Start by marking “Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After, #11)” as Want to Read:
Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After, #11)

Two Peas in a Pod

(Whatever After #11)

I've landed -- along with my brother, Jonah, and our dog, Prince -- in the fairy tale of The Princess and the Pea! When I can't fall asleep on top of a hundred mattresses, the kingdom decides I must be the princess they're looking for. Talk about royal treatment -- I'm suddenly being waited on hand and foot. Plus, I get unlimited ball gowns, sparkly jewelry, and ice cream. ...more
Published April 24th 2018 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Two Peas in a Pod, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Liz Cheshire because like in the original story it was full on raining they were trying to seek shelter plus there were crocs following them.....

Mary Thomas
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Confession: I'm kind of a Whatever After junkie. My niece got me hooked on the series, and now I've gotten my whole fourth grade class hooked on the series (even a boy who has read all of them!). Most series I'm okay to read one or two to get the gist of it, but I thoroughly enjoy every one of these! I even got a library card at the library the next county over because they had this book, and my library hadn't ordered it yet. Love, love, love!
Julia
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charlie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good ending and climax!
Emma
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think ALL leaders should have to go through this test!
Abdelillah
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: whatever-after
Eva
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it because Abby made the princess test beter
Erica Sonzogni
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Imagine moving into a new house and finding a magic mirror that takes you to different fairy tale lands? Two children named Abby and Jonah do just this in the Whatever After series. This adventure lands them in the story, Princess and the Pea. In the land of Bog, the people in the castle think that Abby is their missing princess, based off the fact that she could not sleep on top of all of the mattresses. Abby does not like being in charge so she holds a contest in order to find the rightful pr ...more
zapkode
{My thoughts} – Abby, Jonah and their awesome dog Prince take a trip through the mirror once again. This time they end up in the story “a princess and a pea.” When they enter the story they are chased by an alligator and end up frantically knocking in the castle door. When they are letting in they are treated like royalty.

Abby is put through the pea test to determine if she is a princess or not. She had problems sleeping but not because of a pea. She us then named Princess of Bog.

Abby knows she
Stephanie Martinez
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite series, they are really creative. I wish I could go through a mirror and go to a random fairytale and have crazy adventures, just like them. They even face problems. One of the problems is that there is a swamp full of crocodiles. Another problem is that there is a mean jealous prince that they have to deal with and so on. Abby holds a contest to find the rightful princess of Bog since the royal adviser, Lawrence would never rest and he would always be making decisions ...more
McKenna
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abby traveled back into the magical mirrior. She figured out who is in the fairytale two peas in a pod. Two peas in a pod is a fairytale where they put a Pea under hundred mattresses. The princess does not sleep good that night. Abby slept there and did not have a good sleep. They were happy that they finally found the lost Princess. They didn’t though Abby was not the real princess.She said it would be fun to be a princess for three days. Three days in the mirror is like one day back at home. A ...more
mm19
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Y
3.25 stars.

While an overall good girl, Abby suffers from moral amnesia a little too often, and we're forced to plod through her same old, same old mentality at the beginning of every book, even though we know that she learned all sorts of lessons in the previous story. Luckily, thanks to his Jack and the Beanstalk and ketchup obsessions, Jonah manages to keep things light and funny while also giving Abby a bunch of "responsible big sister" scenes, though at times he also feels like the more matu
Angela
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My students introduced this series to me. I bought the new one in the series. I have to admit that I am quite impressed with this book. There are many unexpecting turns and twists. The message in this book is great for young readers, especially for girls. This book works very well with my reading unit of analyzing characters. Overall, the book was written in a very humorous way. The classic fairy tale was re-written in a very clever way.
AMY
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grades 3-5
162 pages. Another book in the series proves how much drama can occur whether in Abby’s world or the world she and her brother visit through the magic mirror. The storyline moved along well and keeps the reader’s attention. I liked the mixture of realistic fiction with fantasy this time. Good read. I recommend it to Grades 3-5.
Lisa
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another really cute installment of the series. My daughter loves these so much she rereads them after I've read them aloud to her. I love the cute little morals of the story and how they relate to the main character's life and how she learns from the changes in the fairy tales. Great books for young girls.
The Best Book Reviews
Sep 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book drives me made. It is overall ok but it makes a total mockery of the original Princess and the Pea story. I like the whole woman impairment thing but the storyline is so predictable. I should say that if you enjoy fairytale twists that you should read this, but if you are into the original story then this book will tick you off!
chinda
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Children
Shelves: 2018-reads
As always, this book did not fail to excite me. I love their adventures mixed with a little fairytale. Brings back memories of my childhood. I love each lesson Abby learns throughout each book and I cannot wait for the next book! Seeing Red! I just love Abby’s personality in general and I especially love Jonah!
Liz Cheshire
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been reading this series since third grade and for the fun of it still read a century later such a fun quick read something I read in one sitting which isn’t usual for me! A quirky fairytale retelling for upper primary!💖💖
Favour Egbune
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice story, as usual. Abby was a bit more annoying because of the bias she held about certain people, but I suppose it makes her more human and more relatable. I definitely like how the author never dumbs her down despite her age. Nice moral lesson learned overall.
Emily Carroll
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My students told me this one was the best in the series. I agree. Wonderful lessons here.
emyrose8
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-library
4.5- Another excellent addition to the series! Abby learns an important lesson that people are more than their appearance. I love the twist this fairy tale gets! Princess test= awesome.
Salma Elewa
cool book
Sonora
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely my favorite one in the series. Like all of the whatever after books, it was really fun to read and the story was engaging.
Viviana Bush
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVELY.
Kirsten
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! The book was funny and had some great life lessons.
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The. Best.
Annie
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
These parents are so clueless I swear
In my humble opinion
Wow... That was quite dull. Slow paced.
Rmsooon
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love "whatever after " series ,, so short and meaningful ,, i liked this book the princess must be brave and strong
Chi Chi
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cool book. I've read all of them and I like how it shows that you are capable of anything.

• The Melody Kingdom (Cucumber Quest, #3)
  • Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella (Tyme, #2)
  • Mac Undercover (Mac B., Kid Spy #1)
  • The Foggy, Foggy Forest
  • The Cobalt Prince (5 Worlds, #2)
  • Good Night, Sweetie
  • Best Friend Next Door
  • Rabbit Moon
  • Grow Up, David!
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Jack B. Ninja
  • Mini Myths: Make a Wish, Midas!
  • The Great Art Caper
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • Be Brave Little Penguin
  • The Ugly Five
  • The Sun Is Kind of a Big Deal
  • Unschooled
Sarah was born in Montreal, Canada. After graduating with an honors degree in English literature from McGill University, she moved to Toronto to work for Harlequin Enterprises. While she never met Fabio, she used her romance publishing experiences to fuel her first novel Milkrun.

Since then, Sarah has written four additional novels for adults: Fishbowl, As Seen on TV, Monkey Business, and

Whatever After (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After, #2)
  • Sink or Swim (Whatever After, #3)
  • Dream On (Whatever After, #4)
  • Bad Hair Day (Whatever After, #5)
  • Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6)
  • Beauty Queen (Whatever After, #7)
  • Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8)
  • Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9)
  • Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10)