Start by marking “Unmasked” as Want to Read:
Unmasked

Unmasked

Can a hotshot snowboarder de-ice the ice queen?

At twenty-six, Blake Tremblay is one of the oldest snowboarders in the game. His sights are set on the gold medal, and he knows it’s now or never.

Kelly Johnson has spent her entire life skating and winning. She’s had no time for friends or an active social life, earning her the nickname “Ice Queen” – in and out of the rink.
Published November 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Unmasked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unmasked

Start your review of Unmasked
Karen Mc
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

If there is one constant in reading for me it's the potent and pleasurable high, the giddy delight I get when meeting a new or new-to-me author’s words. That rush during that initial read is off-the-charts incredible! I just popped my Magan Vernon book cherry with Unmasked and it was one ENTICING EXPLOSION!

”In the Games, one mistake can cost you everything.”

From the very first page, Unmasked was my DRUG and I could not down this tale fast enough. Amusing. Arousing. Angst-filled. Addicting. I
Brandi
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm all for a sweet love story with a strong male and a strong female. Throw in snowboarding and ice skating and you have my attention.

So, what could go wrong?
Well, a bet, for one. Have we learned nothing from movies? We don't need the "She's All That" moment. No more taking the outcast and turning her into a beauty. Because these are obviously beautiful women to begin with. Beautiful women who have other things to focus on than their outward appearances--whether that is physical beauty or
Magan Vernon
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: arcs
Boundless Book Reviews
Unmasked is a sweet and steamy story of two unlikely people coming together.

Kelly and Blake are Olympic athletes ready to compete in the games. But of course Blake’s teammates have to make a bet and good ol' Blake can’t get out of it. But it’s going to take a turn that both of them weren’t expecting.

Even though, I feel that this idea has been used before. And I pretty much knew where the story was going to go. I loved it. It had such heart and you couldn’t help but fall for this couple. Kelly
Under the Covers Book Blog
I've never read this author before but I saw this book recommended by a friend on social media and I'm always on the lookout for good wintery romances. I mean, considering that it's still snowing around where I am sometimes it felt like I could still read this now.

This takes place at the Winter Olympics and both main characters are athletes competing. Our heroine, Kelly, also known as the Ice Queen because of her icy demeanor, is a Canadian doubles ice skater. The hero, Blake, is a US
Sara Oxton
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unmasked by Magan Vernon a five-star read that will pull the mask away. This is my favourite Megan Vernon read, I have liked this author for a while and really enjoyed some of her work, but I will be honest and admit I haven’t like it all. So, I didn’t know what to expect with this one, and it blew me away. Blake Tremblay is a man who I would like to pin a medal on, bot sure what medal it would be yet, but a medal none the less. The games he plays may get mixed up and will he realise when the ...more
Lissa Rice
**Five Boundless Stars** Full Review and Rating will be up on Boundless Book Reviews
Jody
After a week of unrelenting stress it was with great joy that I picked up Ms. Vernon’s sports-fueled romance. From the moment these two opposites meet under the shadow of a bet, their crackling connection captivated me and had me rooting for them with every turn of the page. By the time I reached the end the grin on my face was unrelenting and I felt energized by the delightful couple whose hard-fought HEA reminded me of why I read romance books!

Blake Tremblay’s a wild man on the slopes. From
Anna Laura
If I weren’t so fed up with all the sport related mistakes, nevermind the grammar mistakes, I might have enjoyed this book. As it is, I just kept being annoyed.

First off, hockey consists of three periods. Not quarters. That’s football.

Second, there’s no qualification in pair figure skating at the Olympics. Only short skate and free skate, plus team events.

Third, the snowboarding. Someone competing in PARALLEL SLALOM events does not do flips, or spins, or grips or any of that stuff. They board
Christie72
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: friendship, sexy, sweet
Great sports romance! I have been a fan of Magan’s since I read her Friendship, Texas novels. She always writes a great story along with great characters, and Unmasked is no different!

Blake is in Korea for The Games, hoping for a gold in snowboarding. He is one of the oldest, and he knows this may be his last chance. Kelly is a pair’s figure skater also there for her chance at the gold. Blake is a bit of a player who knows how to have fun. Kelly has no life outside of skating. Blake and Kelly
Sara
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unmasked was the first book that I've read by Magan Vernon and I loved every word of it!

This was the story of Kate and Blake who are both competing at the Winter Olympics in Korea. Kate is an American pairs figure skater and Blake is a Canadian snowboarder.

First, I loved reading about more than one sport at a time and with the background atmosphere of the Winter Olympics. I haven't read anything like that before and I really enjoyed it.

Blake is a carefree snowboarder who has blonde dreadlocks
Dayang
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read most of Magan Vernon's books. The Only Exception was unforgettable, and one of my fave New Adult books todate... So I was so over-the-moon thrilled to receive this ARC.

The storyline isnt something new. I've seen movies and read books where one of the protagonist makes a bet and ends up really falling for the other...

This is definitely a story that caters to a much younger crowd. Dont get me wrong, I loved it. Who doesnt love YA or New Adult? I'm a romantic sap, of course I'd love
Christi
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Blake Tremblay is one of the oldest snowboarders in the game and a bit of a playboy to boot. His sights are set on the gold medal and definitely not a relationship.

Kelly Johnson has no time for friends or an active social life. The “Ice Queen” has one goal....Gold.

With a bet on the line, can the cool Canadian win over the uptight American? Settle in for well written story about going hfor gold and winning someone's heart.

Blake and Kelly were cute together but I will say the blurb had me
Juliana Ignácio
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magan Vernon again presents us with a great story. I loved Blake and Kelly from the start.
Blake lives his life to the fullest, and kind of in the shadow of his famous parents, wanting to prove his worth too. And Kelly, to protect herself and achieve her goals, ends up creating a wall that doesn't let people get too close to her.
When the two meet, the chemistry is undeniable, but when Kelly learns the reason for Blake's approach, things get tense.
This is a great story, with very interesting
Rachael
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unmasked is an awesome and quirky story with some driven and passionate athletes. Blake and Kelly's chemistry is sizzling and keeps coming back for more. If your looking for a good sports romance this is the book for you!
Andrea
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5 Stars.
Cute. It definitely got me in the Olympic spirit
Andi
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great read for this series. Love the snowboarding & ice skater theme. These characters were wonderful & the story drew me in & didn’t disappoint.
Smonro
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
He’s a stupid immature
Lacie Romano
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really drawn into the characters and how it would work out. Kept my interest and had some pretty funny moments.
Carol
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grammar mistakes / grammatical mistakes need to be corrected.
The Book Lover
Kathleen Nguyen
Nov 10, 2017
Aly
Nov 13, 2017

• Riding Hard (Bennett Boys Ranch, #2)
  • I Wanna Text You Up
  • The Fortunate Ones
  • Love, Hannah (The Austen Series, #3)
  • The Coaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #4)
  • The Other Brother (Binghamton, #4)
  • Spider
  • xo, Zach
  • Over Us, Over You
  • The Upside to Being Single
  • Man Hands (Man Hands, #1)
  • Drumline
  • Rebel Heart
  • Cocky Roommate (Book Boyfriends, #2)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • The Bombshell Effect (Washington Wolves, #1)
  • Cruel Sanctuary (Wages of Sin #1)
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link: