Start by marking “The Pursuit of Lady Harriett (Tanglewood #3)” as Want to Read:
The Pursuit of Lady Harriett (Tanglewood #3)

The Pursuit of Lady Harriett (Tanglewood #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  886 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
When wills clash and hearts collide, who will reign victorious?

Termed an Incomparable during her first London season, Lady Harriett Cavendish is beautiful, spirited, and confident, capturing the attention of a great many suitors. Unfortunately, they all failed to capture her attention, and she concluded the season as unattached as she’d begun it.

Only weeks prior to her s
Published August 23rd 2017 by HEA Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Pursuit of Lady Harriett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pursuit of Lady Harriett

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Does anyone else remember that old commercial of that lady standing outside the closed store saying, "open, open, open?" Well, I feel like I'm standing outside the book store just waiting for this book to be released... "release, release, release." Is it August yet?!?!?!

***********************************************

Well, I was finally able to sit down and devour this book! I absolutely loved it, from start to finish! It's one of those books that suck you in and you just can't put down. I've enj
Julie Carpenter
4.5* rounding up

Lady Harriett has a problem, a thorn in her side, a nuisance, a bother, something she wants to squash, something she wants to defeat in battle, a force of reckoning, a burden, something that is wreaking complete havoc on her whole self, something that has filled her every thought (in searching how to remove and finish it off), something she is ready to pluck from her side and send scurrying back to London. If only...

Lieutenant Christopher Jamison is said thorn. How dare he come i
Katie W
I read a lot and there's not a lot more that causes me to hunker down and laugh, smile, and sigh than fabulous witty banter and a chase, of sorts. This is one that had me captured from the first mistake to the final page. And there are a few different definitions of the word pursuit, just so you know.

Christopher is a pretty clueless "gentleman," although if you were to ask Harriett, a gentleman he most definitely is not. He's a big tease and whether it's conscious or not, he pushes buttons bette
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Rachael Anderson is one of my favorite authors no matter the genre she is writing in. Any day I get to read one of her books is a great day. I was really looking forward to this book because the previous two books in this series have been fabulous! You don't have to read this series in order as each book can stand alone easily, but I would recommend you read in order if you can. It just helps with loving the characters. :)

I was a bit worried in the beginning of this book because Harriett was suc
Melissa
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very proper, fun regency romance. It started a little slow but then took off and I did not want to put it down. This is well written, this author knows how to write people well. This could be a real romance. I am pretty sure she wrote my husbands personality into the leading man. How many men are just like this. I loved how it all came together. I especially loved how honest and real Harriett got, in the beginning I wasn't sure I liked her much. This was very character driven. Not muc ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, chaste, romance
This is third in a series and characters from the second are frequently present. I don't think you need to read the second to understand or enjoy this one, but I may be biased because I hated it so much and want to give others an excuse not to go there.

I ended up liking this quite a bit, though much of that comes down to the ending. Harriett is awesome, but I already knew that from her brief appearances in the other stories. I liked her adventurousness and that she doesn't let being popular go t
Kim
Really enjoyed this one! Oh the witty repartee, jokes, and pranks between these two who started off as combatants to becoming madly in love. I really liked that Chris loved Harriett for her inside character and mind and not just for her spectacular beauty that other men only saw. I hated that Chris had problems feeling comfortable expressing emotions and everything had to be a joke to him. I was like there is time for humor and there is a time to be serious and be honest about your feelings. Of ...more
Kathy
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
So much fun! I loved all the teasing and bantering. Great book!

Content: Squeaky Clean
Julie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Harriett has completed her first season and though it was a success, she didn't find anyone who captured her heart. She is visiting Tanglewood as she awaits the start of her second season, when Jonathon Ludlow's friend, Lieutenant Christopher Jamison arrives. He angers her, charms her, and generally confuses her. But can this man who loves a good joke ever be serious enough to capture Harriett's heart?

I enjoyed going back to Tanglewood again and glimpsing previous couples and how their lives wer
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Loved it! The characters of Harriett and Christopher are vibrant, even in their flaws. The banter is oh-so-good, and I loved how they tease and one-up each other. Their interest in each other turns to attraction, which develops to deeper feelings. Harriett has certain expectations when it comes to romantic love which don't align with how Christopher keeps emotion at bay with a quip or diversion.
They brought out the vulnerable parts of each other, even though they are both attempting to protect t
Leona
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency, romance
This was a disappointing finish to an otherwise great series.

The protagonists were exasperating. Harriett (with two T's) was inconsistent, vain, and expected more from people than she was willing to give. The lieutenant, well.. there really was nothing to him. But, I will say out of the two, I liked him better. There was no storyline. The whole premise of the book was to watch two people bicker and annoy each other.

Frustrating. I'm just fortunate that this was available with my Kindle unlimite
Kelly
This book is so much fun! I laughed and at times was sad for the characters but mostly I laughed. There is battle of wills and wit and bantering back and forth, midnight cake, and matters of the heart. Harriett and Christopher are similar yet totally opposite at the same time! I loved every minute of their conversations! It just shows how some people struggle with showing feelings and how different we each are! Sometimes we will do whatever it takes to win the one we love!

If you love plotting fo
Emily
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Emily by: Kathy
Shelves: romance, regency-era
This is a fairly by-the-numbers regency romance - in this case, two stars really does mean "it was okay." I think your enjoyment of this novel will depend on how seriously you can take passages like this one:
Tall and lean, his strong and broad shoulders supported a sturdy neck, and his eyes were the color of stormy gray skies. He parted his dark blonde hair down the middle, letting it rise and fall to each side like waves cresting and crashing in an unruly manner. It was an unusual hairstyle fo
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
It's not often that a book begins with the female MC having mud splashed all over her when a man on a horse doesn't notice her on the side of the road. It was really rude. Then to find him at Tanglewood, the same place she is staying, it becomes intolerable. Christopher is annoying, rude, insensitive, etc. Of course, it is of no notice that he is handsome and has a brilliant laugh.

This is a fun book to pick up and set aside your worries and cares. It is full of humor, embarassment, and challengi
Melissa
Adored. Lots of witty banter and the hero's teasing and inability to be serious, though chiefly what aggravated the heroine, endeared me to him right from the beginning.
Melanie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lady Harriett is currently staying at Tanglewood while Cora and Jonathan are on their honeymoon. Lt Christopher Jamison, a friend of Jonathan is expected to arrive. Harriet can be there to greet him and tell him that Johnathon is already on his honeymoon.

However, while Harriett is out for a walk she sees this rider going break-neck speed and therefore doesn’t see her and splatters her with mud. Lt Jamison is told that Jonathan is not at home but he is convinced to stay by some neighbors who Harr
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this series by Rachael Anderson. Characters from the previous 2 stories played roles in this book and it was a nice finish to the 3 book series.

In The Pursuit of Lady Harriett, my favorite aspect was the witty banter. Rachael Anderson must have had a fun time writing this story and dialogue. I was laughing out loud.

At the same time, there were parts where I hurt for Harriett. I was impressed with Harriett's strength and willingness to be open. She really made herself vulner
B. D. Mann
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the eleventh Rachael Anderson work I have read and it was an absolute delight to read. This is a clean historical romance that was very well written with a story-line that kept me engaged from page one to the very end. I loved the interplay between Harriett and Chris that actually had me laughing out loud as she gave as good as she got. I wish I could give more than five stars to this offering as I rate this as probably the best of the eleven books I have read from her pen. I highly reco ...more
Karen
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was difficult to put down, and I thought about it when I wasn't reading. I enjoyed getting to know Harriett better and enjoyed seeing her relationship with Captain Jamison develop. This story had a great mix of lightheartedness along with some seriousness. I can't say enough about how wonderful this book truly is. It is well written, has great characters, and a wonderful plot line. I definitely want to read this book again and again.

Content: clean
Source: review copy
Cordelianne
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
In honour of this upcoming book that will be the last of this series, I decided to reread the two previous novels. That abolutely increased my love for this book/series, because you can read them all as standalones, but the best way to read them is by reading them in order. The same characters come back every book. In the end the second one is my favourite, but all three books are cute and easy to read.

In this book we encounter Lady Harriett who has not found her love during the last London seas
Donna Weaver
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT IT'S ABOUT

Only weeks prior to her second season, Harriett encounters Lieutenant Christopher Jamison while visiting Tanglewood Manor. Recently returned from war, the lieutenant is everything that Harriett's prev
Marivi Sanz
This was the first book I've read by this author, and, though I didn't love this one, I'll read more books by her as the writing was nice.

I found Lady Harriett Cavendish quite unlikeable for most of the book. She's selfish, childish and sanctimonious. She took anything that came from Lieutenant Christopher Jamieson as a personal offence, and always wanted to beat him, even if it's in sports, knowledge, banters or even in annoying pranks. She called him out more than once in his lack of thought o
Amanda
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are interested in clean, historical romance then I highly recommend the Tanglewood series. I have enjoyed this series so much and I am sorry to see it end. I don't want to say goodbye to the characters. I loved this story. It wasn't hate but more a one sided dislike to love turned romance. At first I was afraid Harriett's attitude towards Christopher was going to be annoying but instead I found it amusing. I loved Harriett and Christopher. They were so good for each other and I enjoyed th ...more
Alisa
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
Christopher (Lieutenant Jamison) and Lady Harriett get off to a rocky start. She is determined to outsmart him and he keeps besting her. There is a lot of fun banter. He is a natural tease who isn't used to expressing his feelings - or even letting them show. But he finds that he will do just about anything to win Harriett over.

This was a fun story that was hard to put down. Now I want to go back and start this series over and read it all again!

Content: Clean
Source: Review Copy (opinion is 100%
Vikki Vaught
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Basically a good story with likable characters and an interesting plot. I did grow frustrated at times with both characters. The heroine doesn’t attempt to see beneath the hero’s awkwardness. The hero doesn’t understand that the heroine takes his actions literally. It makes for an irritating read at times, but did still enjoy it, and the ending earned the 4th star. Oh, and the narrator is outstanding. Happy reading!

Gilgamesha
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent Vanila book

I was craving dark Belgium chocolate ice cream....but had to settle for vanilla....I had to force my self to finish this cute story...when I craving angst and darkness but I am sure many out there will love it....
Natasha
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Just not very interesting...failed to capture my interest in either of the main characters
Tori
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
As the third book in the Tanglewood series, The Pursuit of Lady Harriett definitely lived up to my expectations. Tanglewood has become quite the matchmaking estate.

In the beginning, Lieutenant Jamison's character kind of irritated me and I felt badly for Lady Harriett. But as time passed, my feelings flip flopped. The lieutenant became hopelessly charming, in my eyes, and really SO MALE. He was falling all over himself trying to express his feelings to Harriett. I just kept thinking, "Bless his
Shash
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I was so excited to be back at Tanglewood and read Lady Harriett’s story. She is such a vivacious young lady. Christopher was a great match for her. She wants to be seen as more than a pretty face, and he does that from the beginning. He sees all the wonderful things about her. The banter between them was great! I laughed and smiled throughout the book. I loved that what she saw as a battle between them, he saw as just enjoying each other’s company. He definitely confused Harr ...more
Jessie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mischief, Mayhem, and Misunderstandings

I loved the wit and humour of this story. From the beginning Harriett and Christopher seem to be at war. He just keeps outwitting Harriett, and she's not going to let that happen. I loved Harriett's determination and Christopher's sense of humor.

I also loved seeing Christopher's growth as he realized what Harriett needed from him. There were many scenes that had me laughing to myself, and sweet kisses that had me grinning from ear to ear.

I am so happy that
A USA Today bestselling author of clean romance, Rachael Anderson is the mother of four and is pretty good at breaking up fights, or at least sending guilty parties to their rooms. She can't sing, doesn't dance, and despises tragedies. But she recently figured out how yeast works and can now make homemade bread, which she is really good at eating.
More about Rachael Anderson

Tanglewood (3 books)
  • The Fall of Lord Drayson (Tanglewood, #1)
  • The Rise of Miss Notley (Tanglewood #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“If everyone had weaknesses, it must follow that everyone had strengths as well. She simply needed to figure out what hers were and stop allowing ... [others] to make her doubt their existence.” 1 likes
“When life had its way with a person, one had to either give up or grow up.” 0 likes