Start by marking “The Road To Long Beach and The Witch's House (Anne and Colleen Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Road To Long Beach and The Witch's House (Anne and Colleen Book 1)

The Road To Long Beach and The Witch's House (Anne and Colleen Book 1)

15 Percent of the Proceeds of this book are being donated to the Pajama Program

Anne Santoro is finishing up her junior year in high school, in her new home town in Upstate New York. She is reminded of a tale she was told as a child of the witch’s house. The house was on the road she and her family took to get to the beach.
She and her best friend Colleen McFadden decide
Published August 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Road To Long Beach and The Witch's House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road To Long Beach and The Witch's House

Start your review of The Road To Long Beach and The Witch's House (Anne and Colleen Book 1)
Crazytourists_books
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: a-z-women
Before I write my review, I want to point out that this is a young adult novel (ages 14 and up) and I am 35 years old. Having said that, the book is vivid and simple enough for young readers and I believe it will keep a young reader focused till the very end. It does talk about respect towards others, bullying, friendship, having fun and taking on adventures. One thing I didn't like is that there are quite a few unnecessairy repetitions and I am not quite sure about a few of the dialogues; some ...more
Danielle
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, mystery
This story starts off following a young woman named Anne Santoro who lives in Upstate New York and who is about to finish her junior year in high school. One day she remembers a tale that was told to her when she was a child, about a witches house, that her and her family used to past all the time when they went to the beach. Her and her best friend, Colleen McFadden, decide to take a trip to Smithtown, NY to investigate if the house is still there. As the investigation and research get more in ...more
Allison Garcia
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting mystery fit for middle-schoolers

I enjoyed reading about two teens solving an century-old mystery. With beautiful scenery and humorous dialogue, this was a page-turner! :-)
Cary Morton
Oct 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hate DNFing books, but sometimes you must. I could not get into this book, almost from page one. The narrative was incredibly choppy and punctuated. There was no flow to it. I don’t know if it was simply over-edited, or outright written to be so halting, but it made the narrative hard to enjoy.

There were other, smaller issues with the writing; improper tense, sloppy narrative style, but it was the punctuation that killed me. As a copy editor, I find it difficult to get past technical errors an
Jessica B
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book!

Anne did a fabulous job making you feel like you were in the shoes of the two teens trying to uncover a mystery from the 1800’s in Long Island, NY. Great read and can not wait for her next book!
Jen Chichester
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anne and Colleen are two teenage girls with a penchant for mystery. The girls decide to visit Anne's hometown of Smithtown, New York, and become embroiled in the story behind the witch's house that Anne recalls from her childhood. What Anne and Colleen find is that there is a mystery dating back a century - a story about the disappearance of a Native American girl which had never been solved.

As the narrative progresses, an underlying theme emerges - that of the ills of bullying others and the t
Claire Heaven
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author's synopsis pretty much sets out the whole story. Starting the book all I was wondering was whether they actually find Aquene, the young Native American girl who disappeared over 100 years ago. What would be the supernatural aspect of the witches house and how scary would it get? However, I was surprised that the story has an underlying theme of how persecution and bullying are nothing new in todays society. The subject is deftly handled and the moral is clear.
Going in I thought this
Jessica
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
In An Oyster Shell - A simple paranormal mystery that was interesting.

The Pearls - I like the premise of the book. A couple of girls on a trip looking for the mystery of the witch's house. It has a Nancy Drew paranormal feel to it. The time setting is uncertain but it has a historical feel to it.

I like the paranormal aspect and the mystery that was solved of the witch. The ending was most satisfying.

I appreciated the real relationship between Anne and her friend. She was quite moody at times a
Lisa
rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2018
Anne Iglesias
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jillian E. Ferro
Emily Hoover
Feb 05, 2019
Rayjan Koehler
Nov 06, 2019

• Starswept (Starswept, #1)
  • What Heals the Heart (Cowbird Creek, #1)
  • Red Night (Vampire Files Trilogy #1)
  • Seance on a Summer's Night
  • Moonshade (Vampire Conclave #1)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans, #1)
  • The Pageant (Vampire Royals #1)
  • Wolf Snatched (The Dark Ridge Wolves #1)
  • Colonize
  • Recruits (New Haven Book 1)
  • Resurrection (Immortal Soulless #1)
  • Work in Progress (Cook Brothers, #1)
  • Claiming Mia (Dot Com Wolves 1)
  • Opposition (Lux, #5)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • Elfhame (Darkwood Chronicles #1)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • One Hundred Reasons (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 1)
Before she could even write words, Anne would “scribble write” books at her little brown desk in the 1970’s golden-yellow den of her childhood home. Always encouraged by her father to write a book, the idea remained in the back of her mind while she raised her five children and pursued other interests. That is, until she saw the video, “You know you’re from Smithtown (NY) if this is the road you t ...more