Start by marking “Illusionary (Hollow Crown, #2)” as Want to Read:
Illusionary (Hollow Crown, #2)

Illusionary

(Hollow Crown #2)

Reeling from betrayal at the hands of the Whispers, Renata Convida is a girl on the run. With few options and fewer allies, she's reluctantly joined forces with none other than Prince Castian, her most infuriating and intriguing enemy. They're united by lofty goals: find the fabled Knife of Memory, kill the ruthless King Fernando, and bring peace to the nation. Together, R ...more
ebook
Expected publication: May 11th 2021 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Illusionary, please sign up.

Start your review of Illusionary (Hollow Crown, #2)
Zoraida
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Edit 9/2/20

Cover/title reveal moved to Sept 8th! Sorry friends! We want to make sure the preorder links are live.

*****

Edit: 8/28/20

I've heard from a little publishing bird that there may be a cover dropping on Sept 4 ;)

*****

Hi! If you follow me on here you know I keep track of some updates in these reviews. Right now, I just want to say that I have finished the book. It was a JOURNEY. And I love the characters I've created and Renata's growth and power. So...UPDATES.

- HOLLOW CROWN #2 is still
Anissa
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The perfect conclusion!
fanna
Apr 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-releases
September 08, 2020: THAT COVER OMG! I MEAN, it's just tooooo perfecttttttt-

April 11, 2020: Incendiary was average for me but Castian and Nuria are above average and they need my love so I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel for them and them ONLY.
Rebecca Roanhorse
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This YA Fantasy picks up where the series opener INCENDIARY left off and boosts the adventure and romance in equal parts. Corrupt kings, desperate rebels, lost goddesses, magical weapons and dark injustices fill the pages of this fast-paced conclusion to the duology. Some nice twists and turns right to the end. An enjoyable read.
Hedieh Danesh Bayan
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Incendiary and it was incredible. I really hope to read more about the relationship between Prince Castian and Renata in the second book.
Anthony
Sep 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
Ready for some Ren and Cas feels.
Areesha
Sep 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: want-want-want
9/25/20: GEE IM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS SEQUEL AND IM SO READY TO EXPLORE CASTIANS AND RENS RELATIONSHIP AND EVERYTHING THATS COMING UP COULD 2021 COME ANY SOONER PLEASE???
Calibrisfont
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book wouldn’t be released until next year...

Until then, I’ll be mentally infatuated with Prince Castian sksk
Solace_In_Reading
Jul 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
6.7.2020
RENATA IS MY FAVE!! I am so excited for this book. Zoraida is one of my new favorite authors.

9.8.2020
OMG!! This cover is so powerful and I love how it's almost an inverted version of Incendiary. LOVE IT.

11.24.2020
I am so ready for this book to come out as well because the first one is for sure one of my top ten books of 2020. It's one of the freshest fantasy novels I've read this year.
Ann Rees
Jun 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
I needed this book yesterday
Laura - Random Utopias
Oct 11, 2020 marked it as im-just-commenting
This cover... sexy
Molly Who
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Edelweiss+ for the eARC and Zoraida Cordova and Hachette Book Group for the physical ARC
I have never been more excited or more satisfied with a book ending than with Illusionary.
I loved Ren's character development - she was able to grow into the person that she was meant to become, allowing herself to learn from her trauma, and find comfort in the found family she created.
SHE LEARNED TO HANDLE HER TRAMA!
I cannot begin to tell you how excited this made me! She didn't rush into decis
Emma
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an ending ... review to follow.
michelle xie ✧
I need it
Kristian Beverly
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was amazing. Real review is coming.
Maria Elena | _mkarys
If I could put my feelings in a jar every time I finish a book, Illusionary’s would be glowing.

This book was character development at its finest. Renata grows so much since the events of Incendiary, both emotionally and in regards to her power, and I loved seeing that progress. Not that I didn’t like her in the first book, but it’s always beautiful to see a character become a better version of themselves. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that she’s one of my new favorite YA heroines. (The
Natasha
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Once I was a rebel, one of the Whispers. Now I am just a traitor.”

In this thrilling conclusion to the Hollow Crown duology, Our favourite Robári embarks on a dangerous voyage, teaming up with one of her greatest enemies to find the mythical knife of memory.They plan to bring justice to the kingdom and end the reign of tyranny,once and for all.

A truly breathtaking sequel to Incendiary, with all the action,adventure and romance of a cinematic fantasy. Someone NEEDS to adapt this series, movie or
Chiara | _ckarys
Actual rating: 4.5/5 stars

To say ILLUSIONARY was one of my most anticipated sequels of 2021 is an understatement, so I’m super happy I was able to get my hands on an e-arc of this wonderful book! I read Incendiary last year for the #booktalkwithwifey read-along and fell in love. It has so many of the elements I love: royals, rebels, court intrigue and magic all wrapped in one. But what ruled over all else was Prince Castian. This villainous prince who somehow dominated the narrative even with li
Rebecca Veight
Apr 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Renata and Castian are looking for Dez and the Knife of Memory. The Gray, where her stolen memories are stored is falling apart, trying to take her and reality with it. Meanwhile, war is brewing and our heroes seem to be caught in the middle of it.

Enemies to allies with a lot of tension between them, Renata & Castian's bickering makes me smile. Actually, a lot of their interactions make me smile or feel so much. Cordova does emotion so well. It's like you can truly feel the aching of the main ch
Librow0rm  Christine
I remember finishing Incendiary and feeling a little bereft at leaving the world of Ren and the whispers, so I was really happy for the opportunity to review the e-arc of Illusionary in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. Thank you NetGalley and Hodder & Stoughton...even if my grateful acceptance also came with a fear that the conclusion to the Hollow Crown duology would fail me!

Was I right to be concerned? Hell NO!

In Illusionary we see the full circle of the friends to enemies to lover
Sara Zaninelli
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The way he touched her, like he was learning how to recognize her with his eyes closed.”

How can you review a book that left you in tears and made you stay up till 1 a.m. to finish?! I still don’t know. Let me tell that I enjoyed it far more than the first one and I’ve been able to feel a stronger connection with the characters, especially with Castian that is far more present than in Incendiary. I mean, this book has the best trope ever: From friends to enemies to lovers, how an incredible jou
Rachael Mills
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[4.5 stars] This is one of the most under-rated YA duologies and deserves so much more love. Illusionary begins two weeks after the events of Incendiary and had me invested from the very first page. The relationship between Ren and Castian was beautifully developed and felt so authentic. The world-building is expanded even further and the reader is introduced to new characters and settings that combine to create a richly detailed and layered story.

Ren's journey was my favourite aspect of this b
Sarah  Bittel
Apr 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Illusionary was beyond my expectations for the second in a duology. Picking up right where Incendiary left off, Renata is trying to figure out what needs to be done to save the world she loves and has to do so with the man she hates the most. This is a roller coaster and a beautiful ride. I loved the banter, the hate, the love, the pirates! There are so many fantastic pieces to this story and it is filled with layers that pull on all the emotions. The characters are both well written and well de ...more
Caylie Ratzlaff
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the eARC in exchange for the review. 4/5 Stars.

I remember reading Incendiary and almost DNFing it, but I ended up loving it. This was the same for Illusionary. I still LOVE the magic system. Ren healing from her trauma was BEAUTIFUL and the growth ALL of the characters demonstrated made this worth reading, and it ended the story lines well.

Saying that, I felt the ending was just RUSHED -- especially with the addition of the epilogue. I was like...this
Jeraca
Dec 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this free eARC novel from the author and Edelweiss. This is my honest review.

Sadly I was not able to really connect with this series like I had hoped I would. The disconnect with the characters and not really getting emerged into the story as deep as I wanted to had a part in that, though I will say that I enjoyed this one a bit more than I did with book 1, which is a bit unusual with me.

Hopefully I am one of the very few readers who feel this way and that everyone will enjoy this i
Mayushii
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER FREE!! Thank you Glasstownent for sending me an eARC to read and review!!

This book instantly hooked me in with its amazing and captivating narrative. Where Incendiary focused on court intrigue and building up the character's emotions, Illusionary delivered in bringing that tension between the two characters.

One of the book's highlights is seeing how Renata works through her trauma and insecurities. In Incendiary, we have a girl consumed by fear of what and who she is. But in Illusionary
Erin Mendoza
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was fabulous.
It opens where Incendiary left off- Ren and Cas trying to save the kingdom. They embark on a journey to find a mythical weapon with the hope of ending King Fernando's rule.
We get to see more of the world here and get to meet some great new characters. Who doesn't love pirates? Readers also learn a lot more of the history of the Moira and Puerto Leones.
Action packed and full of adventure, this is the perfect conclusion to the story.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers f

• The Prison Healer (The Prison Healer, #1)
  • The Intimacy Experiment (The Roommate, #2)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)
  • The Shadow in the Glass
  • For the Wolf (Wilderwood, #1)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Threadneedle (The Language of Magic, #1)
  • Divine Blood (Guardians of the Maiden, #1)
  • Bridge of Souls (Cassidy Blake, #3)
  • Amelia Unabridged
  • The Ones We're Meant to Find
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
  • A Dark and Hollow Star (A Dark and Hollow Star, #1)
  • Vicious Spirits (Gumiho, #2)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • The Beautiful Ones
Zoraida Córdova is the author of many fantasy novels for kids and teens, including the award-winning Brooklyn Brujas series, Incendiary, and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: A Crash of Fate. Her short fiction has appeared in the New York Times bestselling anthology Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View, Star Wars The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark, Come on In: 15 Stories About Immigration and Fi ...more

Hollow Crown (2 books)
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)