Start by marking “The Lifetimes When Jesus and Buddha Knew Each Other: A History of Mighty Companions” as Want to Read:

Two and a half decades ago, Ascended Master Teachers Arten and Pursah appeared to Gary Renard and held a series of conversations with him that elaborated on the teachings of two spiritual classics, The Gospel of Thomas and A Course in Miracles. Gary immortalized what he learned in the books of his best-selling series: The Disappearance of the Universe, Your Immortal Realit

Published November 14th 2017 by Hay House

Be the first to ask a question about The Lifetimes When Jesus and Buddha Knew Each Other

Start your review of The Lifetimes When Jesus and Buddha Knew Each Other: A History of Mighty Companions
Jay Matthews
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing Read

This is the final book of this series. I only hope that there are more! Thank you so much Gary for writing these. They have been a wonderful help.
Lynn
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pre-ordered this book as soon as it was available. Prayed that it would arrive in time for me to take on my trip to the other side of the world where I will be for seven weeks. My prayer was answered as it arrived the morning of the day I was going to leave. So easy to be so grateful!

It only looks like it took me two days to read this. I crossed the international dateline… It only took me 10 hours or so to finish the book. What a ride! So much amazing information. I think I'll read it again.
April
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth Herrera
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great insights into Past Lives within the illusion

Interesting insights into the spiritual journey of Christ and Buddha. It also reminded me to once again focus on the lessons of forgiveness, no matter how big or small that lesson might appear to be.
Nathan Lively
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
feels so good

to know i can be enlightened in the lifetime and that i have already lived 1,000s of lifetimes before this one.
Z G
Dec 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Every page of this book is full of lies!

I give few examples of lies. Its kindle book page numbers.

1. Page 52 utter lie made up by Gary Renard!!

Gary states that there is grandson of paramahansa yogananda whom he met!!

If anyone knew of Yoganada him from his book “autobiography of a yogi” or knew his disciples they will know he was a complete kriya yogi, a celibate ascetic, a sanyasi, a brahmachari and true disciple of Sri yukteswar Giri!

2. Page 70 the way Arten speaks about Buddha is worse than
Larry Seyer
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gary is one of the best ACIM teachers I know.

His clear explanations of the meaning behind the teachings of ACIM are invaluable.

I know he is right when he says 'there can only be one interpretation of the course'.

Many have skirted around this real meaning for years - even me. But once you look at what it is saying without prejudice, you will come to the same conclusion.

I especially liked the parts where he shares the information from Arden and Pursa about lifetimes on other planets and civilizat
Nicolás Medina
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish i could go back in time...
back to those
unspoiled moments
in our relationship
Before hurt
ever touched our hearts,
before doubt
ever entered our minds.
Because if i could go back
and start from those moments
once more,
I would hold you longer
never miss a chance
to tell you
How much you mean to me...
and i would never,
ever hurt you
But i know we can't go back
to those days
I know i can't erase
the mistakes.
I can't take away the questions
you must have
Or the hurt we have both felt
But i can assure you one thi
Joseph Wolfgram
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not sure about this one...

It appears that this author has been around for a while, and has published quite a bit. However, too much of what he conveys within this text seems contradictory to what so many others have taught through channeled dictation. There is good stuff in here, but it’s interlaced with questionable and contradictory information. Struggling with this one; just doesn’t resonate as pure with me.
Tim Byrnes
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Gary's books once; some twice some three times. It is good for me to pay attention to the message of A Course in Miracles on a daily basis. Gary helps me focus on my function. He has an unusual approach to help me understand a pretty complex metaphysical lesson. ...more
Jordan
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love Gary's books and the simple translation of the heart of ACiM. I gain a lot from the gentle playful reminders and always tear right through them. This book is no exception—a quick, fun read that mostly stays true to what the Course is really about.

I have to give it 3 stars though because I wouldn't recommend this for someone who isn't already deeply into A Course in Miracles; there's too much wacky stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the heart of the message. Even the concep
Elaine
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it is another form of the book named “A course in Miracle”, It is very interesting that the conversation about our super masters like Jesus、Buddha 、Laozi and the relationship among them as well as their enlightenments.also it tell us the core of ACIM that only the forgiveness in world is needed to be done by us,meanwhile anywhere and anytime listen to the only one Holy Spirit in our mind.let us cheer up when we forgive anything and the world is nothing in mind but the God exists in our mind,God ...more
Marysue
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So helpful when following ACIM.

Gary Reynard has written another book with the help of his guides and angels, Arten and Pursah. Their explanations of A Course in a Miracles are so helpful in explaining the concepts which are written in language which is quite obscure to the beginner. Thank you to Gary, Arten, Pursah and St. Thomas!
Eren Salas
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un libro realmente fascinante, lleno de grandes nuevas verdades que algunos pueden rechazar al considerarlas falsas, más para mi caso, los libros de Gary me han llevado a la certeza y a descubrir un camino que de otra manera no hubiera visto. Es un libro para leer con la mente abierta y que debe de meditarse, son de esos libros que uno quisiera repasar para no dejar pasar detalles esenciales.
Biju Thomas
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clear guidance to the practitioners of ACIM

Consistent with the pure non-dualistic system of thought. This book has brought even more clarity to the teachings of ACIM. After All, understanding the ineffable nature of our own being is difficult to remember in this world of dreams. We need teachers like Gary to light our path.
Kinjal Parekh
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is my first Gary Renard's read.
The book was very easy to connect and understand. At instance, you find yourself lost in your own thoughts struggling to accept few unuversal truth.
The insights are very informative. Overall, it is unique and a lot can be leant from this spiritual read.
Antonia G. Melamed
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

This book’s premiss is little offsetting at first. But as one “allows” Jesus, Buddha and oneself wider spiritual vision, this book becomes more and more “real” and thus a clear guide for one’s life. Thank you Gary!
Rogier
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gary delivers. Again.

Nothing else needs saying. This book fills in a lot that was previously sketchy in terms of the historical connections, and it deepens the meaning of working with the Course even more.
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find Gary's books annoying, all except the first one. Rated as literature, um, well, maybe three stars. Rated as forgiveness opportunity? Millions and billions of stars. This book helped me! The dream of a person who gets annoyed is passing away. ...more
Cynthia T Cannon
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a Course student phonies grateful

For the gift of this book. Thanks to all who have brought it to me. Somehow knowing of the trials of a couple of Jesus lives has made me feel even closer to him.
Deborah Underwood
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant and life-changing...has to be experienced for oneself.
Myriam
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read.
That book helps you evolve on your spiritual path.
Dorina Taubmann
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am impressed about its straight talk.
One example: