Start by marking “The Dove” as Want to Read:

~ Five brothers, one family tragedy, untold heartache. ~

I am the missing piece.
The little girl lost.
The heartache that has haunted my family for over a decade—their greatest joy and their greatest pain.
Over the last ten years, I’ve lived in the memories of those I love the most, trapped in their tears, weaved into the fabric of their lives, wh
Published August 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Dove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dove

Nancy
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
BookAddict
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author isn’t kidding when she says do NOT read this book until you’ve read the others in the series. If you haven’t read them yet, start with The Executioner and read your way through. The Family Creed is a stunningly beautiful series, and your heart won’t be the same after having read it. If you want epic romance with unbreakable family ties that will move you like no other, this is the series for you.

This is Claire's story of the events surrounding her disappearance, and her st
Ga Books LoverX
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely heartbreaking. In this novella we get Claire's story and y'all it is as beautiful as it is heartbreaking. I am freaking tearing up just thinking about what I read in this short story. It gives us resolution and peace and a voice to a 15 year old girl that was taken away from her family too early.

ABSOLUTELY AN AMAZING SERIES!!!

I received this book and series for free but am honestly and voluntarily reviewing it!
KimberlyDawn
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Dove is the final book in the Family Creed series. It is imperative that you read the other books first. This is Claire's story. From previous books, we've known what happened to Claire. Now, we see it from her perspective. I cried, but was so thankful to be able to read Claire's story, to see what she went through, to know what she was feeling. This is a heartbreaking, emotional book. Have the tissues handy!!
Nina Derr
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was perfect in the fact that it tied up what happened to Claire. It was heartbreaking finding out what happened to Claire but the ending was just so sweet.
Beth
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
hope Shauna will change these book covers soon, it is a bit confusing to find the books ... just saying. thanks!! must read series. (I am rating each book separately, but I did read each of them all together, like in one seating, not in one day I don't mean that ...but I didn't review each book after I read each book, I am reviewing after I have read every book, I think the Rainmaker and The Executioner are my major faves. 2. The Prodigal, followed by The Dove and lastly The Gunman and The Silen ...more
Cynthia
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most emotional stories I have ever read. It is short and to the point giving you the information to the last days of her life but doesn’t go into graphic details, you know what happened but it is done with class and should not trigger anything. A touching and very emotional without seeing all she went through. If tears do not drop from your eyes they will be there on the edge. This is Clair’s story it is sad, touching and very emotional. I really wanted to go in and protect he ...more
Lynn Reynolds
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Claire Creed was the youngest sibling and only girl. Hers is a story of what not to do. She also had me thinking of a young girl, in my area of the country that could have been Claire. Her story puts a period to what the author has been building from the beginning of this series.

This book also builds on the anticipation that has been slowly building. The author lets you know at the beginning that there’s no HEA. If that’s the only reason for picking a boo
Jennifer Copeland
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dove by Shauna Allen is an emotional and fantastic book! I couldn’t put my kindle down! This is the 6th book in the Family Creed series. You have to read the 1st five books in the series.
The Dove by Shauna Allen tells what happen to Claire Creed and how she died that fateful day when she disappeared. It begins when Claire and Eden go swimming and then Eden goes home. Claire starts walking home when a truck just like her boyfriend’s Hunter stops and picks her up. Will Claire make it hom
Shelly Wygant
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The last book in the Family Creed series. It is a short novella but will tie up some loose ends. You do need to read the other books in the series first.

I was scared to read this book. First it was the ending to the Creed family and second I know it would be tough since it was about the disappearance of Claire. Ms. Allen did a great job of giving details but now too many details that is was dark. After reading I gave a sigh for Claire. It gave me closure. Beautiful story and ending t
Jennifer Pierson
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally, I wouldn't give any novella this short a perfect rating, but the fabulous Shauna Allen wrapped this series up with a painful yet, beautiful bow in The Dove. She has said all over it to not start here without reading in order, The Executioner (Book 1), The Rainmaker (Book 2), The Gunman (Book 3), The Prodigal (Book 4), and The Silencer (Book 5), so DO NOT! This is what happened to Claire from Claire's POV, and it's mean & heartbreaking, but beautiful in the end once you get past her ...more
Miriam Rivera
The final chapter!

I was impressed with this authors writing since the first book and now at the last book I can honestly say I've never read a more perfect book. This book helps us understand who Claire is and who she became after a monster took her from her family. I thought I was going to read a hard book but it wonderful, it's full of love and all the hopes and dreams as well as the peace she receives at the end. If you haven read this series you should I'm certain I will never read anything
Crystal Yawn
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

For 5 books we learn who Clare is as her disappearance unfolds. We learn how loved she is and how her 10 years of missing effected her family. In the Dove we learn what happened 10 years ago. It wraps up the Creed series by giving us all the answers. The Dove is a different style book that leaves you without a romance but with a different type of ending. It fulfills a missing part of the mystery. The story is very short and can be read in about 30 minutes to an hour.
HeartBreaker
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
This was very good and very short novella that explained and at the same time closed Claire's disappearance.
Told from Claire's POV,we finally get to see everything that happened to her that day.
Don't read this book unless you read the previous books in the series.
I wasn't prepared for this book and it was both beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 BEAUTIFUL DOVE STARS!! Wow, what a way to finish this fantastic page turning series. I loved learning Claire's side of the story. This one is a short emotional story, but beautifully written. You will need to read all the other books in this series before this book and fall in love with the Creeds. Shauna Allen has brought these characters to life, you will feel like they are family.
Linda Rimer-Como
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fitting end to an incredible series that was full of heartache, hope, strong family bonds and love that never dies. You laugh and cry as one family searches for answers to an unspeakable act. Loved this series as Claire is finally at peace!!
Jami
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great end to the series .

What an emotional journey. New to this author and so glad I found this series.
The story leading to this end with Claire was so full of emotion. A must read series .
Anna
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the conclusion of this heart wrenching family saga. And Claire's story in her own words. We find out exactly what horrors she faced. But I loved how it ends. Coming full circle and bringing tears to my eyes. This is one series I won't be forgetting anytime soon.
Terry Hammoutene
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
First if you didn't read the other books in this series you will have no idea what the meaning behind this book is.
It is a very short story that explains all the questions that come with reading the other books. It really closes the series out and leaves you satisfied
Marion Scutts
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well unfortunately this series has come to the end with this book. This is such a sad one but it is Claire's side of the story. It explains all that happened and more. All I can say is read this series, you will definitely not want to put the books down yet you dont want the series to end.
Ella
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading all of Claire's brothers stories, we get to see what happened. We know the pain the family went through we know the basic idea of what happened, but we learn the true story through the Claire.
Mary
A fitting end

This book is the emotional conclusion to the Creed series. Not traditional, but compelling.

Loved the entire series and this book was Claire's story.
Missy Brown
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a bittersweet ending.

We finally get Claire's story, and it is every bit as heartbreaking as you think. But it gives us closure to a wonderful heartfelt series.
Missisaunders
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dove

I am finally at the end of the series. What a ride. I’m shook. I was so torn up over the last two books. This is one series you have to read. I couldn’t stop.
LORRIE
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a heartbreaking and sad look at Claire's life. Thankfully she did have and know happiness.
The ending was beautiful.
Debbie Reitemeyer
rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2019
Tamika
Jan 17, 2018
Christy Jeffcoat
Mar 25, 2019
Lupe Murillo
rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2019
Bev
May 13, 2018
Shauna grew up an only child with two open and loving parents in Central Texas. She’s married to her high school sweetheart and is the mother to three fantastic children, including one she recently sent off to the Air Force.

When she’s not reading or writing, Shauna is a freelance editor and lover of all things Gerard Butler.

She also writes Contemporary YA under the pen name SC Montgom