Start by marking “Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)

Tempted by Love

(Montana Heat #3)

She was this Montana Man’s greatest temptation . . .

Alina Cooke—little sister of his two best friends—is the last woman DEA agent Jay Bennett should be waking up next to on the day of her brother’s wedding. But their powerful attraction ignited a powder keg of desire, and their once simple friendship has just become impossibly complicated.

Alina’s always been steady, focuse
Published August 21st 2018 by Avon

Start your review of Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm a sucker for a good friends-little-sister story and this one hit the mark for what I wanted. Alina and Jay intrigued me just as much as the suspenseful parts of their story did and I really enjoyed getting to learn more about them. Their romance was really good and I liked how it blended with the more suspenseful moments of the book.

I liked how the romance between characters blended with the mysterious parts and I thought it was a good combination where one par
Dísir
Running parallel to ‘True to You’, Jay’s story unfolds alongside King’s, though it’s in ‘Tempted by Love’ that we get what is happening on the ‘other side’ that has been sort of hinted at in the previous book. But while I eagerly jumped into Jay/Alina’s story, this ended up as a rather lukewarm read for me despite the interesting dynamic and their setup.

The baseline in romance for me is that both protagonists should want each other equally, which I didn’t initially see happening here. The initi
Beth
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Tempted by Love was a likable and entertaining insta-love romance with a pretty straight forward plot... that seemed to extended beyond the conflicts that truly existed. Lots of internal vacillations and character's internal conflicts. Alina inability to make a choice about their relationship. Jay's mother, a very unlikable character and an overall nuisance but no bearing on the story. Jay's choice of pursuit with the conflict of his friendships. Even the babysitting of Alina's nephew seemed lik ...more
☕️Kimberly
In the previous books we enjoyed high-stakes suspense as, Undercover DEA Agent Beck “Trigger” Cooke and DEA Agent Caden Cooke found true love. We also got an intense story about Undercover DEA Special Agent Dawson King. In Tempted by Love, our story begins at the weddings of Beck and Caden. Their sister, Alina Cooke is sitting at the bar looking dejected when the Cooke brother's best friend, DEA agent Jay Bennett joins her for a whiskey. He feels like he knows her, having heard stories from Beck ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Good lord, is there nothing better than a strong, sexy, alpha male matched up with his equal partner in her own strength, sexiness and ability to love through some really challenging situations? This is exactly what you get with Alina and Jay in Tempted by Love.

Jay and Alina are a match made in heaven—well, maybe if her brothers stay out of it! But in all seriousness, the connection between Jay and Alina is undeniable. And sexy AF. They are perfect for each other. Jay’s lived a hard, solitary li
Big Joe  Rossi
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
DEA agent Jay Bennett is feeling when he attends the wedding of his two friends to their new brides on a wedding weekend. He wants what they have. He wants the family. He wants love and to give love. An all work life isn't fulfilling anymore. When he sees the younger sister, Alina Cooke, at he bar as wedding one winds down he sees more of her then he should. The lustful looks, ones he feels himself doing throughout and after the wedding. A few drink leads to a 'mistake' a night of connect and th ...more
Lover of Romance
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Avon in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Tempted By Love is the latest in the Montana Heat series by Jennifer Ryan. I have really gotten a kick out of this series, which is slightly different from her previous series. What I have found so wonderful is the level of intrigue and suspense that are underlayed in these books. In Tempted by Lo
Christi Snow
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Review:

There was so much to love about this book, but I'll be honest...it was like reading two amazing books together. The beginning is the fun, happy, contemporary meet-cute with all the light-hearted wedding activities. Then the last 2/3's is filled with action, drama, suspense, and danger. It was the best of both worlds.

Alina has two brothers who work in the DEA. Their boss is Jay, so she's known Jay for a while as an acquaintance that she sees at big social gatherings...like her brothers
Books and Spoons
Montana Heat series is one of my favorite romantic suspense series I have read in the past year or so. Jennifer Ryan's writing is sharp, bright, and passionate. It brings out the intensity of the action and suspense and the enormity of the emotions whirling in the minds and hearts of the protagonists. Starting one of her books puts an automatic 'do not disturb' sign surrounding me because I will be immersed into the tale, and not coming out for anything until I get to the end of the exciting boo ...more
Katie Utterly Unashamed
3 satisfying stars.

This was a solid suspense romance. I wouldn't say mystery because we know who the bad guy is pretty much from the beginning, but we have no idea how or when he is going to be revealed.

This book has all the goodies - age gap/best friends sister - but without the normal drama that comes with those tropes.

This book has the perfect mixture of romance, relationship building (even though it is fast), drug take downs, explosions, car accidents and fun banter.

I would definitely re
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jay Bennett is totally devoted to his job and has his own reasons for avoiding romantic commitments, but his friends' weddings have given him a reason to rethink his avoidance of long term romantic relationships and the most unlikely woman has caught his eye - his friends' baby sister.

Alina Cooke has been focused on finishing college and finding her feet career-wise that everything else took a back seat, but her casual friendship with Jay morphs into a fiery sexual one in a flash and they find t
Jen
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was just an okay read for me. It started out with Jay & Alina hooking up at her brother's wedding. Jay is also a DEA agent, so he thinks Alina's brothers will disapprove of a relationship. Alina just wants to find her happiness and is lonely. She too thinks her brothers will frown on her hooking up with Jay. So they keep things secret for a while.

On top of this, there's the suspense we know to expect from this series. This time it's Alina's job that puts her in danger. She's a pharmacist a
Ann Lorz
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

There is nothing better then reading a favorite author. For me one of those favorites is Jennifer Ryan. From the first book of hers I read I was hooked on her. If you haven't yet tried her she is so worth your time.

Tempted by Love is the third book in her Montana Heat series. I almost think it's my favorite of this series. Of course we all know I say that a lot about many books in the series I love. What can I say,
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Sad to say that although I love the series as a whole and most of the individual books. This one was different. Something felt illusive during the reading. I have read all the prior books of this series. I have loved getting to know the Cooke brothers and their women and King and his woman. I have been waiting and wondering if Alina Cooke would get her a love. Then Jay. There was just something about him that lulled me in and said yes.

Alina Cooke was more on the quite and bit reserved side of t
Avid Reader
Tempted by Love (Montana Heat #3) by Jennifer Ryan
3 stars
M/F Romance, thriller
Triggers: Addiction, Cancer, Attempted Murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

I have not read any of the previous books in this series, however, I did not feel that it was necessary. Ryan did a wonderful job of explaining the secondary characters and their relationships.

Romancebooksandmore
Hot sexy and all around amazing now I need to go and read the books before this
Michele
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: con-rom, 0818
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

High octane action and steamy hot attraction made for a thrilling time in Tempted by Love, Jennifer Ryan’s latest in her Montana Heat series. Set in the same timeframe as book two, this gave a whole new perspective on the events that took place in True to You.

I’ve really enjoyed this series by Jennifer Ryan which focuses mainly on the Cooke family and their fellow DEA agents they closely work with. And while this wasn’t my favorit
Aarati
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Tempted by Love is the first Jennifer Ryan book that I've read and I really enjoyed it. I love a good romantic suspense and this book delivered to a great degree. I also enjoy the best-friend's-sister-turned-lover trope, so that was icing on the cake.

Tempted by Love starts off at Alina Cooke's brothers' wedding, where she meets their colleague and friend, Jay Bennett. They hit it off from the start and have sizzling chemistry. Their shared unfulfilled dreams of having a family and settl
Christie Conlee
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOT! HOT! HOT!

Jennifer Ryan’s Montana Heat series will blow you away with these hot and dangerous DEA Special Agents! Her attention to detail brings every word to life and takes you on a journey of emotions. You will no doubt be swooning over Agents Caden Cooke, Beck Cooke, Dawson King, and Jay Bennett.

Tempted by Love is the last novel in this breathtaking series. DEA agent Jay Bennett had my attention from the moment he was introduced in previous novels and I was stoked to finally read his sto
Nate Brightman
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tempted By Love closes out Jennifer Ryan's Montana Heat series based upon the Cooke family and a close friend and associate King. Older brothers Caden and Beck are DEA agents as is King as is jay Bennett the hero of this story who falls in love with the youngest of the Cooke siblings Alina. I really enjoyed this book. Jennifer hit the right notes with Jay and Alina falling carefully in love and the tension of potential violence that is her M.O. in all of her stories. Alina is a great heroine. Sh ...more
WycEd Reader
Check out our Tempted by Love post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆
M/F Romance, Thriller
Triggers: Addiction, Cancer, Attempted Murder

Alina is a strong woman. She knows what she wants from life and has for a while. She's been able to tick off her list until she
Crystal
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tempted by Love is the second book I have had the pleasure to read by Jennifer Ryan and it sure will not be the last. This talented lady could very well work her way to the top of my read list. She has created characters that are very easy to relate to and bond with. The storyline is full of suspense, drama, mystery, intrigue, oh and romance, steaming hot romance.

Alina Cooke is an intelligent, independent lady that thinks her life is following along on a nice path. She's busy with her partnersh
Leah
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jennifer Ryan’s book combines intrigue, danger and romance with a little bit of brotherly protectiveness. I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved the characters and how they showed the realities of being in a relationship with someone in law enforcement. It is a challenging dynamic.
Alina Cooke is the youngest sister of two DEA agents. She understands the toll the job takes on them and the dangers they are in daily as they put away drug dealers and criminals. She is thrilled that they have both fou
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
Think about falling for your brothers best friend, so wrong right, but you two can not seem to stay away from each other. Then you are keeping this relationship a secret.
Jay is a DEA agent he is quickly nearing forty, works a lot and has not found time for love and a family, but he wants it. Now he sees his friends settling down and he feels he is also ready. The worst thing is he finds himself falling for their younger sister.

They share a night together after the weddings but Alina pushes him a
Cara Ross
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't actually know if it's possible to be so excited that the book you have waited for all summer is finally here! But equally be devastated that one of your favorite series has come to an end?! But that is exactly how I feel over Tempted by Love by Jennifer Ryan and I think that feeling will stay with me for the rest of the summer, or at least until December when her new series comes out.

If you have read any of the other books in Montana Heat series, then you would have met both of our lead
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
. . . what happened between them may have been impulsive, but doing it again was a temptation worth repeating.

Look, I’m not going to lie. I am a Jennifer Ryan fangirl of the highest order, and have been for a few years now. I’ve read all of her books and loved them, because they just work for me: the way her tough, alpha men soften for their women; the strength and sass the heroines exhibit; the deep, abiding love that is unshakeable at its foundation.

And all of those things are on display in T
Cheri
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man, Jay and Alina burned hot and fast. Their chemistry is intense!

This story crosses over with the last book in this series, True to You. I’m letting you know that right away because I got a bit confused when the scenes with King started popping up. It’s been more than a year since I read that book so it took me a minute to remember that Alina comes up in discussion with King and Jay in that book and my foggy brain finally realized the timelines of the two books ran parallel.

Although Alina and
Kate Vale
One of the Montana Heat series, in which we follow Alina Cooke, now a Pharm D with a half-ownership in a local pharmacy and DEA agent Jay Bennett who happens to be best friends with Alina's two brothers. Although Alina is happy her brothers are both happily married now, she had always assumed she would walk down the aisle before they did. To assuage her feelings, she goes to the bar for a drink and ends up the next morning next to Jay. In his bed.

She knows Jay is not the man she should want. His
Andrea M.
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
In Tempted by Love, Jennifer Ryan presents the story of Alina Cooke, a pharmacist, and Jay Bennett, a DEA agent. The actions of these two characters created the perfect recipe for an exciting contemporary romance novel with danger around every corner.

I’ve read a couple of books by Jennifer Ryan, When It’s Right and At Wolf’s Ranch and have liked both of them. In the past, I’ve found the characters were really likable from the start, but in Tempted by Love, the characters had to grow on me. Initi
Melissa
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I did NOT want to put this book down!! Alaina and Jay..oh man! He knew better since she was the little sister of not only his two best friends, but the 2 men he worked so closely with! He tried to fit it, he really did, but one kiss from Alaina and he was hooked! It's so heartwarming to read about a man who always put his work first, but once he met the right one, everything changed. Alaina was able to show Jay how he could have the best of both worlds. He could still be in a very demanding job, ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Wind River Lawman (Wind River Valley, #6)
  • Rancher's Dream (The Montana Cahills, #6)
  • Hard Riding Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2.5)
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1)
  • Snowed in with the Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3.5)
  • Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2)
  • The Rancher (Morgan Ranch)
  • The Second Chance Rancher (The Millers of Morgan Valley, #1)
  • Escapade
  • Good Time Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3)
  • Lone Wolf Cowboy (Gold Valley, #7)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Gold Valley, #1.5)
  • The Rancher's Redemption (The Millers of Morgan Valley, #2)
  • In Her Sights (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
  • A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (Gold Valley, #4)
  • Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #4)
  • The Only Thing (The Donnigans, #3)
Jennifer Ryan, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The Hunted and McBrides Series, writes romantic suspense and contemporary small-town romances.

Jennifer lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children. When she isn’t writing a book, she’s reading one. Her obsession with both is often revealed in the state of her home, and how late dinner is to the table. Wh

Montana Heat (3 books)
  • Escape to You (Montana Heat, #1)
  • True to You (Montana Heat #2)