Start by marking “Craving Love & Death (Perilously Pretty #1)” as Want to Read:
Craving Love & Death (Perilously Pretty #1)

Craving Love & Death

(Perilously Pretty #1)

Most women in the 1950s dream of a perfect life, pleasing their bread-winning husbands and raising happy families. Vivienne...well...she dreams of a life in which she doesn't need to murder the men she sleeps with.

ebook
Published January 20th 2019 by Haven Cage (first published October 6th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Craving Love & Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craving Love & Death

Coco.V
Sep 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/14/18)!💝

Blurb:

She may play the role of a quiet, docile nightclub singer and waitress for her friends and family, but, behind closed doors, Vivienne gives into an insatiable lust and hunger no man can escape.

She just wants to ignore her disturbing temptations. H
Sissy Johnson
Oh, where do I begin with this great book??? Maybe let's begin with Vivienne, the throaty, curvaceous lounge singer/waitress whose is hiding a killer past? Or how about the sexy Lt. Dean Vitson whose past is just as dark and dangerous as Vivie? When these two met, sparks fly and the body count grows higher.

Vivie and Dean's love affair is very sensual and wonderfully dark. Though Vivie would like to do nothing but stay away Dean to keep him out of harms way, Dean keeps coming back into her life t
Keri
Haven Cage does an amazing job painting with words. I have read all of her books and with each one I am able to picture each scene as if I were there. She does not fill a scene with too many details but gives you enough to picture what the character's worlds look like.

I will say her books start off slow for me. I seem to struggle with getting sucked in in the beginning but once I get past the first chapter or two I can't put it down.

Craving Love & Death is different than her Falter trilogy
Michelle Hughes
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brianna Belbin
This was an amazing dark romance that kept you hooked until the end and wanting more! This book was set in the 1950’s when women did what they were told by their husband and didn’t shake things up and when mobsters met in secret clubs to plot their next move. Vivid is a night club singer and waitress, but her lust and hunger make her into something else off the clock. Vivie has a dark and gruesome past which leads to her current predicament of being wanted and killed for murder. Lt. Dean has a p ...more
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Dark and stunning

Having previously read books by ths author, I was really looking forward to thisone. Once again Ms Cage has exceeded all of my expectations. Packed with drama, suspense, lies and deception from beginning to end, this book will have you glued to your seat. just try and see if you can put it down.

Haven has that knack of creating worlds and characters that just drag you in. enter the world that Vivie lives in. One that has its dark secrets and hopes for a chance to change. Vivie
Mary  Meredith
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great read from Haven Cage! I could not put this story down. The writing style had me flipping pages on my kindle as fast as I could read them. This takes place in an era not so long ago where mobsters met in secret clubs to plot domination. One thing stands out in Molly’s and that is Vivie. Not only is she a looker with a voice, but she has a deadly secret. She has a vivacious and lively personality but not to be confused with a meek and timid girl. This definitely gives you the feels fo ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is my first book that I have read by Haven Cage and it will not be the last. I mean I have never read a book so true to the times. I get nervous when I read books that are from years ago because sometimes it is not true to the culture and events that are happening but Haven did an amazing job of writing this story that hooked me right from the beginning and I could not put it down. I had to stay up late to finish this book but I loved every minute of it.

In this story we meet Vivie and Lt. D
Petula
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vivienne is a girl with a difficult past that has made her do things that "normal " girls wouldn't even think of. The craving to kill the men she has sex with is something she can't seem to control. So far she's never been caught but it looks like someone knows what she's been doing.
Dean Vitson has been blackmailed into finding and killing a woman who has attracted the wrong person's interest.
It's kill or be killed for both our lead characters. All either of them want is a normal life, but tha
Hazel Lewis
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I receive this book for a honest review
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read this book for Haven cage
At first I got quite confused with the Russian (shouldn't of read the first part of the book whilst half a sleep) but you get the meaning of what is being said.
Gutted about the ending don't get me wrong I loved it but wish I found out more than what was written.
Loved the book definitely worth a read loved all books books by haven so far can't air for more
Ashley Hedden
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Craving Love & Death by Haven Cage was a great read. It is a novel in A Perilously Pretty series. This book is set in the 1950s and follows a woman who is unlike many of the there women of the time. Vivienne gives into a hunger that no man can escape alive. That is until Dean. Dean is unlike any other man to Vivienne. I enjoyed this read and can't wait to read more by the author.
Victoria Haugen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lotsa cravings going on here!
Great story about Vivienne, she's a gutsy, cool broad and I love it!
Darkly delightful, this one was so much fun to listen to. Story was great, narration was great, really enjoyed it :)

Wanting some dark noir? Well, you just found it. Check it out :)
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Jaime
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dark and twisted, this book had me from the very first page. I loved Vivie’s character and the whole storyline was amazing! It takes place in the 1950s era, which I love. Vivie’s character was killer, literally. I love a strong female lead and I really love the dark romance type stories. I really recommend this book if you love books where love and death go hand in hand.
Sarah Strawinski
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It has just enough twists and turns to keep me wanting more. Now I have to wait until the next book to find out more about Vivie. I love Haven’s writing style and will read all her books, no matter the genre or subject matter.
Cynthia Glanowski
Sep 24, 2018
Michelle Biggerstaff
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good

The unexpected badassness was such a thrill. Love the power struggle. Love the unexpected twists. Love the detail and ambiguity of the time and location. Great read.
Cheryl  addie
added it
Wendy Vargas
Nancy Jones
Sep 13, 2018
Haven Cage lives in the Carolinas with her husband and son. After many years of dabbling with drawing, painting, and working night shift in the medical field, she decided to try her hand at writing. Unfortunately, her love for books came later in life and proved to add a healthy challenge during her writing journey. Determined to hone her craft though, she soaks up as much information as she can, ...more

Perilously Pretty (2 books)
  • Coveting Love & Revenge (Perilously Pretty #2)