Start by marking “Dead Man Talking (Happily Everlasting, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Man Talking (Happily Everlasting, #1)

Dead Man Talking

(Happily Everlasting World #1)

Welcome to Everlasting, Maine, where there's no such thing as normal.

ebook
Published October 10th 2017 by J&R Publishing

Start your review of Dead Man Talking (Happily Everlasting, #1)
Julie Mulhern
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love a book that makes me smile. Even better is one that makes me laugh. Sapphire and her house full of potty-trained cats did just that. Now this dog-person (decidedly) wants her own pride of attack cats (especially the coon cat).

Dead Man Talking is a sweet, light romance with a paranormal spin and plenty of humor. Zoe Parker is a likable heroine. Dane Stanton is a yummy hero. And the ghost, apparently destined to spend eternity in his boxer shorts, is a wonderful comic foil.

Natha
Phrynne
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 5000-books
Love the cover but found the book just okay. Don't mind me though, it gets amazingly good ratings from nearly everyone else!

There were things I really enjoyed like Cornelius the friendly ghost and those ten fantastic cats. The characters were all just fine too, although I found some of the dialogue a bit clunky and there was an awful lot of long winded explaining of events after they happened.

Cosy mysteries are not really my thing but I had hopes for this one set as it is in the magical town of
Melanie's
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Dead Man Talking is the first in a new series (Happily Everlasting) which is starting out with 4 books, by 4 different authors, all stand alone reads set in the same town. Jana DeLeon is a new to me author, that I discovered BECAUSE this series contains a book written by Kristen Painter, but having read this one, I will definitely be on the look out for more of her stories.

Everlasting is one of those places you read about, and immediately want to move to.  I am not sure I would want to live in t
Sally906
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
what an utterly FABULOUS start to a new series - I loved this story. Zoe and Dale had to work hard to get to the end of the story, and I want a Cornelius in my life.

Magic, cats and a crazy aunt in a perfectly normal setting. What more can I ask for in a story.

Have book 2 ready to go - and books 3 and 4 preordered.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a terrific book! I was instantly in love with with the town of Everlasting and the characters. I was thoroughly entertained, laughed out loud, and couldn’t put the book down. I hope there will be more in the future.

I received a copy of this book, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
JoAn
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dead Man Talking by Jana Deleon was a cute paranormal cozy set in Everlasting, Maine. The characters are likeable and Zoe's Aunt Sapphire steals the scenes. There's mystery, a ghost, and a touch of romance that kept me turning the pages.
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
This is my second book by Jana Deleon (you can read my review of Wrong Side of Forty here) so I knew I was in for a hilariously good time. Dead Man Talking didn't disappoint!

Heather
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I would give this book 3 1/2 stars. It really just did not hook me, did not hold my attention and I had trouble staying interested in it. I did enjoy Cornelius the ghost. He did provide for some comical parts. Zoe and Dane, it was interesting to see them interact to solve a mystery but other than that.... meh it didn't really work.
This is my opinion. I know everyone will not agree, give it a read especially if you enjoy cozy mysteries. I look forward to reading other books by this author.

I volu
Jan Janus
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC copy of this book for review, and here it is. This a great book to a 4 part series by different authors. A bit of magic and mystery with a twist of events that make you feel like you are part of the story. Characters are amazing and it never hurts to have a little bit of romance fall in between. Looking forward to the next book written in this Everlasting series.
Victoria
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first in a series of books that take place in a town called Everlasting. I really enjoyed this first story of a lighthouse, magic and mystery. Light, fun and romantic, we join Zoe who comes back to take care of her aunt only to find herself in the middle of a mystery that started a very long time ago. Loved the plot and characters. I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.
Nikki Brooks
Zoe left Everlasting (and her ex) in her rear view mirror. She wanted the big city, big career and nothing, not even her love for Dane, was getting in her way.

Fast forward a few years and the big career is only one promotion away but when her aunt Sapphire hurts herself in a fall, she finds herself back in Everlasting. She finds Dane doing the renovations to her aunts Lighthouse home and all those pesky feelings for him come rushing right back!

Add in a friendly ghost, Cornelius, in a weird sta
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, 2017, arcs, cozy
First read by this author. First in a series of four ( each book is by a different author )
The books in this series feature the magincal town of everlasting. Ghosts, shifters, witches...you'd better believe it.

Firstly...UNLEASH THE BEASTS!! 😂😂😂
I liked this funny sweet romance, there were moments of great comedy with lovely sparks of great romance.
Zoe and Dane were great ( slow burn second chance at love ) but for me aunt sapphire stole the show! She rawks!
Along with the overall suspense and m
Sandee
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful beginning to a new series. I enjoyed the characters and I loved the mystery. A good story about Everlasting and the people who populate it. The mystery has a good and surprising ending.
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my second book by Jana Deleon (you can read my review of Wrong Side of Forty here) so I knew I was in for a hilarious good time. Dead Man Talking didn't disappoint!

Meteorologist Zoe has come back to Everlasting, Maine to help out after her aunt Sapphire takes a spill and ends up in the hospital. Zoe spent a good portion of her life in Everlasting with her quirky aunt living with her many cats in the lighthouse. She wanted to make something of herself and has spent many years of long days
iliana G
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Meteorologist Zoe Parker put Everlasting in her rearview mirror as soon as she had her college degree in hand. But when Sapphire, her eccentric great-aunt, takes a tumble down the stairs in her lighthouse home, Zoe returns to the tiny fishing hamlet to look after her. Zoe has barely crossed the county line when strange things start happening with the weather, and she discovers Sapphire’s fall was no accident. Someone is searching the lighthouse but Sapphire has no idea what they’re looking for. ...more
Niken Widyastuti
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a mystery book, one that remind me of Agatha Christie kind of books. You know, heavy on the mystery, with little to none romance. So, if you pick the book with the premise of mystery story, then you’ll be satisfied. But if you hoped for a romance, you’ll be disappointed. Not that there’s no romance. It was there, but felt as a passing only.

The mystery story was great. Neat, full of twist and turn, kept me guessing and intrigued as many things I haven’t seen them coming. A really delight
Jillian Merritt
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
As will all my reviews there are no huge spoilers and no real story recap, I have pointed out a couple of things that happen/didn’t happen in the story to better explain. This is one of four books, all written by different authors, taking place in the town of Everlasting. I have read all four and there is no particular reading order and no hint that the other stories are going on in the same town. Each book is self-contained and can be read in any order.

This book is written in the third person w
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Dead Man Talking by Jana DeLeon

First in the Happily Everlasting Paranormal cozy mystery series by different authors.
This book introduces the town of Everlasting. It seems there is something slightly magical going on there.

Aunt Sapphire’s accident and stay in the hospital forced Zoe to come home after years away working on her career in LA. After reconnecting with her old boyfriend and hearing about the unusual situation of the accident, Zoe is sure something more is going on this sleepy little
Elisa
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different read from Jana Deleon and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I love the quirky town of Everlasting, the lighthouse setting was inspired especially with the renovations happening, the mystery was good but I guessed it really early on but that didn't take away from the story for me as I was excited to keep reading to see if I was right...lol
Sapphire is gorgeous and such an eccentric sweetheart, Dane is a truly understanding man with the patience of a saint and I love how he follows his
Caitlin Copp
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: december-2017
Zoe Parker is working in Los Angeles at a news station. She is desperately waiting for a meteorologist spot to open up when she receives a call that her great-aunt Sapphire has taken a tumble down the stairs of her lighthouse. Zoe flies back to Everlasting, Maine to help her aunt but when she arrives strange things start happening with the weather- hail storms and lightning. To make things even more complicated her ex-love, Dane is working on fixing up the lighthouse. Zoe and Dane, with the help ...more
Ann Brookens
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a good short story/ novella set in Kristen Painter's newly-created shared universe of Everlasting, Maine: a town with witches, shifters, ghosts and magic.

Zoe comes home from LA when her grandmother Sapphire ends up in the hospital with a concussion. Someone is trying to break into Sapphire's lighthouse; a ghost in a suit coat and boxers apparently lives there; Zoe's former flame is renovating it...and what is with the weird weather?

An enjoyable story, with interesting characters, in an u
Hsu Lee
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC - I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
Zoe was only going to stay in Everlasting until her great-aunt got better.
How was she to know that her great-aunt's accident was no accident ?
Now she has a mystery to solve before her great-aunt is discharged from the hospital.
On top of that, guess who is doing the renovation at the lighthouse.
Dane is who, Hottie Dane is the one doing the renovations.
Zoe still has feeling for Dane. Dane still has feeli
Lisa Guertin
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a huge mystery reader several years ago and books like Dead Man Talking are bringing me back to the genre. Zoe and Dane are a great couple and Sapphire is a delight to read. Quirky characters and a fun mystery make this a wonderful read.
Melissa
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jana Deleon did an amazing job with this story. This is one of four books in the series all written by different authors. I haven't had the privileged of reading her work before but I will be back. Zoe is a meteorologist who lives in LA. She's come back to Everlasting to help take care of her Aunt Sapphire who recently had a fall. She grew up here but had no intention of returning. Little does she know that her Aunt did not have an ordinary fall. There is a lot of intrigue and suspense with a hi ...more
Jo
Jan 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Zoe was so unlikable that I had to give this book a rare, for me, one star.
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: spirit, witch
Heavy on the mystery and light on the romance for my taste, but your mileage may vary.
Davida Holmes
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this story. On to the next book.
Selina Durio
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first installment in the Happily Everlasting Series, a series of four books written by four different authors. While I thoroughly enjoy series written in this style, I enjoy them more when each installment is overwhelmingly connected to the others. Having read two of the books so far, the arc between them is extremely limited, other than it being the same town and the cranberry festival. This was my first time reading this author and while her style was semi entertaining, I didn't en ...more
Holly
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. Clean.
Darla
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book can’t wait for the others in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #165 - Dead Man Talking 1 2 Oct 16, 2017 05:38AM

• Everybody Wants to Rune the World (Bewitchingly Ever After #2)
  • Don’t Stop Bewitching (Bewitchingly Ever After #1)
  • Do You Really Want to Haunt Me (Bewitchingly Ever After #3)
  • Better Haunts and Garden Gnomes ([Un]Lucky Valley, #1)
  • Any Witch Way But Goode ([Un]Lucky Valley, #2)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • New Witch on the Block (Midlife in Mosswood - Book 1)
  • Moody And The Beast (Shadowvale, #4)
  • War of the Noses: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (A Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 3)
  • Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes (Grimm Cove, #2)
  • Divorce, Divination and . . . Destiny? (Midlife Mayhem, #2)
  • Miss Frost Says I Do (Jayne Frost, #7)
  • Seeing Familiar Things (Roxie’s Midlife Adventures, #3)
  • Miss Frost Ices The Imp : A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost #2)
  • Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • Miss Frost Cracks A Caper (Jayne Frost, #4)
  • Miss Frost Saves The Sandman: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost, #3)
  • Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more

Happily Everlasting World (10 books)
  • Once Hunted, Twice Shy (The Happily Everlasting Series, #2)
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • Witchful Thinking (The Happily Everlasting Series, #4)
  • Total Eclipse of The Hunt (The Happily Everlasting Series, #5)
  • Curses and Cupcakes (The Happily Everlasting Series, #6)
  • Better Haunts and Garden Gnomes ([Un]Lucky Valley, #1)
  • Don’t Stop Bewitching (Bewitchingly Ever After #1)
  • An Everlasting Christmas (The Happily Everlasting Series, #7)
  • Everybody Wants to Rune the World (Bewitchingly Ever After #2)