Start by marking “Horror Sleaze Trash: Prose in Poor Taste” as Want to Read:
Horror Sleaze Trash: Prose in Poor Taste

Horror Sleaze Trash: Prose in Poor Taste

Compiling seven years of shorts and flash from Horror, Sleaze and Trash.
Published August 23rd 2017 by Horror, Sleaze and Trash

To ask other readers questions about Horror Sleaze Trash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horror Sleaze Trash

Arthur Graham
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Paperback here, free ebook here.
Joseph
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The deep dark underground of prose. Light on the horror, heavy on the sleaze, and far from trash. Familiar names and great writing with plenty of shock. The short fictions are easy to pick up and read in a free moment if you can can resist not reading it all in one sitting.
Janie C.
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a verbal mélange of textual mayhem.  The subject matter in these short stories is diverse and immensely entertaining.  The elements of surprise, drollness, disgust and trauma are swaddled in this polychromatic volume of delight.  New and familiar voices present their yarns in daring style.  Do yourself a favor.  Pick up a copy of this collection of sleaze and horror, but expect no trash.  Please leave your sensibilities and refinement at the door.
Leo Robertson
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Paperback on the way!

Some great names in this one:
Douglas Hackle's stories are always insane.
Arthur Graham, GR resident litbae
A. Lynn Blumer, always great!
Jon Konrath, awesome!
Ben John Smith, the guy who started it all!

Oh is that my name too? God, I have a story in everything these days. Someone shut me up!! #LolCant #IGotAStoryInYourMumLastNight #EvenAlthoughIDontNormallyPursueEasyMarkets #SrslyCheersArthurForThinkingOfMeTho #<3
A. Blumer
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Can't wait to get this and so happy to be a part of it!

Thanks HST <3

[update]

Damn good collection of the ridiculous and the raunchy! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through all these stories since it was toss-up on whether I'd be laughing, cringing, or both :)

I'll spare y'all of my real list of favorites since I'd just be listing half of the table of contents and just name a few authors/pieces that really stood out to me...

All of Steven Storrie's ...stories
Both pieces by Douglas Hackle
Do Not Fe
India
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In his introduction, Arthur Graham said, "HST has always been and will always be for the misfits." This is clearly not only an sentiment, but something that Horror Sleaze Trash strives to do. This book is filled with some of the strangest, most creative, funny, interesting, and bizarre stories I've read and, oh, how I loved reading them. Good variety, great writing. Thanks, HST.<3
Stephen McQuiggan
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brought to you by the wunderkind and sanity-phobe Ben John Smith - and Arthur Graham, a man so cool he must surely be the unholy lovechild of Dave Gahan and Kid Congo Powers. Worth it for the forewords alone. Long may HST drop its trousers and bare its maggot festooned ring-piece to the world.
Casey Kiser
SO MUCH FUN, this one!! My favorites include 'Crimson and Chrome' by A. Lynn Blumer, 'Euphemistic Solipsistic' by Arthur Graham, 'Screw Job' by Joseph Farley and 'Family Affairs' by the retarded Ben John Smith. Looking forward to reading more by everyone in this collection.
Jason
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
If you want to know what HST is all about then you'll not go wrong starting with collection. It contains a huge amount of short stories submitted by many fine authors. Quite a few I have heard of and I have also read some of the short stories here.

The book fails in two areas for me, (HST stands for Horror Sleaze and Trash) Sleaze is covered and so is Trash, for some reason though Horror seems to have been forgotten, maybe it is down to that type of story not being submitted or maybe Arthur Graha
Nate Meadows
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If Charles Bukowski, Clive Barker and Patti Smith got together for a threesome then this book would be what the pool boy skimmed out of the jacuzzi the next day. I mean that in a GOOD way. I was impressed with the percentage of quality writing in this compilation. I was also surprised at just how funny it was, I laughed out loud many times....I'm not sure what that says about me but there it is. My hats off to all the many writers involved, a few of which I have the privilege of knowing. Keep it ...more
Bradford
Jul 11, 2018
Karina Bush
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Harv Sorrow
Feb 05, 2019
Kenso
Jul 21, 2018
Elliott
Oct 15, 2017
Justin Grimbol
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mydnight
  • Deadman's Tome: Monsters Exist
  • SPARK
  • Great White House
  • Jumble Tales
  • 9 Months - Book One (9 Months Trilogy)
  • Killer Verse: Poems of Murder and Mayhem
  • Finnegan's Field
  • Swan Wreck
  • The Man Who Built Boxes and other stories
  • Love and Fuck Poems

Arthur Graham is a professional editor/writer currently residing in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is an accomplished noveler, storyist, and publishite by all accounts. His work has been unfairly compared to that of Charles Bukowski, William S. Burroughs, Hunter S. Thompson, and Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. Once a promising purveyor of fine literary fiction, he has since been reduced to churning out chapbooks ins
“Don’t be cross, boss.” 1 likes
“By the beginning of junior high, he started skipping classes every day to hide in the attic of his mom’s house, pretend all of the people in our subdivision were Nazis (which was at least partly true, if you ever took a look at our homeowner’s association newsletters,) and scrawl his thoughts in a spiral notebook diary.” 1 likes