Start by marking “Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17)” as Want to Read:
Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17)

Ocean Light

(Psy-Changeling Trinity #2)

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh dives beneath the surface of her Psy-Changeling world into a story of passionate devotion and selfless love...

Security specialist Bowen Knight has come back from the dead. But there's a ticking time bomb in his head: a chip implanted to block telepathic interference that could fail at any moment--taking his brain along with it
Published June 12th 2018 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Ocean Light, please sign up.
Maria Bowen Knight is human, but he has been part of the series for a while now. There are mentions/meets/updates about some leopards, wolves and psy from…moreBowen Knight is human, but he has been part of the series for a while now. There are mentions/meets/updates about some leopards, wolves and psy from the series towards the end of the story. And of course since the book revolves around BlackSea we get to meet Miane Léveque and Malachai Rhys again.(less)
AlwaysV Before having met & loved Valentin, she was a 9.3 gradient pure telepath with an extremely violent Audio-tp sub-designation. In the end she had to…moreBefore having met & loved Valentin, she was a 9.3 gradient pure telepath with an extremely violent Audio-tp sub-designation. In the end she had to have an operation to disconnect the TP-Audio or died. (Yes! you need to reread! 😀) After the operation, her Tp had increased its strength by 2 points = 9.5 gradient. She was just a pure Tp now, no sub-designatiovn. (less)

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
4+ Solid Stars

Before we get started, I have a confession to make...

I wasn't all that excited about reading this book.

description

I know, I know, how dare I, and all that jazz.

As I've said before in other Psy-Changeling/Trinity reviews, such as THIS one and THIS one, I prefer my P-C/T books to be about, well, changelings.

description

Or really powerful Psy à la Kaleb Krycheck.

description

Because I'm just snobby and alpha-driven like that, homies.

description

Thus, when I found out that this book was about Bowen...

You know, we-thought-he-was-
Jilly
When you hit book #17 in a series, you really don't get to complain too much because you keep reading. So... you know, don't keep ordering the same meal and then complain that you don't like it, stupid! But, I do like a LOT of this series, it's just that there are so many Paranormal Romance Tropes that she includes in all of them that it drives me crazy.

Don't worry, they are deeply in love within 90 minutes of spending time together. And, no, for once I'm not exaggerating. Here, proof through qu
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Since listening to the audiobook of Silver Silence I've been obsessed with the Psy-Changeling world. I'm making my way through the first books in this series via audio and loving them. If you don't mind jumping in in the middle of a series - Silver Silence is a good place to start but you definitely want to read all of them because the other books just give you a deeper reading experience.

So...Ocean Light. My friends know how fascinated I am with the ocean. There is nothing more mysterious on th
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
Just Another Book Bitch's ALWAYS SPOILER FREE REVIEW

3.5 Stars

Assuming you've read Silver Silence you know what condition Bowan Knight was in last time we "saw" him. (if you haven't read it OH EM GEE! Do it, do it now!! I adored it!) life hanging by a thread ... his heart obliterated by the enemy. Sacrificing himself to save the life of a loved one (keeping it on the down-low in case you haven't read it yet but want to) In Ocean Light we pick up where we left off where Bo's life is concerned
Ira
4.25 stars!

Bo is the man!! ❤❤❤
But.... Kaleb still is the god though! 😘
Next, Malachai’s story please Nalini? 😁

I really like this story, the suspense and mystery was good, and the villain? I really didn’t see that coming, but I couldn’t give this 5 stars! Because I’m getting tired with this Consortium Bastards getting free pass for those awful crimes they’ve been doing without being punished. The ones who paid their crimes mostly just their minions! 😡

It has been too many books Nalini, is about tim
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, pnr

I have to admit that I love Nalini Singh's changelings more than her PSY. And every time she writes a story centered on changelings I'm going into DO NOT DISTURB MODE.

Ocean Light was fabulous. Not action packed, just character driven, slow burn, swoony, sweet, heart-achingly beautiful at times and all around awesome.

What I LOVED most about this book was the story between Bowen and Kaia.

Bowen has been a part of this series for a long time now. As a human, he was never big on my radar. I
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

A tale of underwater changelings and the human who volunteered to be their science experiment.

Bowan has been a character  I’ve had mixed feelings about in prior books of this Psy-Changeling Trinity series.  I didn’t get all of Bo’s motivations to put a dangerous experimental chip in his head that protects him from psy manipulation but is also killing him slowly as well.  Ocean Light digs into Bo’s head literally and we learn not only why th
Katy
I was really expecting more from this book. Maybe that was the problem. I loved Silver Silence so much and by comparison, this book was such a letdown. Was it terrible? Absolutely not. But it wasn't great either.

And dammit, I wanted great.

Plot: Bowen wakes up and finds himself under the care of water changelings as they attempt to prevent the chip which is supposed to protect his mind from Psy invasion from eventually killing him. Unfortunately, he only has a 5% chance of success. He meets Kai
Scholar
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AFTER READING:

SPOILERS AHEAD, BE WARNED!

This book was an enjoyable read for me. Before this book, I did not consider Bowen a great lead character material because I thought that he was boring. Nalini changed my mind.

Kaia Luna was an interesting heroine. At first, I was disappointed that we are not getting Malachai or Miane and instead we got a new character from BlackSea. When I was reading this book I did not mind at all that she is the heroine. Kaia was a brave and gentle character and she had
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The world has forgotten that humans are the bridge.

Ocean Light takes use into the BlackSea Changeling world and the Human Alliance where we see doubt, over coming the odds, betrayal, fears, and making new friendships. Those that have kept up with the Psy-Changeling world know that things are changing and all the races are trying to get along, but their is one group that doesn’t want to see things succeed.

Bowen Knight is a true Knight in all the right ways. He’s had a difficult past that has sh
Beth
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bowen is a human man who has forgone an experimental operation to keep the psys out of his head. This operation implanted a chip, a chip that will eventually kill him and unless someone figures out a way to save him, he is a dead man walking.

Kaia is an aquatic shifter, living in the science base at the bottom of the ocean. She has been hiding herself underwater after the tragic circumstance that surround her life. The last thing she needs to be is drawn to Bo, a man with an expiration date…but s
Grecia Robles
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, meeeh, paranormal
** 2.5 MEEEEH!! Stars **

Este es el libro 17 de la serie Psy/Cambiantes y tiene como protagonistas a Bo líder la Alianza Humana y Kaia una cambiante que pertenece al Clan Blacksea.

De inicio esta historia no me llamaba mucho la atención porque Bo no es uno de mis personajes favoritos y los cambiantes de agua se me hacen raros no veo muy viable una relación con ellos. Mi única motivación para seguir es que es un nuevo libro de la serie y nunca voy a decir que no, la nueva trama me tiene intrigad
Nalini Singh is one of the few authors who has never let me down, I preorder her books the second they pop up on amazon, devour them the minute I can get hold of them and I always know that I'm in for heartwarming romance, fantastic characters and wonderful world building. Her Psy-Changeling series is one of the best paranormal romance series out there and this new second phase of the series is proving that she's still at the top of her game. As much as I love the SnowDancer and DarkRiver packs ...more
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at SmexyBooks: http://smexybooks.com/2018/06/review-...

Favorite Quote: They might only have a fragment of an instant in time, but he’d make that fragment extraordinary.

Ocean Light is Bowen Knight’s story; the leader of the Human Alliance and one of the leaders in the Trinity Accord. Fans have been expecting his story, straddling the fence and withholding our forgiveness over his past deeds. Bowen had an experimental chip put in that blocks the Psy’s ability to manipulate human
MelissaB
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
** 3.5 Stars **

Honestly, I haven’t loved the last few books but this series is still one of my absolute favorites. This one was just okay, I felt like the entire middle of the book was kind of slow but the end got more exciting so I liked it more overall. I hope the next book is more exciting.
♥Rachel♥
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The last thing Bowen Knight, the head of the Human Alliance, remembers is being shot and falling into the water. Now awake he realizes he’s not dead but has been saved by the Black Sea clan and is deep below in their habitat in the sea. His life has been saved, but the chip that shields his mind from Psy attacks is degrading quickly. He only has a few weeks/months left to live if nothing is done. However, the Black Sea clan doctor has been working on an experimental compound to neutralize the th ...more
Mei
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
As I said in my progress, I might have been influenced by my love for the sea, but I found very intriguing the "new" changelings of Black Sea! :)

I was ineterested in them since they appeared and here we are given a little glimpse at them and their life and interactions.

Almost like Bowen was! LOL
As he himself says, how could a small woman change into a whale? Where does all that mass comes from? It's a kind of magic! ;-)

I was also curious how NS would fit a human, Bowen, into a much bigger and m
Glamdring
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Even though I'm a huge fan of this series, Silver Silence bored me beyond mesure so I was pretty afraid of picking this one. If it wasn't as bad as Silver Silence, it wasn't up to par with the rest of the series either.

Quite frankly, even though I love Bo and everything related to the sea-changelings and liked kaia enough, I found the first half boring. Nothing much happened. No tension, no nothing.

I don't know how to say this but it's a romance book, so of course Bo is going to survive the
RachelW (BamaGal)
Apr 20, 2018 added it
Shelves: arc
DNF at 24%. I'm bored; and had already started skimming through all the nothing happening. It's just not holding my interest. I will have to hear that this gets vastly more entertaining before I pick it up again.

Singh's "Guild Hunter" series is so much better, imo...
Viri
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Para mí, este libro es un NO rotundo. Si me preguntan después seguiré diciendo lo mismo. No pasa nada si te lo saltas. Porque no aporta nada a la trama principal.

No hay nada destacable además de la aparición de Kaleb y su papel en la resolución de la historia romántica.

Eso y una bonita cena son todo lo que me gustó en este libro.

La historia de amor es poco creíble y muy instalove, sus escenas juntos me dejaron indiferente y francamente... Nunca pude conciliar la imagen de un Bo sexy as hell qu
Kimberly
Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Ocean Light is pure delight! Life under the sea has not been this much fun since The Little Mermaid. Every time Nalini Singh invites readers into a new part of the Psy-Changeling world, I fall in love all over again.

Bowen Knight – the champion and effective leader of the Human Alliance – is living on borrowed time. The chip implanted in his brain to stop Psy attacks on his mind is failing and will more than likely take his brain down with it. His only shot at survival
Jen Davis
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book, which I hate to say because I am such a huge fan of Nalini Singh. But the degree of Insta love here was just insurmountable. It colored my ability to enjoy the first half of this story to such a degree that it made it difficult to connect to the characters or the romance for a very long time. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that with shifters, a mating instinct requires acceptance of a quick connection. But the hero here is human and he was the biggest off ...more
Nicole
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was in a bit of an emotional funk, and Singh pulled me right out of it. I love this series so much, and how it continues to be engaging and exciting and new and fresh blows my mind.

We get more details on the water shifters, and I loved everything about them. They are strong and resilient and a proud group of people. The world building that goes into creating this world is astounding, and the depth of details that Singh provides pulls you in and keeps you flipping pages u
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
And... she's back! Ms. Singh brings to us a fantastic second book in the spin-off series, Psy-Changeling Trinity. This is a book I devoured from the first to the last page. From the start to end, I'm riveted and read this book until the wee hours in the night. I loved this one so much because we are focusing on the water shifters and I love everything to do with water. Plus we get to learn more about Bowen Knight, the powerhouse from the human alliance.

To prevent psy from reading their minds, Bo
Angela
Nalini Singh is one of my go-to authors. I trust her to consistently take me on a journey that I adore. Ocean Light is no exception. This book has a more introspective and character-driven approach. Despite the ticking time-bomb in Bowen's head, and the incredibly present mystery to be solved.

I quite enjoyed this pace and having the time to get to know them both. Bo, despite being a somewhat regular character in the story, has never really been someone that I was too intrigued with. I should pro
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
It's been a while since we got a human MC in the Psy-Changeling world, and while they're usually not my favorite, Nalini Singh didn't disappoint with Ocean Light. Bowen and Kaia were wonderful together. I LOVED getting to know the water changelings more (and am hoping we get more books about them! *cough* Malachai and/or Miane).

Full review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Geri Reads
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Tautly plotted with dynamic characters and contains of the highest stakes—both romantic and plot-wise—in the series, Ocean Light will engage not just your mind but your heart as well.

'
“Love can alter the fabric of the universe.”

This book picks up not far from where the last book ended. Bowen Knight survived his assassination attempt but the chip in his br
Shari Kay
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
3.25 ✭ It was okay.

Dang...I'm a bit disappointed in this one.

I've always liked Bowen and was upset when it looked like he might be out of the picture. I was thrilled to find out he survived and was about to get his HEA. The trouble I had with OL was Bowen didn't feel like the previous Bowen to me...at least in the beginning. He felt very...BETA. Gasp!

Yeah, yeah, I know. There is nothing wrong with a man being less aggressive with a softer personality. Nothing at all. But, unless you're Archer,
Douglas Meeks
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well one of the reasons I don't write books (outside of that no talent and no imagination thing) is that I have no patience, I would have all bad guys dead by page 10 and wonder "where do I go from here". Fortunately Nalini Singh does not suffer from any of those afflictions and we have a story that manages to have drama, romance, loyalty and my favorite, violence all thrown together in a story to warm the heart while making the blood boil for those who suffer and takes us along on a pace that c ...more
Giedre
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
“He’s awake?”
“Yes, and thinks he’s a brain in a jar.”

Wouldn't it be a twist if a romance hero would be a brain in a jar...

Anyway, this is going to be short and sweet. I thought this one had a bit of a pacing problem. And, if I'm honest, Bo and Kaia weren't among my favorite couples. I loved the ever expanding world, though.

So, overall, it's an enjoyable addition to the new arc of the series, but I didn't like it nearly as much as the first Trinity book.
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Ocean Light [Jan 1, 2020] 1 6 Sep 23, 2018 05:11AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct ISBN & update page count 2 12 Jun 29, 2018 03:44PM
Nothing But Readi...: Singh, Nalini--Ocean Light informal Buddy Read starts June 16, 2018 5 159 Jun 26, 2018 06:10PM
Nalini Singh Fans: * Ocean Light (#2) 316 158 Jun 14, 2018 01:07PM
Oceans light release 1 7 Jun 12, 2018 03:50AM
SOS: Serious Over...: [Jul 2018] "Ocean Light" Discussion 1 15 May 19, 2018 02:21PM
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling Trinity (3 books)
  • Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
“My ego is dented,” he muttered.

“He came to you because his mate made him.” Kaia poked him in the chest. “You can have matching dented egos.”
5 likes
“It’s like a disease that crosses racial boundaries and is confined to the male sex—use towel, drop it.” 4 likes