Start by marking “Ghosted” as Want to Read:
Ghosted

Ghosted

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  10,730 ratings  ·  1,206 reviews
A new second chance romance standalone from USA Today bestselling author J.M. Darhower.

He's a troubled young actor, Hollywood's newest heartthrob, struggling with fame as the star of the latest superhero franchise. Through scandal after scandal, addiction on top of addiction, a flurry of paparazzi hunt him as he fights to conquer his demons.

She's a single mother, assista
Published August 23rd 2017 by J.M. Darhower

·  10,730 ratings  ·  1,206 reviews

Candace
When I first saw that J. M. Darhower had a new book out, I knew that I'd have to read it. However, I frequently get wild ideas in my head, which are totally unfounded in reality, based on my snap judgments from looking at the cover. That is exactly what happened with this one. I got it in my head that this was going to be a paranormal type of story and I put it in the "some day" category, since it isn't my go-to genre.

Of course, it isn't at all a paranormal book and I have nobody to blame but m
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
4.5 STARS

The hype is REAL.

Which means that for once I’m NOT doing the black sheep thing.

Which also means that I fucking LOVED this book.

Whis also means that I'm on cloud nine.

Confession: I didn’t plan to read it. In fact, I avoided it like the plague. I even removed it from my shelves as soon as I read the blurb and some of the reviews. A Hollywood's newest heartthrob, a weak heroine, a celibate heroine…blah blah blah… Just NO.

But when 99% of your GR friends who you trust 5-star a book, you don
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Ghosted (stand-alone). Side-tracked by the ghosts of fame, fortune & scandal can two high-school sweethearts find the way back to each other?

“He’s destined to do bigger things, and staying would be selfish, so as much as he wishes he could be with her forever, he has to let her go, because that’s what love means.”

Ghosted (stand-alone) is a second chance romance between movie star and Hollywood heartthrob Jonathan Elliot Cunningham aka Johnny Cunning and assistant store manager an
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Stars

This was a nice read. Not as...angsty as I thought it might be (which is a plus/minus depending on what you're in the mood for), and very sweet.

Full review later, maybe.
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
CURRENTLY ON SALE!!! https://amzn.to/2nIUUe1

description

I know I say this with every books of hers, but really, this book was so fantastic! Perfection. Emotional and heartbreaking but SOOO sweet at the same time.

Ghosted tells the story of Jonathan Cunningham (aka Johnny Cunning) and Kennedy Garfield. They meet at the prestigious high school they're both enrolled in. Kennedy just wants to get good grades and make something of herself. Johnny couldn't care less about academics. He's a gifted actor with star
Wil Loves Books!
ALL THE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

“You’re the queen. I’m just a commoner.”

Oh my God, this book was just perfect! This is hands down second chance romance at its best. Definitely, an instant favorite and definitely one of the best books I’ve read this year.  Once I started this one I couldn’t stop, this was ALL THE FEELS! All of them, it was beautiful, it was raw, it was angsty, it was funny, it was romantic, it was sexy. All the things! Wow, JM Darhower truly hit this one out the park. I’m complete
Hulya Kara Yuksel
“But I just need to tell you… I need you to know… that even when I was completely fucked up, I never once stopped loving you.”

OMFG This was one of the most beautiful book I've ever read.😍😍😍 And I'm seriously in love with this talented woman!!!! JMD, you rock my world with each book! YOU.ARE.AMAZING! <3

And please forgive me, I have no fancy words for this review other than this but please, just please -in the name of God-, read this book like your life depends on it!!! Trust me, you won't r
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Never make someone else the main character in your own story.”

EVERYTHING. This book was EVERYTHING. All of the things. Of the angsty, second chance romance feels variety.

You know when you see a book on your feed and find yourself wondering if it's really worth all of the hype? I can tell you with total conviction, that this book is. It's a huge step away from Darhower's other books, pure contemporary, and downright magical.
He’s an actor. His talent comes natural. He’s never had to
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
”But the world isn’t always kind to good people. Sometimes it eats them alive.”

First things first:

Did this book restore my faith in f/m romances? - HELL, YES!!!
Was it the cute and adorable romance I expected it to be? – Nope, totally not but it was written so well that I could overlook the lack of those typical sweet and fluffy moments. I’m not saying there were none of them; they were just a whole lot different and way gentler than I expected them to be.

Okay, and now we’ve reached the moment
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“love doesn’t know titles.”

description

This book annihilated me. It hit hard, it hit perfect and it didn't stop hitting until the last word. Some stories allow their words to come alive and build the perfect fabrication around you. Very rarely do you come across a story that allows its words to make you come alive instead.

Jonathan and Kennedy's story is one that is not for the brave of heart, but it will result in making your heart brave. I loved this book to with every fibre, and am so honored that I l
Christy
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

photo IMG_1444_zpseyny411m.png

“You’re the queen. I’m just a commoner.”

What can I say about Ghosted that everyone hasn’t already said… it was pretty freaking perfect! I loved this one so much and I’m kicking myself for taking almost a year to read it! The audio book was amazing- Joe Arden and Maxine Mitchell voiced Kennedy and Jonathan perfectly. I loved everything about this book!

Kennedy Garfield and Jonathan Cunningham used to be everything to each other. Now, they don’t even know each other anymore. Jonathan
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

‘GHOSTED:’ Is a standalone second chance romance novel by J.M. Darhower, spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' In this we meet Kennedy Garfield & Jonathan Cunningham. Their story isn't pretty, but it's their story..And it's a story that must be told.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A second chance romance about a boy who loved a girl, who turns into a man that loves a woman.

I don’t know what it was about this book but as soon as I opened up that first page, and started reading I was hooked, this author just has a way with word
Paige
5 "Second Chance at its Best" Stars

This is how second chance romance is done! The angst. The heartbreak. The build up. The emotion. The history. All of it. Perfectly balanced and perfectly executed. Ghosted is about love, life, loss and the true defination of enduring love. Jonathan and Kennedy's story was beautifully heartbreaking and completely unputdownable.

Told in a captivatingly unique back and forth, past to present time hop, Jonathan and Kennedy go through the emotions of young love to t
Elizabeth
★4.5 Ghosted Stars★
"Days feel like months without you."
description

J.M. Darhower has wowed me once again! Ghosted, her new second chance romance, is an absolute must read. Full of heart, superheroes, Hollywood scandal, and a little girl that will melt your heart, Darhower offers an unforgettable romance full of passion and forgiveness.

description
"I know what it's like to be somebody's lone captive audience."
Kennedy Garfield is a single mom who has struggled to provide for her little girl. Assistant Manager of the
*****FIVE++++++++++++++++++STARS*****

One of the best books of 2017!
A PERFECT Second Chance Romance!

I'm in love with this reckless, starry-eyed fool who, in two day time, is going to walk out my front door, and all I can do is trust he'll come back with that same look of love in his eyes, because if he doesn't, it's going to break more hearts than just my own. And if he breaks hers, I'll never forgive him.

Believe the hype people! It's true.
This book was EVERYTHING!!

I am madly in love with Jonatha
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live http://amzn.to/2wIwSoQ

5 INTENSE stars

J.M. Darhower takes the reader on a journey full of intense and emotional moments between Jonathan and Kennedy. As their story unfolds the book goes back and forth between present day and the past giving the reader glimpses into their love story.

description

I fall in love with this story from the beginning,everything about it is brilliant.The writing is flawless and the plot amazing.I felt so connected to the characters and whatever they were going through was real
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Good god I'm a complete sucker. I'm a sucker for second chance romances. I'm a sucker for celebrity based books. And I am a sucker for anything and everything this author writes💗

This book blew me away, right from the start. This is a book that held me captive, made me hibernate until the end. You need me, sorry I'm over here hiding under a blanket so no one can find me.....

I had to find out how it ended. Had to know it ended well. Needed to know my heart was whole. And let me tell you, I am in
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
6 stars!

Ghosted deserves all the stars in the galaxy plus those yet to be discovered. This book utterly consumed me, and I have zero guilt for shutting out everyone and everything while I devoured it.

Ghost teaser

Typically, I find at least one tiny thing that bothers me about a book, even if it’s a 5-star read. There is absolutely nothing I would change about this book: not a character, not any aspect of the plot, and certainly not the writing style, which I’ll get to later.

If you have a weakness for second
Stacey is Sassy
***IT'S ALIVE!!!***

My first J.M. Darhower and it was bloody awesome

***Sorry, it's long, I rambled but I just couldn't help myself.***

I think I must be the ONLY person in the world (slight exaggeration) that had not experienced the greatness of J.M. Darhower. I feel like a bloody fool, to be honest. I knew of J.M. Darhower and that she was very popular but hadn’t had the chance to try her out. A few of my blogging friends online were doing emoji and gif fist pumps and bumps when the ARC request f
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮✮✮ ALL THE STARS ✮✮✮

Have you read the 5-star reviews for this book? They are all true! You know these kinds of books...the ones that you can't seem to shake off, even days after finishing the story you still think about these characters? Writing a review is always a bit like saying goodbye to them but this time I don't want to say goodbye.

Kennedy and Jonathan have never chosen the easy path. They always went the most promising one, if it meant for Jonathan to s
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I know I'm in the minority again -- I didn't love it. I enjoyed myself, but I feel like there were some holes in the story that I needed filled in order to love it. Like (view spoiler). I also felt like the relationship between them was just surface deep, and could've been so much better! It fel
Coco.V
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"We have to be our own heroes. No guy in a costume is coming to save us. We have to save ourselves."

I highly enjoyed this book and I was literally sucked right into the story. I found it wonderfully written and perfectly executed. Ghosted is about Kennedy Garfield and Jonathan Cunningham, and their train wreck of a love story. J.M. Darhower delivered a moving, emotionally charged and meaningful story and I’m in awe of her ability to make everything relevant. Nothing is forced or cliché in this
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Ghosted was my first J.M. Darhower book and I had no idea what to expect. This book made me fall in love, hope, tear up, and laugh. It broke my heart a little and fixed it right back. It is a story of love, second chances, redemption, and finding one’s way again.

Hollywood heartthrob Johnathan Cunningham, now known to the world as Johnny Cunning, is back in New York to shoot the latest franchise in his superhero movie. When a little mishap causes the producti
Malene
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ghosted is the definition of second chance romance cause wow, this story had everything and I mean everything I love in a second chance story. I'm completely blown away by J.M. Darhower. She captured me instantly and I was in love with Kennedy, Jonathan and Maddie. Don't get me started on this adorable kid. She was beyond cute and definitely captured the essence of being a 5-6 year old kid.

These characters had depth, multiple layers and showed growth throughout Ghosted. My emotions were all ove
Eliza
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

★5 STARS★

Ghosted tells the story of one time childhood sweethearts, Jonathan Cunningham and Kennedy Garfield. At Seventeen Jonathan is the moon, the stars, and the apple of Kennedy’s eye. At Twenty seven, he’s Hollywood royalty and deadbeat father to their five year old daughter, Madison.

The world knows him as “Jonny Cunning” but she knew him back when they shared a love of comics and would skip school to go to the movies. Now she knows him as the drunk who shows up once in a while full of apo
Dilinna
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More like 20 stars!!!! Yes!!! Yes baby!!!! That is how you write a second chance romance!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! *doing my happy dance* My heart is bursting at the seams....i am jst freaking happy i read this book...*happy sigh*. SOO ABOUT THE BOOK! Spoilers ahead pls!

You’re the queen. I’m just a commoner.

First of all....second chance romance is my jam, its my favorite troupe....i am trash for it but doesnt mean if u give me trash i will accept it....no way.....it has to be damn classy and soo well ou
Jacqueline's Reads
6 Superhero – Single Mama – Second Chances – AWESOME – Stars

I started writing my review about five times. I keep on going back and deleting, adding and deleting again. Sometimes you read a book that is so good it just leaves you speechless.

I’m speechless. I absolutely loved Ghosted. I LOVED IT. When I started the book I knew within the first page that I was going to devoured this novel like a popsicle on a hot summer day. Ghosted is a long book, but honestly I could have read hundreds of pages m
Snow
Awww, well, fuck it...

I LIKED IT! I LIKED IT HELLUWA LOT *wink*

as I said, I usually don't read the "hyped" book on the first jump...
but then again, since I don't wanna feel left out either, I usually give in and read it in the end...eventually...

so, without further ado...

everybody have already said all there is to say about this book, and I can only agree with them... *shrugs*

I won't go into reinterpretating the blurb thingy like I usually do...

I won't even post any quotes either...

But, i wanna
Robin Hill
6 stars.

Your dream has become my nightmare, and I’m begging you to let me wake up.

Wow. I loved EVERYTHING about this book. The plot, the characters, even the flashbacks (I usually hate flashbacks). I read it in less than 24 hours and for me, that's a record. I couldn't put it down. I stayed up until 3:45 am reading, then picked it back up at 7 am. I ugly cried, and not because it was sad--it was, believe me--no, I cried when I noticed I was at 98%. Seriously. I cried for ten minutes just becau
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
  • Whatever Remains
  • Running Barefoot
  • Epoch (Transcend Duet, #2)
  • Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)
  • The Paper Swan
  • Frayed Silk
  • How the Light Gets In (Cracks Duet, #2)
  • 8 Mile & Rion
  • Breaking Giants
  • Sex, Lies & Nikolai
  • Drive
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • In Harmony
  • We All Fall Down (Of Love and Madness, #2)
  • Wicked Heart (Starcrossed, #3)
  • Still (Grip, #2)
  • Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2)
“Never make someone else the main character in your own story.” 55 likes
“But if there’s one thing I’ve learned from it all, it’s that we have to be our own heroes. No guy in a costume is coming to save us. We have to save ourselves.” 28 likes