Start by marking “Carbon Run (Tales From A Warming Planet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Carbon Run (Tales From A Warming Planet, #2)

Carbon Run

(Tales From A Warming Planet #2)

What if your father had to run for his life? Carbon Run is an exciting thriller set in a dystopian world ravaged by climate change. Fossil fuels are banned, pirates smuggle oil, and governments erase citizens' identities. Anne Penn dreamed of saving an endangered species of birds. When a fire destroys the birds' last home, her beloved father Bill is accused of starting the ...more
Published October 21st 2017 by Joseph G. Follansbee / Fyddeye Media

To ask other readers questions about Carbon Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carbon Run

Start your review of Carbon Run (Tales From A Warming Planet, #2)
Clare O'Beara
This dystopian thriller begins in Oregon but the action shifts to the Arctic Ocean - not as we know it. When the world warmed a new source of fuel was needed, safer than burning oil, and due to a major problem explained in the book, this went wrong. The Arctic is now ice-free and a science station is tethered at the North Pole, floating, a destination for luxury cruise ships.

We follow a young lady called Anne Penn who just wants to help preserve the last breeding home of the Klamath magpie. But
Siobhan
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Carbon Run is the second book in J.G. Follansebee’s Tales From A Warming Planet series, but it works perfectly fine without reading The Mother Earth Insurgency. I read it without having read the prior story, and I had no issue understanding all that was going on.

Carbon Run was an interesting read, one that provides a really interesting world. I enjoy stories that look at the future, those with a focus upon what could happen with our environment in the years to come, and this one offered up fun p
Keith Ayres
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Carbon Run is set after Global Warming has been made worse by a massive event releasing methane in vast quantities into the atmosphere. I found the early chapters slower than I normally like but I was glad I continued as the character and situation setting made the remainder of the novel vastly more enjoyable. There is a good strong story line throughout the book, with some interesting twists and turns. J. G. Follansbee is excellent at his craft and I look forward to reading more of his excellen ...more
Cheryl Wedesweiler
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. There were so many twists and turns that it made me want to come back for more. I would like to see this story made into a movie: a sci-fi treat.

The book was very well researched. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
John
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent dystopian novel, probing a much warmer world of the future. Like all good books, the well-realized technical achievements play merely a background role to the dramas of the central characters. Well paced, exciting--just a very enjoyable read.
Karina Halt
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift.
This is a great read and I recommend it to those who want's a different take on the dystopian genre.
Romi || Romi Reads
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copies, ebooks
Okay, I’m really having a hard time rating this book and I’ll try to explain why.

When I was offered the opportunity to review this story about global warming, I was really excited. Growing up in a very conscious little town I learnt about protecting and loving the Earth at a very young age, so a dystopian on what a possible outcome of the climate change could bring really intrigued me! Nevertheless, I know myself for not being able to enjoy futuristic books as much as contemporary ones, mostly b
Conoley Ballard
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book loved it
Bona Fide Book Reviews
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carbon Run is a mind-catching story. Set in a futuristic, dystopian society, the characters not only deal with poverty, but also an aggressive department of the government named the Bureau of Environmental Security. Usually referred to as the BES, their unlikable employees are often called the Bessies, and are arrogant, judgmental, and unrelenting people. Their job is to locate those who break the laws pertaining to global warning.

Bill Penn and his daughter, Anne, live on a bit of acreage outsid
Ashleigh Gauch
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I purchased the first full length novel in the Tales from a Warming Planet series, Carbon Run, I expected it to pick up where The Mother Earth Insurgency had left off.

Instead, I was greeted with an entirely different story, though I'm not sure how distant from one another on the time-line the two books are as the details like dates are fairly hazy. That said, this was just as much a thriller, although a more complex one.

We open in the point of view of our first protagonist (there's five thr
Steven Wells
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Carbon Run: Tales from a Warming Planet, J.G. Follansbee speculates about an apocalyptic climate-change event forty year into the future. In response, the government passes the Carbon Acts to protect the planet and its species by outlawing the use of carbon fuels. These laws are enforced by the “Bessies” of the Bureau of Environmental Security, and one can almost imagine jack-booted thugs kicking down doors in their search for illegal fuel.

When single-dad William Penn accidentally burns down
J.G. Follansbee
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Wesley Britton
Edward
DAVID SWAN
Jennie Ersari
Sep 21, 2017
I'm the author of the fantasy series The Future History of the Grail and the scifi series Tales From a Warming Planet. The Future History of the Grail is a retelling of the King Arthur legends, placing the action 1,000 years in the future. Tales From a Warming Planet imagines life in future centuries after the climate has warmed. I also publish short stories in scifi anthologies and magazines.

Tales From A Warming Planet (4 books)
  • The Mother Earth Insurgency (Tales From A Warming Planet, #1)
  • City of Ice and Dreams (Tales From A Warming Planet, #3)
  • Restoration (Tales From A Warming Planet, #4)