Start by marking “The Social Experiment” as Want to Read:
The Social Experiment

The Social Experiment (The Social Experiment #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  424 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
ebook
Published September 27th 2017 by Addison Moore

To ask other readers questions about The Social Experiment, please sign up.

Victoria S. McElfresh Thank you so much, it was driving me crazy I had tried everything that I could think of, didn't come up with that in although now that you have told…moreThank you so much, it was driving me crazy I had tried everything that I could think of, didn't come up with that in although now that you have told me it's like duh, if it had been a snake it would have not me.(less)

Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Sweet story with a really smart mouthed heroine and sweet sexy hero.

But there was so much of this story that rang of high school drama. When a plot evolves around people evading the truth and lying, it makes for a predictable story.

All in all the hero should have come clean years ago. And as for the heroine believing the lie her brother told her? I couldn't for the life of me see how she could think the hero's girlfriend ended up with her brother without her brother somehow fucking up. Ya, you
Jasmine
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is the cheesiest shit I've ever read
Nook Books and More Blog
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: addison-moore
The more I read Addison's work the more I'm in love with the characters. They wrap an invisible cloak around your heart keeping you close to them long after the words bleed off the page.

It's light, fun, exotic, at heartfelt, yet full of spunk. It hilariously funny yet so real it makes you feel you're apart of the story -Nook Books and More Blog.

Wow what a crazy ride this story is! Braelyn and Paisley grew up in the foster care system and they left it together. They embark on different endevers i
Lydia Gaona
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Addison has done it again!! This book is so amazing and just swoon worthy. Addison has a way with her words that come out like rich, gold words. The storyline is phenomenal and the characters are amazing! I felt like I was in this book from beginning to end and I love it. This is a book where the characters are in college and there's this new expierment that's all the rage on campus. Sophie is a freshman who gave her heart away when she was a teen to her older brother's best friend Rowan. Leland ...more
Rosanna
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was, as usual, a fantastic read!! I really loved it! There is just something about a forbidden love story that I love!
The characters Sophie and Rowen are hilarious! Seriously laugh out loud funny and Sophie is super sarcastic and snippy!
Braden Sophie’s brother and Rowan have been best friends forever. Until a girl broke them up. Mindy, Rowan’s sister and Sophie’s best friend had to chose sides. She didn’t chose Sophie.
Now three years of not speaking to each other Sophie and Rowan find the
Lori
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I went into The Social Experiment pretty excited... here is this storyline that I haven't read before that includes my favorite trope - brother's best friend.... but with a twist.

The writing is flawless... in typical Addison Moore fashion it flows beautifully and has that perfect balance of inner thoughts and character conversation. The characters each have their own voice and the world build is amazing.

Sophie was a fun character. She's quirky and doesn't give two ducks about what peo
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this one. Kinda of weird dialogue between the characters, but it still worked for me. I can't wait to read the other books in this series!
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
This book.......Wow. Amazing.
I love Addison Moore's writing and she proved again what an amazing writer she is., I couldn't put the book down.
The book is like always very well written and the characters are so real.
The story is very captivating and filled with swoon worthy moments.
Can't wait for the second book.
Jackie
This story is billed as a romantic comedy and while agree there is funny banter between Rowan and Sophie here and there the rest is actually kind of sad at times due to the immaturity of the cast of characters. For the most part can honestly say I wanted to knock the main characters heads together more than once so they could get it together and end their feud.

I do enjoy Addison Moore as she takes the reader back to their own younger days and in my case makes me realize my early life experience
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡  I am

When I read the reasons for ending up in that experiment I already knew The Book and me were going to have a hard time with each other - and I was right.....

DNF @ 20%
Esra
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF at 60%
I'm sorry, I cannot handle the cheesiness and weird writing of the characters, they seem to be one way and turn out to have a completely different personality. It was very sweet and the story was very interesting but at this time, I don't care for it much. I might one day get back to it, but not now.
Coco.V
Dec 23, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/23/2017)! 💝
Melanie
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really did enjoy this fun, sexy and entertaining read. Addison Moore is such a wonderful storyteller and writer. Can't go wrong with one of her stories.
Heather
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I have to admit upfront that Addison is one of my favorite authors, so I may be biased, but this book was so much fun! I was addicted immediately and Sophie and Rowan are wonderful characters! Addison is the Queen of fabulous dialogue and laugh-out-loud witty banter. There's an equal amount of humor and "sexy times" and wow, neither will disappoint! I seriously laughed out loud all through the book! (And swooned over Rowan, of course!;)

I loved the premise of the story and would love t
Ruth McDonnell
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you--this book had me with the blurb! I really loved Rowen and Sophie! It really was told in such a great way. I was pulled through and read this in almost one sitting. Rowen is the quarterback with the nickname the Colossus, because he is the big ride. Every girl on campus wants him. Sophie knows him from childhood. He was her brother's best friend and her former best friend's brother. But a falling out between her brother and Rowen caused a massive divide between everyone. Then Dex ...more
Atlanta Whitlock
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book as soon as I read the blurb, it drew me right in and I was so excited about reading this book. Addison Moore did amazingly with this book and I seriously hope that there is another book that follows after this as I would LOVE to read more of Sophie and Rowen as I just fell in love with them both. I was hooked from moment one when reading and I seriously couldn’t wait to see what the outcome of this book would be. The only two things that I will say, is that Addison ...more
Annmarie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rom-com
The Social Experiment, was a six week experiment conducted by this guy Dexter. Not much was explained about the process or objective for this experiment. The number of participants was not even revealed. The other three groups were never discussed. The focus was only on Rowan and Sophie so I’m not sure what the ending results proved. There were many loopholes in this experiment. The objective of this experiment was unclear and the way it was executed was slow and arduous.

The theme contained som
Keri Hunter
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Katie Loidolt
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I barely finished this book. I was very excited about the idea because it was different but there were so many plot holes. I am normally able to ignore these but there were so many. All main characters constantly did or said things that were out of character for how they were described. The secret really isn't as big of a deal as it's made out to be, I expected something far more shocking. All drama was resolved so quickly that it was unrealistic and kind of disappointing. I think it took me 5 d ...more
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well once again Addison Moore has done it again! She creates the best new adult romance books ever! I swear I have a couple dozen book boyfriends just from Addison Moores books!

Sophie ...I love this character! She is a freshman at college who is just trying to complete college with a couple of friends. She doesn't expect to get involved with the social experiment on campus, but friends will get you to do just about anything. Including going back to round two of the social experiment after sharin
Sara
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!

Addison Moore brings another campus filled with snarky college students, because it's what she does best, after all! I love her brand of sassy, sarcastic heroines!

The Social Experiment is a new adult, brother's best friend/best friend's brother romance set at the fictional Leland College. The MCs, Rowan and Sophie, used to be friends until a girl came between Rowan and his best friend/Sophie's brother. These two have a whole library of history, so when their friendship blew apart, it a
Melissa
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to be honest - I went in thinking this was going to be one of those ridiculous, instalove smexy reads. It would be fun and done, but I was pleasantly surprised with where Addison took the story.

One of my favorite things about Addison's writing is you can see everything! She's so descriptive. The "Cherry Coke" hair and Autumnal visuals had me stepping into Leland University. The interplay between the roommates, Sophie, Violet and Ember had me thinking about my college roommates - I wan
Julie
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to introduce you to Sophie & Rowen. Sophie is a spunky young college student who loves her friends and family fiercely. Rowan is the handsome college hound harboring a secret. These childhood friends turned enemies are thrown back together after three years via unconventional means.

The goal of The Social Experiment is to “introduce” two strangers with the ultimate outcome of them falling in love. Sophie’s roommate signs her up without her knowledge and she balks at the concept
Lydia Gaona
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jules
I'm sorry but the "secret" of what happened was made into a way bigger deal than it was. And then after it tore apart the friendships and basically their entire lives of four people, in the end it just gets dropped and they all are bff again. If it's that big a deal, why is just immediately dropped. And how did the MC never question what happened. Like really it never entered her mind that maybe, just maybe her brother and the evil ex were cheating. Like even if they waited until after the break ...more
Maria Gonzalez L
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I got to read of this author and I think it was a great one to get to know her.

I really liked this book, it kept me interested from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading it.
The characters are great and you can connect with them easily, Sophie is really funny and sometimes she just got me rolling my eyes for the things she said, I liked her. Rowen is so nice and I liked him from the beginning.

Both of them used to be best friends until something happened that end up bre
Becky
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Addison Moore. I liked it quite a lot. I struggled with one significant plot device, which was the Social Experiment itself. The idea that someone can simply come to a campus and experiment with the students in this was is so far from the realities of the U.S. Law that I really struggled to see past it. (This says something about me of course...)

Other than that though it was funny and sweet and sad in places too. There was a plot, so it wasn't just hookups. It was a bit
Shayna Varadeaux
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again Addison Moore had me on the edge of my seat and in love with characters.
The fiery nature of Sophie and the cool sexiness of Rowen compliment each other so well. Add in friends and family with a juicy backstory and you get a well rounded read.
Snarky Sophie gets roped into a college social experiment by her beloved besties and it leads to more than she bargained for in a colossal way. Rowen is the forlorn jaded playboy footballer who is in the social experiment for team spirit.
A tweake
Bree
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was so cute!!! I know a lot of people are like it’s so cheesy!! To them I say who doesn’t like some cheese every once and a while?! It’s funny, light, and totally swoon worthy! I mean what more could you ask for? I loved this idea of a social experiment it’s so original like nothing I’ve read before! Which is exactly why I loved it. It’s so hard to find new ideas in romance novels but this one did. I thought the characters were easy to love and if you weren’t smiling the whol ...more
Amanda
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. Sophie is a smart mouthed college freshman and Rowan is a sexy quarterback and a senior at the same college. Rowan used to be Sophie's older brother's best friend and she's had a crush on him for most of her life. They both are talked into signing up for "The Social Experiment" and end up paired together.

I love how quirky and funny Sophie is. Some of the things she says are hilarious. Rowan can be just as funny and their interactions together are fun. I love the depth of t
Addison Moore is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who writes contemporary and paranormal romance. Previously she worked as a therapist on a locked psychiatric unit for nearly a decade. She resides on the West Coast with her husband, four wonderful children, and two dogs where she eats too much chocolate and stays up way too late. When she's not writing, she's reading.
More about Addison Moore

The Social Experiment (3 books)
  • Bitter Exes (The Social Experiment 2)
  • Chemical Attraction (The Social Experiment Book 3)

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Sunshine
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
  • The Last Move
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Turn, Right Direction (The Bourbon Street Boys, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Revealed to Him (Kerr Chronicles, #3)
  • I've Got Your Number
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Wild Swans
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Highland Surrender
  • Voyage of the Heart
  • Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
  • Even the Score
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner, #5)
  • 180 Seconds
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 8 Bodies is Enough (Body Movers, #8)
    $6.99 $2.49