Start by marking “The Other Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Other Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #3)

The Other Miss Bridgerton

(Rokesbys #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,899 ratings  ·  263 reviews
She was in the wrong place...

Fiercely independent and adventurous, Poppy Bridgerton will only wed a suitor whose keen intellect and interests match her own. Sadly, none of the fools from her London season qualify. While visiting a friend on the Dorset coast, Poppy is pleasantly surprised to discover a smugglers' hideaway tucked inside a cave. But her delight turns to disma
Mass Market Paperback, 391 pages
Published November 20th 2018 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Other Miss Bridgerton, please sign up.
R2 D2 I think it's their cousin, because it's mentioned in the book preview above as "though Poppy has no idea that he is the son of an earl and neighbor to…moreI think it's their cousin, because it's mentioned in the book preview above as "though Poppy has no idea that he is the son of an earl and neighbor to her aristocratic cousins in Kent".
I assume that aristocratic cousins in Kent mean Billie & Edmund.(less)
Delacey You should have no issues reading this book without the other ones first. All of JQ's books can be read as standalones. You may have the occasional…moreYou should have no issues reading this book without the other ones first. All of JQ's books can be read as standalones. You may have the occasional appearance of past characters, and a potential for spoilers of previous books (though I think for the most part she tries to not mention those in her books). Hope that helps :)(less)

Jilly
I should rate this book a 4 or 5 because the writing is so good. Julia Quinn writes great dialogue that is smart and funny every time. And, the book was enjoyable enough that I didn't want to put it down.

BUT..

I just couldn't get over the fact that he kidnapped her in the first place. He really didn't have to, even though he continually acts like he was forced to do it.
He's a spy, and can't let her go when she discovers his secret "pirate cove" because she might blab about it.

But, mistakes were
Jess
Nov 07, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
pre-reading:

well rip all my Andrew/Georgiana hopes then

(edit: I guess you could say all my hopes lie in this TOMB)
Caz
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this a B- at AAR, so that's 3.5 stars rounded up

The Other Miss Bridgerton is the third instalment in Julia Quinn’s series of novels featuring members of the previous generation of Bridgertons and their neighbours and long-standing family friends the Rokesbys.  In the first book, Because of Miss Bridgerton, Sybilla (Billie) Bridgerton married George Rokseby; in the second, the story focused on the next Rokesby brother, Edward, an officer serving in North America. Andrew is the third br
nick
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This series by Julia Quinn has been my favorite from her. The books have been absolutely stealing my heart. There wasn't any doubt in my mind that I would be picking up The Other Miss Bridgerton. Like with the previous books, this was a feel-good story with a lovely couple.

Poppy Bridgerton was undeniably the star of this book. She was sweet and charming and so kind. While visiting a friend in Dorset, she stumbles upon a cave where she discovers pirates smuggling some goods. She finds herself kid
Nancy
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After loving the first in this series, then feeling rather meh about the second, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the third. But the blurb - high seas! Pirate-y adventure! Bridgerton heroine! - I was pretty excited to give it a try. I'm so glad I did.

JQ is back in full Bridgerton glory. Her trademark witty banter and complex characters seem fresh - a new set of characters within the same family we've all loved for years. I loved how Poppy and Andrew actually communicated; the turn in roma
Addie H
4.25 stars!

(Tropes: Pirates(ish), Love-hate Relationship, Mistaken/Hidden identity, Forced Proximity)

description

I read this book in one sitting. ONE SITTING.

I had nearly forgotten how much I ADORE JQ’s books. And after a woeful string of mostly terrible historical romances, coming back to the Bridgertons was a DELIGHT! It’s easy, breezy, romantic, funny, and mostly angst free.

description

*****
“Captain Andrew James, at your service. Welcome aboard the Infinity.”
“No ‘We’re delighted to have you’?” Poppy asked.
He laug
Marie
on the bright side only THREE MONTHS LEFT TO WAIT FOR MY OTHER FAVORITE ROMANCE FAMILY TO BE BACK

is the title new?? i like it BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LIKE THE FIRST MISS B

ANDREW ROKESBY FALLS IN LOVE NO JOKE JULIA GIMME MORE
Under the Covers Book Blog

Julia Quinn is the master of light hearted and fun historical romances and she once again proves this in the latest installment of the Rokesby series. Who else could make being chloroformed, kidnapped by pirates, kept captive on a ship and then kidnapped again on foreign soil a fun and romantic romp?

I really enjoyed this adventure, both the hero
Stacee
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I had read and enjoyed the previous book in this series and loved this synopsis, so I was pretty eager to start it.

I absolutely adored Poppy and Andrew. She’s sassy and curious and is outspoken. He’s just as sassy and charming and and wants people to think he’s a bit of a scoundrel, but is quite a marshmallow. Together they have delicious banter and button pushing and fantastic conversation.

Plot wise, it was good. Of course, there’s only so much that can happen in one room of a ship,
Alison
Three and a half stars.

Poppy Bridgerton is spending a few weeks with her (very pregnant) friend Elizabeth in Somerset, every afternoon she explores the coastline looking for caves, until one day she stumbles across a privateers' cave and is kidnapped.

Andrew James Rokesby is a former naval captain turned privateer on behalf of His Majesty, couriering letters and documents between the UK, France, Spain and Portugal under the name Captain Andrew James. He is on deadline to deliver some letters to P
Aly
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
While visiting a friend, Poppy Bridgerton convince her chaperone to wait for her at a tea shop while she goes explore the surrounding area. But when she discover an hiding cave, she end up kidnapped and on her way to Portugal.

Andrew James is the Captain of the Infinity. But what his crew, and his captive ignore, is that he's not just a privateer. He's the son of an earl who works for the Crown. And he just happen to be the neighbor of Poppy's cousins. The young lady can't say she's not relieved
Esther
ARC provided by Edelweiss and Publisher in exchange for and honest review.

Review to come closer to Publication.

Rating could change. Between a 3 -3.5.

Lu
Lovely story totally focused on the MC’s relationship

What I loved the most about this book is that they are stranded in a ship and therefore the whole book is about them and their relationship and how they get to know and love each other.
I usually don’t like pirate plots, but this was a lovely read.
Megan Lavey-Heaton
I pick up each new Julia Quinn expecting to feel the magic that I did when I first read her books more than a decade ago. Instead, she has become increasingly formulaic to the point where I can predict "this is where the first kiss happens" and "this is where they fool around" and "oops, I have X pages left, so they must have sex about ... yup here we are" and "we're at an epilogue, which means BABIES. NOTHING BUT BABIES."

I feel like my tastes are moving on from Quinn. I can still recall in grea
Desy
Nov 04, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
As a huge Julia Quinn fan, I cannot wait for the book to be published! To be honest though, I really hope that the description will somehow change and the heroine of the book is Georgiana. From the first book of the series, I had a feeling that Andrew and Georgiana would end up together..
Kimberly
Poppy Bridgerton is dragging her heels on the marriage mart. She isn’t about to settle for just any man who asks her – only someone who can match her quick wit and will treat her as an equal could catch her interest and none of her suitors have even elicited the slightest glimmer of attraction from her. Taking a break from London, she goes to the Dorset to visit a friend. While exploring the coast, Poppy discovers a smugglers cave…which would be delightful if there weren’t smugglers in it when s ...more
Melissa
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this story. After what I felt like was a fail for Julia Quinn's previous book in the Rokesby series, she has come back with a truly delightful historical that hit all the right notes for me. I loved the hero and heroine in this story. Poppy is intelligent and adventurous, the perfect heroine to find herself kidnapped and stowed away on a privateer's ship, heading for foreign lands. Andrew is also intelligent and valiant and a gentleman, the perfect hero to treat a prisoner on his sh ...more
charlotte
"It won't be just a kiss, Poppy. It could never be just a kiss between us."

(Almost) no one writes slowburn historical romances like Julia Quinn does. Not to mention she does it with some of my favourite characters ever, and The Other Miss Bridgerton is no different in this respect.

The Other Miss Bridgerton is Andrew Rokesby's book. Andrew is a privateer, running messages for the Foreign Office between Spain/Portugal and England, when his crew are forced to bring aboard Poppy Bridgerton, after
☕ Kimberly
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coffee Dates with The Other Miss Bridgerton

First Date: From the start I adored Poppy Bridgerton. It is quickly clear that she is sharp, feisty and looking for a partner who is her equal intellectually. Poppy is exploring the coastal shore while visiting a family friend in Dorset. Of course she has left her maid to drink tea and stumbles into trouble while exploring a cave. All of which result in her being kidnapped and taken aboard a ship. It’s a privateers ship manned by Captain Andrews and h
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh Poppy! I absolutely adored her! She was witty and smart and gave Andrew a run for his money. I loved watching them fall in love despite the circumstances that they met in. I don't want to say too much because I want you all to read this...and you know you can't go wrong with Julia Quinn :)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Fans of Julia Quinn’s will be delighted that The Other Miss Bridgerton is a delightful sweet romance with a hint of mystery and danger. Polly Bridgerton finds herself in danger when she comes across pirates inside a cave while she was exploring the seacoast. Captured she is now sailing for Portugal aboard the Infinity captained by Andrew James. Andrew Rokesby had no choice but to take the girl with him because this trip could not be delayed. Andrew is secretly a spy and has been making deliverie
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Other Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn is book Three in the Rokesbys series. This is the story of Poppy Bridgerton and Andrew James Rokesby. I have read the previous books, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Poppy is visiting a friend but when she had gotten some down time her curious nature kicks in and she takes a walk where she finds some caves. But she is caught by what she thinks are smugglers who take her to their ship. There she is thrust into a adventure
Tracy Emro
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - Rounded up.

Miss Poppy Bridgeton is in Charmouth visiting her dear friend Elizabeth after enduring another London season. As Elizabeth is heavy with child, Poppy ventures out to the beach alone. She discovers a series of caves and decides to explore. She finds a smugglers cache and is making plans to return with a lantern, when she hears voices. The men are surprised to see her and unsure what to do with her, so they take her back to their ship.

Capt. Andrew James Rokesby is a younger
Lexi
Nov 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this was a long time coming but this book was really the last straw. Julia, if you ever read this I'm sorry but it needs to be said; enough with the f****** Bridgertons! Enough!!
We get it; they all have the same coloring, all the boys are charming and all the girls are oh-so-unconventional and the ton loves them, your publisher clearly loves them even though it is starting to feel like milking a dead cow, and now apparently Netflix loves it too (congratulations are in order on that account)
Kathryn
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. Miss Poppy Bridgerton is not a docile young woman, she has already had two seasons where she has not met a suitable partner for life. She is not prepared to lower her expectations and just settle for anyone.

Being adventurous, while visiting a friend she finds her way into a cave, where unexpectedly she stumbles into a privateer's hidden treasure. She is captured and taken aboard where she has an adventure that turns her life upside down. She is treated well and held  i
Maureen
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Historical Romance novels, but I haven’t read one in a while. When I saw ‘The Other Miss Bridgerton’ on Netgalley I immediately requested it. I’ve read the first book in the Rokesbys series back in 2016 and loved it. Since this is the third book in the series I knew I had to read it, one way or another. So I was super excited when my request got approved and I started reading as soon as possible.

In ‘The Other Miss Bridgerton’ we meet Poppy. Poppy has always been independent and smart. Bu
Jess
This was the kind of brain candy I want from Julia Quinn, I am only sad she didn't lean harder into the whole being kidnapped for a privateer who is secretly an agent of the crown thing. It was so tame!!!
Carolyn
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quinn-julia
This is the previous generation to our beloved Bridgertons. Fun banter in the beginning half of the book between the sassy, curious heroine and the oh so charming pirate aka agent of the crown. Not your typical ballroom/drawing room setting. Cute light read.
Lissa Hawley
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julia Quinn is autobuy for a reason. :)
Anne
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, romance
A person should read a book because it speaks to something in his heart.

Julia Quinn, you’ve won my heart.

Quinn’s name is synonymous with romance, and (given my love of historical romances) I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to dive into one of her books. This was my first and it definitely won’t be my last.

This book follows Poppy Bridgerton, who is kidnapped by pirates privateers after she strays into a cave that holds the goods they’re smuggling. She’s promptly delivered to their captain, A
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more

Rokesbys (4 books)
  • Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #1)
  • The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2)
  • Untitled (Rokesbys #4)
“A person should read a book because it speaks to something in his heart.” 3 likes
“One needs a certain base of knowledge before one can ask sensible questions.” 0 likes