Start by marking “Sexcation” as Want to Read:

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  645 Ratings  ·  184 Reviews
He’s British.
She’s American.

They meet on vacation.
And agree to fake name each other.

One is lying about everything.
The other is telling the truth.

They’re about to embark on a sexcation.
But what happens when it’s over?
Published August 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Sexcation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sexcation

Bibi
✰ D r i ✰
Aug 25, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 21%

Adoro livros com povs alternados, mas detesto quando os capítulos ficam repetitivos.
Não entendo qual a necessidade de contar novamente o que aconteceu no capítulo anterior...
Não estou no humor pra relevar isso... :(
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it

Sexcation is about two strangers who met on vacation. Jade and Jackson are both in Bermuda with the intent to relax and forget about life at home. When they first meet, they are instantly attracted to each other in a lustful, physical way. They decide that they would spend their entire vacation together pretending to be a couple but not really revealing their true identities. They both agree that once it is over they will go back to their old lives, so why not make the best of it right?

Well, pla
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Okay, I have never had a holiday fling but I know friends who have. A bit of harmless fun, some great sex and then you part ways never to see each other again. What if you take it one step further and use fake names, never revealing anything true about yourself?

Welcome to the story of Jackson and Jade ☺ Jade has recently broken up with her long term boyfriend and after some convincing by her best friend, decided to go away for a weeks holiday on her own. Jackson is there for a one week break fr
Leslie
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
3.5 ***
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Sexcation is an unbelievably sexy summer read! I adored both characters … I’ll call them Jade and Jackson, for now. They were fun and sexy. They knew how to connect and did it with passion and flair. I, honestly, read this book in 5 hours … she had me hooked right from the beginning and had me wishing for a whole lot more at the end.

Jackson just needed a holiday before branching out in America. He needed to get away, have some fun and maybe have a hook-up or two. His mind was changed as soon as
Karen
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think the name made this book seem more dirty than it was actually. So disregard the title, please.
It was pretty entertaining and very sexy sweet and that was just the week in Bermuda.
Things got more complicated after their vacation or got easier, depends on how you see their leaving the island without sharing their real names or hometowns.

Fun story and I liked the characters. It was clear what Story's problem was (besides the dumb first name) and therefore you sort of understand her behavior
Christina Szczepan-santos
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

Two strangers meet on vacation and it ends up leading into their best week ever.
I loved the banter between the two of them, it was fun.
The book was hot without being overly done.
where can I find me a hot Brit ;-)

Basically I loved the book. I devoured it.
received for an honest review
Jenny
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'll admit, I almost gave up on this book. There is ALOT of inner dialogue that is very repetitive of the chapter before and I found myself skimming ...

But I needed to know what happened when the trip came to an end!

What a bizarre yet interesting twist. The second half was much better. Still same issues but I just passed over it.

More of a 3.5 from me.
Emma
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
One week - fake identities - irresistible chemistry - the vacation of a lifetime - a fantasy come to life - paradise - the only thing that could ruin it would be to fall in love ♥

Jade and Jackson are on a weeks vacation to a tropical paradise to get away from the pressures of their real lives for a short time. Instinctively drawn to each other more than just the physical from first glance. It would seem the universe is conspiring to bring them together, making them neighbours in adjoining rooms
Andi Isack
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Expect the unexpected

Usually a vacation means relax, fun, traveling. This is more than
that, cause Jade will get so much more.
Do you find the British accent....irresistible? And if this British
guy is also good looking and the first thing he does when he get close
to you....is introducing himself with....a kiss??? That's how Jade met
Jackson. And when he tells Jade that he needs to play along pretending
to be his wife? Obviously and unexpectedly she agrees. Now her
vacation looks so much better right?
Jessica Alcazar
Okay, so this happened .... what I assumed would be a quick rom-com about two strangers meeting on a vacay and falling into lust and having lots of incredible sexy times turned into a really heart warming story about two strangers meeting on vacay and growing from lust to more :) color me *haaaaaaaaaappy sigh* :)

I really enjoyed everything about this story. The way it unfolded was very realistic and relatable. Both Story and Jackson were created perfectly for each other, both with hurdles of
Nancy Metsch
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
again Heidi McLaughlin doesn't disappoint me as a fan , Sexcation was amazing
First let me say that love that Jackson was from England and British terms were used. I really liked that.
Jade was everything that a woman wants to be. she's on vacation and Mets a very sext stranger who literally rocks her world.
I won't say to much more. But know this book is a musty read
Liz
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun read!
April Symes
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, arc-review
Sexcation is one unbelievably hot and steamy sexy summer romance read. Both characters Jade and Jackson make up this couple who have a holiday fling then you part ways never to see each other again. Why would she have this fling, well Jade has recently broken up with her long term boyfriend and after some hard core push by her best friend, decided to go away for a week’s holiday on her own. Jackson is there at this resort because he is worn out and wants to just regroup and disconnect from his b ...more
Diane
Sexcation begins as a bit of a holiday fling, but emotions get tangled up and what starts with a few lies quickly becomes a complicated mess.

"...he’s now sitting on the chaise next to me, acting as if it’s an everyday occurrence to kiss a complete stranger."

-Full review to follow-
Sarah Robinson
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sexy vacation romance perfect for your next summer read!
Natalia
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had high expectation for this story but She was dumb has a door!!!
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 4.5 My Kind Of Vacation ~

Have you ever wanted to go on a vacation and just pretend you are someone completely different? Just to step outside of your life…just for a little while??

Well that is what Sexcation by Heidi McLaughlin is about. It was a fun and interesting read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found the storyline to entertaining and the characters were relatable and lovable. I had no trouble at all connecting with these char
Nicole
So, I read this over the course of a day and loved it. Jackson is so damn swoon-worthy it ain't funny. The way he and Jade hit it off right from the start, they had that psuedo-relationship that seemed real and believable, despite the fact they literally met at the vacation resort. Jade seems to be that sweet/shy type who wants to embrace her sexuality but doesn't feel comfortable being sexy, especially after the little bomb her ex told her at the end of their relationship, except she doesn't fe ...more
Becca
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tropical Location? Check. Sexy Brit? Check. Secret Romance? Check. Sexcation has all the fun you're looking for in a romance read and more! I've said it once and I'll say it over and over again... you can never go wrong with a read from Heidi. I adore her and her characters always suck you in from the beginning.

So what would you do if the most beautiful man you have ever seen, starts walking towards you, looking at you like your his next meal, and then plants a whooper of a kiss on you? Well, I
Theresa Alberts
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a blind sign up for the blog that I review for...I took a leap of faith without knowing the title or the synopsis on reading Heidi McLaughlin's latest book and boy am I happy I did!!

While the title of this book may lead some readers to infer that this book is nothing more than pages filled with never ending sex...you couldn't be more wrong. I absolutely loved Jackson & Jade/Story's story and I turned each page with a hope that they would have a happy ending.

Story took a vacatio
Glorimar Irizarry
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-reviewed
I was given a advance copy for an honest review and I thought sexcation was ok, I am a fan of Heidi McLaughlin's book "Forever my Girl," so I was looking forward to reading more of her work. I think she is a good writer and the whole pretense of the book is two strangers meeting during vacation, lusting for other another and pretending to be husband and wife for a week. I am not too big on books where characters rush into love and hook up quickly, I understand for this book to work that it neede ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jade has been through a rough break up, so her best friend makes her take a vacation to Bermuda by herself. And while she's trying to keep to herself, she meets Jackson, who is also there on a trip, and while trying to help him, she realizes that she has a real attraction to him. So they embark on a fake name sexcation, and while they are heating up the sheets, feelings quickly follow, but neither goes back on the agreement. When they both get to their different homes, they find that they can't ...more
Tania's Book Blog
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vacation fling, one gave their real name the other one didn't. It was supposed to be pretend for one week and then disappear. Unfortunately Jackson and Story aka Jade never expected to be in love at the end of their vacation.

They met while on vacation in the strangest way but had mind blowing sex and never exchanged phone numbers or even last names. They both left Bermuda broken hearted, him to England and her to New York. They both couldn't forget the other.

Fast forward couple weeks and it seem
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4 / 5 stars

This was a great read, it was sexy, fun and of course, sweet. The perfect blend that makes up a great romance novel.
I didn't like how Story acted with Jackson once they met after Bermuda, she's was being really stupid. I seriously liked Jade way better than Story. Yeah, she kind ruined the book a little for me at that point but I still enjoyed reading this book. And Jackson, hot damn!

⌲ Order at: Amazon UKAmazon US

⌲ Follow me on: BlogInstagramFacebook Twitter
Leticeia
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating: 3-3.30

I had HIGH expectations for this book and while it wasn’t horrible, it was disappointing. The overall plot was interesting, yet I found Story to be annoying. I understood her history with bullying in the past, but I did find her frigid. I mean she purposely avoiding going to her parent’s home because they lived above the Family business. REALLY?!

I completely get the torture she experienced, but her complete aversion to the IDEA was slightly over the top. So she was annoying IMO.

N
Beth
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could have swore I had read something from Heidi??!??!?!?!? ... but didn't find one yet, I have plenty on my TBR list ... she is one of those authors I keep meaning to get there, but there are never enough moments to read from all the great authors I want too, never enough time!! never, i need more time, let's just stop the clock while we all read, sounds good too me!! Forget everything else, the house work, life, stop starting NOW! please? now I have ... this was a great read. One of those read ...more
Tammi
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the concept of this book. Strangers meet, have a week long romantic sex filled fling, stay strangers, and part ways. It fun, it's exciting and perfect for 2 busy adults who are not looking for a relationship after vacation. BUT....
I saw a love starting, feelings forming, truths about who the really were sneaking out. Suddenly I wanted them together and their week was ending. Thank Heavens I was only 50% in!!
The rest of their story was not smooth sailing or easy going like their sexcation
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels, inclu
More about Heidi McLaughlin

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Diamond Brooch (The Celtic Brooch #7)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99