Start by marking “Protector's Claim” as Want to Read:
Protector's Claim

Protector's Claim

Gabrielle Thornton

I made a mistake.
I allowed myself to be born. I allowed myself access into a life that wasn’t mine, and for that, I had willingly submitted my body and soul to a man whose sadistic pleasures knew no bound, a man who relished in my pain as much as he craved my flesh.

A monster I would do anything to escape.

But what if I could make it stop? What if the cos
Published October 31st 2017 by Airicka Phoenix

To ask other readers questions about Protector's Claim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protector's Claim

Dilek VT
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: abuse-violence
This hasn’t been an enjoyable read for me as far as its content is considered. I just thought it would be something else and that’s why I started to read it and then what I found is as follows:

Woman cheats on her husband and gets pregnant
They are upper class family so appearances are important
That’s why they keep it in the family and do not divorce

She gives birth to that child
Her husband gives his surname to the child but never really owns her as his own
He beats and abuses her sexually all her c
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

Protector's Claim was a book I had been looking forward to for so long. Everything about this authors writing reaches into my heart and doesn't let me go. She gives you a hero in Kieran that is so very intense and so very protective that I simply hung on every word or every page he was on. These two met when Gabby was a little awkward teenager who Kieran was too old to even notice without being a predator. Thankfully he didn't see her as a woman until she grew up. When he noticed her f
Jos
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars

OK, I really enjoy this author's work and although I liked it a lot, I didn't LOVE it. The writing was great, the storyline is where it fell short or rather the execution of the storyline. I guess I would have liked to see things played out a little differently BUT all in all, it really was very good. Only a couple of things "annoyed" me but not enough to dislike it at all.

One thing for sure, this author is one that I always have on my go-to list!

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, loved-it
This is a new to me author and I’m so happy to see she has more books so I can get lost into as this was a great read.

My heart broke for Gabby. She had so much darkness in her life that I was so hoping she would find some light. Gabby and Kieran was so hot together. Their sexy scenes were off the chart with sexiness.

This is a really well written story with a brilliant storyline. I found this book unputdownable, I just couldn’t get enough. The twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat.
Loo
J. C.  Red
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: boring, 1-star
Read this when it came out but forgot to post the review...

Maybe it’s me. I don’t know, I really don’t. But the dramatic writing, particularly in the heroine’s POV, did my head in.

She was just so meek and pathetic and maybe she had a good enough reason for being like this, but unfortunately the author took way too long to show us that part, so it’s kind of difficult to see her in any other light.

Sure, we were told she was abused and that she just had to keep being a meek little mouse with no li
Amber
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start with this review, except to say that no matter what Airicka Phoenix writes, it's always freaking epic. I love her Dark Romance books, although I have to wonder about her dark, twisted mind at times and where she comes up with this stuff. However, then Id have to wonder why I love it so much. I really hated the father in this story, there is a nice place in hell for people like him. Once I started Protector's Claim, I couldn't get enough of it. I needed more, each ...more
Maria11
I lost brain cells.....I had to stop
Outrageously bad
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Gahh! Starting an Airicka Phoenix book is the highlight of any day. And if it's a dark novel?! The icing on the cake! I love that her heroines are sassy and her alpha heroes always so hot and protective. Gabby and Kieran were panty melting hot. I swear no-one writes the hot sexytimes like this author as she always delivers on what her fans want! Kieran was growly and alphas to the core yet had a weakness for his girl. Gabby was his kryptonite and it was glorious watching this story unfold. Furth ...more
Julia
I can count on two hands how many books I've read this year that have truly left me speechless.
I count this books as one of them.

I loved EVERYTHING about this book. Everytime I thought the author was going in the standard direction, she changes it up and leaves me on the edge of my seat. She made me feel like I was right with the hero and heroine every step of the way. And both MC's were SMART for once. The love and devotion the H showed to the h was heart warming, and the heroine stood up for
Expresso
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is quite the emotional story! The cruelty of family NEVER cease to amaze me! Through absolutely NO fault of her own, Gabby is the black sheep in her family. Ermagawd! She is the strongest woman ever! Very few women could withstand the hell she experience.

Enters the alpha man of the hour, Kieran! He has a heart of gold but the exterior of ice. The plan for his life is as old as time. However, his destiny, the path that include a certain black sheep, is dangerous and perhaps deadly.

Whic
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Rating: 4.5/5

After having read other books by the author before, I can honestly say that her books just keep getting better and better than ever before. She knows how to deliver characters that will stay with you and never let go. Protector’s Claim is a story about second chances that will literally leave you wanting for more.

At the beginning of the story we get to meet Gabrielle Thornton, a college student who may have a respected last n
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
There are just books out there that draw you in from the start and this is one. This definitely was one of my top reads for this year as this author had me turning the pages from the get go. It’s got everything a book addict would love. Suspense, drama and a love affair that is off the charts! It’s sinful yet utterly perfect and delicious. Secrets that are dark and dirty, that would tantalise your taste buds in every flavour, this is what is served in this story.

About the characters and their c
Sangria
If your in the mood for some twists & turns w/ a touch of suspense & a lot of unrequited feelings.....

This is the book. There’s so much happening in this I find it hard to review without giving away any part of the plot. Let’s just say when we first meet Gabby were immediately thrown into a family dynamic that is anything but ideal, I was cringing right along with her. They definitely affected her psyche. I really was worried where this book was going & trying to understand it all...
Amber
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Protector’s Claim is a deliciously fantastic and twistedly beautiful masterpiece that will annihilate your heart while stripping your soul piece by piece. The mind-blowing complexity of the magnificent plot along with the incredible depth of the stunning characters left me absolutely breathless and wondrously shocked. I truly couldn’t get enough of this extraordinary story. It burrowed into my heart and seeped into every part of my soul the longer I stayed exploring and savoring every word and ...more
C. Erani Kole
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from the author*

This was just... wow. Definitely a book I haven't 5-star'd in a while. There was so much to love! The darkness of Gabby's life, the darker sex world that slowly got revealed, the chemistry between her and Kinkaid and Cain. Just WOW okay? I can't use much words to describe how I feel about this!

I totally cried when I wasn't getting turned on by their hot scenes, and it was even sweet at times! The writing was great, flow and to
Sammy- Just Let Me Read
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an emotionally compelling story this was. Protector's Claim by Airicka Phoenix further demonstrates why this author is one of my favorites. She does dark and dirty so well, and always manages to give her readers a fantastic story that is impossible to put down. Gabby and Kieran's story was full of angst, suspense, emotional highs and lows, and a beautiful love story.

Phoenix created a fiercely strong connection between Kieran and Gabby, and that was one of my favorite parts of the story. Bot
EpicRomanceReviews
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
(`*•.(`*•.★.•*).•*).•*(`*•.(`*•.★
⭐⭐ 4 ENTHRALLING STARS!⭐ ⭐
.•(.•*(.•*★`*•.)`*•.)`*•.(`*•.(`*•.★.

“I was claiming her. Claiming what belonged to me.”

I became addicted to Airicka Phoenix’s sumptuous romantic sagas after devouring BLOOD SCRIPT, her last Crime Lord standalone, so I was of course breathlessly anticipating reading PROTECTOR’S CLAIM! And wowza…she sure delivered a SIZZLING HOT, TANTALIZINGLY TWISTY book!

THE STORY:

Twenty-two-year old Gabrielle Thornton is a hard working college stude
Ann
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS
Joyffree
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a dark twisted romance that will have your heart racing and your fists clenching

Gabrielle is the illegitimate child - unwanted since birth - raised to believe that she is unworthy - nothing but a token figure to have pranced before the masses when it benefits the family name then quickly placed back within her box till she is needed again -that is her life her future, her life - until a small flicker of hope lights a fire in her heart - if she concedes the battle she will eventually win
Laura Lee
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Protector’s Claim
By: Airicka Phoenix
3.5 Stars

Having read Blood Script by Airicka Phoenix, I was super stoked to dive into this one. I loved Blood Script!!!

I really enjoyed the story line. I can totally get into the…
Black sheep of the uber rich family who has been treated like crap her whole life and what she does to survive type of story. The hidden secrets by family members. Gabriel has been a loner her whole life. Not by her choosing though. It’s tough seeing your brother and sister in the s
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: november
I enjoyed this story and the characters. The subject matter is dark, but the content of the book is pretty light. You empathize with the heroine of the story. She is downtrodden, but she has a strength within her that burns through and allows her to endure the castigations she receives from her family. The hero is judicious, determined but possesses a bit obscurity.

Gabrielle, an outcast, rejected by her own. Determined to get away and out from under an ominous arrangement she had no inclination
Louise
This totally captured me from the first page. I didn't want to put it down, although at times it had me so full of emotion that I had to step away for a few minutes. I also read late into the night to finish it.

Although a lot of the subject matter is quite dark we don't witness too much first hand. The edge of your seat suspense literally had my heart pounding at times.

Gabby was such a mix of quiet strength and determination, along with a heartbreaking vulnerability. This girls pain made me cry
Rosa
Oh my goodness!!! What a captivating story. This book had me hooked from the beginning to the end. Gabby's family was really bad news.
Oh my, oh my and Kieran, he was the prince on the white horse who came to save Gabby. He really did save her from her horrible family.

This story had a bit of a Cinderella feeling to it.

I highly reccomend this book.
Melissa Crump
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful, dark, daring, pushing the boundaries and limits while holding your captive with every page.

This was a fantastic read that had my heart pounding every second. Just when you think you know what happens, everything flips upside down and takes you for another ride.

One of my favorites.
MURIELLE ⚽️U Boyo
I haven’t read a book with character this vile since Devin from The Life of Anna. David was the devil’s best friend, if not the devil himself. I couldn’t ask for better fearless hero than Kieran Kincaid, he reminds of Emery from Dark Notes. the man was relentless in his quest to help Gabrielle.

The book was long ( at least to me it was) but the moment I read the first page I was willing to go on that crazy antsy journey with Gabrielle and Kieran. I love the paste at which the story flowed. I lov
Neisha † The Submissive Poet †
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Kieran + Gabby

A mistake from birth Gabby lived a tragic life: a drunk mother, careless brother, evil sister, and sadistic father and she is willing to sell the last piece of herself that she has left... until Kieran.

Under an alias Kieran bought her to save her and from then on everything he did was for her in order to nurture, love, and protect her. Giving her all the things she never had but craved.
NINORE
Well, kinda very unrealistic book for me. Storytelling was great, love author's other books, but this one... H was 35 and h's brother 30 and they were classmate and schoolmates? Moreover, you are mega rich and do not have a single bodyguard? live alone in the mansion with 20 somethings bathrooms? come on!
Maureen Nicholson
5 Stars!!

Loved this book! It clicked all me boxes on what makes a delicious story with great character’s, an intriguing plot, real sexy sex scenes that are very well written and balanced with the rest of the story, oh, and the writing is done well and engaging. I’m a happy gal right now and look forward to reading more from this author!
Jade Violet
This is the first time that I've read this author and it was a pleasure doing so. Protector's Claim is dark in it's themes and so dark in the main threatening forces but there is still a deep caring love story in the midst of it all between two people who are only looking for the light. The author adds mystery and suspense to it all in such a way that for the first time ever I wasn't sure whether I wanted to get to the next page or chapter. Well, I did and I didn't. I needed to know if Gabby cou ...more
Mette
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Airicka Phoenix has written a heartbreaking and agonizing story about having a family and not having one.
She made my heart silently weep as I turned the pages as quickly as my fingers could move.
Protector's Claim was a nerve-racking, tense, but also fantastic, beautiful love story.

Gabrielle Thornton is lost. She is struggling to keep her head above water and graduating college and get out of town, out of the country and far far away from her family and especially her father. You see, the thin
« previous 1 3 next »
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 826} Protector's Claim by Airicka Phoenix 2 109 Jan 03, 2018 06:28PM

• What Tomorrow May Bring
  • The Fall
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas: A Split Short Story
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Hers to Take (Loving Your Enemy, #1)
  • Crescendo
  • The Hunted
  • Gun Moll (Gun Moll, #1)
  • Shock Me (Shock Me, #1)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • Vicious Prince (Violent Kingdom, #2)
  • Sketch
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • Feyness (Red Order, #1)
  • The Struggle (The Things We Can't Change, #2)
  • Bleak Devotion
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
Airicka Phoenix is a multi genre author of dark contemporary & dangerous paranormal romance starring sassy female leads and sexy alpha heroes.

For more on Airicka, follow & join her on:

Follow Airicka on BOOKBUB

____________________________

Airicka's monthly newsletter contains writing updates and exclusive giveaways!

____________________________