Start by marking “Nate (Dark Protector #2)” as Want to Read:
Nate (Dark Protector #2)

Nate

(Dark Protector #2)

I rescued Sabrina from a mafia bloodbath when she was 13. As the new head of the Philly syndicate, I sent her to the best schools to keep her as far away from the life--and me--as possible. It worked perfectly. Until she turned 18. Until she came home. Until I realized that the timid girl was gone and in her place lived a smart mouth and a body that demanded my attention. ...more
Published August 23rd 2017 by Celia Aaron

To ask other readers questions about Nate, please sign up.
Celia Aaron Hi Anne! This is a standalone, but is in the same world as Dark Protector, with certain Dark Protector characters making cameo appearances. Thanks for…moreHi Anne! This is a standalone, but is in the same world as Dark Protector, with certain Dark Protector characters making cameo appearances. Thanks for the question. <2(less)

Start your review of Nate (Dark Protector #2)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2! Nate (stand-alone). Mob boss & his young ward fall into a steamy forbidden affair while enemies close in!

“The moment I had seen him in that blood-soaked house when I was barely thirteen I knew he would be my world.”

Nate (stand-alone) opens up five years after Nate Franco took over a mob empire, the Syndicate. The little orphan, Sabrina who became his ward has retuned home from boarding school for the summer.

Sabrina is no longer a little girl, but a stunning t
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥

From the moment I finished Dark Protector, I was praying that Nate would one day get his own book. At the time, I wasn’t sure if that would ever really happen, but what I did know was, he was an intriguing character that stole every scene he was in along with my heart. Hilarious, charming, and all round badass, Nate was a character that I wasn’t ready to let go of, and thankfully, I didn’t have to.

To say that I highly anticipated this book is putting it mildly, and when I finally got m
✰ Liz ✰
"I want you."

description

Nate is a stand alone contemporary romance with action, suspense, and plenty of steam. Aaron delivers another smoldering hero who lives raw and wild!

description
"Oh, so after you eat my pussy on the back lawn, it's time to cool it?"
Sabrina was a child when the unthinkable rips her from her parents and puts her in the care of foster parents. When her Russian Mob ties catch up with her, Sabrina is orphaned once again. Throughout her trauma, she remembers one man who protected her. Her r
Sophia Triad
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This girl was going to be the death of me.

Let’s start this review with an obvious observation: This book should have been named “Sabrina” instead of “Nate”. Because this is a book about Sabrina and everything you wanted to know about her.

There is also Nate (of course!). You remember –I hope- Nate. He was the easygoing, funny, loyal friend of Conrad Mercer, the hitman, from the Dark Protector book. Nate was not as lethal as Conrad, but he was not actually bad himself.

So, that Nate saved li
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳THIS SYNOPSIS AND COVER, OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Untitled

page_divider

REVIEW TO COME

GAH no wonder I was confused in the beginning of this, Nate was first introduced in 'Dark Protector' so in some ways it's best to read that before (like me) jumping onto this book even though it states this is a standalone without background knowledge it can be a tad confusing in some parts where the author mentions past events. Bugger me and my blondness!!

arc_banner_1
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
This was a good read. It kept me entertained, it kept me intrigued and it kept thinking.

However I just couldn't grasp that Sabrina was really only 18. An innocent 18 year old virgin on top of it. I struggled with it a lot throughout this book. She was just an unbelievable virgin with way too much knowledge and way beyond her innocence. But I liked it, yep that is me =)))

The chemistry is undeniably hot. Their relationship so trusting and solid. I loved the banter between Nate & Sabrina and I ado
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Well... the good news is I liked this book more than I liked Dark Protector, which is the book published before this book where we are first introduced to Nate. I would recommend reading Dark Protector first just to get a solid backstory for Nate before digging into this book. Though not absolutely necessary... it'll give you some info to fill in some of the holes you might step into reading this one.

First, we'll stop to admire that cover, because...

description

And, as I've stated in many reviews before..
Sabrina
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I've been not so patiently waiting for Nate's story since we were introduced to him in Dark Protector and now that I've read it, I can honestly say that it was well worth the wait. Since then, Nate has grown into his power and has becoming known for being ruthless. Unless Sabrina is around, then he can barely control his urges to have her.

Sabrina, he thinks, is the good girl and not one he should taint. But now that she's all grown up she isn't going to let him pus
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*

4.5 Stars

Truly impressive, from cover to cover I was in love! BTW, look at that cover. Oh my gah, what is it about that cigarette?! I just can’t…

Celia Aaron’s personality shines through in this thrilling mafia romance. Nate isn’t just a wise guy, he’s a wise-cracking mafia boss. Sounds good, right? You have to read this book to experience it for yourself. The juxtaposition of light hearted humor and gritty torture scenes is enough to engage and entertain any reader of this genre. It’s a grea
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
✩✩✩ 5 "I wanna have Nate's babies" stars!! ✩✩✩

Release Date: August 25, 2017
Genre: Romantic Suspense ~ Mafia Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Standalone with character crossover

I’ve been a huge fan of Nate’s ever since I got the chance to meet him in Dark Protector. To say that he left a lasting and phenomenally delicious impression on me would be an understatement. He was the humor amongst the grim circumstances. The laughter amidst the bloodshed. So yeah, I loved the g
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

If you’re like me, then you’ve been not so patiently waiting for Nate’s book. We knew he had the makings to not only hold his own, but to be a BOSS and let me tell you: No one could’ve pulled off wearing a bloody suit while giving you sexual humor at the same time. “Nate” wasn’t just an ordinary mafia romance that seduced you into their world and made you crave the danger you secretly wished for. This, was so much more.

Becoming the new Mafia Boss of the Philly Syndicate isn’t an easy
Alex ♈
Fre06 Begum
Coco.V
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The more I read Celia Aaron’s books the more I find them very enjoyable and extremely addictive and this one was no exception. Review to come…
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Our souls had met five years ago and whispered about each other ever since.”

I took one look at the cover of Nate and I was completely done for… I mean seriously? What is it about book covers with a hot as hell guy in a leather jacket, smoking, that does me in? No idea. But I was drawn to it instantly and did I mention his smouldering blue steel gaze? I know you should never judge a book by its cover, but I just could not resist.

Ok… well I kind of had high expectations for this one
Maria...
"4,5 Nate Stars"

Our souls had met five years ago and whispered about each other ever since.

I'm LOVING this cover so MUCH!!!

He's so damn yummy!!!

description

Brattiness was my weakness, and she had it in spades.

I got a taste of Nate and I couldn't get enough of him!

For once, words failed me-even the profane ones-and all I could do was stand and watch my destiny approach. I already knew what true love was. She stood right in front of me, hope in her eyes and faith in me in her heart.

This book was
CC
description

At thirteen years old, Sabrina Petrov lost her family due to a mob hit. Upon being saved by Nate, he’s acted as her guardian and protected her from impending danger. Since then she’s pined for him and now that she’s 18, her attraction has turned to more adult pursuits.

“I just feel like I’ve been a victim for most of my life. First with my father, then with his killer, then when you found me. I don’t want to feel that way anymore.”

Nate Franco has risen his way to mob boss of the Philadelph
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
The story picks up 5 years after Dark Protector. Nate has picked up the pieces of Vincent's underground kingdom and has become a ruthless but fair boss. He never sought out his position but Nate takes his responsibilities seriously and that includes protecting his people, going legit and making sure no one tries to muscle in on his territory.

Things start to get tense between his crew and the Russians and before Nate knows it, they're in an all-out war. In the middle of all this, 18 year old Sab
Deborah
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it

2.5 to 3* Disappointing

This book has been on my to-read list since it came out but after reading 'Dark Protector' and absolutely loving Nate I couldn't wait to start this one.

Now it's a very different Nate we find here he's no longer the wisecracking joker he's the boss and as he's found it's not a fun position to be in and the pressure and responsibilities have taken their toll.

The book opens in a bad place for Nate it's obvious he has a rat in his organisation and the Russians seem to be one
Snow
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved Conrad Mercer and Charlie's story in Dark protector and that's where Nate Franco appears for the first time and he sparked my interest, so to have his story was more than exciting...

HOWEVER,

somehow, even though, there were segments in Nate's story I very much liked, the very plot seemed predictable and at points pretty clumsy in its deliverance of being credible/logical😒 which kinda set my 'primarly excitement' to simmer down and well, this ended up being just an okay story for me...
Carol
Would probably have DNF if it was a longer book. I usually like Celia Aaron's dark and sexy reads but I struggled here. Nate really didn't seem to have any redeeming qualities for me and I just couldn't like him. The story was sordid and uninspiring. Actually I am not really sure why I finished it.👎
Mirjam
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

Our souls had met five years ago and whispered about each other ever since

Nate Franco, 33, has been running the Philly syndicate since taking over five years ago. Nate is a mob boss of the Don’t hesitate. Shoot first, ask questions later sort and does not play around when doing business.
When he rescued the life of a thirteen year old girl “You’re safe now. I swear.”, he swore he would do everything in his power to protect her She was mine to protect from the first moment I saw her, and I
Melanie (mells_view)
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
You're not a good girl. You're the worst girl.

Hot. Suspenseful. A bit of taboo and mystery. A bunch of naughty.

I enjoyed this read very much. I love anything involving mafia and smut, and Celia Aaron did not disappoint with Nate. I love that Sabrina knew what she wanted and she was hell bent on getting it. I loved that Nate just couldn't resist her. Plus they connection they shared was sweet on top of all the hot.

A really good read. If you enjoy mafia romance then I highly recommend this one!

ht
Janie
I don’t know what took me so long to read this one. I wanted Nate’s story so much after Dark Protector. It was everything I hoped it would be. I wish he didn’t push away so much in the beginning but I also understood it. These two are perfect for each other. And I love how strong Sabrina was.
MissDemeanor
3.5 Stars!

This is a flawed yet sexy and enjoyable mafia romance. For those that have read Dark Protector, you will surely remember Nate as the funny wise ass sidekick/partner of Conrad. 'Nate' is his story 5 years later with him now being the head of the Philly syndicate. His vision for the syndicate is much more progressive than the previous regime. They stopped dealing with prostitution and the hard drugs but are now leaning towards the lighter and more legal-ish stuff. He is also working on t
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

**Disclaimer: I highly recommend reading Dark Protector prior to this book as you'll meet Nate there, plus, you'll see how he came to be the head of the former Genoa family, as well as guardian to Sabrina.**

Five years have passed since Nate became the head of the family and he's changed. The fun loving, always cracking a joke Nate is still there, but it's rare to see him as he's under constant stress with business, the Russians coming after him, and trying to legitimize their illega
Mimiorphee
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
“This isn’t about deserve, this is about need. I don’t know what I deserve, but I know I need you ."

I've been curious about Nate since I met him in Dark Protector, and when I found out in the book blurb that Sabrina was going to be the heroine, I was really excited.
The story takes places 5 years after Nate rescued Sabrina. Being at the head of the Genoa empire seems to have changed him, he lost his playfulness and faces the responsabilities that come with his new status. Focused on his busin
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Nate' by Celia Aaron is the story of Nate and Sabrina.
This is a Dark Romance with some strong violence, so just beware of that in case you don't prefer Dark Romances.
Nate saved Sabrina when she was around 13 years old and became her guardian. Nate sent her off to school and when Holidays came around he would just send her on Vacation. Now she is 18 years old and although they haven't seen each other in awhile Sabrina still has a crush on him. Nate is very surprised to see how much Sabrina has
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-hero
⭐️4.5 stars⭐️

What a ride!

Nate, the sexy, badass, with a sense of humor mob leader stole my heart. He's dangerous and has done some horrible things, but it's all been to protect the people he loves.

Sabrina, was sassy and the perfect match for Nate. Their banter was amazing! They loved each other deeply and you could feel it.

The suspense and action was great too. The last 20% was action packed. I liked that the mob life wasn't sugar coated, and I was kept guessing who the mole was.

Overall this

• Venus
  • Taurus
  • Aries
  • Unconditional
  • California Dreamin'
  • His Little Secret
  • Forbidden (Forbidden, #1)
  • Affliction
  • Stranded
  • Damage
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Incantevole e proibito
  • Filthy Rich (The Five Points' Mob Collection, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Vlad (The V Games, #1)
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Enzo
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at celiaaaron.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

You can find me on:
Twitter: @celiaa

Dark Protector (3 books)
  • Dark Protector
  • The Butcher (Dark Protector #3)

News & Interviews