Start by marking “Predictable Violence” as Want to Read:
Predictable Violence

Predictable Violence

The plot of Predictable Violence is intelligent and full of twists, with a reveal of whodunit that will shock. If you love gripping detective thrillers with a jaw-dropping ending, this book is a must for you!

Mackenzie Anderson's husband and two-year old daughter were shot and killed when Mack was only nineteen years old. When the police stopped trying to find the murderer,
Kindle Edition, Third Edition, 279 pages
Published December 8th 2017 by Gillean Campbell (first published July 25th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Predictable Violence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predictable Violence

Linda Strong
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
4.5 Stars

PREDICTABLE VIOLENCE is a real treat for those who like crime thrillers with a strong female lead. But this one has much, much more....

Mackenzie Anderson is a homicide detective on loan to a small town where multiple murders have occurred. A mother, her young son, and her son's friend were all brutally murdered. The town hasn't ever had to deal with something like this, so it's up to Mack Anderson to lead the investigation.

Mack has a devastating history. Her husband and baby were shot a
Rebecca Hawkins
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Wonderful!!!!

I could not out this book down. I am finishing up at 2 AM. The story has many twist and turns but are easy to follow because the writer lays things out clearly and believably. The ending is a real shocker. Did not see it coming. I love this book. Wish it could become a seties. Not ready for it to end.
WordsAPlenty
When someone loses their family to violence, justice must be served.  For Mackenzie Anderson losing her husband and two-year-old daughter was more than collateral damage … losing her heart was devastating enough now she had to save her soul and mind.  Going after the killer of her family results in a life-changing event.  Now she fights for the dead; serving up justice by finding murderers.

Mack is investigating a triple murder with no clues, no evidence, no clear motive and no suspects.  In a p
Jessyca Garcia
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading “Predictable Violence” by Gillean Campbell. Detective Mackenzie (Mack) Anderson has a very tragic past. It is the reason she became a homicide detective. When a triple-homicide occurs along with a confession, it seems like it will be an open and shut case. However, something about the case does not sit right in Mackenzie’s gut. Mackenzie races against time to find the answers while fighting the ghosts from her past.

Campbell has done an excellent job with “Predictable Vi
Genre – Mystery, Suspense, Thriller
316 Amazon Pages
Rating 3 stars out of 5 Posted 11/30/17
No. 69 - 2017

My Impressions: Psychopath, vigilante justice, fast paced, wordy, good plot.

Main Characters:
Detective Mackenzie ‘Mack’ Anderson – Idaho State Police Investigator.
Sigurd Norgaard – Private Investigator, wealthy.
Officer Nick Moore – Senior Officer, Skaus Lake, Idaho Police Department.
Susan Brown - seventeen year old whose mother and brother w
Leigh Holland
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Predictable Violence by Gillean Campbell, 324 pages, July 24th, 2017, Genre: Psychological Thriller/Mystery.

Review by Leigh Holland.

Predictable Violence weaves two tales together. The two tales are told in alternating chapters. One is the modern day mystery surrounding the murder of three people in their own home. The other is the backstory several years earlier of the main character, Mackenzie “Mack” Anderson. I very much enjoyed the style in which the two stories were presented and how they
Reading Badger
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The book is written by Gillean Campbell and has as main character a female detective named Mack who is sent to a small town in Idaho to solve a triple murder (a mother, one of her sons and his friend). The first half of the book also presents the history of the detective and how after a tragical event becomes a police officer.
See the full review here: https://readingbadger.club/2017/12/08...

I don’t consider this book to be a thriller, but nevertheless a good murder-case book. It is easy to read,
Sheila Good
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crime, murder mysteries, and psychological thrillers are my favorite genre and Gillean Campbell’s book, Predictable Violence, did not disappoint.

For most of us, our lives are guided by our life experiences, good or bad. It is the same for the main character, Detective Mackenzie (Mack) Anderson. Having lost her husband and daughter in a horrible tragedy, she is compelled to help prevent such pain for others. Faced with a triple homicide once again, involving children revives the ghosts of her pai
Debbie
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the characters and the setting of this book, although it took me a long time to get through it, mostly because I read it on my Kindle Fire, and I was reading print books at the same time. However, I liked the back story about the main character, Mac, a police woman in a small town, who is trying to solve a series of murders. During the course of the investigation and revealed in several flashback chapters, Mac's own story of loss adds depth to the book. As the plot is revealed, Mac com ...more
Alanna
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the Prologue in Predictable Violence. I truly enjoyed this book. I think I had it figured out midway but the story was very interesting and there were twists and turns along the way. There were a few details that confused me but I think i worked those out. I like the characters and would definitely enjoy a followup story. Sigurd is a character that could have his own novel or series because he is a very complex figure with a past and now with Mack a future. I liked Mack as a ...more
Karen Hunt
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I was lost without you for so long…” Mack tries to deal with the staggering loss of her husband and child by immersing herself in her police work. The interplay between the tragedy six years ago and the current case is well done. And the supporting characters are wonderfully created – Sigurd’s gentle but lethal strength, Nick’s camaraderie, and especially Drao, the kitten. They all add to a terrific story. There are plenty of suspects and plot twists that kept me up well into the night. Raises ...more
Tootie Houston
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent mystery

I chose this rating as the characters were interesting and believable. I didn't guess who the murderer was until two pages before it was disclosed. The relationship between the main character and her friend was nice and fleshed out. For some reason I liked the addition of the cat. And at the end, it's clear that another book with these characters would make sense and is something I would look forward to. Good police procedural in relation to the murder.
Lyn Garneau
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easily one of the best thrillers I’ve read in years. Gillean sucks you in from the prologue and doesn’t let go until the mind blowing twist at the end. Characters with depth and soul, this story weaves love and loss, redemption and starting all over in such a way that you don’t want it to ever end. I felt transported to the little town of Skaus Lake Idaho where this story takes place thanks to Campbell’s exceptional story telling ability. Do yourself a favor, read this one...NOW.
Pat Stanford
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent whodunit

This was an excellent whodunit with lots of action beginning with a strong female lead and how she became that way.

I may read too many of these because I had the actual killer pegged long before I was apparently supposed to.

Still, the predictable final scene played out with lots of action.
A very satisfying read. Well done!
Wanda
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

This psychological book Predictable Violence is very well written and has a nasty twist! I never found out who the killer was until Gillean Campbell was ready for me to figure it out! This is a must read!
Patty
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story will grab you and not let up. I read it in one afternoon. I didn't want it to end. I did not figure out who the killer was. I was so happy Mack and Sigurd got together. Would love to read more stories involving them. I am getting ready to read her other book, The Ideal Victim.
Mary Sheppard
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who Did It?

Pretty good book. Lots of twists and turns. The ending wasn't earth shattering, but it was okay. Lots of mistakes that should have been caught, that makes me crazy. If you need a proofreader, please let me know. Really.
Cynthia
Action based

Plenty of action going on for Mack. I don't know who put psycho thrill in this title, but it's not.
Charlene Heyniger
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Great character s and story. Read in one sitting. Hope there is another book with same characters. Will read more by this author

becky
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very intriguing a plot like no other

A page Turner from the beginning to the end. The story is so well written you feel like you are a part of it. Truly a must read
Mary
Jan 28, 2018
brenda j hill
Nov 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Even as a small child Gillean was a storyteller. In grade school, classmates would follow her around the school yard as she role played a new story that had come to her. When Gillean’s children were grown and she retired, stories started coming unbidden to her. Her problem now is that she can’t get the characters to go to sleep at night.

Gillean lives in Santa Fe, NM with her four-legged best frien
“It’s up to you. You can sit here and remain lost, or you can get up and find your way.” 1 likes
“The world doesn’t change in front of your eyes, it changes behind your back.” 1 likes