Start by marking “On The Surface (Brothers In Blue, #1)” as Want to Read:
On The Surface (Brothers In Blue, #1)

On The Surface (Brothers In Blue, #1)

Wrongly convicted ex-con and recent parolee Jenny Reynolds wants to forget her tarnished past and focus on a brighter future. One that begins with a return to the small tourist town where she grew up. The restoration of her family’s once proud Rest Easy Bed and Breakfast is the only thing on her mind. Fleeing an ex who refuses to let her go, what she doesn’t need to compli ...more
Published September 29th 2017 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about On The Surface, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On The Surface

Start your review of On The Surface (Brothers In Blue, #1)
Sharon Buchbinder
What do a bounty hunter and a convicted felon have in common? A lot—especially when the person they have in common is responsible for the felon’s incarceration and the death of the bounty hunter’s loved one.

The author, Margo Hoornstra, has created extremely likable and yet seemingly opposite characters. The one thing that keeps them going down the same path towards the same goal is the man who destroyed their loves, lives, and dreams, the sociopath Rod Donahue.

Jenny Reynolds is a warm and compas
Alison Henderson
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you like a heavy helping of romance with your suspense, this book is for you. In addition to an appealing heroine in a load of trouble and a hunky bounty hunter who wants to protect her while still getting his man, it features the creepiest, slimiest villain I've read in a long time. Your finger will be itching to pull the trigger yourself. The B&B setting in rural Michigan plays a big role, too. The author describes it so vividly, you can almost feel the summer breeze on your skin. ...more
Brenda Whiteside
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
For some reason I'm always attracted to bounty hunter stories, if there's romance involved. Ms Hoornstra didn't disappoint me with this one. A wrongly convicted woman has to depend on one handsome bounty hunter to help rid herself of the slimy guy who used her and is coming back for more. She's caught between keeping herself out of his web and the law, and she needs help. The hero is a certainly the one she needs. This is great romance and suspense.
Patricia Kiyono
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is so much action in this story I kept reading far later than I should. Brad and Jenny’s story is a wonderful opener to this series, and we get a glimpse of the heroes in the upcoming installments. Set in Michigan, we’re shown the contrast between the tough streets of Detroit and the peacefulness of the rural areas to the north. I’m looking forward to digging into Book Two!
Jannine Gallant
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This heroine can't seem to catch a break. Wrongly convicted of a crime, she can't shake her ex who is as creepy as they come! Enter a bounty hunter intent on catching the ex. I couldn't wait to see if these two could get through the lies and heartache to reach a HEA. You'll have to read it to find out!
Vivek
Jul 01, 2020
added it
Dec 19, 2018

• The Wedding Favor
  • Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1)
  • The Island Patriot  (Heathcliff Family Romances #8)
  • The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1)
  • The Revenge Kiss: A Sweet YA Boarding School Romance (Kiss Academy Book 2)
  • The Kissing Game: A Sweet YA Boarding School Romance (Kiss Academy Book 1)
  • Lethal Bayou Beauty (Miss Fortune Mystery #2)
  • Her Dark Web Defender (True Blue #4)
  • Kissing the Enemy: A Sweet YA Boarding School Christmas Romance (Kiss Academy Book 3)
  • June ~ The Pianist: A Musical Christmas Series
  • Swamp Sniper (Miss Fortune Mystery, #3)
  • My Fair Guardian
  • Lark! The Herald Angels Sing (Meg Langslow, #24)
  • Let it Snow: A Regency Holiday Novella
  • Dan McCall's Bride (Mail Order Misdelivery Book 1)
  • The Prince’s Fake Fiancée