Start by marking “Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots, #1)

Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  1,275 Ratings  ·  225 Reviews
Myla Rose McGraw may be twenty, single, and pregnant, but she's no damsel in distress. She doesn't need a man. After all, her Grams taught her a thing or two about making lemonade out of life's lemons.

Then she meets Cash Carson.

Reeling from a bad breakup, Cash has sworn off love. It led to nothing but pain and misery, and he’s determined to move forward alone.
Until a re
Published August 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Coming Up Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Up Roses

Alex ♈
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, strong-heroine
3.5 – 3.75 stars

"If there's one thing my Grams has taught me, it’s that from shit, flowers grow. So, y'all can sit back and watch me fucking blossom."

Thanks to my friend Leonor! Her great review prompted me to read this book.

Extremely good for a debut novel. Sweet, safe, touching.

I liked the heroine a lot. She had a backbone, loved it.
She was soft and sweet, but still strong and determined.

The hero was ok. His behavior at the end was weak and unfair, IMO. I know he was hurt in the past, but
Leonor
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe
3.75 ⭐
It was nice for a debut.

Hero is not a manwhore (view spoiler)

I liked the heroine (yes I know, SHOCKING). She was strong and sassy but she had her moments when she met the hero for the first time she went gaga over him but at least I didn't have to read how wet her panties were.

"If there's one thing my Grams has taught me, it's that from shit, flowers grow.
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
3 Debut stars

Let’s be real, I picked this book because of the cover. I go crazy over pregnant women in romance books. Is the cover slightly misleading? Yes. She’s not that pregnant in the book, but she does eventually get that pregnant. I wanted the big belly, but regardless she was pregnant in the book. Also, the cover kind of alludes to a dramatic book (it looks serious to me) but the book isn’t serious, it’s not humorous, just kind of tame.

Coming Up Roses is a typical book. There’s nothing s
Katerina
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
So at the beginning, the hero Cash learns his girlfriend cheated on him. His girlfriend of 7 years, who he has been living with for 3 and dreaming about raising kids with her. He learns that she's leaving him and getting married to the other man. He cries.

“I drop my head into my hands to hide the tears trailing down my cheeks. “Just go.”

I like heroes crying, but over the right woman. I'm not a fan of that emotional involvement to that extent with OW. Vulnerable heroes I like, yes but not crying
Hilaria Alexander
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my stars! I adored this southern romance! It's hard to believe this is a debut novel, because it's so well written.
The story was really sweet and I loved that Myla Rose could count on such an incredible group of supportive friends. Cash is a hero like no other, who doesn't run away and steps in to take responsibility. The only thing I wanted more of was a bit of a background on how Myla and Azalea were able to open up a salon at such a young age.
Kim Bailey
4.5 Stars

A fun, sweet, and sultry story.
Myla Rose is the kind of heroine that could have easily driven me nuts - she's young, somewhat naive, and way too optimistic at times - but instead of bothering me, those qualities actually endeared her to me.
LK Farlow has a clear, relaxed (real) storytelling style that swept me up & kept me reading (even when I was supposed to be working). A great debut - I look forward to more!
Joy Novel Thoughts
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coming Up Roses is such a sweet book and really well written from a debut author!

Both Cash and Myla Rose got the short end of the stick from their past relationships, quite honestly, I wanted to throat punch both of their exes... but they are fictional characters, so obviously I couldn't follow through. Cash's ex is cold hearted and Myla Rose's ex is a total douche.

"If there's one thing my Grams has taught me, it's that from s**t, flowers grow. So, y'all can sit back and watch me f*****g blossom
Shawn
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is a debut novel. I love the sweet southern style that LK writes.

She brings Cash and Rose to life. Not just them but there whole group if friends. There is just something about a country setting that draws me in.

Cash is an almost flawless guy who finds something so sweet because he wasn't looking. Rose is a tough cookie who is going to get things done regardless of the obstacles life has thrown as her. I mean after all that's what her Grams taught her.

I can't wait to see w
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
This was a good debut story. A sweet, southern, contemporary romance that I blew through in less than a day because it was quite the page turner.

Both Cash and Myla Rose drew me in with their sad starts. But as the story progressed and the two met and I saw more of their personalities and heart, I was hooked. Cash was the kind of guy stories are meant to be written about. He was so supportive of Myla Rose. Being there for her even in moments she didn't ask for and just being a good guy at his roo
Brandi
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, multi-pov, 2017, rrbbrt
There are some books that remind me that I have been a southerner my entire life. Born and raised in the South, I can't help but love these books that use the very sayings that I grew up hearing.

"Believe you me" had to be the one thing said in this book that I just couldn't get enough of. Seem silly? Probably. But when you haven't heard that little phrase in years, it feels a bit nostalgic. It's something my grandmother always said. "Believe you me."

Probably sounds silly if you aren't from the
Wife. Mom.
Writer of words.
Drinker of coffee.
More about L.K. Farlow...

Southern Roots (2 books)
  • An Uphill Battle (Southern Roots #2)