Start by marking “The Alien Mind” as Want to Read:
The Alien Mind

The Alien Mind

When a group of aliens called the Aruk abduct Rivinaig and several other children, they are thrown into the adventure of a lifetime. The Aunantet, a benevolent race of aliens, rescue the children and adopt them into their culture and raised them as if they belong.

The children's new families teach them how to harness the full capacity of their minds, enabling them to defy
Kindle Edition, Third Edition
Published August 2017 (first published December 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Alien Mind, please sign up.
V.L. Jennings Nothing very blatant- The main characters are around 14 yrs of age after all.
Dan and Rivi become close friends and come to rely on each other. There…more
Nothing very blatant- The main characters are around 14 yrs of age after all.
Dan and Rivi become close friends and come to rely on each other. There is something budding in this book but I won't go into it really until the next book ;)
(less)

Kami
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
This book was gifted to me by the author for an honest review.

“A group of aliens, calling themselves the Aruk, defied their home planet's government and
launched an attack on earth. In the dark of night they appeared into various houses in various towns all over the Earth. The Aruk attacked the Earth families in their homes and then kidnapped 150 children.”

The children are taught by the aliens how to use more of their brain capacity and to manifest psychic powers like telekinesis. The good aliens
Sheila
A middle grade science fiction novel, Virginia Jennings’ The Alien Mind blends ideas from Superman, X-Men and the 4400 with (sometimes confusing) hints of science, a nicely imagined fourth dimension, and the (idealistic) joys of American freedom, all in a set-piece type sci-fi novel.

Protagonist Rivi is a teenage girl abducted as a small child by aliens, rescued by other aliens, and ready, at last, to reveal herself to the United States. She and her friends have superpowers, but her friends are o
Kendra
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute story I was given by the author to review. I think the target audience is more for 4th-8th grade, but I still enjoyed it. It was a light read, but with plenty of depth and background to make it a really good story. Rivi is a 14 year old girl who as a young girl was kidnapped by aliens, along with 149 other kids and babies, tortured to see how much they could handled, and then eventually rescued by another group of aliens where they were taken in and given families. They were taugh ...more
Clay Gilbert
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE ALIEN MIND is the sort of book that exhibits the highest potential of two genres: the childrens'/young adult novel and the science fiction novel. It offers a portrait of a believable young protagonist, along with other characters, both child and adult, who we come to care about. Yes, it does deal with an alien-invasion scenario familiar to lovers of the science fiction genre, but one thing about being an SF fan is enjoying these themes while also embracing their variations. No one could ever ...more
Edward
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
An Uplifting Adventure!!

The Alien Mind, by Virginia Jennings is an charming novel very appropriate for the 3rd to 8th grade markets. A young girl named Rivinaig, Rivi for short, and 150 other young children were kidnapped by a rebel faction of an alien race called the Aruk. The Aunantet, another group of aliens rescue them, raise them as their own, and teach them to use the hidden powers of their minds. The major events in the story follows the then 14 year old Rivi's adventures after she is ret
Bruce Goldwell
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a book I want to share with my grand kids. I am one of those kind of people who read a few pages of a book before I head to the checkout counter to buy it. Suck me into a story in the first few pages and I am more likely than not to buy the book. I saw another review that mentioned that this is a movie in text and I have to agree. This would really make for a cute animated movie for kids. I hope lots of people buy this book and help put it up there in the top ranking so Virgin ...more
Angus
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a young adult science fiction work this book is an excellent starter for readers beginning to exercise new skills. The plot follows the journey of a child who was raised by aliens and reintroduced to earth as a way of safeguarding her from attack. Young readers will enjoy Rivi sticking it to bullies, using her mind to shape her world and facing her fears to do what is right.

I enjoyed reading The Alien Mind and I would recommend it as a great choice for young people beginning to read on their
D.L. Gardner
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennings is an incredible scientist. I'm not. I love her book Alien Mind and the audience it's meant for. She doesn't mess around with the science, and though she lost me, I'm sure there are some young active minds that will love this!
Gloria Pearson-Vasey
This is an imaginative science fiction story for the young and young-at-heart. Virginia Jennings takes the reader to amazing places in cyberspace and the universe.
Colin Rowlands
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
While this book is aimed at a younger audience, it still provides an interesting read for other fans of science fiction with a well-realised world and likable characters.

The main character in this book is a young girl called Rivinaig (Rivi for short) who is part of a small group of 150 children who were abducted by an alien race known as the Aruk before being later rescued by another alien race who were unable to return them to Earth at that time and instead adopted and raised them, during which
Ashley Tomlinson
Even though this is a book written for a younger audience I was still able to enjoy it. I'm well into my twenty's now and I still found this book very interesting. I was iffy at first but I stuck through it until the end and I'm glad I did.
Barbara Ann
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sci-fi story that is family friendly. While the target audience is nine through twelve, the plot and characters are developed enough to be enjoyed by young adult and adult fans of science fiction. There is a nice mix of science, moral lessons, adventure and time travel. I read the black and white paperback version of this book that is also available in a Kindle version with color photographs. No doubt that would make the book even more appealing for middle grade readers.

An alien group
Faye Hollidaye
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA Sci-Fi fans
An amazing, interesting, intriguing, and unique story! I enjoyed it, as I'm sure many others will, but must say it needs proper editing. If you can get past an overuse of ellipses, random typos/misspellings, and other small technical errors like that, I highly recommend this clean read to any who enjoy a good interplanetary adventure. (Mostly for young adults and kids though, I feel.)
Mike Zug sr.
Dec 13, 2012
Meri Dwyer
Mar 12, 2016
V.L. Jennings
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
PDMI Publishing LLC
Dec 30, 2015
Isabella Musara
Jul 10, 2019
V.L. Jennings
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Oct 22, 2015
Nathan Daniels
Jan 21, 2013
Amy
Feb 25, 2014

• The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Collectors Edition (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-3)
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
  • Divided against Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #2)
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • The Search for Artemis (The Chronicles of Landon Wicker, #1)
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • The Intruders
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
  • Ship of Souls
  • Andy McBean and the War of the Worlds (The Amazing Adventures of Andy McBean #1)
  • Flury: Journey of a Snowman (Claus, #3)
  • Don't Let the Wind Catch You
  • AfterLife
  • Monster in the Mirror
  • Per-Bast: A Tale of Cats in Ancient Egypt
  • Jessica
  • The Trials of Caste (Paladin of a Hidden God, #1)
  • The Confliction (The Dragoneers Saga, #3)
When V.L. Jennings isn't traveling to other worlds through her imagination, she calls Dillon, South Carolina her home. She is the author of science fiction novels "The Alien Mind" (recipient of the Readers Favorite Five Star Review Award), and "Visionary From The Stars". She is also the illustrator for Wiggle Worm's Shape Adventures.

But what motivates Virginia to create, to illustrate, to prognos
“To say that you can't do something is to kill every hope you have of ever accomplishing anything.” 0 likes