Start by marking “Christmas, Alabama” as Want to Read:
Christmas, Alabama

Christmas, Alabama

(Alabama #4)

Photographer Rachel Prudhomme has finally settled in Ministry, Alabama. Sure, the pace is slower, and she's had her heart blessed more times than she can count, but putting down her roots where her family is feels right, if only the town’s new doctor and now neighbor weren’t so hot and constantly igniting her dreams. How can she keep her vow to steer clear of men when he k ...more
Paperback

To ask other readers questions about Christmas, Alabama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas, Alabama

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

The best you can expect as a lovely single woman is open hostility from the other single women and their mommas until you find a man and get yourself off the market.

“There aren’t a lot of unattached men around here that have all the desired qualities.” Like a decent job and most of their teeth.

You’re blushing like an old maid. Must be a pretty hot memory to bring that kind of red to your cheeks.

My Review:

I enjoyed this refreshingly sweet and entertaining story from start to finis
Elaine
Christmas celebrations in Ministry, Alabama are truly a community series of events! Little did Dr Nicholas (Nick) Sullivan realise just how much his life was about to change when he was coerced into working over Christmas. He thought the small town would be ill-equipped, insular and somewhere he couldn’t wait to escape from - he was so wrong!

Get ready for the predatory single ladies to get cooking to try to win his heart . . . . whilst his next door neighbour, photographer Rachel Prudhomme, prov
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
A delicious small town story. This is the first one I read in the series and even though this is a standalone I can tell I'm missing information about some characters. I will be reading the other books in the series--love the characters and the setting.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes: https://badassbloggettes.wordpress.co...
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

There’s just something about a small town romance that will always draw me in. The quaint, charming setting – the quirky, lovable people – and the traditions, as well as the drama that truly can only be found in a small town. For those who’ve been born and raised in the big city suburbs, small town USA might as well be located on another planet. That’s kind of how Nick Sullivan was feeling when he discovered that due to the small fact his contract with the big city h
Susan Peterson
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas, Alabama is exactly the kind of book I like to read during the holidays. It's warm and cozy, sweet and charming, filled with colorful characters and small-town charm!! Rachel is a photographer who moved to Ministry after her sister got married and settled down here. Nick is a successful Atlanta surgeon when he winds up in Ministry temporarily. Rachel and Nick are both keeping their hearts closely guarded but can't deny the sparks between them! This is such a delightful story, and Rache ...more
P.e. lolo
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
You are back in Ministry, Alabama this time with Rachel Purdhomme a photographer. She is also Sabine’s sister if you have read any of the other books in this series. Living in the same town with her sister and mother she is finally feeling like a family for the first time in years. Now Dr. Nicholas Sullivan has drawn the short straw from the Atlanta hospital he has been working and though he is going to this small town he really is not looking forward to it. After a welcoming dinner he ends up r ...more
Paula Pugh
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a fun read with a ton of humor Southern style and a sweet romance, Christmas, Alabama is the book to get. Susan Sands writes with such a flair that you fall into the novel easily and stay there with joy.
Rachel moved with the rest of her small family (mother and sister) to Ministry, Alabama after the disaster her father wrought in his New Orleans scandal. She is establishing her photography business in the small town and loving its warmth and inclusion. Nick Sullivan has be
Kerry Croucier
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ministry, Alabama is a beautiful small town with interesting, quirky, characters. Ministry at Christmas is just amazing. Rachel Prudhomme has finally joined her mother and sister, Sabine, in Ministry and is working hard on her photography business, hoping to finally have a studio of her own. The last thing she wants or needs is a man. Nick Sullivan has his eye on a prestigious position in Atlanta and is frustrated when he is told that he needs to spend the rest of the year at Ministry's hospital ...more
Bette Hansen
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute read. It's a wonderfully sweet romance with lots of southern humor, very little angst, and some pretty amazing characters. It's just a nice easy read that will leave you with a smile.

Dr. Nicholas Sullivan thought being sent to Ministry, Alabama was the worst thing that could have happened. That is until he meets Rachel Prudhomme. Rachel is new to Ministry too but she has family and has gotten to know a few people in town. Too bad she's sworn off men for a while. The handsome doctor i
Badass Bloggettes
There is something special to me about a story set in a small town. I believe it is because I loved my summers with my grandparents who lived in a small Kansas town. When I read about the quirky people and places in these small-town USA stories, it takes me back immediately. Christmas Alabama by Susan Sands does that for me. It makes me remember the fun, camaraderie, and happiness of my youth.

Christmas Alabama features Rachel Prudhomme, Ministry’s rising photographer, and Nick Sullivan, the
Madonna
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas, Alabama is the first book by Susan Sands that I have read. I think I may have to look for some others. The story is typical for this type of romance. I found the town and the people to be entertaining.

While I enjoyed reading the story, the typo's and the complete paragraph, repeated on page 174, interfered with my enjoyment. Just wondered if anyone ever proofreads books anymore or if they just rely on spell-check to see to their usage and grammar.

All in all, an enjoyable read. Thanks
Fred
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet.
Emma
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas, Alabama by Susan Sands
Photographer Rachel Prudhomme has finally settled in Ministry, Alabama. Sure, the pace is slower, and she’s had her heart blessed more times than she can count, but putting down her roots where her family is feels right, if only the town’s new doctor and now neighbor weren’t so hot and constantly igniting her dreams. How can she keep her vow to steer clear of men when he keeps sauntering across her path?
For Dr. Nicholas Sullivan to get his dream job in Atlanta, h
Pam
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Southern charm, holidays and lovely romance- a great book to read at Christmas time. I think I will read the whole Alabama series. I enjoyed this book that much.
Ash P Reads
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Prudhomme having grown weary of her wanderer life has decided to put down roots in Ministry, Alabama. She's not looking to lose her heart though since it was broken by the man she once idolized; her father.

Dr. Nicholas Sullivan has his dream job within reach but a few weeks in a hospital in Ministry, Alabama is a pre-requisite. so he packs up and moves in, right next to Rachel. An amicable friends with benefits relationship ensues.

But as Nicholas' time in Ministry draws nearer to the end
Sandy Johnson
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the South and small towns. This book brings back a feeling of home for me. Once I read the first page I couldn't put it down. Susan Sands captures so much in her books! Love, family, happy endings. I LOVED this book.
BookSnuggle
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Christmas, Alabama (Alabama series Book 4) by Susan Sands
This is photographer Rachel Prudhomme and Dr. Nicholas "Nick" Sullivan's story.

Rachel has finally settled in Ministry to be close to her family. Nick is just filling in at Ministry General for the holidays. Rachel and Nick ended up as neighbors. Nick and Rachel pretend to date but are they pretending?

This is a wonderful sweet and sensual romance. I loved the characters! This story is a great way to escape and recharge. I love small town ro
Paula
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas, Alabama by Susan Sands is a cute city come to country story. Rachel is a transplant but is happy to settle in Ministry, Alabama. The small-town life suits her fine especially since she has a sibling who lives there too. Neighbor, Dr. Nicholas Sullivan is there from Atlanta, but only for the short term. Different perspectives, different dreams but one major attraction for these two. What follows is a fun fake romance story that is fill with Southern charm.

Christmas, Alabama is the fo
Sharon S. Parker
Forever Alabama is a Keeper

The one unfortunate thing about buying ebooks is that you can’t put them on a shelf and be reminded how good they are just be glancing over at them. Forever Alabama is the best book I have read in a long time. I’m putting it on my cloud shelf of keepers. The characters are interesting and I so easily relate to their insecurities and strengths. Susan Sands writes with a good ear for dialogue and a heart full of love for her craft. I highly recommend this new book. It wi
Denyse Williams
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome love story

A very sweet love story with a great small town Christmas backdrop. Nothing can compare to love in a small town!! I loved Christmas,Alabama.
Yvonne Cruz
This is book 4 of Ms Sands series titled Alabama. Though it’s a stand alone, I suspect I would have liked it better if I had read the previous books. Characters from those stories play a prominent role in this story, so I frequently felt disconnected to the plot.
The story centers around Rachel Prudhomme and Nick Sullivan. Rachel is Ministry’s photographer who moved to the town after a scandal with her Dad in their hometown of New Orleans. Her sister is living there with her family and Rachel fee
Jennifer Ritter
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Christmas, Alabama is the latest edition in Susan Sands' Alabama series. These stories are set in the town of Ministry AL. Rachel Prudhomme, a talented photographer, moved to town to join her sister Sabine and her mother, who have relocated from New Orleans. Sabine, a psychologist, set up practice here and then met and married the town's mayor, Ben Laroux. Rachel has also found home and solace in this small town.

Dr. Nick Sullivan was brought to Ministry against his will. Low man on the totem pol
Barbara
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love holiday stories with family, excitement and of course drama. All families have drama, especially during the holidays and Ms. Sands has written a tender, down to earth story that will warm your heart and make you long for a simpler time of life. (At least it did for me).

All the characters of the story, (and I mean the entire town) are so down to earth and relatable. I don’t want to give away the storyline or repeat the synopsis, so I will simply say this holiday story, about love, dr
Jackie Wright
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 4 in the Alabama Series and it’s Christmas, I love Christmas and that’s what drew me to this book and I really enjoyed it even though I haven’t read the previous 3 books. Susan Sands is a new author to me but not for long I’m going to be checking out the rest of this series.
Dr Nicholas Sullivan has been sent to Ministry, Alabama and he really is not happy about it, that is until he meets local photographer Rachel Prudhomme who moved to the town after a scandal involving her father happened
Kathy Rouchelle
This was such a sweet little read, the kind of story that you would watch on the Hallmark channel during the Christmas season. It is well written with characters who are well developed and so likeable and engaging that they make you wish there was such a place and such a group of people, although I'm sure there is someplace in this country. This story had all the emotions running through it and while you read this story you will experience them all. Wonderful love story, wonderful family story, ...more
Mandi
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Another quick wonderful read from Susan Sands.
As an Alabama girl I love finding books set in Alabama that actually ring true to the south. This is another delicious romance by Susan Sands. I enjoyed every second of it and can't wait to read more from her.
Her characters are all so likeable. Even the ones you shouldn't really like are loveable in their wackiness.

Can't wait to read more from this author.
I received a egalley of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. Thoughts and
Ella
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick an up and coming surgeon that is at the end of his contract and asked to go to a small town that is in need of a doctor. When Nick agrees it is not because he is happy about going, but agrees since it is only through the new year.
Rachel has followed her family to the town of Ministry, Alabama. She has finally settled in and has made a name for her self as the town photographer.
They make a connection but aren’t sure about starting something since he is only there for a short time. Will it b
For the love  Of romance
Such a sweet, holiday read! True romance at its best.
I loved every character in this book, they were so relatable. I loved the drama, the laughter, the romance and most of all , family. This book is such a feel good read, it will warm your heart and put a smile on your face.
I highly recommend the read, you won’t be disappointed and will put you in the right mindset for the holidays that are coming.
Marisa
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this visit to Alabama. Love this cast of characters. nick and Rachel are wonderful. Raised my spirits and made me smile. Hope this isn't the last trip to Ministry!
Janga
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (The Lakeside Resort Series Book 1)
  • Leave The Night On (Cottonbloom, #4)
  • Surrender
  • Murder, Mystery & Dating Mayhem (The Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives Book 1)
  • Cold Moon Dead (Esposito Mysteries, #4)
  • Mad Dog and Annie (Sweet Home, Carolina, #5; MacNeill Brothers, #4)
  • A Sandcastle Christmas (The Edge of Texas)
  • Not My 1st Rodeo
  • Summer at the Dog & Duck (Dog and Duck)
  • Hornet's Nest (Love Bug, #3)
  • Cowboy Lust (Bakersville Saga, #3 & #4)
  • Igniting the Wild Sparks (Wild Sparks #3)
  • A Christmas Date (First Comes Love #3)
  • Just Stay
  • Forever in Love (Billionaires in Love, #4)
  • Snow Balls (Ball Games, #2)
  • Why Her? (Mistaken Identities, #2)
A self-described late-bloomer, Susan Sands began writing on her fortieth birthday. Her first Southern women’s fiction title, Again, Alabama, was published a mere eight years later, with the second, Love, Alabama, and her latest, Forever, Alabama, following closely behind. She is currently hard at work on her upcoming tale, Christmas, Alabama, due out this holiday season!

Growing up in a small town

Alabama (4 books)
  • Again, Alabama (Alabama, #1)
  • Love, Alabama (Alabama, #2)
  • Forever, Alabama (Alabama, #3)