Start by marking “Buried in Lies” as Want to Read:
Buried in Lies

Buried in Lies

His lips told me he knew me.
His hands touched like we were old lovers.
His eyes held secrets of a past I’d never known.
I was lost, you see.
Lost as the flowers that grew in the meadow.
The devil told me he knew me.
But lies had a way of unraveling, even if we didn’t want them to.
The devil had a trick, for his love was full of acid. Acid that burned at every touch, every linger
Published January 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Buried in Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried in Lies

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A suspenseful, dark, raw, gritty read which had me devouring the pages like a blood thirsty vampire seeking blood.

BURIED IN LIES: Is a full length standalone dark novel by T.L. Smith. In two parts, flits from past to present effortlessly.

This isn’t a fairy tale with fluffy cats and farting unicorns sprinkling glitter onto the pages, because nothing and I mean nothing can really prepare you for this book, yes it’s dark, it’s gritty and pretty much as fucked up as one can get, it’s gory an
Nazanin
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, abuse, dark, romance
3.75 "The Dog, The Mouse, The Wolf Stars"

Have you ever stood in the middle of a storm?
Felt its power?
The high you got from it?
That was how I met Syler Hunter.
He was unforeseen…

***
"Be careful, Jaya. Those who play in the dark carry handfuls of acid ready to eat away at your heart."
***
"To fall for the madman you must first taste the devil."
***
"I’m the big bad wolf. It’s me you need protection from."
***
He was like my poison chalice. Because I knew drinking from him one day would kill me. Yet, I sti
Dri ✰
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 WTF stars!!! ★

“Be careful, Jaya. Those who play in the dark carry handfuls of acid ready to eat away at your heart.”

Dark. Twisted. C-R-A-Z-Y!!!
Na
"A devil made you sin. And my devil was the worst"

Holy shit and Oh My God was all I could think while closing the book. (I know I have to re-write some parts of this review before putting it on amazon). Well, actually I closed my kindle HAHA but anyway. Let me say this first: Going for this book, be prepared for a hell ride you won't be prepared for. No matter how many reviews you might end up reading.

"I needed him more than I needed my next breath. He was hypnotizing. He was my storm."

I somehow
bookmarkbelles
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was DARK and TWISTED AF! I do not do Dark Romances. My anxiety cant handle it and yet I couldnt stay away from this story. I was too weak to fight the pull 😫It gripped me from the start! I found myself pulling my hair and chewing my nails and sometimes doing both at the same time cause my emotions were all over the place. This story is a complete mind fuck and I loved every minute of it. My name is Kelly and im addicted to the wolf they call Syler. I was immeditely drawn to him and eve ...more
Greta
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
“ It took me almost dying more than once for you to choose me. That isn't healthy, none of this is. We aren't good for each other. We'll keep on burning, until there's nothing left. ”

Una frase ad effetto, quella che ho voluto inserire come tagline di questa recensione. Buried in Lies non è di certo una storia leggera, che puoi leggere per avere una giornata all'insegna della spensieratezza. E' cruda, violenta e sanguinosa.

Jaya, la protagonista, non poteva di certo immaginare che Toska - la s
bookish_affair
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
✨✨✨ 4.1 S T A R S ✨✨✨✨

⚫Arc Provided In Exchange For An Honest Review ⚫
{The Mouse didn’t stray from the Wolf. No, she stayed with the Wolf.}
This book was a new kind of dark for me..the mystery, the anticipation of finding truths, the craziness that the character oozes and the lies that were told.. was nothing but in all a compelling and captivating story.
{my devil was stronger. For him, I couldn’t forgive. For him, I was going to punish.}
Jaya and Skyler were not your normal kind of couple.. t
Nilufer Yenidogan Ozmekik
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wtf-i-just-read
3.75 stars.
Interesting storyline, compelling character development,
great heroine who acts like naive lamb, hiding her inner lion perfectly, confused, broken but charismatic hero!
Don’t forget Taj, deceiving, dangerous but alluring character. And of course our irritating, disturbing woman villain who is also sister of our hero!
Bloggers From Down Under
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Look I am not going to hide the fact that I am a HUGE fan of T.L. Smith and that I have read everything that she has ever written, because quite simply I absolutely adore her and her writing hand. So I knew, I just knew when Buried In Lies fell into my kindle I was in for the ride of my life. I knew the queen of darkness (yes T.L.) was going to again blow my mind once again.

But without u
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
description

I wanted to start my review classy, like a lady would start a review after she just read one of the best books ever. And then I just realized – this lady never wants to come out and play when it comes to TL Smith’s books. Coherent thoughts long gone, I sat down and tried to pour my soul onto the pages. Then I failed miserably. There are only pure, raw emotions and the storm in my heart.

TL Smith wrecked me with Buried in Lies. I don’t lie when I say this book is my favorite work of hers. It feels
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Looking for something a little different? How about a lovers to enemies dark romance? USA Today bestselling author T.L. Smith has written an exceptionally dark tale about friends, lovers, enemies, hatred, and lies. Buried in Lies is not for those that are looking for a happy ever after filled with rainbows and butterflies.

Jaya Elmor’s closest friend is her coworker Toska Hunter, and they are merely acquaintances. Then Jaya’s eyes land on the
Janja
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Strange, absurd, brutal and bloody but still a love story in a triangle that you do not even know it is.
A lot of things are unexplained, but nevertheless a good reading.
Donna
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book is brilliant, jammed packed with WTF moments that leave you with your mouth gapping and are at a total loss for words at what you have just read. This is all completely typical when you read a book by TL Smith but she just seems to go that step further with every book.

The story is unique, if I can call it this but yes a little quirky, and most defintely a total and utter mind fuck. The main characters are some of which I have never read before. Jaya, Sylar and Toska are just someth
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“Those who play in the dark carry handfuls of acid ready to eat away at your heart.”

Attraction, addiction, a need so compulsive that you know it might kill you but you just can’t resist temptation... one look was all it took for his green eyes to capture her, to taunt her with everything she ever dreamed of. A willing pawn in their game, lost to the sensations and strangely addicted to the burn Jaya is not blind to the consequences, and decides its time to fight, this time she is no longer the
Jan
4.5 stars.
"She and I Fell into the pages of that book and got lost in the words".

One thing you don't get with TL Smith and that's hearts and flowers. What you do get is characters that are complex, a puzzle you think you can solve and you just can't, they are what they are but likeable in their own dark and messed up way.

TL Smith has once again written characters that lure you in by their actions which in the real world would be hard to comprehend and once again TL Smith has blown me away with
Brenda Travers
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What if I was to tell you this is a story not for the feint hearted, what if I was to tell you it will consume you to the point that you won’t be able to put it down. Buried In Lies is like no other and it’s going to screw with your mind.

I was Addicted, I was Captivated and I was completely blown away by this book. T.L. Smith is renowned for her Books with a dark soul but she has out done herself. Her characters are Deliciously Dark and oh so twisted, the perfect mix for this psychological susp
Melissa  Wright
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a total mind fu@k in the best way possible. This story is twisted, dark, and utterly delicious.

Syler is mysterious with the penetrating green eyes and is a wolf. Jaya is his mouse and that my friends equals and amazing story.

Even the secondary characters Taj and Toska will leave you hoping for more! And I do hope this book becomes a duet or perhaps a spin off will happen in the future.

Absolutely brillant story telling. ☆☆☆☆☆
Katrina
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
She was an mouse seeking acceptance, he was the devil surrounded by havoc . He showed his darkness, she showed him the light. Together they conquer the evil surrounding them , the darkness engulfing them to find a beautiful forever through twisted beginnings .

Buried in Lies is beautiful yet twisted love story .
A twisted love story , filled with monsters in the dark ,. A roller coaster ride with twists at every page turn . Some downright smokin hot smexy times , the chemistry was volcanic and mom
Tracy Wilkin
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a dark, deep and dastardly mind wreck!!! What the heck?? I read it, but I don't believe it!!! Might need to read this again. Not only to ensure what I read reaply happened, bht also because it was that good. I am struck speechless. This talent just has this supreme mindblowing effect. You will be in such a book slump after reading Buried in Lies, you may be ruined for all other authors.

Buried in Lies had me in state that was not recognisable. I had sweaty palms, rapidly beating heart, shor
Danielle Harris
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To fall for a madman you must first taste the devil

Wow this book is crazy hot. This book will definitely be in my top favorite book. So much rage, possession, addiction, and steam. This book is incredible.

This is a dark story about three characters. Jaya, Syler and crazy girl named Toska. Without details. Go into this story blind if you think you can handle the darkness.
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Bizarre and unbelievable stuff happens here! Some kind of darkest and most disturbing Little Red world..... "weird shit pulls in more weird shit". I just did not get it. I also did not care for single character in this story.

EscapeNBooks
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Buried in Lies by Author T. L. Smith is a dark romance novel.

“Your eyes are buried in lies, did you know that?”

You know how sometimes you just crave a certain type of novel? I love dark romance, and I needed a fix. From the moment I opened this novel and began reading, an air of mystery settled in around me. I was completely enveloped in the strange and intoxicating setting created by Author T. L. Smith.

Jillian Quinn
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book, dipped it in tea and ate up every last page. And it was sooo good. So was the tea! :)

Where do I even start after reading one of the best mind fucks ever? Seriously, #mindblown Buried in Lies is the first T.L. Smith book I read, and it will not be the last. The cover, the title, the story, the characters, everything about this book was perfect. From the start, I was hooked on Syler. Total grabby hands over here. Gimme, gimme. I would have been all over him, too. I was like,
Anne Milne
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s only the second week in January and I’ve already read two of my favourite books EVER and this story is one of them.

I believe this is a book that it’s best to know nothing about the story and to be honest I’m not sure I would be able to describe the plot adequately. What i do know is that it is unlike anything I’ve read before the premise is totally unique.

There are three main characters, Jaya, Syler and Toska but how to describe them complex, compelling , fascinating, manipulative, thrilli
Raquel Costa
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
*** 4 estrelas ***

Sabe aquele livro q é tão errado, mas
ainda assim vc gosta? É esse kkkkkk.
Em alguns momentos me senti tão louca quanto os personagens, pq até agr tô tentando achar algm normal, pq aqui loucura pouca é bobagem.
E por mais errado que seja o relacionamento dos personagens, o que os personagens fazem eu gostei, e em muitos momentos eu vibrei com algumas cenas.
Eu realmente adorei o livro, mesmo imaginando um final diferente, porém o original não me decepcionou, e já estou desejando u
Rahmayanti
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow oh wow!
For those of you who know's this author works, you know how twisted she can be and this book said it all!
Love Buried In lies. Love the author with her twisted story line. Love how the characters connected. Not sure if my words can describe how good she is, but if usually you want to crawl in a book you read and live in it, i swear to God you would never want to live in any of TL Smith's books! Cause this author sure know how to write her twisted story and make you jump on your seat an
Becky Rendon
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was a helluva thing! I'm slightly questioning my moral compass after this read. It was dark, messy, and intriguing. You couldn't help but read on. While the acts were definitely of a questionable nature, it was still too easy to fall in deep with a certain green eyed monster.

Buried in Lies will pull you in quicker than you like and won't release you until it's done. It's captivating and gets your fight or flight instinct tripping. It was a ride I won't forget.

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sister
Heather R Callahan
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a great dark story, and this one is definitely that. Slyer and Jaya story will suck you in. It will twist you around and maybe give you up. Slyer isn't fluffy and cuddly, but he have his timed Jaya.
This is a must read !
Tammy
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not even sure where to start to review this book, but i absolutely loved it. Jaya and Syler do not have a normal relationship at all, actually it is so far from normal. I could not put this book down kept me wanting to turn the pages fager then I was reading, so I could find out what was going to happen next. This is not ur normal romance book, which made it even better.
  • Addiction
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
  • Parasight (Red Order, #2)
  • Tied (Voyeur, #2)
  • To Have and to Hold
  • Cruel Boundaries (Boundaries, #1.5)
  • With Ties That Bind (With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #1)
  • Monsters
  • Finding Rhiannon (Lilith's Army MC, #2)
  • Twisted Fate (A Twisted Fairy Tale #1)
  • Bite Me, Daddy
  • Stockholm
  • Dirty (Bad. Dirty. Power. #2)
  • Pretty New Doll (Pretty Little Dolls, #3)
  • The Maiden (The Cloister, #1)
  • Filthy 3 (Filthy, #3)
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth