Start by marking “Rocking Standby” as Want to Read:
Rocking Standby

Rocking Standby

Gage
There are a lot of perks that go along with being an up and coming rock star. I may not get the private jet, but I always fly first class. Gone are the days when I have to pursue a woman. They toss their panties at me and shove their numbers in the front of my jeans. I am living a charmed life.

So, how did I end up stuck as a standby passenger, hoping to get a flight? N
Kindle Edition
Published September 22nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rocking Standby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocking Standby

♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Rocking Standby by Cassandra Lawson really has the perfect title to describe the two leading characters . It was my first book by this author and I liked her writing style. The characters she created are another thing.

Gage is a great person – actually almost to sweet and caring (leaving out his one slip when he went out all a**hole- but yeah I mean it was because he cared so much for his brother) …

Bentley on the other hand is a super confusing character. She was super reluctant on one side and
Kerry Richardson
Oct 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
I usually love a rockstar romance but this was very disappointing. I didn't really warm to any of the characters and the story itself was non existent. It was a boring read and I struggled to finish it but when I got to the end it just stopped abruptly. The whole thing was dragged out but then the reveal of the romance between the couple to the media was very rushed and crammed into one chapter. I won't be reading the rest of the series.
Coralee Corrigan
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read. Can’t wait to read the next book in this series
Liz
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rock
An enjoyable read! Low drama and a little slow burn for my tastes, looking forward to the next instalment.
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A ROCKIN', SEXY, SIZZLING, ROMANCE FROM CASSANDRA LAWSON! Rocking Standby is the newest book from Miss Lawson and I have to admit, this one was downright RIVETING. The few rock star Romances I have read in the past, I enjoyed, but this one had good heart, wickedly HOT sex, fabulous characters, and passionate romance.

What I really enjoyed about this particular rock star romance was I felt we got a really good look at all the members of this band. We got to feel
Shannan
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished Rocking Standby last Friday night and my only criticism is "why do i have to wait 3 months or more for Piper and Austin?" This book is so good; SO very, very good. I'm not normally big on rocker books but if the ones I haven't read are anything like yours, I'm missing out. I LOVED this book.

Bentley is such a wondrous character in knowing her flaws, being affected by her past and yet wanting to try and grow past it. Gage also was flawed but grows. The rest of the band are so fun that I
Mandy Parmenter
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gage is a up and coming rock star and is on standby trying to get to his mother who seems to be in a panic about something. I'm sat next to someone sweet but then find out she is deceitful and a gold digger. Bentley lost the phone number of the sweet guy she met on the flight and she was considering going out with him but she was so wrong - he's a lead guitarist of a rock group (and she doesn't date musicians) plus when they meet by chance calls her a gold digging whore! OMG - he might be hot as ...more
Denise Van plew
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This caught my attention because of promising arrogance will be the one that gets seduced. Gage thinks he is all that and more until a event causes him to meet more than his match. When Bently finds out just what is what she too gets in a sniff. Well the fun of two personalities like these guys is seeing the crumbling that happens before your eyes. Chemistry that builds will begin a slow boil that when gently kneaded rises on occasion. There are also others that will round this off to be a read ...more
Elizabeth Connor
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest review. I like Cassandra Lawson’s writing and I really enjoyed this book. I particularly liked that Delaney (from Sultry at 30) made an appearance, because she was my favorite character in that series. True to form, she was outrageously inappropriate and seems to function without a social filter. I really love her!

Bentley and Gage were a great couple, the conflict between them unexpected - there wasn't really any question they'd end up together. Of co
Kristin
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is something about Gage and Bentley... Sometimes I think some authors are given a bit of magic. How else could they make characters that grab us and give us all the feels! There is no question that Cassandra Lawson has it!
Gage and Bentley are a couple that did had me at first conversation.
The banter between these two is so endearing. I love a book that can make me laugh out loud, want to smack the couple to wake up and see what is in front of you, and feel invested in the characters. Cas
Destiny
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just amazing, this very talented author has done it again with a great read. Can not wait to read the next one.
B.Craze
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Bentley and Gage are something else! Wonderful story!
Katy Birch
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet story with a hint of drama. Hot rockstars. What more could a girl want?

Good read
Cindy-frank Marley
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just loved this book,another winner for this talented Author. Just love all her books. A page turner from beginning to end. Can't wait to read the next book she writes.
Kim Ginsberg
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gage is flying last minute to Portland to see his mom, but the only thing his manager could get him is standby. He doesn't care. He just needs to get there. What he doesn't expect is the woman sitting next to him on the plane. He has never met a woman with a car name before. Bentley is coming back early from her trip when a man named Gage is seated ext to her on the flight back home to the Bay area. He won't tell her what he does, but she enjoys talking to him anyways. What happens when they go ...more
Sylvia Schneider
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading this, I thought to myself....this is totally possible... and I like a book that could actually happen. Gage is a musician who needs to get on a flight to see his mother, but his assistant could only get him a stand-by ticket.. this ticket lands him in a seat next to Bentley. They hit it off and he leaves her with his phone number and a swift but sweet kiss.
Bentley is hell bent on not dating anyone in the music industry but Gage is always on her mind... as they slowly come together
Lisa Lawson
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not your typical rock star book. Instead of focusing on the band and touring, this story is more personal. Rocking Standby is about the lead guitarist of Reckless Release and his quest for love. Gage Addison meets Bentley on a plane and after a misunderstanding they meet again. Unable to deny their attraction, they decide to have one night of unbridled passion. But one night will never be enough. A well-written sweet, rocker romance.
Angela Thomas
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this one! This was not the typical rock star romance. It was personal focused on the main characters Gage & Bentley their struggle to be a couple. Their chemistry is great. Love the down to earth way all the characters are in this story. I can’t wait to see what else Cassandra has in store for the crew of Reckless Release!
Kimkbries
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one! They met by chance and then everything was wrong. Bentley did not date rockstars. Gage could not believe she was with her brother. But why couldn’t they stay away from each other? I enjoyed their chemistry and their story on their way to a HEA. Add in the supporting characters like the guys in the band and Bentley’s family and you have a story I did not want to put down.
Trudy Dowling
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I purchased this book as a way to become familiar with the author. I try and read at least one book by each author participating in a signing. I am so glad that I did. I will be reading more.

Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 STARS FOR ROCKING STANDBY!! This was a good book with great characters that keeps you turning pages. I enjoyed Gage and Bentley's story, they had challenges to get through and some were difficult. This was my first book by Cassandra Lawson and I can't wait to read more by her.
Paula Genereau
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing and I couldn't stop reading it. Gage was a upcoming rockstar. when one flight leaves him on a standby and then he gets seated next to Bentley. As he comes to know her , he thinks she is a gold digger.
Madeleine
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this story for its sense of ,normalcy, it is very believable and it makes me feel like this is something that could really happen. The fact that Cage is a it of a 'bad-boy' good guy is, of course, a very helpful thing to enjoy reading the whole yum-able story. Bentley on the other hand is different, she is not your average heroin of the story, she is honest and too the point and can admit when she was wrong, she is down to earth and loves a laugh so you can see her as your best friend and ...more
Linda
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF. It got to be too tedious to read all about the conversations between characters, and inner thoughts for the two MCs. Didn't really feel the chemistry between them, either. The hero's mother with her mental illness was just odd, too.
Stefanie Nelson hetland
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book. It was so good! Amazing hot sex, great story! I finished this book in a day and would have been sooner if I didn’t have to work. I cannot wait for the next book
Bev Ross
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Can't wait for Piper and Austin's story!! And what's up with Xander and his waffle obsession? Harley will be over the top awesome too!! Can't wait!!!
Andrea
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The music isn't what caused your problems."

This is the second book I've read by Cassandra Lawson and my favorite thing about both of them is her writing style. It just flows very smoothly and pulls me right into her characters lives. Ms. Lawson doesn't necessarilly write stories that take me on a rollercoaster ride, but she defintely has the skill and ability to keep your attention and to throw in some surprises. I have found this series to be quite enjoyable and can't wait for book #3.
April Vivas
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love love this book. Steamy, sexy and every girls dream romance. Gage and Bentley are down to earth characters that are relatable. This book was a fresh take on a rock star romance and Cassandra Lawson is brilliant...this was a page turner that I didn't want to put down. Love the twists in the story. A must read!!!!
Joy Skully
rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2018
Kennedy
Oct 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Cassandra Lawson lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and her two youngest children. When she is not writing, she enjoys spending time with her family, listening to music, or curling up with a good book.