Start by marking “Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots, #1)

Coming Up Roses

(Southern Roots #1)

Myla Rose McGraw may be twenty, single, and pregnant, but she's no damsel in distress. She doesn't need a man. After all, her Grams taught her a thing or two about making lemonade out of life's lemons.

Then she meets Cash Carson.

Reeling from a bad breakup, Cash has sworn off love. It led to nothing but pain and misery, and he’s determined to move forward alone.
Until a
Published August 28th 2017

Start your review of Coming Up Roses (Southern Roots, #1)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
3.75 ⭐️
It was nice for a debut.

Hero is not a manwhore (view spoiler)

I liked the heroine (yes I know, SHOCKING). She was strong and sassy but she had her moments when she met the hero for the first time she went gaga over him but at least I didn't have to read how wet her panties were.

"If there's one thing my Grams has taught me, it's that from shit, flowers grow
Alex ♈
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, strong-heroine
3.5 – 3.75 stars

"If there's one thing my Grams has taught me, it’s that from shit, flowers grow. So, y'all can sit back and watch me fucking blossom."

Thanks to my friend Leonor! Her great review prompted me to read this book.

Extremely good for a debut novel. Sweet, safe, touching.

I liked the heroine a lot. She had a backbone, loved it.
She was soft and sweet, but still strong and determined.

The hero was ok. His behavior at the end was weak and unfair, IMO. I know he was hurt in the past, bu
Katerina
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
So at the beginning, the hero Cash learns his girlfriend cheated on him. His girlfriend of 7 years, who he has been living with for 3 and dreaming about raising kids with her. He learns that she's leaving him and getting married to the other man. He cries.

“I drop my head into my hands to hide the tears trailing down my cheeks. “Just go.”

I like heroes crying, but over the right woman. I'm not a fan of that emotional involvement to that extent with OW. Vulnerable heroes I like, yes but not crying
Kiki
I pretty much threw in the towel at page 298.

The antagonist pretty much summed it up for you:

“Yeah, so much of a man that he ran off, leaving her all alone, with me.” Turning my way, Taylor drops down to his haunches and grips my chin, forcing me to look at him. “Guess he’s just not that into you,”

If the antagonist was raping the heroine the H left her to be raped, as he has zero faith on her while he KNEW all she felt was contempt and fear for this little shit, and this is his third mess up.

Al
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
3 Debut stars

Let’s be real, I picked this book because of the cover. I go crazy over pregnant women in romance books. Is the cover slightly misleading? Yes. She’s not that pregnant in the book, but she does eventually get that pregnant. I wanted the big belly, but regardless she was pregnant in the book. Also, the cover kind of alludes to a dramatic book (it looks serious to me) but the book isn’t serious, it’s not humorous, just kind of tame.

Coming Up Roses is a typical book. There’s nothing s
Hilaria Alexander
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my stars! I adored this southern romance! It's hard to believe this is a debut novel, because it's so well written.
The story was really sweet and I loved that Myla Rose could count on such an incredible group of supportive friends. Cash is a hero like no other, who doesn't run away and steps in to take responsibility. The only thing I wanted more of was a bit of a background on how Myla and Azalea were able to open up a salon at such a young age.
Joy Novel Thoughts
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Coming Up Roses is such a sweet book and really well written from a debut author!

Both Cash and Myla Rose got the short end of the stick from their past relationships, quite honestly, I wanted to throat punch both of their exes... but they are fictional characters, so obviously I couldn't follow through. Cash's ex is cold hearted and Myla Rose's ex is a total douche.

"If there's one thing my Grams has taught me, it's that from s**t, flowers grow. So, y'all can sit back and watch me f*****g blossom
Coco.V
Aug 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/10/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Then she meets Cash Carson.

Until a redheaded Southern beauty crashes into him. With her shopping cart. At the local Piggl
Kim Bailey
4.5 Stars

A fun, sweet, and sultry story.
Myla Rose is the kind of heroine that could have easily driven me nuts - she's young, somewhat naive, and way too optimistic at times - but instead of bothering me, those qualities actually endeared her to me.
LK Farlow has a clear, relaxed (real) storytelling style that swept me up & kept me reading (even when I was supposed to be working). A great debut - I look forward to more!
Cyndi
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, ex-drama
I liked this! The characters were sweet and I liked the small town setting! The hero was smitten from the first time he saw Myla Rose. They were a very sweet couple!
Shawn
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is a debut novel. I love the sweet southern style that LK writes.

She brings Cash and Rose to life. Not just them but there whole group if friends. There is just something about a country setting that draws me in.

Cash is an almost flawless guy who finds something so sweet because he wasn't looking. Rose is a tough cookie who is going to get things done regardless of the obstacles life has thrown as her. I mean after all that's what her Grams taught her.

I can't wait to see w
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
This was a good debut story. A sweet, southern, contemporary romance that I blew through in less than a day because it was quite the page turner.

Both Cash and Myla Rose drew me in with their sad starts. But as the story progressed and the two met and I saw more of their personalities and heart, I was hooked. Cash was the kind of guy stories are meant to be written about. He was so supportive of Myla Rose. Being there for her even in moments she didn't ask for and just being a good guy at his roo
2OCC Reviews
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marie, jessica
Marie's Review
LK Farlow’s debut novel, Coming Up Roses, Southern Roots #1, is a small town romance that will have you looking for your next fix of sugar after finishing because it’s that sweet.

Myla Rose is a southern girl through and through. Abandoned by her Mother and brought up by her Grams, she takes life head on. So, when she finds herself pregnant by a truly conceited, entitled jerk, she does what she has to. She moves forward with the knowledge that she will be a single mother.

Cash has
Brandi
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, multi-pov, arc
There are some books that remind me that I have been a southerner my entire life. Born and raised in the South, I can't help but love these books that use the very sayings that I grew up hearing.

"Believe you me" had to be the one thing said in this book that I just couldn't get enough of. Seem silly? Probably. But when you haven't heard that little phrase in years, it feels a bit nostalgic. It's something my grandmother always said. "Believe you me."

Probably sounds silly if you aren't from the
Michelle
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars. Both Cash Carson and Myla Rose McGraw have been scorned in the past regarding love. So even though there's no doubt there are sparks between them (which felt very insta-love), neither of them are eager to jump on it and test it out. Myla is pregnant and getting ready for the baby, knowing that a guy isn't necessarily going to want to be in a relationship with her given that there's a child in the picture. I liked the overall premise of the book. But when it came to reading it, I rea ...more
Andrea Fleury
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read a book by this author. She's amazing. I couldn't put it down. Her books are very funny and with just the right amount of sassyness. And all that southern charm. What more do you want? Oh sexy men of course.. I plan on reading more of her books. She has become one of my favorite authors.
Vicki
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a really cute story about Myla Rose McGraw, "20, single, and pregnant." The story is set in Dogwood, Ohio, a small town where Myla and her best friend, Azalea Josephine Barnes, or AzzyJo, own a salon called Southern Roots. The salon is important to some of the pivotal scenes in the story and what takes place between Cash Carson and Myla.

I loved how supportive Myla's friends were, but the baby's daddy, Taylor Mills, was a jerk throughout the entire book and that's an understat
Lisa Book Stacks
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Roses

What a great southern take of love and family. Love all the girls name in the shop and Cash is a great hero. More please
Tiffany Readz
3.5 Stars-Call Me Shallow but...

I could not get over the fact that our leading man Cash, fell for a pregnant woman. Ugh, I know. I kept reading hoping to understand it more, but I just didn't.

Cash is reeling from a bad breakup and heading back home to nurse his wounds. He's a good guy that is at the age to finally settle down. Or at least that's what he thought before his heart was ripped out of his chest by his ex. Now he is confused about women and what his next move should be.

Like Cash, Myl
Brittany Johnson
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect small town romance! Loved Cash and Myla's chemistry and all his southern charm 😍 plus with all the other characters in this tight nit group of friends I hope they each get their own story. Thank you so much for the chance to read this amazing romance.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received an ARC from Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for an honest review...

Where to begin? That is the question I've been asking myself for several weeks since I finished reading this phenomenally captivating debut novel from the extraordinarily talented LK Farlow! I absolutely adored every single aspect of this sweet southern romance that gave me all the warm and fuzzies while reading it! I cannot believe that this
Mandy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a sucker for a pregnancy book, so this one captured my attention when I came across it. So, I dove in, not knowing what I'd get.

This was a good book. Well written, no glaring typos or anything. For a debut author, this is a good start. What would I like to see in the next book? I'd like to see a tighter, more concise book. Being that this book is set in the South and the author writes like WE speak, the prose can get longwinded. Farlow has the ability to express her characters well without
Michelle Cage
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good first book

I really enjoyed this book. The author had me not wanting to put it down. Cash what a dream guy. What his ex did to him was terrible but a love from a good woman can change everything. I loved the secondary characters as well. I am looking forward to more from this author.
Anna
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The family you choose sometimes means more than blood

I may be working my way backwards but I loved the story of Myla Rose & Cash. So sweet, tender, funny, touching, passionate. He comes to Dogwood thinking his heart's broken but he meets his true heart. Myla Rose feels like everyone leaves her. Cash is here to stay.
L.K. Farlow
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
IF YOU'D LIKE AN ALERT FOR WHEN COMING UP ROSES IS LIVE, SGN UP HERE: http://eepurl.com/cWHjqH NO SPAM, I PROMISE. <3 ...more
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Eh. Not sure about this one. It was ok. I finished it. But it wasn’t anything that blew me away. Oh well. You can’t love them all.
Richelle Robinson
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about this book from book friends and I’m happy to report this book was a hit for me. Especially since my last two books were just okay. So let's get the show on the road. I really loved how Myla was such a strong woman despite the crappy hand she has been dealt her whole life. She had a very positive, no crying over spilled milk, take charge attitude. Myla turned her situation around and I had a lot of respect for her while I read this story. We also have ...more
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Short and Sweet review***

Coming Up Roses is the first novel in the Southern Roots series. What a way to start a series and what a way for L.K. Farlow to start her writing career! I loved the way this novel flowed effortlessly.

Myla Rose is pregnant...with her douche of an ex's baby. When she first found out, she had dreams of white picket fences and the perfect family. Those dreams where quick to shatter when her baby daddy decided he wanted nothing to do with her baby.

Cash Carson just had his
Alaina
"If there's one thing my Grams has taught me, is that from shit, flowers grow. So, y'all can sit back and watch me fucking blossom."

I loved everything about this book. The main character, Myla Rose, was absofuckinglutely amazing. She was a strong independent woman and sassy as fuck. I loved her and I really liked how Cash swept her off her feet. Because Taylor is a complete douche bag and so is his mother.

Cash was the perfect southern gentleman. Him and Myla definitely deserved each other.
I lo
Jo-Anne
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Coming Up Roses is an unusual story where a young woman tells her boyfriend she's pregnant and he tells her he doesn't want her or the baby. Ok, not so unusual yet. She decided she would raise the baby on her own. She doesn't need a man. I liked how she was going to handle it herself. And she had lots of great friends who had her back. She doesn't want anything to do with the new man in town who is enamored with her and wants to help her any way he can.

This is a sweet romance with some spice and

• Doppelbanger
  • Take Two
  • I'm Yours
  • Fool Me Once
  • Wait for Me
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Make Me Yours
  • Everything I Never Wanted
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Liv (Signature Sweethearts #1)
  • Vivienne's Guilt
  • Unexpected Fight (Unexpected Arrivals #2)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • In This Life
Wife. Mom.
Writer of words.
Drinker of coffee.

Southern Roots (3 books)
  • An Uphill Battle (Southern Roots #2)
  • Weather the Storm (Southern Roots, #3)