Start by marking “Stray Magic” as Want to Read:
Stray Magic

Stray Magic

(Unexpected Magic #6.5)

Free from author website upon signup for newsletter

Author's Note:
In creating two large, eccentric families, I will inevitably develop characters who never quite fit into a larger story. Jacques Bellamy-Ives is one of them. I adore Jacques. He's cheerful, he's highly intelligent, and he's creative-- always a plus in my book. He has his flaws, but none of them are large eno
Kindle Edition
Published September 2017 by Rice Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Stray Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stray Magic

Annette
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I love this series by Ms Rice.

This is a novella with Jacques Bellamy-Ives who is a part of a family with every member blessed with a special talent. He is not scientific but he is a talented author of plays And he is in love with Seraphina the manager of the theater where he works.

He is generous enough to provide a home for actresses who have no where to live. He is talented enough to have written what he believes will be a big success. But, a fire destroys his play and everything
Sharyn
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series. I have read all the Malcolm and St. ives books. Great characters, great plots, and love when we see characters we love show up in each subsequent book. my favorite and also least favorite point was Sersphina's father convincing her she was dumpy and that Jacque preferred men, so he could keep her close. Jacque had no idea why she didn't like him, while of course she was mad for him. Also, great opening scene. Hope there will be more.
Peggy
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Rice's Magic series, this one is no exception, it is a short version of her stories, but I really enjoyed this about the theater people and how they got along. This story is a little different then the Magic stories with the male character having the different abilities in magic. Great story.
Wendy
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very fun short story about Jacques Bellamy-Ives, his life in the theater, and his love, Seraphina—the manager of the theater whose father told her Jack was gay so she wouldn’t fall in love with him. Circumstances lead to the introduction of Seraphina to the Ives and Malcolm families in a dinner gone awry. Very satisfying story.
Tamara
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute story. I wish there was more to it. It does give you a taste of the series.
Clarissa Boggs
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've loved every story in this series and this one was no exception . Great characters but wished it was longer
Sandee
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ereader
Sweet romance with a bit of mystery. It is too short but it does fit with the series and provides satisfaction about Jacques life.
etherealfire
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
e-book
Ali Molenaar
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: magie, romances
Mijn bespreking in het Nederlands: https://alimolenaar.nl/stukjes/theate...
Tina Miles
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this series. Full of magic, romance, saucy heroines and handsome heroes. And an HEA for all. Better if read as a series. Not as good as her original Magic series IMHO.
Lesley
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
A sweet short story. Playwright Jacques (Jack) Ives-Bellamy get his HEA with theatre owner Seraphina (Phin) Simmons. Thoroughly enjoyed.
Kathleen Schrieber
Daniela
Feb 14, 2018
Dani
Feb 16, 2018
With several million books in print and New York Times and USA Today's bestseller lists under her belt, former CPA Patricia Rice writes emotionally-charged contemporary and historical romances which have won numerous awards, including the RT Book Reviews Reviewers Choice and Career Achievement Awards.

Her books have also been honored as Romance Writers of America RITA® finalists in the historical,

Unexpected Magic (6 books)
  • Magic in the Stars (Unexpected Magic #1)
  • Whisper of Magic (Unexpected Magic, #2)
  • Theory of Magic
  • Aura of Magic(Unexpected Magic Book Four)
  • Chemistry of Magic: Unexpected Magic Book Five