Start by marking “Torn Avenger” as Want to Read:
Torn Avenger

Torn Avenger

A DARK VIKING ROMANCE

As the second son of a Viking earl, Alv Gunnulfsen wasn't meant to inherit a throne or avenge a murder. But when his brother is slain during a raid and their father dies of grief, Alv is expected to take command and claim the killer's death. In a world of ruthless retaliation and strict social codes, he must also maneuver cleverly to protect a troubles
Published September 20th 2017 by Writers in Crime

To ask other readers questions about Torn Avenger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn Avenger

Melissa
A complimentary copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was a very entertaining story and I really enjoyed it! 3.5 stars

And that cover, oh yeah - it got my attention real quick. It is perfect for this story and you should absolutely judge a book by its cover, lol. :-D

*Warning* There is on page description of rape which could be triggers for some.

The story starts with Roeland in his shop when he hears the sound of invaders in his village. His wife is heavily pregnan
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Before I start this review, I’d like to take a moment and drool over that cover. Wow! The story is still very entertaining. I like the push and pull between Alv and Roeland. The sex is hot and romantic. Overall, Torn Avenger is a good read with an interesting plot.

FULL REVIEW - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Truuss
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, m-m
Picture: Norway anno 1013
I loved it from the first line.

Roeland was working when he heard screaming and yelling and when he looked outside the Vikings were ravish all around. He has to save his pregnant wife and his sister.
When he finally finds his sister she is overpowered by a big figure who is between her legs.
He has to save her.

Alv lies in bed with his beautiful slave Hedin, when he hears a lot of commotion, a boat, his brother will finally be home from war.
He is back... but not in one piec
Georgiana
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, reviewed
“By Thor, yes!”

***This book may have Trigger Warnings for some people***

The beginning sucked me right in that I didn't even realize I was already on Chapter 4 when I decided I needed to began taking notes.

Roeland van Dijk and Alv Gunnulfsen are amazing characters.

Alv is the second son of Norse earl Gunnulf Haraldsen, so he's able to live how he wants. His older brother Joar is next in line and also the village champion. Life seems to be perfect for Alv until a war ship returns to deliver life a
AussieMum
Copy given for honest review

Let's face facts, the cover is f**king beautiful and a huge drawcard. But if I had to sum this book up in one word it would be...disappointing.

The book promises a dark Viking romance and just doesn't deliver. What we get instead is a short story with some decent world building, some peripheral action, almost no sex, and 2 MC that have absolutely no chemistry on the page. IMHO this book was just way too short for where the author wanted the story to go.

On the face
Doris O'Connor
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of Vikings and like your MM romance, then this is a must-read. Be warned it's labelled a dark romance for a reason. There's a fair amount of violence, grit, and tragedy, but then in Viking times, what do you expect?

From the first page, I was immersed in history, and I couldn't put this story down. Utterly gripping storytelling, and so very emotional. There were times where I couldn't see how this could possibly ever result in a happy outcome for the characters. Suffice to say th
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Gritty, dark and violent are just some of the ways I would describe the book. I was skeptical in the beginning because dark romance is not my genre of choice, but I’m glad I took a chance on this book. I do love a good M/M story but this is not your typical M/M book. Roeland is married to a woman and she is pregnant in the beginning of the book. He loves her dearly and is excited about their first pregnancy. Then everything changes when Vikings raid their village. Roeland is in charge
Marlene
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5* would have been 4 if the story were longer with the romance more developed.
A bit short so it felt rushed sometimes but the story is great.

Alv's life changed after his brother's death. He's thrown in a life he didn't want at all!
Roeland just wanted to save his family.
Both lost a lot! Everything is a mess but love can change everything.

I will definitely read more from Lea Bronsen
-Ebook won from The TBR Pile giveaway -
tammy rufo
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
love Alv and Roe, both strong characters trying to survive and do the right thing. it's not always easy. i love historical stories, especially vikings, they brutal and sexy! was very happy with this story and would love to read more. would def recommend Lea Bronsen.
Ann
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
|different to my usual read. This is well written and includes what I would expect from a tale of marauding vikings. Lots of blood, gore, raping and pillaging!
Love Africa Book Club
What a fantastic story. I worried about how to write this review to give this book its due justice and in this end I'm going to do a kind of analysis and I hope you see where I'm going with this.

First let me start by saying this story is marked as a dark Viking romance. In my opinion, dark romances are gritty and shocking, with heroes/heroines that push the boundaries of expectations in romance novels. With that in mind I would consider Torn Avenger to be on the mild end of the dark romance spec
Tanja
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 to 4 stars
I was very much looking forward to reading this story as the blurb was fantastic, but I must say I have some fixed feelings about this book. Not by the writing, though. That was fantastic, and I was captured by the story right from the start. It is gripping, full of tension, and I was anxiously waiting for what came next. The time setting was great. The harshness of living in those days was described perfectly.
I loved the characters as well. Alv is a sweet guy, who has to tread in
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I wanted to love this book - so, so badly. Because for one, let's be real here, the cover is stunning, and secondly, because the idea of combining Vikings with an MM romance absolutely intrigued me. Throw some gay for you into the mix and it became a must-read for me.

And it started off incredible. I was hooked... The story is gripping, emotional and intense – but what it lacked was the actual romance, or even the build-up of an emotional connection between both main characters.

The story starts w
Amy
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was not a fan of historical anything when I chose to read this, and I’m still not but this was well written and contained lots of factual (I’m guessing, seemed like it to me anyway) references to the time period. I liked the story and the characters, but I wanted a bit more depth. It wasn’t flat but I felt there was more detail in the description than personality in the characters. It was an interesting concept, interesting enough to get me to read historical, and I wish that we would have see ...more
Janis F
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret, I'm a big fan of Lea's writing and once again this is a five star for me.
What's not to love about sexy historical Vikings? Absolutely nothing. I love Lea's style of writing, her characters and the heat she infuses in her books.
Grab this one up, it's short, and will fill a cold afternoon very nicely.
Alexleo
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quite an interesting story in the midst of historical changes. Clash of cultures, struggle to be oneself, secrets and misunderstandings, family bonds and new unexpected relationships. Well written from both POVs, with strong side characters. It was the first book by this author for me and I will for sure keep an eye on future publications.
D.C.
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved how Lea stepped out of her comfort zone with this one. Being a huge fan of the Vikings TV show, I was all in when reading this one. I love the twist and turns, the heat, the believable emotions. I felt every single one of them as I read through this. Couldn't put it down!
Gina Burkart
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I don't even know what to say about this book other then. I love Lea writing and this would be the first book that I've read by her. I was amazed buy the story and just couldn't get enough of the book. It doesn't tell you of trigger warning.. but this is a must read book
Kavarr Bloodraven
Mar 31, 2019
Antonio Loza
Apr 07, 2019
Katherine Wyvern
Sep 23, 2017
Artemis147
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2017
Bekah Abreu
Jun 11, 2018
Hadis
Sep 22, 2017
Award-winning author Lea Bronsen likes her reads hot, fast, and edgy, and strives to give her own stories the same intensity. After a deep dive on the unforgiving world of gangsters with her debut novel Wild Hearted, she divides her writing time between the genres crime thriller, romantic suspense, and dark erotic romance.

She's signed with Evernight Publishing, Decadent Publishing, and Insatiable