Start by marking “Blessed in the Darkness: How All Things Are Working for Your Good” as Want to Read:
Blessed in the Darkness: How All Things Are Working for Your Good

Blessed in the Darkness: How All Things Are Working for Your Good

The same God who leads us to green pastures guides us through the valleys. #1 New York Times bestselling author Joel Osteen shares how God uses the darkness in life for good.

All of us will go through dark times that we don't understand: a difficulty with a friend, an unfair situation at work, a financial setback, an unexpected illness, a divorce, or the loss of a loved one
Published October 24th 2017 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Blessed in the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blessed in the Darkness

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So Very powerful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joel Osteen has written a brand new book that deals precisely with being able to see the blessing inside of the darkness. He explains how God promises He will walk with us and lead us through still waters. He is promising us as we walk through the valley that He will be with us through the struggles. And on the other side we will be rewarded with greater blessings.

I hadn’t even got past chapter one and I found myself reading with tears streaming down my face. Eve
Donna
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I like this author. He has a positive message that he perpetuates with great passion. Given all the drama in my current work place, I thought that this was just what I needed, but for some reason, it didn't have as great of an effect on me as I had hoped for. While I appreciate the positive message, there were some things I strongly disagreed with. There was also a fair amount of repetition in this, so 3 stars. I still like the author but this book didn't do it for me.
Chris Mitchell
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: joel-osteen
Blessed in the Darkness confirms what I have always believed about life that are struggles have purpose.

In Pastor Osteen’s most recent book, “Blessed in the Darkness: How All Things Are Working for Your Good” Joel not only make a case, but provides plenty of evidence (both from the Bible and real-life examples) to support the belief that everything in our life happens for a reason.

I had always believed that my disabilities:
• being born with birth defects from the rubella syndrome including catar
J.D. DeHart
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be an enjoyable reflection on choosing to believe the best, even in difficult circumstances.

Joel Osteen gives personal and professional examples of overcoming obstacles throughout the book, and compares the suffering and problems people face to a seed of faith germinating for later fullness.

There are many words of encouragement and kindness offered here - words that will no doubt linger with readers as they move along their path of faith with God.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"You lost a job, a position, a major client, but God has a new position, new opportunities, new levels for you. If you go through the valleys, trusting, believing God is in control, you will come to the table prepared for you. Into the fresh anointing, into increase where you cup runs over." (Joel Osteen, Blessed in the Darkness)

God has planned your future and it is a great one. All the things that you are going through today is not where you will end up in the end. You may be going through diff
Anita
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
All of us go through dark times that can test our sanity and sometimes even our faith. These times are a part of the human journey. We have to remain positive and know that God is in control. Pastor Osteen states that if we stay faithful and have a good attitude, all things will work out positively.
This was a good book when you are under a load of stress and need a reboot. Most of the book was super positive, but a chapter or two focused on the negative sides of different dilemmas. I didn’t fee
Michelle
All Things Are Working For Your Good is an inspirational book by Joel Osteen. This book is well written and I appreciate that the author uses true stories to show that God works all things together for good. God can turn your questions into exclamations.

This book inspired me to keep going even through the tough times. The author helped me understand that what I call burdens are actually blessings. God uses those burdens to help me mature in faith.

My favorite part of the book was seeing that Je
Afrijewel
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-I called upon the Lord Almighty God in November 2017. I wept out. I was lost, confused, sad, and in pain. I did not know where else to go, I was scared and almost gave up on me.
-He answered my call on 12/8/2017 by sending his disciples and angels who delivered this book to me. It was placed on top of a trash can at a Bus Terminal. Of course, I checked around and waited. I was silently shocked, but I knew immediately, it was Him.
-God is real. He listens and loves us. God watched me and knew. (
Charles Reimler
Nov 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Narcissistic “I” Religion: Joel Osteen
Signs Autographs Like A Celebrity &
Saint Peter At Gates Of Heaven Will
NOT HONOR His Autograph As A Guaranteed Ticket Into Heaven! Mature People Live Humbled Lives! Book Rehash
Self-Help Has Similar Content “Other” Self-Help Gurus Nothing New Content!
“Large $ Profits” In The “Not-For-Profit” Religion Business, Plus “Prancing Status” Before Suckers!
Connie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the right book just happens to come along at the exact right time. This did live up to it’s title, offering much to think about, real-life examples and testimonies as well as Bible stories to further add to the points it made and some well-given advice. I appreciated that. I also appreciated that the author shared times he went through dark periods. It helps when the person writing about topics like this has some personal experience with it, and that is even one of the points he makes: ...more
thewestchestarian
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The latest in the Houston preacher's collections of homilies. Give Osteen credit for having a formula and working it hard. Osteen will take simple, every day, experiences (getting stuck under a bench press weight bar) or just devices such as the navigational system in his car (remember those?) and turning them into lessons on God. As usual, the focus is God and not Jesus whom Osteen rarely touches upon. This may be related to Joel's very frequent references to his own father. This outing present ...more
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am going to be honest, I am not a huge Joel Osteen fan, but "Blessed in the Darkness" was a great book that I really enjoyed and I think he did a great job with this book. We all have experienced seasons in our life where things don't go the way we have planned. Whether you have been in financial turmoil, difficult relationships or your family has been attacked, we have all faced trials in our life. However, it is what we do and who we look to in those situations that make us the people God ha ...more
Angie Dent
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blessed in the Darkness is truly a blessing! If you’ve been waiting a long time for a prayer to be answered or have ever asked God “why” about anything you’ll love this book! Pastor Joel really helps you to understand those “whys” and what to do when your prayers aren’t getting answered or the problem isn’t turning around.

At the very beginning, you’re encouraged. Reading this book was like walking through the “halls of faith” of Hebrews Chapter 11. Every personal example pointed to a faith chap
John Johnson
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Everyone goes through difficult times in their lives. This book is about how God will help you through those hard times and use them to promote you. God uses the challenges in the dark times to bring you to our destinies. Nothing can stop you from reaching the destiny God has for you except you. This is the message of this book.

Osteen always delivers a positive message of God's favor and this book is no exception. If you are a fan of Joel Osteen, I believe this is one of his best books. If you a
Mspraise50
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read Joel's books before but this one has gone right to the top of the list for me. I am going through a very difficult time right now in my life. Something I never ever thought I would experience. Reading this book has given me hope that out of this awful circumstance I find myself in that some how God is going to work this situation out for my good. I have started to listen to it for the second time. I listened to it on Audio. Great read if you are going through a challenge in your life ...more
Abigail
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was grateful enough to receive an e-copy of this novel through NetGalley! All that is asked of me is to give an honest review and that's what I plan to do here. This is another "spoiler-free" review. It's nonfiction and hard to spoil. This book is currently out! It came out on the 24th of this month. So, you can go ahead and grab a copy if you are interested. :)

Okay, so if you aren't aware I am a Christian.  don't talk about my faith too much because of how negative people can be. Of course if
sylvia
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome and I haven't finish reading it yet. It show me what's going on with my storms in my lift and turn my raging storms into calm seas thank Joel God is using you in a mighty way. I glad you wrote this book and it's helping me a lot can wait until I finish reading it I will keep it in my library. God bless you and your family. Sylvia from north Carolina
Lenita Sheridan
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope for the Hurting

The only disappointment I had with this book is that when I finished it, it was over. After the recent loss of a loved one, this book appeared in my Kindle at just the right time. One of my favorite chapters was one about being anchored to hope. The author ends on the right note, that your ending will be good, which is what the last chapter is all about.
Joseph
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Blessed in the Darkness is a little simplistic at times and full of trite phrases, but touches on finding God amid the disappointments and sorrows of life and powerfully shares personal stories of the author coping with his own challenges, especially his father's passing. It is a quick read and a nice salve for one who may be facing doubt in faith from sorrow or loss.
Dustin Henson
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic read as is all the books from Joel. A lot of insight in this book, not my absolute favorite, but definitely deserves a second read-through. It has opened my eyes to a new perspective on my own life and also my outlook on life. I recommend for any Osteen fan. This book will be cathartic and help you through those dark times.
VERDIVA M
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blessed

This book like his countless others have provided inspiration and encouragement. He has aligned helplessness with hopeful affirmation and positive alternatives for expecting your blessing.
Misty Packard
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Joel and his ministry!
I love his uplifting and positive messages.
If you love the Lord and want to be uplifted and encouraged, I would recommend you read, listen and watch Joel.
This is another one of his awesome books!!!
Read and be blessed 🕇
Leigh Roberson
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book!

I have read many books by Osteen and as expected, this one is excellent. I found it very encouraging and full of ways to apply the biblical principles to your life. I am challenged and changed for the better.
Justin Heilman
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite from Joel. When things go wrong is when we start to question everything. This book helps you find the good in everything. It will even explain how even death of a close one can be a blessing. Very powerful.
Christina Mitchell
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super inspiring book, very encouraging and uplifting. Helps you to get refocused and to change your perspective back around to good. I've gone through this book several times and it's helpful everytime.
Carleen
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I've learned that every time something dies in my life, something else is coming to life." -Joel Osteen

"Hold tightly to what God put in your heart, but hold loosely to how it's going to happen." -Joel Osteen

"Don't complain about the trouble; that difficulty set you up for double." -Joel Osteen
Arianne Joyce
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Changing perspectives

This book is a great reminder that trials are blessings in disguise and used by God to help us become strong and prepared for the glorious future he in stored for us. A must read to revive your discouraged spirit to maintain your trust in the Lord.
Susan Frazier-Kouassi
There are days when you really do need to hear the positive, upbeat, encouraging, and optimistic word from Joel Osteen.
Adam
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
God wouldn't have allowed it if it weren't somehow going to work out for your good. God Always causes you to triumph.

Omnivorous Fish
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it would be nice
JOEL OSTEEN is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers. He is the senior pastor of America's largest congregation, Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. More than 45,000 people attend services there every week. His televised messages are seen by more than 10 million viewers each week in the United States, and millions more in 100 nations around the world. His 24-hour channel on SiriusXM Satell ...more
“Quit complaining about what you’re going through, about how unfair it is, about who did you wrong. It may be uncomfortable, you may not like it, but it’s working for your good.” 0 likes
“God, this is a dark place. I may not see it now, but I believe it’s working for me. I’m getting stronger. I’m developing patience and perseverance and learning to trust You.” 0 likes