Start by marking “Burn For Me (Into The Fire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Burn For Me (Into The Fire, #1)

Burn For Me

(Into the Fire #1)

One alpha man.
One bossy woman.
A fire that won’t die.

I messed up.
Once upon a time, Amelia was my everything.
Until she wasn’t.
I’m home now, and I want her back.
She’s never forgiven me for something I didn’t even do.
I’ve never forgiven her for believing the worst.
One look and the years apart go up in smoke.
The minute I lay eyes on Amelia, I’m hard for her.
Again.
That smart
230 pages
Published September 28th 2017 (first published September 24th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Burn For Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn For Me

Start your review of Burn For Me (Into The Fire, #1)
Felicia
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fuck this book. Seriously. I could not wait for it to be over. My gosh. It's a 240 page book and it took me damn near a week to finish. Like that's awful. Especially when I can finish a book this size in a few hours. -.-

Amelia and Cade dated for a mean ass minute when they were young. Shit happened. People lied. Shit was blown out of proportion. And they broke up. Well, seven years later they run into each other. Amelia is hot off running from her almost wedding and Cade is moving back to their
Coco.V
Dec 22, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/22/2017)! ...more
Hbeebti
Honestly this was ok. It was a little repetitive. Also I felt like Amelia being tall(5'11) was this big issue and men looked at her like she was manly because of her size. I just didn't like that. Her height was brought up repeatedly. And she talked about settling her someone who didn't love her because that was all she thought she could have. I don't think I would continue with this series.
Obsessive Book Whore
My first time with this author and I am in loveee! This book was full of hot firefighters, a smidge of drama and A LOT of second chance lovin'. I am super excited to start the next book in this series.

Amelia and Cade went from hot and heavy to a pile of ash when a misunderstanding with a jealous "friend" ended their soul deep relationship. Seven years later, she's a runnaway bride on the same day Cade moves back to town. There was a lot of hurt and stubbornness on both parts, but I hated how
Jessica {Litnoob}

While the story itself was a quick listen and ultimately interesting enough it didn’t land the way second chances usually do with me. There was a whole lot of telling me, telling me their history, telling me their feelings, telling me their current set up. There was no show, I didn’t get to see the feelings bloom or burn or fester so I wasn’t invested at all. Not a bad couple hours spent but not something I’ll seek out more of either.
Pam Nelson
Ok by the time I got to chapter 33 I felt like I have read the ending before. Its so odd.

The rest of the book felt new. It was ok, I liked the second chance at love stuff but Amelia being so jealous I just didn’t like that considering Cade likes her so much.

I just wished it was I don’t know so less angsty/drama. The best thing about this book is Alaska.

Loved the narration too.
Faith89
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-review
copy received for honest review
The story started off pretty good. Amelia getting drunk in a bar wearing a wedding dress, getting into a fight and being rescued by her old high school sweetheart. AT that point I was loving Amelia and excited to get into the story. After that, it kind of fell off for me. Amelia is not the dainty girl next door. She is an amazonian beauty with insecurities. She is intimidating to most men except Cade. He accepts who she is and loves her to distraction. A
Judy
Second chance romance. Love the way this author writes her alpha-possessive firefighter heroes. There's a seven year separation before they reunite. The reason for that separation was a little silly IMO. Still a good read but not as good as book 2 in the series. Book 2, Slow Burn, can be read as a stand alone without reading book 1. First time author for me and I will probably read more of her books.
Kitty
I liked that she was tall
I get that sometimes you setlle for less because you think it is all you deserve.
I just got annoyed really fast about why they broke up. that was so lame, lame and lame
I ponder reading the next book
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was a good read. Amelia and Cade used to date. Due to a misunderstanding they broke up and it got ugly. Neither ever got over each other and they decide to give it another try. My problem is that Amelia yet again almost ruined everything due to letting stuff get to her. However, the important thing is that they got it to work in the end and finally got their happy ending.
Nicole
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-favs
I enjoyed the two mc in this one; Cade and Amelia. They had a huge true love romance when they were younger but because of Amelia’s “best friend” Shannon something happens and they are done for. Cade leaves to become a hotshot firefighter. He happens to waltz back into town on Amelia’s wedding day where she left her fiance. They instantly connect again but are both too stubborn to talk about the elephant in the room. To be honest that got kinda annoying. They finally hashed things out and are on ...more
Line Bookaholic
Cute, lovely and romantic. Exactly what I needed to read :)
Ana Rita
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you know that author that can hook you up with just the cover? Well this Gal it the one for me. I've read several books from her and I can't get enough
J. H. Croix has an intense, hot and fantastic writing that will make you burn with desire and so much more...
Burn For Me is just another fantastic book... Jeez, and tells the stories of Amelia and Cade.
These two had the future figured out. They will get married until their deaths threw them apart but things got out of hand and one
Erica Paré
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. I really enjoyed that Croix included in the beginning of the book that this was a happy ending book because I was a little worried at a few spots. We follow the love story that had a seven year break! Amelia and Cade are both described as very very stubborn people and that may have cost them years of happiness. Thankfully they are able to put away their stubbornness long enough to really see what is going on between them and what happen all those years ago. I have to say ...more
Heather
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A love lost then found again.
When high school love was ran off course but neither can truly move on burn for me is the result. A boycotted wedding and a bar fight start off our reunion love and internal battleground of letting the smoldering love burn.
This author's is more addictive than chocolate!
Marissa Chavez
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amelia + Cade =

I really enjoyed getting to know Amelia and Cade. They definitely brought the heat! They were such a fun couple. I was glad to see they got their happy ending.

Can't wait to read more of this series.
Dorel
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This 1st book's story was good. I liked the hot & steamy scenes. I liked Amelia's character. I liked Cade's character. I liked the ending.
IsaRay
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Free on iBooks. Too slow, skipped a lot of pages, reason for breakup rather lame.
Pat Christie
Ebook

He’s a firefighter, she’s a builder, they were high school sweethearts but let a misunderstanding separate them. He’s home and they are back together. Lots of sexy scenes.
Anna M
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow burn

Really liked the first book but Amelia seem like a contradiction. Strong female character yet she didn't have enough faith in her relationship. The reason for her insecurity just didn't match the make up of who she was. Still enjoyed it though.
Di
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J.H. Croix knows how to write a story that not only is steamy but gets to me every time. This new series Into The Fire is definitely going to be hot hot hot if this first book is anything to go by. Cade is a hotshot firefighter and returns home after 7 years, avoiding his hometown because of the only woman he loved, Amelia. After a manipulative bi*** comes between them, Amelia avoids all talks and anything to with Cade for 7 years until he comes home. He catches her on one of the worst night's ...more
Alisa
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Good second chance romance. This was my first book by this author, so I didn't know what to expect. Cade and Amelia were in a relationship since high school. However, lies and jealousy ripped them apart and that's how they remained for seven years. When Amelia ends a relationship and Cade comes home, the sparks fly. It was a sweet second chance at love with a little danger, steamy bedroom scenes (they had to reacquainted) and hot firefighters. You had me at hot firefighter!
Christine
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arc review For honest review. Ameilia owns her own construction company. cade is a firefighter .after leaving her wedding she runs into a bar in Alaska she heard cade after seven years. this is a story of when your mind is saying one thing and your heart is saying another and then there is chemistry .what a great story of love.
SouthernAngel
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazingly fantastic start to a series:
A blazing second chance journey that will suck you in and leave you wanting more. I can't wait to read more from this series.
I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book.
SouthernAngel
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazingly fantastic start to a series:
I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book.
Susanne M.
Good Read

This was my first Croix read. Was quick, had a few simple yet steamy scenes, no cheating or cliffhanger and you get a happy ending. It's missing something that would push this to a great read, but definitely worth your while to kick back and enjoy.
Clarissa
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.75 stars. I saw this promoted on fb and thought I'd try it. First time reading this author.
Amelia
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To say that I have been highly anticipating BURN FOR ME is an accurate statement. First, I truly love stories with firefighters, those brave individuals who repeatedly put their lives on the line. Then there is the added bonus of having a heroine with my own first name, thus making it even easier for me to picture myself in her place! And since the hero is definitely very tempting, I just knew there would be lots of moments making fantasies come true, and I was absolutely right. J.H. Croix ...more
Sleepless
Disappointing!

I have so much respect for the men and women who are first responders to firestorms and the explosive nature of their work! I was hoping for some real insights procedurally to grasp their enourmous service to this country! I wa sorry that heroism was just a plotline!
The protagonists were not well developed and the endless longing for each other was repetitive!
So, I accept the inevitable machinations these stories replay to death, about why the couple shouldn't be togather! Lame,
Angela
Feb 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE!
DNF after less than an hour of listening.
This audio CD was in the wrong container I borrowed from a free little library. I thought, What the heck, I'll give it a go.
BAD move! This novel is one of the most vomitous I've had the misfortune to stumble across.
I listened to the first two chapters in full and then about 5 minutes each of the next 5 (skipping to the next chapter after realising that chapter was only going to repeat the boring-as-f scenario that had already been established).

This is the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Romance Retreat: Burn For Me - Excerpt 1 8 Oct 15, 2018 04:12PM

• Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • When We Left (Timber Creek, #1)
  • Fall Fast (SEALs Undone, #5)
  • Taking the Heat (O'Neil Brothers #3)
  • Playing with Fire (Texas Firefighters #1)
  • Tempting Levi (Cade Brothers, #1)
  • Montana Hero (Big Sky Mavericks, #6)
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Twice Shy (The Power of Love, #1)
  • Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins, #5)
  • Falling for the Boss (The Summer Sisters, #2)
  • Dirty Player (Back to You, #2)
  • Someone to Watch Over Me (The Thorntons, #5)
  • The Cowboy's Secret Bride (Turners vs Coopers, #1)
  • Ariel, Always Enough (Iron Orchids #1)
  • Oscar (The Davenports #1)
  • Kiss A Cowboy (Kiss A Cowboy Series Book One)
  • First Instinct (Hammond Brothers, #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author J. H. Croix lives in a small town in the historical farmlands of Maine with her husband and two spoiled dogs. Croix writes steamy contemporary romance with strong independent women and rugged alpha men who aren't afraid to show some emotion. Her love for quirky small-towns and the characters that inhabit them shines through in her writing. Take a walk on the wild side ...more

Into the Fire (10 books)
  • Slow Burn (Into The Fire, #2)
  • Burn So Bad (Into The Fire, #3)
  • Hot Mess (Into The Fire, #4)
  • Burn So Good (Into The Fire, #5)
  • Sweet Fire (Into The Fire, #6)
  • Play With Fire (Into The Fire, #7)
  • Melt With You (Into The Fire #8)
  • Burn For You (Into The Fire #9)
  • Crash & Burn (Into The Fire #10)