Start by marking “Across the Fourwinds (The Maidstone Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Across the Fourwinds (The Maidstone Chronicles Book 1)

Across the Fourwinds (The Maidstone Chronicles Book 1)

Is it possible to change the world for good without destroying your enemies?
Will and Morgan begin an epic, action-packed journey across a magical realm to find out.

"...a story of mystery and fantasy with memorable scenes and characters that will remain etched in the memories of readers." - Readers' Favorite

Will Owens is an orphaned teenager with a unique ability that has
Published August 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Across the Fourwinds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Across the Fourwinds

Shirley Revill
Thank you to the author and Goodreads for a copy of this book I really enjoyed the story.
Very well written and very hard to put down. I will be looking for more from this author.
Storytelling at it's best. Recommended.
Jodie Callen
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as part of a goodreads first reads giveaway.
First off I really enjoyed this book, in particular I liked the flow of the story, things weren't written in a convoluted way, events progressed organically and things that needed explaining were done so in a believable manner.
The way the characters were introduced and described left a lot to the individual readers imagination (expect for Morgan who you are repeatedly reminded that she is hot)
The way the two worlds (or the future)
Felicia Allen
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Total cliffhanger of an ending! I loved this story. It either takes place in the future or past or some parallel world. Will and Morgan end up falling into this other world. In order to get back to theirs, they have to stop the evil queen. This book was action packed, had love, and adventure. I loved the descriptions of the unique creatures and can't wait until the second one!
Cristina
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not my cup of tea. The plot was interesting enough, had good character development, and the story is very original. I usually enjoy fantasy stories like this but something about it just kept me from being drawn in. The author uses a lot of really strange metaphors and at times the story seems kind of forced (not sure how to explain this). There are some graphic descriptions of violence which I do NOT enjoy. Sad to say I just couldn't sit down with this book for long stretches of time so it becam ...more
Edward Lazellari
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book One of The Maidstone Chronicles, Across The Fourwinds, is a thoroughly enjoyable fantasy adventure in the same spirit of the Dragonlance books by Weiss and Hickman. Although the books are geared toward a young adult audience (PG rated story), there's enough here for adults of all ages to identify with.

There are four main characters in the story: Morgan, Will, Rowe, and Bremmer, and after a rocky start in the first few chapters (it was hard to believe Morgan would take to Will so quickly the
Shannon Rohrer
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
An intriguing portal fantasy.

Across the Fourwinds gives me Narnia vibes, only with the grown-up themes of fairly graphic violence that often run rampant in Adult Fantasy (such as what you find in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series--only less so).

The environmental details were lush, the characters were fleshed out fairly well, and the plot was engaging, beginning to end; so much so, that I hope to read the sequel, if/when it ever comes out.

I did have some minor complaints here a
Sara
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Across the Fourwinds is a very entertaining book that held my interest throughout. Whilst i would argue that it leans more toward a thriller, which is not usually my cup of tea, i think it was a cracking read.
There are some really interesting themes in the story that i feel the author explored well and i found the action sequences to be very engaging.

I did find there to be a tiny bit of pacing issues during the "real world" to "Fantasy world" transition but ultimately i really enjoyed this boo
Michelle C
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I would give this three stars. The plot was really interesting and I liked the characters a lot. Some parts were a little confusing with a plot jump or a characters line of thinking. By the end though I was really invested and I would definitely read a second installment!!
Georgia M. Phinney
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting

Hard to keep all the various beings straight - authors have a very vivid imagination and I felt confused at times
Alexandria
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received a free copy from a Goodreads giveaway. I was a bit confused at times. The story was entertaining and well written.
Melissa Cheresnick
Apr 14, 2018
Kathy
Mar 15, 2018
J.D. DeHart
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Likeable and engaging, Across the Fourwinds is entertaining fantasy. The authors pull us into the plot right away. Readers of the fantasy genre will find a welcome invitation to an alternative world.
Becca
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Across the Fourwinds
3.5-4/5

Let me start by saying that I absolutely love the cover. The colours and detail are fantastic.

I started this story expecting a fantasy, but instead I got was a supernatural thriller… at least, to start with. What a cracking thriller it is, though! I almost came to dread the point where it transitioned over to the fantasy genre, and unfortunately I was right to. The overall tone of the book seemed to change, the characters (even Will) seemed to accept everything so quic
Bob
May 24, 2018
Melinda Surbaugh
Feb 07, 2018
Sue Blanchard
Thankyou to NetGalley, BooksGoSocial, Shane Trusz and Darryl Frayne for the opportunity to read a copy of Across The Fourwinds in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
I enjoyed this book. I loved the central characters and thought the storyline was well written. It definitely was an intriguing read. Can't wait to read more.
Well worth a read for fans of the genre. 3.5 -4 stars.
Sarah Roper
Oct 05, 2017
Bookworm Heath
Feb 04, 2018
Lydia McMillan
rated it did not like it
May 09, 2018
Becca
Jul 21, 2018
Virgie Lane
Nov 07, 2017
Dj
Oct 03, 2017
Darryl Frayne
Oct 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shane Trusz
Oct 24, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Aj S
Alexandra
Judy
dawn rahe
Jan 22, 2018
For as long as I can remember, I've had the soul of a gypsy. Having lived in Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, and Haiti, I seem most comfortable when there's change brewing on the horizon.

My adventure into the world of writing began just as my life was coming to an end, or at least it seemed that way for a time. When I was 15, I was diagnosed with Recurrent Idiopathic Pericar