Start by marking “Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #1 (of 5)” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #1 (of 5)

Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #1

(Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #1)

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi have been the peacekeepers of the galaxy…but now, at the dawn of the Clone Wars, they find themselves in a new role: generals in the Army of the Republic. As Mace Windu, one of the Jedi's greatest warriors, leads a small unit of Jedi into battle shortly after the war begins, the Jedi must make peace with their new role, or be lost ...more
Published August 30th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Start your review of Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #1 (of 5)
Siona St Mark
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars (haven't done that in a while lol).

The art in this was the worst part of the comic to be honest. The faces were just.... very odd to put it nicely. The dialogue was a little cheesy, but forgivable. I was really looking forward to this but I'm disappointed to be honest. I still have hopes that this will be good in the end.

Kit Fisto was the best part by far.
Kori ☾
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, comics
The best part about this was reading this with Samuel L Jackson's voice in my head. Nothing about this comic was amazing. Everything was just okay, from the plot to the artwork.
Mr. Cody
Awful art, this book has. An embarrassment, it is. Fired, their editors must be.
Don
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
They're scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Not in terms of characters, because Mace Windu in my opinion is a great character with tons of potential, but in terms of artists and authors. The comic art is crappy and the story is pretty weak. All the previous work on Mace Windu by previous authors is the only reason this story is any good at all.
R.C.
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Video review now available:

Wow it’s been awhile since I’ve said this but W O W that is some bad art. Like, there were times where characters looked almost right... and then the panel would show Yoda and 🤢🤢🤢.

As a part of Star Wars Month, I picked up this comic to learn more about Mace Windu and so far, the story is enjoyable. I like that he’s very on the fence about this war, especially since (as we know), this war virtually means nothing and is only really a means to
Steven Shinder
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Not really a fan of the art. I'm usually okay with depictions of Yoda, the puppet in TPM being the exception. But here he looks awful. And I do like that Mace feels conflicted about the Jedi going to war. But I could've done without one of the other Jedi being an all out fan of him. It broke the narrative immersion for me. And yet ANOTHER blind Jedi? Really?
Matthew Clanahan
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, starwarscanon
It's been a few months since Sydney and I finished watching The Clone Wars, and honestly it's just so good to be back in that era. I've been wanting to read this miniseries for quite a while, and I finally have all five issues in my possession.
Epichan
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Bu kadar kötü çizimler olmaz. Hiç editör bakmıyor mu bu çizimlere berbat. Adam yoda çizmiş hiç benzemiyor. Hikaye desen çok sıradan bir giriş. Disney güzelim evreni batırmaya devam ediyor. Serinin gerisi bakalım nasıl olacak ama ümitli değilim pek.
Robin
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Yoda est horrible dans ce volume. En revanche c'est agreable de revoir kit fisto et windu en action.
Joss
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
It feels good to back to The Clone Wars. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Daftfader
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic
Art is weak, especially made. The plot line feels like early clone wars episodes
Eduard Gafton
Read as part of Mace Windu (Jedi of the Republic)
brandon
Jenna
Jan 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Star Wars: Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn #1
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren #2 (of 4)
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren #3 (of 4)
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren #4 (of 4)
  • Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin
  • Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K-2SO
  • Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Annual #1
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Darth Maul #1
  • Star Wars Annual #3
  • Star Wars: Lando - Double Or Nothing #4 (of 5)
  • Star Wars, Vol. 2: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Jango Fett #1
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren #1 (of 4)

Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu (5 books)
  • Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #2 (of 5)
  • Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #3 (of 5)
  • Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #4 (of 5)
  • Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #5 (of 5)

News & Interviews