Start by marking “Ozland (Everland, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ozland (Everland, #3)

Ozland

(Everland #3)

With Everland and Umberland both destroyed, the survivors have taken refuge in a small village tucked within the shadows of the Bloodred Queen's castle. Doc has found an actual cure for the Horologia virus, while Gwen, Pete, and Alyssa begin plotting the assassination of the queen with the help of Gail, an excellent huntress. But killing the queen won't be enough. The worl ...more
Published April 24th 2018 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Ozland, please sign up.
Cathryn When I talked to Wendy (she's a Twitter-friend), she said this was the last book. She may do some more novellas if she feels like it, but I think…moreWhen I talked to Wendy (she's a Twitter-friend), she said this was the last book. She may do some more novellas if she feels like it, but I think she's ready to do something else.(less)

Aly
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
The beginning almost ruined the book for me. We find out that all these characters have died and it almost feels like, what's the point then? The characters go through so much and then die anyway. And most of them are kids! It just made the book hard to read. The different character point of views were interesting, it helped the plot move quicker. I liked the scarecrow, lion, and tin man, although their roles were small. Overall, it wasn't a bad conclusion, I just wish a few more characters coul ...more
Kenneth Roman
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to this conclusion. I was not looking forward to the deaths of beloved characters, which Spinale has a habit of doing. She did not disappoint. I really liked the first book, Everland, and found the second, Umberland, just good. This time I had high hopes since I love the Wizard of Oz story. I found that Wendy Spinale did a very nice job weaving her story around elements of the Oz story. She slightly breaks away from the mold she used for the previous works and I thin ...more
Talia Colley
Paige Green
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book through KidLitExchange from the publishing company Scholastic Press in exchange for review and promotion. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Rating: 3/5

Genre: YA Dystopian/Fantasy/Retelling

Recommended Age: 14+ (violence, slight gore, murder, and poison)

Pages: 288

Amazon Link

Author Website

Synopsis: With Everland and Umberland both destroyed, the survivors have taken refuge in a small village tucked within the shadows of the Bloodred Queen's castle. Doc
Dewi
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars, it was fun but I felt like this series was way better at the start and went a little downhill from there.
Becca
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Is this for real? It's little more than a second draft. It's choppy, doesn't flow well, there are some typos, & the characters all fall flat. Everland was phenomenal, & Umberland great. What happened with Ozland? Did the author get lazy & decide not to keep revising it? Did an editor even look this over? I'm disappointed beyond comprehension. Scholastic, I want my money back.
Caitlin  Whetten
I think I'm pretty meh about this whole series. I was hoping that Ozland would be the best one, but all three books are a flat 3-star read for me. Not terrible, but not great for me either. And like the other three, there's a lot of telling, not showing, especially in the first half.

I love that we got Doc's perspective in this since he's one of the characters that I've enjoyed over the series and I'm like, "Please don't die, please don't die, please don't die."

But it feels weird that we spend
Sherri
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Fans of the first two books in this series of childhood fantasy favorites being retold will likely enjoy this one. This steampunk dystopian series shows London a year after the Horologia virus was unleashed by the evil Bloodred Queen from Germany. This virus killed nearly all the adults. Now the Lost Kids are racing against Captain Hook to find King Osbourne to return him to power while scrambling to find a true cure to the deadly virus.

Book 1 is Everland and had the most similarities to its o
Kristia
Aug 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm sorry, but I'm done.
This book lost me. And I'm not usually a person who quits on books. I LOVED the first two books of this series, but this one fell so far and hard that I can't get back up. I MIGHT reread the whole series, and then come back to this one. Perhaps that will help this, EH, feeling? I don't know.
(view spoiler)
Grace Bromage
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved the first two books in the series (Everland and Umberland) so I had high hopes going into this one. However, they were met with disappointment. I could not get into some of the new characters and the old characters I had liked were all killed off. I felt like there were times when the author wanted to make it more dramatic or dark (hence killing people, throwing them into tough circumstances), but it happened so often that the high-charged action moments got to be boring. As for the char ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Ozland by Wendy Spinale, 288 pages. Scholastic Press, 2018. $18.

Language: G, Mature Content: G; Violence: PG (deaths, some blood)

BUYING ADVISORY: MS, HS – ADVISABLE

KID APPEAL: MEDIUM

The survivors of the destruction of Everland and Umberland are desperate to stop the Bloodred Queen and save the world from the Horologia virus. It will take each one of them, plus a few new characters and a lot of sacrifice, to triumph.

With the introduction of a third world and more characters, Spinale overloads her
Terri
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a let down!

After the action and tension of the first two books in this series, the finale felt flat. The fighting between the heroes and the evil forces of the Bloodred Queen and Katt dragged on and in. The odds seemed insurmountable. Then suddenly in a matter of a few pages all is resolved and done. It was wrapped up far too quickly. I'm glad it's over, but there's a discontent with the ending. I can't help feeling that Spinale could have done so much more with the Oz story. Maybe she
Mimi'S Impractically
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Harj D
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was thoroughly looking forward to reading the final instalment in the Everland trilogy and 'Ozland' certainly delivered. Continuing on from the previous book, 'Umberland', 'Ozland' took the story from the viewpoint of Doc, Gail and Katt. I found the story through Gail's eyes most intriguing and gripping compared to Doc and Katt's, some of their ideas and thoughts becoming repetitive at times. The expansion of the plot and the way the ideas all came together at the end was fantastic. It was sim ...more
Kirsten
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am just not a fan of this series it seems. There was too much repetition of the same information over and over for me and the plot was very simplistic. I didn't really feel connected to the main characters, as throughout the series, the main character kept switching. Because of that, I felt more and more detached from previous characters (looking at you Gwen) and I didn't feel I learned enough about the new ones. The ending didn't work for me either, as it seemed to just end with little explan ...more
Laura Mauro
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laura Agnella
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed the first two books in the series, I just didn't feel like this one was up to par with the others. The story was interesting but I missed the POVs from Everland and Umberland. I just wasn't as invested in Doc and Gail compared to Alyssa, Maddox, Pete, and Gwen. I wanted more of their stories and they were only minor characters in this book. I was a bit disappointed. This doesn't mean others reading the series won't enjoy it or that it isn't well written. It is just my personal op ...more
Gillian
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is definitely my favorite out of the three books. Right from the beginning I was hooked and ready to see how everything was going to end. Even though we lost a lot of characters, It ended with a happy ending. Wendy Spinale is one of the authors that really got me into reading and if one day I meet her, I would thank her for giving me such wonderful characters to read from. Ozland is definitely one of my favorite reads of 2018
Sharon
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
The buildup took up just about the entire book leaving the ending too rushed. I felt as thought way too much detail was put into basically ten pages. Glad that Gwen, Pete, Doc, and Lily survived the Bloodred Queen. Surprisingly I was even glad Jack made it and saddened that Hook didn’t. However he got his revenge on his mother. The series is worth the read but I just wish the last book would have been as great as the rest.
Libby Gregory
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not like this book. Where was the retelling of Oz in this book because I did not see it at all.. The ending was rushed for me and the book dragged in some places.. She also kept killing off the characters so don't get attached to them when you read this book. They do not last long at all.. But I loved the first 2 books in this series so much so I don't know what happened to this book.
Michelle
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! I really don't know what to say for this book. The plot seemed rather promising, but the whole book seemed rushed. The characters I loved in the previous books lost their spark, and I think that Maddox got less than 15 lines of speech during the entire book. I was SUPER disappointed about that.
Alex
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I really loved this series overall, BUT... this one was the weakest of the three. I still enjoyed it, but some of the magic was definitely lost.

Still, this was such a unique and creative series and I'm glad I read it.
Erin Cashman
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful ending to this fabulous series!!! With great characters, high stakes, and plenty of adventure, this captivating story hooked me on page one - I couldn't turn the pages fast enough! I highly recommend this book, and this series!
Adam Michael Seligman
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystical
In all, the series is a great spin on stories many of us grew up on. I love how the characters come together throughout Ozland. There were times when I was a bit confused as to what was happening, but as I read on, things made more sense. Ozland is a great way to wrap up the series.
Courtney-Paige
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first two. I think it is because I didn't really care about the characters that we had a POV from. Also, I don't know if it is because I was listening to the audiobook, but it seems as if the ending was quite rushed and abrupt, like could have been done better.
Amy Dunn
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a shocking beginning, I was driven to see how the rest of the store would play out. The only reason I gave it four stars is that there was a little confusion and some slow parts. Overall, would still greatly recommend this series to everyone.
Thirsa
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
more 3.5ish. It started in chaos, became afterwards as slow as a turtle walking on land and it ended in a whirlwind. But it is a satisfying ending even with all those deaths.. I hope this author has more ideas to write, because this concept was refreshing even though really dark.
Aubrey
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not impressed with the finale as I was with the first two.
The action was pushed and quickly finished, the storyline was predictable, the ending was cliche. I was expecting a little more from the author, especially since the second book was interesting and adventurous. I'm disappointed.
Heather
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5
Jessi Whitehouse
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5
Wendy is the author of the Everland series. She is a former Disneyland actress and online journalist. She currently resides in California with her three sons, two dogs, a chinchilla, and hamster.

Everland (3 books)
  • Everland (Everland, #1)
  • Umberland (Everland, #2)