Start by marking “Hedging His Bets (Brits in Manhattan)” as Want to Read:
Hedging His Bets (Brits in Manhattan)

Hedging His Bets

(Brits in Manhattan #3)

A high-flying investor
New Yorker Jake Harrington loves a lot of things about living in London. His lucrative hedge fund job. The way British women melt at the sound of an American accent. His just-sex arrangement with his gorgeous roommate, Jess. And, oh yes, being thousands of miles away from the girl who betrayed him.

His sexy British flatmate
Jess’s dea
Kindle Edition
Published May 22nd 2018 by Lyrical Caress

To ask other readers questions about Hedging His Bets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hedging His Bets

Start your review of Hedging His Bets (Brits in Manhattan)
Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 3/5 | Heroine 3/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 2/5 | Writing Style 2/5 | Steam 3/5 | Romance 3/5 | Angst-Suspense 2/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 2/5 | Secondary Characters 3/5 | Drama-Conflict 2/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 2/5 | Pace Steady | Action 0/5

ARC kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Dísir
I had a bad feeling about this in the opening pages, when I couldn't seem to get past the whole sleazy arrangement between Jess and Jake. First it confused me, then the smugness that was there in Jake's POV threw me off.

Needless to say, I stopped reading when everything rubbed me the wrong way. Not the book for me, sadly.

*ARC by the publisher via Netgalley
Terri
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.com...

I Had received an advance copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Unfortunately I am really behind and I am just getting this posted now.

I have been a fan of this series since the first book. I would not recommend reading it as a stand alone as the characters from the previous story are all present in this one and it could get confusing. Not a big deal, start at the beginning and read the
Jeannie Zelos
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hedging His Bets,  Laura Carter

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance

My first Laura Carter read. I enjoyed her writing style, characters that felt real, that I could believe in but...I didn't Love this story. Liked it but there were a few things that just seemed weird to me. One time early in the book Jake and Jess are laughing about when Jake bought Emily a toilet roll as a present as – in her words - “there were a few times I sh it the bed” WTF
Lauren
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was hands down my all time fave from the entire series! Don’t get me wrong, they’re all fantastic five star reads but there’s just something about Jake and Jess’s story that still, days after reading brings a huge a smile to my face.
Jess is scared to let herself love and as much as I screamed ‘why?’ at my kindle in a few places, it was somewhat refreshing to read a story where love didn’t immediately fix everything. She had to face it head on and this made it so much more real. Of course i
Sara Oxton
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hedging his Bets by Laura Carter a five-star read that gives great odds. This is the third book in the Brits in Manhattan series, but each book is a stand-alone and really can be read on its own. This time it’s the turn of New Yorker living in London Jake Harrington and his sexy British flatmate Jess who he has an arrangement with as neither want commitment, in fact the opposite could be said of both as they are each running from a past neither want to face. One week in the Hamptons will change ...more
Bette Hansen
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent read. While I found Jake and Jess's "arrangement" a bit bizarre - to each their own I guess. Roommates and sex buddies seems to work for them - until it doesn't. Things change when Jake convinces Jess to accompany him on a trip home where he will be forced to confront the past he went to England to get away from. This time together stirs up some unplanned feelings between the two. Feelings that could change their whole relationship.

I would recommend this one.
Steph
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Elvis shaped stars for HEDGING HIS BETS!

Jake Harrington loves his life in London. The New York accent and high paying job make him irresistible to the ladies, and his NSA arrangement with his roommate Jess is perfect. No commitments, no promises, no problem, right? When the two travel to New York though, that's where things get complicated, and their just-sex relationship morphs into something more. Jake thought he was irrevocably damaged by his past relationship with Emily, but now that he's reconnect
Angel Hatfield
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jake - sixteen years ago- Jake is waiting for Emily/Ems after school is out as usual. Jake plays football. Jake is ten and Emily is eight. Jake walks home Emily every day after school to make sure she gets home safely. Tommy is a bully and wants to pick a fight with Jake as he is the popular kid at school. Emily was running and ran into Tommy and he pushed her down and Jake finally fights Tommy and he doesn’t bother either of them anymore. Jake at present time- Jake is at a bar in Cornwall havin ...more
Layla Sian Rathbone
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hedging His Bets is the third and final instalment in the amazing Brits in Manhattan series by the fabulous Laura Carter and follows Jake and Jess on their journey to happiness.

WOW. Where do I begin? There’s so much love in this book!!! I fell completely in love with these two and have to say this is my favourite of the 3!

Hedging His Bets focuses on best friends and flat mates Jake and Jess. Both have suffered heartache, albeit for very different reasons, and have both vowed to neve
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
Coming soon to infatuated. Now on GTR:

Read the full review, with interactive and adorable quotable quotes from the book, at GraveTells Romance: http://bit.ly/GT-HedgingHisBets_gr (live on May 28, 2018)

The start of this book kept surprising me, in the best ways. When it started out with a flashback scene between a young boy and girl, I thought surely this was the book's couple, their origin story. But then we flash ahead sixteen years and meet a very cocky and confident ad
Claire Cronin
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in Laura's Brits in Manhattan series, and I must say this one I loved, the best of the series for me.

Jake is living in London after a suffering from a massive broken heart, a situation that wasn't closed and one he couldn't face and ended up running to London to get away from. Jess is his room mate, a wonderful free spirit having traveled the world as a child after suffering a huge loss in her life. She has never settled in any place for long, being in London wit
Caroline F
Totally loved this book!

"There's never a question of whether one of us wants more. She's emotionally scarred and I'm too sensible to be burned by a woman again."

Jake and Jess are flatmates, best mates, and friends-with-sexy-benefits. They understand the rules and, so far, it's a fantastic arrangement. They adore each other, have the most awesome chemistry, and are in no danger of losing their hearts to one another.

"Right now, I'm damn confused about where friendship stops and exclusive relat
LJT
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Hedging His Bets by Laura Carter grabs you right from the beginning and its meaningful plot never loses momentum. The two primary characters, eclectic fashion designer Jessica Walters, and hedge fund investor Jake Harrington, have undeniable chemistry, and their road to forever is replete with friendship, desire and love. This is the third and final book from Ms. Carter's Brits in Manhattan trilogy, and it can be enjoyed as a standalone.

When Jess decided to stay
Louise Roach
Ah I have loved the Brits in Manhattan series from Laura Carter, and I have to say Jake and Jess' story in 'Hedging His Bets' was lovely!

When it started off I was a little unsure of Jess and Jakes arrangement and the whole 'friends with benefits' thing, as often the stories can be too predictable. But this story wasn't at all. Neither Jess nor Jake are in the right frame of mind for a relationship, so what they have works for them both.

Jess had a very emotional and complex upbringing, travelli
Katy Kitchin
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Jake. This is most definitely Carter’s best yet, a hot, heartfelt, hilarious, journey of love, hope and trust. The exploration of family, culture and leaps of faith weaves a beautiful, colourful tapestry from an expert storyteller, and it gripped me from start to finish.

Jess is just the absolute coolest! I want to be that cool when I grow up, she’s Staci Hart levels of cool, ultimate coolness that us mere mortals can only be in awe of. My heart broke for her so much, she’s such
Bibliophile  Chloe
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brits in Manhattan Series

This is the second novel I have read in this series, I am not sure if there is a particular order because each one can truly be read as a stand alone!

This is the story of Jake and Jess, roommates, best friends and eventually best friends with benefits.  But there are rules to these benefits.

Jess has had an sad but interesting childhood, a true traveler in every sense of the word.  She has grown into a beautiful soul, quirky but fun and
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
I've only read book 2 in this series, each can be read as a standalone. I have to say I enjoyed this book so much more then book 2. Jake and Jess just jumped out to me from page 1 and I couldn't get enough of their story.
There were a few times that I wanted to bang their heads together, but only because they both couldn't see how perfect they were for each other.
The whole story was fun and easy to read. I did have tears in my eyes at a few points when Jess was talking about her parents. I
Deborah
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hedging His Bets is book three in the Brits in Manhattan series. Although part of a series, it definitely can be read as a standalone.

This is a typical friends with benefits to much more story. Jess and Jake have a great best friend friendship. That turned to a friends with benefits one evening after feeling frisky, they decided to try it out. It works for them, for the most part, until it didn't. Neither wanted a romantic relationship, but low and behold, that's exactly what they we
Louise van roekel
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first Laura Carter book, thanks to a copy received through Netgalley. It will not be my last. Overall I enjoyed this story. The characters felt real and there was lots of banter and humor in the story. Jake was a real sweetheart and although Jess had a tragic youth and emotional problems, she still was a likeable character. I loved Jess's parts and the stories about her travels. It explained a lot about her character. The only confusing thing in the story was Jake's relationship with ...more
Kerry Harper
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and captivating friends to romance story

Hedging his bets is the third standalone in the Brits in Manhattan series. As much as I have loved every single one of them, this stole just a little more of my heart.

This is the story of Jess and Jake, two friends with completely different backgrounds. Both have histories that lead them to protecting their hearts and avoiding relationships. The characters have an instant connection and develop a strong friendship.

Be
Pauline Cassie
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This, the third in the Brits in Manhattan series, is the first work by this author that I've read.

Although part of a series, it can be read as a standalone as the books that have come before seem to have no direct impact on Hedging His Bets.

As a friends, to friends with benefits, to lovers story, this novel has amazing characters who have the most beautiful friendship. When that friendship seems to change overnight, it's no wonder it leaves Jess struggling to come to terms with just
Tracy
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in the Brits in Manhattan series by Laura Carter. Although it is part of a series/ trilogy, these books could easily be read as standalones and you will not miss out. I'm a huge fan of this authors writing and again it didn't disappoint. This is Jake's story and he is quite happy going along with a certain situation but when did that situation turn into something else? Both characters had their own issues to work through but it was kinda frustrating waiting for them both t ...more
Sarah Dale
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in this Brits in Manhattan. Laura Carter has written page turning read that will make you cry and make you smile. Its a great friends to lovers story of Jesse and Jake.

This time its the New Yorker, Jake Harrington, living in London with his British flatmate Jess. They have a no commitment arrangement. They both have fears from their pasts they aren't willing to face. One week in the Hamptons turns their worlds upside down and changes everything.

It was great t
Cat
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in a series, but my first by Laura Carter, it didn't make a difference that it was a 3rd book because I happily read this book with ease. To be truthful I really loved and enjoyed it.
Jake and Jess captured my heart, best friends and Flatmates, they are a perfect couple, they know basically all there is to know about one another. But they just don't realise how good they are for one another, opting instead for a friends with benefits type of relationship.
They both have
Mrs F
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book totally sucked me in – it'll do that to you too – trust me!!

Hedging His Bets is the third book of the Brits in Manhattan series. Each are standalones so it isn't necessary to read the others before you read this one. (Although the others are pretty spectacular, lol)!!

Jake and Jess are roommates. They're also best friends – oh, and friends with benefits when alcohol gets the better of them! Neither of them want anything more – well, that's what they think anyway!
Jordan
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laura carter is such an amazing author; I always know I’ll have an enjoyable read. After reading the first two stories in the brits in Manhattan series - Balancing the scales and playing to win, I was pleased to hear that Jake was getting his own story aswell.
Going in I was a bit apprehensive when I realised the sort of relationship that Jake and Jess have, but I should have known that Laura wouldn’t let me down!! Everything was how it should be and come together just right.
It was gr
poppy
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the series and I enjoyed it just as much if not better than the previous two. Jake and Jess were fantastic characters and I just loved the banter between them both are a little bit broken and not looking to risk their hearts but have no problems with a roommate/best friends with benefits arrangement but when he takes her with him back home to see his brothers that line starts to get blurred and feelings start to develop, this was a really good read and a great addition ...more
Heather Packer
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jess is lovely, the wild child who spent her youth touring the world with her aunt and uncle. Jake is cheeky and successful, he works hard and plays hard too.

In some ways an unlikely match but I do love a friend’s to lovers romance

The characters are relateable, hell I would have done exactly the same as Jake on more than one occasion, the story is fab and the writing is wonderful.

The perfect book for a holiday read infront of the pool, with a glass of wine or
Rhonda
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining friends to lovers romance

I thought Laura Carter did a good job with writing this book as a stand alone but still tying in the characters from the previous books.
Jess and Jake were realistically depicted and believable. I enjoyed their banter and the dialogue between Jake and his family and friends. The story took me through spectrum of emotions from laughter to tear to a very satisfying HEA.
I received an advance reader copy from Netgalley.

• Whatever it Takes (Healing Hearts, #3)
  • The Earl of London (The Royals Collection, #5)
  • The Ruthless Gentleman
  • Broken Love Story (Love Story, #3)
  • A Girl Like Lilac
  • Rush (Gods, #2)
  • The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment, #1)
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Unexpected Love Story (Love Story, #2)
  • Cherry Beats
  • The Downside of Love (Blue Line Duet, #2)
  • The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet, #1)
  • The Wrong Gentleman
  • Score (Flawed Love, #1)
  • King's Reign (Sydney Storm MC, #6)
  • Wait With Me (Wait with Me, #1)
  • Tossing It (Bronze Bay SEALS, #2)
  • Love Beyond Opposites (Grad Night #3)
Laura Carter is the international bestselling author of the Vengeful Love series. Her books are available in English and Italian. Laura writes contemporary romance and women's fiction from her country home in Jersey (UKCI), where she lives with her husband and (gorgeous) dog. She loves all things romance, including paper hearts, flowers, chocolates and champagne (not necessarily in that order). If ...more

Brits in Manhattan (3 books)
  • Balancing the Scales (Brits in Manhattan 1)
  • Playing to Win (Brits in Manhattan)