Start by marking “Listen to Your Heart” as Want to Read:
Listen to Your Heart

Listen to Your Heart

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  11,750 ratings  ·  2,063 reviews
Talking to other people isn't Kate Bailey's favorite activity. She'd much rather be out on the lake, soaking up the solitude and sunshine. So when her best friend, Alana, convinces Kate to join their high school's podcast, Kate is not expecting to be chosen as the host. Now she'll have to answer calls and give advice on the air? Impossible.

But to Kate's surprise, she turns
Published May 29th 2018 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Listen to Your Heart, please sign up.
Emily Barnett you can most likely get this book from your local bookstore, but if your bookstore does not have it you can order it from amazon!
Rhianna Gale Yes you do! SO cute and funny! <3…moreYes you do! SO cute and funny! <3(less)
The Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWar Storm by Victoria AveyardQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
1,050 books — 5,497 voters
Save the Date by Morgan MatsonA Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. DrewsLeah on the Offbeat by Becky AlbertalliListen to Your Heart by Kasie WestLove, Life, and the List by Kasie West
2018 YA Contemporary
91 books — 141 voters

More lists with this book...

·  11,750 ratings  ·  2,063 reviews

Start your review of Listen to Your Heart
Cristina Monica
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did something terrible.

After being disappointed by my last Kasie West book, I claimed that she and I would part ways. Her books didn’t satisfy me as much anymore and I thought it was time to turn to other authors that understood me as a reader a little better.

It’s only when I noticed this new book from her that I realized how wrong I was to even think about avoiding Kasie West’s future stories. The moment I laid eyes on it, I knew, somehow, that this book and I would click.

And would you look
jessica
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
there was a time when i thought i would part ways with kasie west. i thought i had outgrown her books, but theres just something about her stories that is so entertaining and carefree; and sometimes, thats all you need in a book.

although i still think her writing is pretty basic and doesnt take a whole lot of thinking to read, she truly does come up with some of the most unique stories. i love the idea of a podcast, and an advice one at that! its so relevant and relatable.

this may not be the be
High Lady of The Night Court
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so beautiful it’s making my head hurt. I just finished the book a minute ago, literally, and I can’t stop grinning because of everything that I just read. This story is wonderful and was narrated in the perfect way. Sometimes a book can have a great concept but the execution may not be up to the par, but when I first read the blurb of this book I will admit I was bit skeptical because of the possibility of a love triangle, and that too between best friends. But now after everything ...more
Jaime Arkin
I wish I could have a new KW book to read every month of the year...
megs_bookrack
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As summer comes to an end, Kate Bailey is bummed she has to return to the classroom, instead of spending her days on the lake at her parent's marina.

Kate is a lake girl through and through and struggles to see herself ever being anywhere else.

This school year, however, Kate is going to be pushed out of her comfort zone.

At the behest of her best friend, Alana, Kate has agreed to sign up for a podcasting class.

Even though she was less than enthusiastic about it at first, she ultimately ends up be
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very, very, very cute. I just swooned the entire time. No shame.
may ❀
This was honestly one of the BETTER kasie west books that have been released recently and IM SO HAPPY, FINALLY!!

Pros
- the mc was likeable and has this massive family (extra points for big fams)
- while the whole premise is very common, there wasn't cringey, unnecessary drama and i appreciate that
- i loved the idea of the podcast and the advice thing!
- it was sickly cuuuute
- DIEGO IS THE CUTEST BOY ALIVE
- thank goodness for no girl hate when boys get involved 👏👏
- even though there was a love t
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4.5/5

Kasie West’s 10th book did NOT disappoint. This is now my second favorite, after On The Fence.
sam {inkquisitivereader}⚔
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐

This book was extremely adorable. A perfect summer read if I do say so myself (even though it isn't summer right now where I live you get what I mean). The writing was simple and it made the book all the more enjoyable.

"Guilt isn’t necessarily a great reason to do something.”

This book follows 16 year old Kathryn Bailey who, as an extreme introvert, prefers to not be in the spotlight. She'd much rather spend all her time on the lake in her family's marina. She didn't want to sign up for
Stacee
Kasie is an auto-buy author and I don’t even need to read the synopsis to know I’ll enjoy it.

I loved Kate and her group of friends. I love her passion for the lake and how she begins to love the podcast, even when she didn’t want to do it in the first time. Alana was a good BFF and her relationship with Kate was so supportive. Of course I loved Diego and even Frank was mildly charming. And the dynamic between them quickly became interesting.

Plot wise, it was mostly fluffy, but had touches of re
sarah xoxo
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Is it really summer if you don’t read at least one Kasie west or Sarah Dessen book?
I think not.

Before you look questioningly at the date this was posted- hi hello my name's Sarah and I live in Australia. The mysterious land of vegemite and backwards seasons.

So yep, summer. Kasie West.
This was exactly what I was looking for- a few hours of mindless, adorable, summery goodness.

I would definitely recommend the audiobook for this one, because a central theme of the book is podcasting, and the narrat
Jiana
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read West's books, I always tend to compare them to my favorite book by her, PS I Like You. And so far, none of the KW books I've read were as good as PS I Like You, except this one. Honestly, after finding the other KW books mediocre, I didn't have expectations going into this one. I just wanted something cute, and I knew KW would provide. However, I didn't expect to love it as much as I loved PS I Like You!!!

- Cute plot
- Diegodiegodiegoooo
- Love triangle done right
- Good female friends
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

Is there anything better than a Kasie West book?

I mean truly.

They are always feel good, put a smile on your face and make you go aww, kind of reads. I can always count on her for a heartfelt story that is just what I need when I need it and once again she delivered.

This was such a great read. I adored it completely and couldn't get enough of it. From the family dynamic to the friend dynamic to the podcasting at school. It truly was so much fun and I couldn't read it fast enough.

West
Jessica
Cute and summery and exactly what I was looking for. I could’ve done with a little more swoon but considering that I’ve been so disappointed in West’s lastest works, I’ll consider this one a win.
Alyssa

Listen To Your Heart by Kasie West
Publisher: Point
Publication Date: May 29, 2018
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Aj the Ravenous Reader
It’s been raining for weeks now here in the Philippines and in Baguio City, my hometown, it has been really cold for a few days now. I therefore needed something warm and fluffy to read so I decided to pick up a Kasie West novel and without a doubt, I knew my decision was going to be right.

I really enjoyed the premise of the story and I particularly adore the lake setting. If I were Kate who isn’t a very people-person like myself, I’d also probably want to spend most of the time at the lake may
Kat
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-3
In this Kasie West novel, Kate and Alana have been friends for years. They are entering high school and taking a class together in podcasting. Kate lives on a lake and that is a big part of her life. I enjoyed the friendship storyline in this.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Elizabeth
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
D'aaaawwwwwww.

Kasie West, I'm a fan! And not in the sense that I'm going to read any more of your books, because let's be honest - adorable as they are, I'm 27 and just too old. But I am super pumped that you are writing really great stories for young teens filled with positive messages, strong female characters and female friendships, and non-toxic males! Also this one was about podcasting - so fun!
Irisheyz77
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This books was so adorable! I had a hard time putting it down and smiled throughout much of the book. The plot reminded me a lot of A MidSummer Nights Dream and it just all worked so perfectly. I read it in just a few hours and I really hated for the story to end. Listen to Your Heart is among my favorite West books and definitely one that I’ll be re-reading. All the heart eyes!!
abigailscupoftea
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story so, so much. I wish there was a whole series about Kate and Diego! They were so sweet together and their chemistry was so natural. 💛 This quickly became one of my new favorite audiobooks. The narrator kept me engaged the entire time and I didn’t want it to end!
Vernie♡
HOW DOES SHE HAVE SO MANY BOOKS COMING OUT ALL THE TIME? IS KASIE WEST MAGIC??
Rê
description

4 “Lake, Podcasts and Swoons” Stars

I'm still not caught up on Kasie West's books (Love, Life and the List is next), but after not feeling By Your Side as much as I wanted and being disappointed in Lucky in Love, I'm glad to announce I really liked this!

Listen to Your Heart had all the fluffy, swoony feels that makes Kasie West one of my go-to authors when it comes to YA romance. The main character, Kate was super likable and she had a great, almost sarcastic sense of humor. The love interest, Di
Merphy Napier
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a cute contemporary. I do feel like most of Kasie West's protagonists are all starting to seem the same; they all have similar internal monologues, jump to the same kind of conclusions, have the same sort of issues. I also felt the romance was unfortunately predictable because the big surprise (view spoiler) because it was in the description!!

That being said, it was a fun and cute contemporary. I read it quickly and it held
Lisa
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Cute but without much depth. I loved the podcast aspect of the novel but felt like a lot of the dialogue seemed overly formal and stiff for high school students.

The writing is very straightforward, which is great for a contemporary novel, but it also came off as more meant for younger readers.

Fun overall but not West’s best.
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
“I wondered if life was about facing fears. Sometimes we overcame them and sometimes they overcame us. On the days we won, we had every right to celebrate.”

I thought that Listen to Your Heart was really cute and I liked podcast setting. It was unique, and worked fantastically as an audiobook. I actually really liked all the characters, they all felt like real people and had good interactions and growth in their relationships.I appreciate that was wasn’t too much extra drama in the st
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Mar 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always by: Alyssa
I NEEEEED THIS CUTESY, SWEET BOOK. Check out Alyssa's review to get you as hyped up as me! ...more
Anja H.
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
*3.25 SUMMERY STARS*

“I wondered if life was about facing fears. Sometimes we overcame them and sometimes they overcame us.”

Okay, I'm conflicted.
I enjoyed the hell out of this book and it was damn cute and just a light and fluffy read in general, but I'm beginning to realize I'm starting to outgrow Kasie West books and I'm pretty sad about that. I feel like her books are becoming a bit repetitive? Not really challenging?

The characters were very naive young, and while I do love me some cheesy
Maureen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kasie West books can be hit or miss for me but this was DEFINITELY a hit. I pretty much read it in one day.

Kate & Diego's journey was pretty adorable. From casual flirting to hanging out together more, with the added complication of Alana, it was interesting enough and kept me reading.

I also loved all the lake-talk from Kate. I've grown up near a lake almost my whole life and it was fun to read about someone who lived there 24/7 because a lot of my summers have been spent at the lake.

Overall a r
Sharon
OK this is actually super duper cute! I wasn’t sure how I was feeling about it in the beginning, but the more I read, the more I liked the concept and the characters. Also, it has one of my fav love interests by West <3

Here are some of my thoughts:
• I enjoy Kate’s sarcasm and her love for her lake. I would have liked to see more scenes with her in the lake to really hit home how much she loves it. For that matter, I would have liked to see an actual scene of the cover being in the book because I
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
4.5 Stars

As a massive Kasie West fan, it’s no surprise that I adored her latest work. Listen to Your Heart is a book all about podcasting, and the main character is so relatable. The strong family bonds sold me even more. This is a classic Kasie West that definitely lives up to her standard.

Full review on The Candid Cover

• Alex, Approximately
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • Stay Sweet
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • Coming Up for Air
  • Royals (Royals, #1)
  • Fake It Till You Break It
  • Love & Luck (Love & Gelato, #2)
I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, BY YOUR SIDE, LUCKY IN LOVE, LOVE LIFE and the LIST, LISTEN TO YOUR HEART, FAME FATE and the FIRST KISS, MAYBE THIS TIME, and MOMENT OF TRUTH. My agent is t ...more