Start by marking “The Spring Girls” as Want to Read:
The Spring Girls

The Spring Girls

Four sisters desperately seeking the blueprints to life—the modern-day retelling of Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women like only Anna Todd (After, Imagines) could do.

Published January 2nd 2018 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Spring Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spring Girls

New Moon by Stephenie MeyerPractical Magic by Alice HoffmanLandscape with Solitary Figure by Shonagh KoeaLove Letters of the Great War by Mandy KirkbyLife in the Garden by Penelope Lively
Floral covers
74 books — 5 voters
A Midsummer Night's Dream by William ShakespeareThe Long Winter by Laura Ingalls WilderSilent Spring by Rachel CarsonThe Winter's Tale by William ShakespeareProdigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
The Four Seasons
1,000 books — 69 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Spring Girls
The Library Lady
A simple summary of the plot of what Todd thinks is "Little Women 2017."

Marmee is a lush, Meg is a slut trying to marry John "Mr West Point" Brooke and forget her former boyfriend, Beth is agoraphobic except when she's heading to Disney World with the family and Amy is a cipher. Father is Regular Army, and comes home with major injuries and PTSD.

And here we go again with someone from Team Jo and Laurie. Laurie is a white blond bore, Jo whines because she wants to leave home and be a journalist,
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Stand-alone.
Release: January 2, 2017
Pre-order: | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |
Blurb:
The Spring Girls—Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy—are a force of nature on the New Orleans military base where they live. As different as they are, with their father on tour in Iraq and their mother hiding something, their fears are very much the same. Struggling to build lives they can be proud of and that will lift them out of their humble station in life, one year will determine all that their futures can become.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Dec 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2017
I think it's very brave to take on a beloved classic and do a modern remake. Personally, I was curious to see how Anna Todd's version would turn out to be. I have not read the original novel, only seen movie versions, so I do not have to compare THE SPRING GIRLS to the original book. If you have read LITTLE WOMEN or seen any of the movies you already know the book is about four young sisters, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy and their lives and dreams in Massachusetts in the 19th century.

READ THE REST OF
Katherine
”We were a force of nature, the four of us Spring Girls.”

This cesspool of a review is once again dedicated to my favorite little woman Emer. I read this so you didn’t have to, cause that’s what friends are for.

This review is also dedicated to the 20-year-old Christian Bale. You will always and forever be the perfect Laurie Laurence.

photo c20ddce53c3ab97d60086e6418ab1989_zpsexk7v1ou.gif

It’s official folks: This is the worst book I have read this year. A Simple Favor, you’ve been demoted; I didn’t think anything could be worse than you, but this
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I told myself I was swearing off of Anna Todd books before and yet here I am reviewing yet another one. Why would I stop reading them, you ask? Because they always make me a bit crazy! Why do I keep reading them? Because I can’t stop!

Written in the first person, broken into chapters for each sister, this is the story of four sisters. For those of you that have a big family, you know how crazy the family life can be. The author hits the crazy level quickly between the infighting and the
Elle's Book Blog
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: womens-fiction
Release Date: January 2, 2017
Genre: Modern Retelling of Little Women

It makes me sad to see the low ratings and reviews for this novel because I thought the book was very well written and interesting to read. Perhaps those who are not looking for an exact replica of Little Women will enjoy this one? I sure did.

Anna Todd does a wonderful job at bringing these characters to life. Each one of them are different from the other and I could feel the clashes between them. This never took away from
Jen Ryland
Nov 30, 2017 marked it as setting-aside-for-now  ·  review of another edition
While I'm open to the idea of a re-imagining of Little Women, the part of The Spring Girls that I read didn't get me on board with this author's re-intrepretation of these beloved characters. Setting aside.

A tiny bit of background: I LOVE Little Women. Okay, the original does have its tedious aspects - the slow pace and the preachy parts - but the heart of story is about four sisters, their relationships with each another, and their journey to womanhood. That part of the story is pure gold.
Elaine
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2.5/5

This is based on the classic, Little Women by Louisa M Alcott, and endeavours to rewrite the original with a modern twist. I suspect this will prove to be one of those stories you’ll absolutely love or be somewhat ambivalent about. Unfortunately, I’m in the latter category. Yes, I did read and finish it but I struggled to do so. I found it difficult to relate to the characters, I felt little or no connection to them or their plights - which is very unusual for me! It is
Jenn
So this was my Anna Todd novel and I was not impressed. And to say that this was a modern Little Women retelling was an insult. I'm not trying to be mean, it just seemed like the author really missed the mark in capturing what made the original book so endearing to people.

I hated it.

I'm honestly not quite sure what Todd was trying to create here. Little Women is a story about family - the good, the bad, the ups, the downs, but in the end you knew they looked out for each other. The family in
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

92778ef1399f34969393cef3349b3d

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott has been always one of my favorite reads. This classic gem was one unforgettable read that showcased strength, resiliency, family, love, and all the feels. It will always be remembered as the book that made me fall in love with Meg, Beth, Amy and Jo March. And so when I heard Anna Todd was doing a modern retelling of the book, titled The Spring Girls, I knew I had to get my hands on this book.

#TheSpringGirls

Though
Meg
Nov 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Spring Girls by Anna Todd is a modern retelling of Little Women, which is, let’s be honest, every little girl’s favorite book. I was so excited to read this! I I love Louisa May Alcott and I love retellings of classics!

In The Spring Girls, Meg is a personal makeup artist to their wealthy neighbor, Mrs. King, Jo is counting the days until she can graduate and move to New York City, shy Beth is homeschooled, and Amy is there, too. The family is having mysterious financial worries, even though
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This is a modern day version of Little Women that was like looking into the window of a home I was walking by and zooming in on a snapshot of the family’s daily life. Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy are the Spring Girls, they live with their mum Meredith who is doing her best to raise them in their father’s absence overseas serving in the military. They live on an Army base and move around every few years or so and money is tight for them.

The story is set in today’s world but at times often felt like it
Karen Mc
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

”Never, ever, let anyone take your strength. Don’t let anyone make you feel less than whole, and if they try, show them who you are.”

A CHARMING and COMPELLING coming-of-age saga that paints a vivid picture of sisterhood and the strong family bond, The Spring Girls grabs you and never lets go. This Little Women-inspired read is so RIVETING and RELATABLE. The setting of New Orleans and Germany were places I’ve lived or heavily frequented. I instantly related to the mother, Meredith, an Army
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A retelling of Little women . A story of a woman and her 4 daughters and how they come about in age when their mom is struggling at home as dad is away serving the country.
The story is interesting in the sense the daily struggles of teenage girls, their budding awareness of their sexuality, their surroundings and entailing realizations

description

I found the characters not clearly etched, but thats just me.
Meg is the eldest , she's supposedly the leader and her mom's shoulder to prop on. But her physical
Gwen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-books
Had I not paid money for this book, it’s likely I wouldn’t have finished it. It is likely that my expectations for a “modern retelling” of my beloved Little Women were too high. I found that instead of the modern retelling I was hoping for, Ms. Todd used limited parts of Little Women (character names, limited characteristics of and facts about some characters) mostly as a jumping off point for her own story, which in very few ways mirrored the happenings and themes of the original. I found her ...more
Judy Collins
Love Cassandra Campbell (one of the narrators). My favorite childhood book, Little Women. An entertaining Modern-Day Retelling. Highly recommend the audiobook.
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

The New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of the After series Anna Todd brings a modernized retelling of Louisa May Alcott’s classic Little Women to life in The Spring Girls.

I am not going to give you too much background for this book, almost everyone has heard of Little Women, but if you haven’t just know that it is a story of four sisters trying to find their place in the world while also trying to find themselves. That is
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
A shaky 2 because I have several issues with how this was retold. Though I did enjoy one serious plot correction and also that Amy remains The Worst, no matter how many times and ways this is adapted.
Rissa
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The spring girls 3.5
“If Christmas were a person, it would be Beth”
Jo is a writer. She is writing for the school newspaper. Jo is kind and caring and responsible. And you know the sisters and Laurie. Beth and Meg and Amy. Seeing them in our time period was fun and new and even though i saw Little Women play last year I didnt think of them in our time i thought of them as bringing the past to us.

We are dealing with school the internet Black Friday shopping first dates at the fair. We see phones
Readingbringsjoy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Lets just first off by saying that this cover is absolutely stunning and goes perfectly with the title of the book. The moment I saw the cover I thought to myself that this book would look beautiful sitting on a bookshelf. As I looked more closely at the cover I saw that it was a modern-day retelling of Little Women. I was very intrigued to see what Todd would do with my beloved characters of Little Women.

Let me first off by saying that this is a VERY modern take on Little Women. I am talking
Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd)
DNFd 15 minutes into the audiobook. I don’t like the writing, I’m wary about the premise, and the way the characterization was going was abysmally tragic. Little Women is one of my all time favorite books and I don’t want to subject myself to someone ruining my favorite characters. No thanks.
lacy
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A special thank you goes out to Netgalley, Gallery books, and Simon and Schuster for allowing me to read this early. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

You guys don't understand how excited I was and still am for this book! It's a modern retelling of Little Women! How much more awesome can that get! I don't really talk about classics a lot because I haven't read a lot and I don't want to sound uneducated. But I adore Little Women, even if I haven't completed the entire series yet. It was one
Roxanne
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley and Gallery Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Jo, Beth, Meg and Amy are military brats on a base outside of New Orleans. Meg is in a relationship with John but still caught in in feelings for Shia. But she really wants to be an officer's wife doesn't she? Jo wants to see the world, but when she meets Laurie suddenly she wonders if she can have it all.

Beth just wants to play music, and Amy wants to be Meg more than anything. While Meg hopes to leave
Nic
Dec 28, 2017 added it
I love Anna Todd's writing style, the After series is book crack to me. I have been looking forward to reading The Spring Girls, but sadly this book just wasn't for me. I do however, look forward to future releases from this author.

*I was provided a complimentary copy by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*
Ashley
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I’m a goner for anything Little Women related - however this adaption wasn’t my favorite. It was just too far from the original, and I totally understand this is an interpretation, it just wasn’t for me. I did appreciate how the author modernized the characters and included an LGBTQ element.

Thanks, Net-Galley for the ARC!
Booknerdingout
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited when I found out Anna Todd was writing a modern retelling of Little Women. Please know going in, this book is not an exact retelling. The book is well written and I really liked it. I was impressed with how spot on the author was able to create the family dynamic. It felt real and very relatable. I did feel like there were some difference in the characters from the original book. However, I did enjoy The Spring Girls.
Charlotte Blickle
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!
At the beginning I didn't quite know what to expect but I really enjoyed it like a lot!
It was so fun and unexpected and I actually could identify with a lot of the characters!
I actually took a few important life messages from this and would really recommend this!

Here’s my YouTube review: https://youtu.be/2MF0NfA7H7I
Manon Chartier
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: eloïse-books
I honestly don’t remember little women so I can’t judge that book as a retelling but I really enjoyed the story and the characters !
Amy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Little Womenfans, here is the modern-day retelling that you didn't know you needed.

Anna Todd, whose After series fulfilled every Harry Styles' fan's fantasies, takes on the March sisters, here with the surname Spring. Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy are living in New Orleans with their mother Meredith while their father is stationed in the Middle East. Todd nails the sense of fear, uncertainty, and loneliness that the girls feel in the absence of their father. She also does a solid job of representing
Heather C
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, jan-2018
First and foremost, please don't let my rating fool you. Sometimes people see three stars and they immediately think that it is a negative review. That is definitely not the case. I enjoyed The Spring Girls and really thought it was written well. There was just something missing for me so in a sense, the rating is a bit false. I felt I needed to say that because I think a lot of people will like this book as long as you go into it with an open mind.

The Spring Girls is a modern day re-telling of

• Tiché roky
  • Zmizení Sáry Lindertové
  • Malakai (Malakai #1)
  • 6 ans
  • Il primo giorno della mia vita
  • Mira
  • Cool Girl!
  • Černooká
ANNA TODD (Author/Writer/Producer) is the New York Times bestselling author of the After series of books, The Spring Girls, and the recent The Brightest Stars.

Always an avid reader, Todd began writing stories on her phone on Wattpad, the reading and writing multiplatform for original stories, with After becoming its most-read series with over 1.5 billion reads.

The print edition of After was
“If the past and present both kind of sucked, and no one seemed to learn from their mistakes, why wouldn’t I be looking to the future? The future was sort of all I had to look forward to.” Jo” 0 likes
“I dreamed of the day I could write words that people would actually read. (...) I would even be fine if one lonely person bought anything I wrote and felt somewhat connected with it -- heck, if they just finish the thing I'd be thrilled. Beth always told me I was too hard on myself, too eager for the future and too quick to be offended." Jo” 0 likes