Start by marking “Chanjori House” as Want to Read:
Chanjori House

Chanjori House

Hidden behind the imposing doors of Chanjori House, a story of pain, betrayal, and love.

Eve, a beautiful young woman, was once in love with the charismatic Rick Forrest. But he disappeared from her life without any explanation. With no money, about to lose her home, and the added problem of her mother’s advancing dementia, her future looked bleak.

Chester Forrest, Rick’s fa
Kindle Edition, 1st
Published August 28th 2017 by Feedaread

To ask other readers questions about Chanjori House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chanjori House

booklover BEV
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
fabulous story evies husband chester forrest is diagnosed with a brain tumour and been told its only a matter of time. evies step daughter jo called her brother rick forrest to be told and to come back to chanjori house. its a bitter sweet reunion for both eve and rick and so the story is told. i loved this book found it sexy, full of twists , chilling all rolled into one. with a fantastic ending. this author has lots of tales in her books that just want to keep reading and keeping you entertain ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eve and Rick were very much in love, when Rick just disappeared leaving a devastated Eve behind. When Rick’s father offers Eve a solution to her problems she accepts, and now 11 years after he left Rick comes home. All of the characters are complex and captivating. The story is full of lies, betrayal, secrets, twists, and love.
This author has written an amazing storyline, and I was hooked and intrigued from the very beginning. I am looking forward to reading more of this authors work!
Jenny
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good. The characters were so real to me, I actually had a dream about them when I fell asleep the night after reading this. I felt all of Eve’s pain and anguish when she was hurting. I didn’t expect all the twist and I have to say they blew me away, in a good way! I highly recommend this book!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Reva Coomer
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did not see that coming! So many twists and turns, so many secrets, so much deception! How one person can ruin so many different paths for the people around then. I love the back story on how the house got it's name! So sweet. There were a lot of "close calls" and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen! A very different read for me...but a good one!
Maxine
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was full of twists and turns but in such a good way, I'm not sure how one person could cause so many problems for his son.
After many years away from the family home Rick returns and his one and only love still lives there.
This book was really well written and you fall in l8ved with the story and want Rick and Eve to finally have the life together that they both want.
Tracy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great read...had me not wanting to put it down to find out what was going to happen next.
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
Second chance romance, this story had many layers and interesting characters. Parted not by choice, Rick & Eve are thrown back together and the atmosphere is fraught and at the same time electric!There is no doubt that they've both been wronged in the past and so much heartbreak has been experienced, fuelling resentment and bad decisions. An enjoyable story which left me at the end thinking, will there be more from Rick & Eve? I hope so!
Gladys
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chanjori House by Joy Wood is an amazingly good book. Full of complex and layered characters and an engaging storyline, Chanjori House is not a book to miss. With first love,secrets, lies, twist, turns. too many betrayals to count and a second chance at love this book will leave you on the edge of your seat, breathless and turning pages as fast as you can. First book I have ever read by Ms. Wood and now I am eager to see what else she has to offer. I highly recommend this book. I am posting an h ...more
Sharon
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure what to say about this one. I went in blind and without any expectations, because I didn't really know what to expect. It was better than I expected. Ms. Wood only has 3 published works, so I did read with caution, but it was well written and had a good flow. There were times that I just wanted them to talk and get their secrets out. At the end I’m still not sure why Chester was the manipulator that he was. I’m not sure why he had it out for Rick from day one.

Eve and Rick were in lo
Katrina Haynes
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. this was my 1st story by this story.. I did not see that coming at the end of the story.. I really enjoyed reading this.. It had my heart going when I got to the middle and the end.. must read everyone..
Lisa Roberts
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great second chance at love after all these years Rick and Eve have the shock of their life,How one person can cause so much tragity.So many secrets,twists and turns you don't see coming and keeps you on the edge of your seat to see how this is going to play out.I liked the plot and the complex characters,my first book by this Author and I hope theres more.I voluntarily read a readers copy of this book
Rosemary Noble
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chanjori house is a light read but has all the elements that would appeal to many women. A beautiful, misunderstood heroine, a hero about to make the biggest mistake of his life (in more ways than one). Lots of action, again in more ways than one, and a fast-moving plot. It is a mixture of thriller and romance. The thiller part is well worked out without obvious holes and the romance is infinitely satisfying (in more ways than one). It could be part of a series if the author felt inclined. Good ...more
Lofty
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rick & Eve have a history together so when his father’s solicitor contacted him he reluctantly returned home.
Believing she has been abandoned Eve had no alternative but to accept Rick’s father Chesters demands. Rick hates his father for sending him away but has returned but for how long?
Can they put the past behind them & move forward?
A new author for me I enjoyed the twists in the story.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
A story with a twist
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by Joy Wood. I enjoyed the story for the most part. The ending seemed a bit abrupt.
janette griffin