s gritty and pretty much as fucked up as one can get,
Nazanin
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2018, abuse, dark
3.75 "The Dog, The Mouse, The Wolf Stars"

Have you ever stood in the middle of a storm?
Felt its power?
The high you got from it?
That was how I met Syler Hunter.
He was unforeseen…

***
"Be careful, Jaya. Those who play in the dark carry handfuls of acid ready to eat away at your heart."
***
"To fall for the madman you must first taste the devil."
***
"I’m the big bad wolf. It’s me you need protection from."
***
He was like my poison chalice. Because I knew drinking from him one day would kill me. Yet, I sti
Dri ✰
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 WTF stars!!! ★

“Be careful, Jaya. Those who play in the dark carry handfuls of acid ready to eat away at your heart.”

Dark. Twisted. C-R-A-Z-Y!!!
Na
"A devil made you sin. And my devil was the worst"

Holy shit and Oh My God was all I could think while closing the book. (I know I have to re-write some parts of this review before putting it on amazon). Well, actually I closed my kindle HAHA but anyway. Let me say this first: Going for this book, be prepared for a hell ride you won't be prepared for. No matter how many reviews you might end up reading.

"I needed him more than I needed my next breath. He was hypnotizing. He was my storm."

I somehow
bookmarkbelles
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was DARK and TWISTED AF! I do not do Dark Romances. My anxiety cant handle it and yet I couldnt stay away from this story. I was too weak to fight the pull 😫It gripped me from the start! I found myself pulling my hair and chewing my nails and sometimes doing both at the same time cause my emotions were all over the place. This story is a complete mind fuck and I loved every minute of it. My name is Kelly and im addicted to the wolf they call Syler. I was immeditely drawn to him and eve ...more
Bookish Affair
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
✨✨✨ 4.1 S T A R S ✨✨✨✨

⚫Arc Provided In Exchange For An Honest Review ⚫
{The Mouse didn’t stray from the Wolf. No, she stayed with the Wolf.}
This book was a new kind of dark for me..the mystery, the anticipation of finding truths, the craziness that the character oozes and the lies that were told.. was nothing but in all a compelling and captivating story.
{my devil was stronger. For him, I couldn’t forgive. For him, I was going to punish.}
Jaya and Skyler were not your normal kind of couple.. t
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wtf-i-just-read
3.75 stars.
Interesting storyline, compelling character development,
great heroine who acts like naive lamb, hiding her inner lion perfectly, confused, broken but charismatic hero!
Don’t forget Taj, deceiving, dangerous but alluring character. And of course our irritating, disturbing woman villain who is also sister of our hero!
Bloggers From Down Under
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Look I am not going to hide the fact that I am a HUGE fan of T.L. Smith and that I have read everything that she has ever written, because quite simply I absolutely adore her and her writing hand. So I knew, I just knew when Buried In Lies fell into my kindle I was in for the ride of my life. I knew the queen of darkness (yes T.L.) was going to again blow my mind once again.

But without u
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Looking for something a little different? How about a lovers to enemies dark romance? USA Today bestselling author T.L. Smith has written an exceptionally dark tale about friends, lovers, enemies, hatred, and lies. Buried in Lies is not for those that are looking for a happy ever after filled with rainbows and butterflies.

Jaya Elmor’s closest friend is her coworker Toska Hunter, and they are merely acquaintances. Then Jaya’s eyes land on the
Janja
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Strange, absurd, brutal and bloody but still a love story in a triangle that you do not even know it is.
A lot of things are unexplained, but nevertheless a good reading.
Donna
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book is brilliant, jammed packed with WTF moments that leave you with your mouth gapping and are at a total loss for words at what you have just read. This is all completely typical when you read a book by TL Smith but she just seems to go that step further with every book.

The story is unique, if I can call it this but yes a little quirky, and most defintely a total and utter mind fuck. The main characters are some of which I have never read before. Jaya, Sylar and Toska are just someth
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“Those who play in the dark carry handfuls of acid ready to eat away at your heart.”

Attraction, addiction, a need so compulsive that you know it might kill you but you just can’t resist temptation... one look was all it took for his green eyes to capture her, to taunt her with everything she ever dreamed of. A willing pawn in their game, lost to the sensations and strangely addicted to the burn Jaya is not blind to the consequences, and decides its time to fight, this time she is no longer the
Jan
4.5 stars.
"She and I Fell into the pages of that book and got lost in the words".

One thing you don't get with TL Smith and that's hearts and flowers. What you do get is characters that are complex, a puzzle you think you can solve and you just can't, they are what they are but likeable in their own dark and messed up way.

TL Smith has once again written characters that lure you in by their actions which in the real world would be hard to comprehend and once again TL Smith has blown me away with
Brenda Travers
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What if I was to tell you this is a story not for the feint hearted, what if I was to tell you it will consume you to the point that you won’t be able to put it down. Buried In Lies is like no other and it’s going to screw with your mind.

I was Addicted, I was Captivated and I was completely blown away by this book. T.L. Smith is renowned for her Books with a dark soul but she has out done herself. Her characters are Deliciously Dark and oh so twisted, the perfect mix for this psychological susp
Tina H
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. Parts of it moved kinda of slow for me but I really enjoyed the twists and turns.
Melissa  Wright
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a total mind fu@k in the best way possible. This story is twisted, dark, and utterly delicious.

Syler is mysterious with the penetrating green eyes and is a wolf. Jaya is his mouse and that my friends equals and amazing story.

Even the secondary characters Taj and Toska will leave you hoping for more! And I do hope this book becomes a duet or perhaps a spin off will happen in the future.

Absolutely brillant story telling. ☆☆☆☆☆
Katrina
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
She was an mouse seeking acceptance, he was the devil surrounded by havoc . He showed his darkness, she showed him the light. Together they conquer the evil surrounding them , the darkness engulfing them to find a beautiful forever through twisted beginnings .

Buried in Lies is beautiful yet twisted love story .
A twisted love story , filled with monsters in the dark ,. A roller coaster ride with twists at every page turn . Some downright smokin hot smexy times , the chemistry was volcanic and mom
Tracy Wilkin
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a dark, deep and dastardly mind wreck!!! What the heck?? I read it, but I don't believe it!!! Might need to read this again. Not only to ensure what I read reaply happened, bht also because it was that good. I am struck speechless. This talent just has this supreme mindblowing effect. You will be in such a book slump after reading Buried in Lies, you may be ruined for all other authors.

Buried in Lies had me in state that was not recognisable. I had sweaty palms, rapidly beating heart, shor
Danielle Harris
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To fall for a madman you must first taste the devil

Wow this book is crazy hot. This book will definitely be in my top favorite book. So much rage, possession, addiction, and steam. This book is incredible.

This is a dark story about three characters. Jaya, Syler and crazy girl named Toska. Without details. Go into this story blind if you think you can handle the darkness.
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Bizarre and unbelievable stuff happens here! Some kind of darkest and most disturbing Little Red world..... "weird shit pulls in more weird shit". I just did not get it. I also did not care for single character in this story.

EscapeNBooks
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Buried in Lies by Author T. L. Smith is a dark romance novel.

“Your eyes are buried in lies, did you know that?”

You know how sometimes you just crave a certain type of novel? I love dark romance, and I needed a fix. From the moment I opened this novel and began reading, an air of mystery settled in around me. I was completely enveloped in the strange and intoxicating setting created by Author T. L. Smith.

Kira
This is a story about a girl who gets involved with two murderous psychopaths. Nothing about Toska or Syler was remotely appealing. They weren't psychopaths with charm who lured you in. They were nothing but demented from the start. I didn't find them interesting because there was no depth to them. There weren't deeper layers to be revealed. They simply did the fucked up things they did because they liked to.

Around a third of the way in, I realized that I didn't give a shit about the characters
Anne Milne
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s only the second week in January and I’ve already read two of my favourite books EVER and this story is one of them.

I believe this is a book that it’s best to know nothing about the story and to be honest I’m not sure I would be able to describe the plot adequately. What i do know is that it is unlike anything I’ve read before the premise is totally unique.

There are three main characters, Jaya, Syler and Toska but how to describe them complex, compelling , fascinating, manipulative, thrilli
R Rais
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow oh wow!
For those of you who know's this author works, you know how twisted she can be and this book said it all!
Love Buried In lies. Love the author with her twisted story line. Love how the characters connected. Not sure if my words can describe how good she is, but if usually you want to crawl in a book you read and live in it, i swear to God you would never want to live in any of TL Smith's books! Cause this author sure know how to write her twisted story and make you jump on your seat an
Becky Rendon
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was a helluva thing! I'm slightly questioning my moral compass after this read. It was dark, messy, and intriguing. You couldn't help but read on. While the acts were definitely of a questionable nature, it was still too easy to fall in deep with a certain green eyed monster.

Buried in Lies will pull you in quicker than you like and won't release you until it's done. It's captivating and gets your fight or flight instinct tripping. It was a ride I won't forget.

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sister
Heather R Callahan
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a great dark story, and this one is definitely that. Slyer and Jaya story will suck you in. It will twist you around and maybe give you up. Slyer isn't fluffy and cuddly, but he have his timed Jaya.
This is a must read !
Tammy
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not even sure where to start to review this book, but i absolutely loved it. Jaya and Syler do not have a normal relationship at all, actually it is so far from normal. I could not put this book down kept me wanting to turn the pages fager then I was reading, so I could find out what was going to happen next. This is not ur normal romance book, which made it even better.
Andrea Crane
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rollercoaster of crazy dark madness!! T.L. Smith always delivers. This book was a page turner never knowing what will happen. I love a book that makes it where I can't get anything done from reading.
Karin
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all that is T.L Smith and this book was amazing as is all her writing. Probably one of my favorites so far. Every book I read by her is uniquely written cause she in my opinion is the only author who I can’t predict the outcome cause she always does the unexpected. This book was dark, twisted, emotional, gritty. Basically a utter mess then unfolds into a darker love story. This is not a cookie cutter romance and was not a easy read but should not be missed.

I voluntarily reviewed a advance
Meredith
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Holy hell, this book takes you on a wild ride full of unexpected twists and turns! It is dark, suspenseful and hauntingly beautiful. It was unlike anything I have ever read before and I loved it.

Jaya Elmor works at the local cinema with Toska Hunter. The two are friendly, but not exceptionally close. At least not until she lays eyes on the mysterious Syler Hunter. She is captivated by him and soon finds herself in the middle of a deadly game of cat and mouse, not knowing where to turn or who to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Monsters
  • My Torin
  • Little Liar
  • Vlad (The V Games, #1)
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil's Own #5)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Fifth a Fury (Goddess Isles, #5)
  • El Malo
  • The Boy & His Ribbon (The Ribbon Duet, #1)
  • Fourth a Lie (Goddess Isles, #4)
  • Birds of Paradise
  • Deviants (Badlands #2)
  • The Day She Cried
  • Devil
  • Church (Church, #1)
  • When Sinners Kneel (Blackest Gold World, #1)
  • Gods & Monsters
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L. Smith loves to write her characters with flaws so beautiful and dark that you can’t turn away from. Her books have been translated into several languages. If you don’t find her in her home town of Queensland, Australia you can usually find her travelling around the world to sitting on a beach in Bali, to exploring Alcatraz in San Francisco or walking the streets ...more