Start by marking “Heartless (Enemies to Lovers #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartless (Enemies to Lovers #1)

Heartless (Enemies to Lovers #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  1,698 Ratings  ·  253 Reviews
Previous cover edition for ASIN B075649VRH
For alternate cover edition go here

I’m warned that Carter Hayes is heartless.

He’s part of the screw crew.
He’ll just use you and leave you.
He’s ruthless and always gets what he wants.

Just look for the trail of broken hearts and dreamy sighs and you’ll find him.

“Hot as sin, Carter.”

I don’t have time to fall head over heels for
Published August 26th 2017 by MA Horst

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Untitled

page_divider 5_stars

HEARTLESS by Michelle Horst is a standalone- full length contemporary romance novel Book #1 in the (Enemies To Lovers Series) ~ In this we meet Carter Hayes and Della Truman.

Della Truman is a good girl with a head on her shoulders, studying a Degree in Graphic Design whilst working at Rameses a local diner slash bar to support herself until she finishes up school in six months time and will head back to Saluda the town she left behind for her sister Jamie who is a lot younger than her.

AND

M
Natalie The Biblioholic
Don’t go looking at my rating thinking I didn’t like the book. I did. Honestly. Who doesn’t enjoy a good enemies-to-lovers trope? I sure as heck do. And it may be the case that it’s just me and there really was no problem with this story, but I didn’t love this one.

Let’s explore why…

I felt like I was told about the Screw Crew (yeah, that’s really what these men called themselves) and I was supposed to love them despite it all. Despite the fact that they wore their whoring ways as a badge of ho
Dilek VT
Apr 14, 2018 marked it as nope
The blurb says it all: We have a heroine TSTL...
Snow

Gosh...

Hmpf...

I loved previous books by Michelle Horst those were on a darker side, however, and they were powerful in storytelling and emotional intense presentation through characters' development...

So, it pains me to say that this story was just meh for me...and not because it was sweet and romantic "second chance/enemies to lovers" trope BUT because neither the story telling was satisfying nor the characters were deep in characterisation...

Unfortunately, I felt 'nothing' while reading abou
Shari Kay
Feb 28, 2018 marked it as not-for-me
"screw crew". Really? Need I point out why I'm skipping this one? I didn't think so
Mimiorphee
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc
Heartless took me by surprise as I didn't expect it to be that sweet, more like an angsty and stressful story.
This is a quick read, first installment in the Enemies to Lovers series; it features Carter and Della, but you'll meet all the others couples of the next installments.
That's what I particularly enjoyed in this book: the tribe vibe, the numerous friends who have each others' backs. They all are endearing characters, making you want to be a part of this big family.

Carter is a member of the
Mercedes
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
2.5 Stars

Ok, so, after reading this blurb I thought I was in for a college based book where the relentless man-whore lands the focused, beautiful, burdened girl. I was only sort of right. When I finished reading the book I went back to re-read the blurb and make sure I wasn’t associating the wrong blurb with this book, but it was the correct blurb/book connection. The blurb just didn’t really match the story imo. Carter and Della are only in college for about 20% of the book, then they graduate
Carlabulian
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,5. Não achei conexão entre os personagens. Os sentimentos mostrados não convenceram e pareciam que eram superficiais. O personagem principal era um chato, imaturo no início, ele cresceu no final, mas não deu para engolir. A personagem principal no início forte, convicta e no final uma maria mole. Af!!!!
O enredo em si foi bom. Somente!
Mandy (2 Girls & their Kindles)
What an introduction to the #screwcrew. This book will pull you in straight from the start. Heartless is the first book in the enemies to lovers series. This is Carter and Della's Story.

This book was a rollercoaster of emotions, Carter is sexy and hot in the outside but cold and ruthless on the inside. Della is the most genuine, selfless person and I really loved her characters. A Story of two people from two different worlds colliding in a whirlwind of lust and love.

A jam packed emotional rea
Jan
Wow! I loved Heartless it took my breath away.

It was everything I loved, enemies to lovers, Secret baby, Insta love, second chance romance and in the mix fan me down hot with great characters. It was like eating my favourite cake with my choice toppings.

Della hasn't had it easy life, she's studying hard at college after losing both her mother and father and taken in by a woman who she now looks at like a mother who also takes care of her younger sister while Della has the chance to get her qua
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
I actually loved this one even though it was rushed and very much on the cheesy side. It’s all good, I like cheese sometimes!
Tamara Harrington
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am 100% a Screw Crew Babe! 4.5 heartless stars.
I was absolutely over excited for this series as I am a fan of Michelle's work and she has not disappointed at all. Della and Carter have chemistry that is absolutely off the hinges hot and because of a series of unfortunate events, things don't go as planned. This book is filled with drama and intrigued and keeps you on your toes. This is a perfect example of how opposites attract as Della and Carter could not be more opposite if they tried. This
EpicRomanceReviews
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Explosively Sexy Screw Crew Stars!

HEARTLESS by Michelle Horst stole my heart!!! I love me an uber angsty enemies to lovers tale and this one was jam packed with so much delish! We have LOVE. LUST. ANGER. BETRAYAL. REVENGE. MISTRUST. FRIENDSHIP. SECRETS. LIES. And a SOUL-BURNING PASSION that cannot be contained! There is so much riveting drama from start to finish and I am still riding an euphoric high!

This scintillating release, which features volatile Alpha male Carter Hayes, and Della Trum
Neringa Neringiukas
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy this types of stories, so I couldn't wait for this book. Though I was apprehensive at the same time. I wasn't sure about the part where in the blurb said she new about the bet, but Della still let Carter in. I'm not fan of this, but I didn't let it to discourage me, because at the end you need to find out for yourself how author express it. Will I love it? Or will I hate it? And I have to say Michelle did a marvellous job! That part didn't bothered me at all. It's actually has different ...more
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
So I was two minded about this book, a book about guys making a bet, but I have to say that Michelle put my mind at ease when I started this book. I was hooked from the beginning.

Della is a women who hasn't had an easy childhood, now all she lives for is working, finishing her studies and taking care of herself and her sister. This is how she first meets the guys, the screw crew' at the diner where she works. Della overhears them making a bet about who can bed her first and she knows she should
Nova
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Michelle Horst and it wasn’t my last.

We first meet Della Trueman and Carter Hayes whilst they are in college. Della is totally focused on getting her degree in graphic design and wants nothing more than to provide her younger sister Jamie with the life she dreams of. Carter is part of the Screw Crew, five college guys playing the field. After a misunderstanding between Della and Carter he goes out of his way to show her why he has the name HEARTLESS. Although he fights
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is book one in the Enemies to Lovers series. I love this authors stories and this was no different. Again Michelle has captivated me with her story.

Della and Carter are totally opposites. The chemistry between them is off the charts. Carter is part of the Screw Crew. He doesn't want to fall in love or settle down but sometimes fate interferes. Della has had a tough life and I was hoping she would find happiness.

After reading the blurb I didn't think I'd like Carter and the Screw Crew but
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
Read on behalf of Two Darlin' Dolls and a Book Review.

"I crave more from life than the monotonous existence that small town has to offer. I want to experience everything life has to offer. I want to be independent. I want to travel. I want to live."

I freaking LOVED this book. I'm a sucker for enemies to lovers stories but this was more than that. This is also a heartwarming story of love lost and second chances. Honestly this book will grab you from the prologue.

"Once in a while, someone will br
Judy Miracle
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!!! Screw Crew babe 100%!!!!

I wanted to strangle Carter in this book.. even after I still want to strangle him for a few things hehe.

But all in all, I loved the characters. Della is a strong willed, independent person who knows how to take care of herself. She's at school and only has a short time left before she graduates and earns her degree. Carter... well, to be honest, he's a heartless jerk... But behind the heartlessness of him, there's more to him. Over time he did win me over
Vivi
4.5 stars!

I really, REALLY, Liked this book! ❤

Carter is a total Alpha guy and a bit of a control freak, BUT he is totally sweet and in love with Della... eventually ;)

Della is strong, brave, idependent! And she kicks ass! I fricking loved her!

I only wish the book was longer so there could have been an even better development of their story and a longer epilogue (give me more, more scenes and details, please).

This is a series I will DEFINITELY be following! (And I'm not even a series type of rea
Pamela Lilley
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, sexy, enemies to lovers romance told in dual POV. Carter Hayes is rich, privileged and kind of an a$$hole, he’s ruthless and if you get on his wrong side, for whatever reason, he'll make your life a living hell. Della Truman just wants to finish college, go back home and take care of her family. No hassle, no relationships, just study, work and provide for her loved ones, however, once she gets on Carter’s radar life takes a complicated turn. I love enemies to lovers and Heartless did ...more
Hanan
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved this book!
The Screw Crew is a group of 5 young men who are a tight net group of friends with the bond of brothers.
They are really good guys with hearts of gold. Even if some of them are manwhores.
Heartless is Carter's story.
Carter Hayes is a gorgeous hunk of a man.
He studies hard,takes life seriously,doesn't do dating or relationships and the ladies that chose to be with him know the score. He's rich and preparing to take over his fathers business when he retires.
He's loyal to a
Pat
I am so happy that I discover this book and I only discover this because I read KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛'s Review ,and I thought to myself I will read Heartless and then I did a little bit more of searching then I was intrigued by the premise and everything and is an enemies to lovers book so I thought why not , so I bought the book on amazon and I am so happy that I did it <3
This author as magic with words , I was into this story so much that I was feeling , that I was the main
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Heartless
An enemies to lovers book #1

Della Truman is studying Graphic Design while working at Rameses which is Diner/ bar to support herself until she can finish school.
Carter Hayes a hot bad boy who is part of the Screw Crew, which is a group of 5 mates who have a strong bond, they are like family, every girls wants to be screwed by them and every guy wants to be one of them.
Carter has trust issues. His mother left when he was young. He doesn't trust easy and can count on his fingers the peop
Konny
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You want to read this book, believe me !
Heartless by Michelle Horst is the first book in the Enemies to Lovers Series.
Heartless is a stand-alone full.length romance novel.
Meet Carter Hayes, hes at his last semester at college and about to work together with his father in his very successful publishing house. He and ghis friends are part of a infamous crew. The girls go to great length to become a notch at their post. They think of him as heartless.
And there is Della Truman, a senior in college t
Janice Somers
I really enjoyed this story. It has just the right amount of angst, heat and sexual tension, with some very dirty sex.
Della is in her last semester of college and studying for her last finals. She lives with 3 other college students and she works as a waitress at Rameses, a bar/diner that is popular with the college students. She doesn't have a social life and her goal is finish school and get back to her home to Jamie and Sue. She has plans Graduate with a degree, then get a job and then get my
Jamie Guellar (IScream Books)
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heartless is my first read from Michelle Horst and the first installment to the Enemies to Lovers series. I really liked it, It had some angst, hate and let’s not forget lust.
Carter is a member of the Screw Crew. Rich and privileged and leaving a trail of broken hearts. Just don’t get in his way.
Della Truman just wants to get through school and help take care of her family. Once Carter sets his sights on Della, there’s nothing stopping him from getting what he wants.
What is it about a man tha
Lorie
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I love the total asshole prick guys. And Carter is seriously a heartless prick. The meaner he was the hotter he got. He's the perfect alpha jerk, and I totally fell in love with him. With the first mean words out of his mouth, Carter had me hook line and sinker.

I devoured this yummy enemies to lovers story in record time. While the story wasn't deep and it moved sort of fast, it was still a quick and satisfying read. It soothed the itch I had for hot, exciting, and alpha.

An advanced re
Kaci Stewart
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has it all. Anger, lust, love, angst. Insta-love followed by hate followed by a slow rebuild of can and cannots. Carter and Della truly are not a fan of each other...like at all. But overall this book is about second chance love and finding your true mate. There were a few things in this book that surprised me, a few twists and turns that I didn't necessary see coming and that made it that much more intriguing. This was my first book by Michelle Horst and I'm interested to see what is ...more
Courtney Turner
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC reader, and I am voluntarily giving my honest review.

One word addicted! I can not wait to read about all these boys. Carter and Della's story is heartbreaking, intense but oh so sweet. They have a very intense start. And when they reunite after 4 years their lives change very fast. Their story is complicated but you won't be able to stop reading! Can't wait for the next book in this series!
Please find me under my new profile Michelle Heard.

This profile is no longer being used.

Michelle Heard is a Bestselling Romance Author who loves creating stories her readers can get lost in. She loves an alpha hero who is not afraid to fight for his woman.

Want to be up to date with what’s happening in Michelle’s world? Sign up to receive the latest news on her alpha hero releases, sales, and great
More about Michelle Horst

Enemies to Lovers (5 books)
  • Reckless (Enemies To Lovers #2)
  • Careless (Enemies To Lovers #3)
  • Ruthless (Enemies To Lovers #4)
  • Shameless (Enemies To Lovers #5)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)