Start by marking “Good Night, Little Monsters” as Want to Read:
Good Night, Little Monsters

Good Night, Little Monsters

Kids will never see monsters the same way after this heartwarmingly sweet bedtime story that proves little monsters' bedtime routines aren't so different from everyone else's.

Good night, Frankenbaby.
Lay down your green head.
Let's loosen your bolts and tuck you in bed.
Good night, my Lochnessie.
We'll swim when we wake.
Now let's snuggle close in the deep, cool lake.

Great
Novelty Book, 20 pages
Published June 26th 2018 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Good Night, Little Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Night, Little Monsters

Start your review of Good Night, Little Monsters
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile
What a cute book!! I might save this for a storytime at the library!
Baby Bookworm
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is Good Night, Little Monsters, written by Kara LaReau and illustrated by Brian Won, a sweet bedtime story with a slightly spooky twist.

Readers are introduced to young monsters going through their bedtime routines – ones that they will recognize as similar to their own, while also being distinctly monsterly. A young “Frankenbaby” has his bolts loosened before he
zapkode
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – One of the more entertaining bedtime stories I have had the pleasure to read. I really enjoy reading stories that are Holiday themed. They help to show children the order in which Holiday’s fall throughout the year if they are read in regards to a specific Holiday.

This is a cute little bedtime story about the monsters that are generally used for dress up during Halloween by young children, but mostly in books etc. It uses a different little monster on each page and has them doing
Laura Mossa
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Monsters before bedtime? No child will be able to resist this sweet and spooky story about little monsters' bedtime rituals. Written in rhyme, Kara LaReau sweetly sharesthat monsters have similar routines such as brushing teeth, snuggling close, reading a story or singing a lullaby. I can see how this board book could be used to introuduce or reinforce bedtime routines. Brian Won's illustrations are adorable and will bring smiles and laughs. I have no doubt that Good Night, Little Monsters is a ...more
Christina Carter
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-excursion
This is the sweetest little monster book I've ever read. Brian Won's illustrations make each familiar monster look cute enough to pinch their cheeks. Kara LaReau has nailed it with this bedtime story that has rhyming goodnights that are unique to each little monster; including Frankenbaby, a zombie, a vampire, Loch Nessie, a mummy, and more. It is the perfect fit for my little readers in my K-5 library. It will fit in nicely with my collection of kid-friendly spooky reads.
Amber Webb
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kara LaReau takes her writing skills to the picture book/board book realm with "Good Night, Little Monsters." She takes all the little monsters kids can dream up and says good night to them in a rhyming tale. My daughter loved it and recognized that it would appropriate for 1-4yo range. My 5yo son asked to read it multiple times a night for three nights in a row. I'd say it's a success in our household. Children will be drawn to the little characters and enjoy the rhyming flow.
Spinster
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really cute book that my kid asks for every night. The art is adorable, although I do think the Bigfoot looks more like an Abominable Snowman. The Loch Ness Monster page could scan better (I find myself reading "deep, chilly lake" instead of "deep, cool lake"). Mummy page is my favorite.
Tayler K
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This adorable board book is a good night story for all kinds of little monsters. Each spread features a different monster baby getting ready for bedtime with their loving grown-up(s). Cute rhyming verse features different monster characteristics for a unique twist on familiar nighttime routines.
Suzanne Kunz Williams
I'm not really into monsters which is why I'm rating this book low.
Mary
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute little nighttime story. Does not mention Halloween so could be used all Fall.
Kris
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cutest little monsters ever. Tucking goblins into bed, vampires brushing fangs, and mummies getting a bed-tomb story make for a Halloween book that is sweet, not scary. Really cute for little ones.
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
Simple and adorably illustrated.
Bethe
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bedtime in monsterland! Rhyming text, engaging illustrations, good for Halloween or anytime.
Owen & Hannah Love

• The Remember Balloons
  • Duck & Goose Go to the Beach
  • Hush Now, Banshee!: A Not-So-Quiet Counting Book
  • Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug
  • Duck & Goose: Here Comes the Easter Bunny!
  • Giraffes Can't Dance
  • Duck Goes Potty
  • Shrek!
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • The Library Book
  • The Mommy Book
  • Don't Push the Button!
  • Curiosity: The Story of a Mars Rover
  • Little Cloud
  • The Sheep Who Hatched an Egg
  • It's Not the Baby
  • Thunder Boy Jr.
Kara LaReau was born and raised in Connecticut. She received her Masters in Fine Arts in Writing, Literature, and Publishing from Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts and later worked as an editor at Candlewick Press and at Scholastic Press. Among other celebrated titles, she edited Kate DiCamillo’s Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tale of Despereaux, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, and the ...more