Start by marking “Plague Land (Remade, #1)” as Want to Read:
Plague Land (Remade, #1)

Plague Land

(ReMade #1)

Leon and his younger sister, Grace, have recently moved to London from New York and are struggling to settle into their new school when rumors of an unidentified plague in Africa begin to fill the news. Within a week, the virus hits London. The siblings witness people turning to liquid before their eyes, and they run for their lives.

A month after touching Earth's atmosphe

Published December 5th 2017 by Sourcebooks Fire

Carrie
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Plague Land by Alex Scarrow is the first book in the young adult dystopian horror ReMade series. I think most could guess by the title alone with this one that the world is in trouble due to an unidentified plague.

The book mainly follows a boy named Leon, his sister Grace and their mother but there are other points of view at times in the story. Leon first sees the plague news and becomes infatuated with it but soon the media begins to cover things up and it’s at this time Leon’s father calls th
☙ percy ❧
i devoured this book almost as quickly as The Plague devours one of its victims.

the writing was very fast-paced and taut with tension, and i literally don't think i put my kindle down at all except to put on some music. although the concept of an apocalyptic plague isn't original, the way this infection was created was rather original - a pathogen that can think for itself and can communicate with other members of its species to create some sort of super-organism.

there's a sequel to this, and
Meigan
Disturbing and bleak, Plague Land tells the story of a world under attack from something that quickly liquifies its victims. Some call it super Ebola, others think it’s a bio weapon, while others think it’s some sort of super virus. No matter what it’s called, its a plague unlike any other as it’s not only incredibly deadly and quick, it’s seemingly intelligent — adapting and changing with each passing day, until it’s unrecognizable by those who’ve witnessed it in the early stages.

Much of the s
Paul
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the Alex Scarrow fans amongst you, a quick internet search reveals that Plague Land was previously published under the title ReMade. Just thought you should know before you decide if you want to read any further.

Leon and Grace are in a difficult place in their lives. They’ve moved from one side of the planet to the other after their parents’divorce. A new country and a new beginning is going to be hard whatever age you are, but especially so if you are still a teen. Everything is just so dif
Gray Cox
Hmm, very gritty and gory. Although I was surprisingly chilled by the brutality in some parts, in never grabbed, grabbed me or made me really worry about the characters.

My reaction while reading about one of the characters dying:

Me: Oh, they're going to die aren't they?
Book: *murders character in a gory bloody display*
Me:... well, ew. *shrugs* *reads on*

Idk, I just felt like I never really connected to any of these characters to fear losing them, I felt bad for them, sure, but I wasn't on the
Holly~ Queen of the Books
4.7 Stars✨

This book is an utter masterpiece of horror and delight.

From the moment I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down. Normally, this kind of book would scare the hell out of me and I would run away (it did, but I persevered) but I just HAD to keep reading! Everything about this book is just fabulous.

My only two problems would be the use of repetitive words such as ‘facsimile’, I felt that there could have been a little thesaurus thrown at this book. The other would be that the ending was qui
Karen’s Library
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ummmmm, what the heck did I just read? I thought this was your typical end of the world by virus apocalyptic survival story. What I got was one of the most terrifying horror stories I’ve read!! Yikes!

Well, it started off decently as a family, consisting of Mom, 17 year old Leon, and 12 year old sister Grace, flee the City right before a deadly virus hits in full force.

Great start to a normal scenario I’ve seen so many times in apocalypse stories. But then... the story starts it’s terrifying vee
Ruthsic
Leon and his younger sister, Grace, have recently moved to London from New York and are struggling to settle into their new school when rumours of an unidentified virus in Africa begin to fill the news. Within a week the virus hits London. The siblings witness people turning to liquid before their eyes, and they run for their lives. A month after touching Earth's atmosphere the virus has assimilated the world's biomass. But the virus isn't their only enemy, and survival is just the first step . ...more
Ashley Drumm
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alex-scarrow
Holy S*** Balls this book was terrifying Awesome... Deserves more than 5 stars. Highly recommend!!
Theediscerning
A book that itself needs to be remade. It's actually quite remarkable how a book that can at one point so evocatively convey horror suitable to a teen audience, and that can manage to be perfectly clever and inventive at its best, can at other times just send you to sleep. Some sections are gripping and taut, but too much is flaccid and dreary. It's weird – there is character enough in the humans, and drama enough from the enemy – a weird alien bug that infects practically every creature it meet ...more
Summer Lane
This book was quite different as far as end-of-the-world scenarios go! The concept of an intelligent, devouring virus that literally destroys the host and then proceeds to rip off said host's DNA to recreate an entirely new genetic species?? I thought for sure that the author had some kind of degree in microbiology to trigger this kind of interest in genetics/evolutionary concepts but his bio says that he has a background in rock bands and video game design, haha.

As a science major myself, I fo
Carla
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I love post-apocalyptic stories and this one did not disappoint. It's a mixture of a survival tale with a large dash of horror. The action kept me turning the pages all the way to the twisty ending. I actually stayed up way too late to finish this book and will certainly read the sequel.
Mycoton32
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

16/20 - Non seulement on flippe mais en plus c'est dégueu mais qu'est ce que c'est addictif !!
Meli
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Es entretenido y el tema del virus es original y grotesco, pero sentí que se queda en ascuas, a medio camino. La segunda parte decae y no llega a nada, solo confirma tus sospechas, que ni siquiera son personales, sino que el libro te lo adelanta ya desde el título. Como que no tiene chiste.
Carol Suraci
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both y/a and adult readers will love this exciting post-apocalyptic story. I read it in one day!
Clarabel
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un roman redoutable - du rythme, de l'adrénaline, des descriptions immondes, de l'intensité dramatique et des émotions fortes. C'est hyper efficace et addictif.

Ilsen Leon
May 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 star. I don’t even remember why I put 1.5 so I’m changing it.

I think I should just stay away from post apocalyptic books because the last one I read apart from this was not a positive experience either. This one just has so many things not working for me. The characters are all bland stereotypes with the exception of one (Grace was the only one I liked). Leon is just the one who is a loner but wants to step it up and blah. Freya was literally just the girl who "is not like the other girls" an
Kalilah
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the first of a series, and has filled the gap other apocalyptic treats, such as The Last of Us and I Am Legend, left in my life. I was but a zombie myself, deprived of a good old end-of-the-world story to get stuck in to, mournfully rewatching/rereading the old meat and yearning for fresh blood.

The cries of my soul were answered when I was offered the chance to read and review Remade. It's not a zombie apocalypse and it's not a plague and there's no evil government to contend with.
Olivia Farr
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Plague Land" is a really intense YA horror that kept the twists and surprises coming. The book begins as we follow several people in short stories as they experience the start of the end of the world- a new virus has descended and is affecting all life on earth with ruthless efficiency and speed. Most stories receive just a chapter as we quickly see the plague ruin their lives. This device was incredibly useful and really gave us a full experience of the development and spread. We keep flashing ...more
Cassandra
Plague Land is about a Pandemic which starts in South Africa, but within days travels throughout the world. We follow Leon, our main character, his sister Grace and their mother as they grow aware of the pandemic and try to leave London for someplace safer. While the books spans seven months, the majority of the book is dedicated tot he first few days. It is hard for me to go into too much detail about this book without giving away important twisty details. They do meet other survivors along the ...more
Taylor
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book was INTENSE. I don't usually read many post apocalyptic books so I can't compare it to anything but if your want a book that makes you sit at the edge of your seat and jump at the slightest noise then this is the book for you. You don't really get an explanation for how this whole virus thing came to be but I sort of liked it. The ending was definitely incomplete, but I can't wait for the next installment to be made. I was given an arc to read and review from netgalley.com.
*warning
Holly
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Plague Land is the story of when a unidentified Plague takes over the world. Leon and his younger sister, Grace have recently moved to London after their parents messy divorce. It's only when a life-ending plague starts in Africia, when everything starts to go wrong in the world. With Leon, Grace and their mother trapped on a train when the Plague hits London, it's a fight to stay alive with unexpected consequences.

As the Plague moves along, killing everything in it's path. It slowly starts tra
Kris Hennon
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I liked the story. It had a little mix of I am Legend with Walking Dead along with some Maze Runner and a dash of World War Z. Although it was more of a virus book than zombie book, it had that flavor. It was good YA fiction. It got a bit gory and pushed me to the edge of comfort even though I like end of the world zombie type books... I like YA because they stay a little sweeter and keeps me from falling in too far and freaking me out and for the most part this one did...there was one scene tha ...more
Amy
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is creepy, terrifying and hard to put down. If you like gory details and being scared, then this is your book. I originally grabbed it from the library and was going to let my 13 year old read it. I decided to check it out myself and was immediately hooked. I think it’s a bit too intense for him, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have not read anything like this and look forward to reading the sequel.
Elizabeth (BookishConnoisseur)
This book was unlike anything I’ve read before. It’s an apocalyptic, sci-fi, horror that kept me guessing the entire time. I can’t believe how creeped out it made me at times! I will definitely be looking forward to the sequel!
Thank you so much to NetGalley and the publisher for sending me a copy to review!
Priscilla
I enjoyed this book. It kinda started losing my interest though about 3/4 of the way, so not sure if I will continue the series. There wasn't really any clues to what is causing the virus or how to stop it completely. It seems to be getting stronger and smarter. But I think as far as characters go things were concluded pretty good. So i'm willing to entertain the idea of book 2.
Theresa
My guilty pleasure is apocalyptic, survival scenarios and this YA book pulls no punches. It is brutal, bloody and not for the feint of heart. Well done, with new concepts and ideas in a genre that has tons of books to choose from. It successfully left me wanting to read the next book. Good for older teens and adults.
Alison Bowers
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a cross between mystery and thriller. It takes place in modern day England. A weird and mysterious cell disease that started in Africa has spread all over the world and killed everyone but a few survivors, who come together to live in a small community and believe they are immune... until one of the main characters contracts the disease. There are a lot of vivid and exciting characters, the plot is intriguing and moves at a fast pace, and there are many loose ends that will hopeful ...more
Courtney
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all wow, this book was an action packed, emotional journey that left me reeling. Whilst reading this book I felt like I had to share it with everyone, just as an outlet. I personally love disaster related action books and movies, so I was very excited to read this request book.

From the start I was hooked, I loved the characters depth and this ability to feel for the characters, lead to a far more emotional read especially in the disaster circumstances. The virus was one of my absolute
A. Muse
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
An amazing book with lots of twist and turns. Can't work for the next one to come out.
  • Flight Risk
  • The Pioneer (The Pioneer, #1)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (後) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #11)
  • Light Years
  • Bomb
  • The Smell (The Rot, #1)
  • The Last Infection
  • Billy Lovecraft Saves the World
  • Of Better Blood
  • Domino Falls (Devil's Wake, #2)
  • Crimson Sky (Dark Sky, #1)
  • SINthetic (The New Lyons Sequence #1)
  • Mace of the Apocalypse (Mace of the Apocalypse #1)
  • Joy to the Worlds
  • River Runs Deep
  • Black River Falls
  • Spliced
  • Deadly Design
I live a nomadic existence with my wife Frances, and son Jacob. For now we're living in Norwich. I spent the first 10 years out of college in the music business chasing record deals and the next 12 years in the computer games business as a graphic artist and eventually a games designer. For those of you who like their computer games, here's some of the titles I've worked on:
Waterworld, Evolva, The

ReMade (3 books)
  • Reborn
  • Plague World (A Remade Novel Book 3)