Start by marking “Taken by the Russian” as Want to Read:
Taken by the Russian

Taken by the Russian

Anya is getting ready to go to college, but she’s sad to leave her bodyguard behind. Sasha has been everything to her over the year, even more than he knows. She’s fantasized about all the ways he could do more than just protect her, and leaving him is making her heart ache. What she doesn’t know is he’s got his own plans, and they include more than she could have possibly ...more
Published August 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Taken by the Russian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by the Russian

Candace
I've finally read my first Alexa Riley book! I know I'm pretty late to the game...but it was good. I give it a solid 3.5 stars. I'm still trying to decide exactly how I feel about it, so my rating might change in the future.

I always struggle with how to rate quick, smutty reads like this one. I can't rate it against other full-length books, because that isn't the type of story that this is. Instead, my rating is based upon other comparable, short, smutty reads -- if that makes any sense.

The sto
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
UPCOMING RANT, STRONG LANGUAGE, SENSITIVE TOPICS, UNPOPULAR OPINION

RANT ALERT! THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF AUTHORS LATELY PUSHING THE LIMITS OF WHAT AMAZON AND KOBO ALLOW TO SELL ON THEIR WEBSITES (regarding rape and sex between underage kids and adults)TO STIR CONTROVERSY AND THEN SELL MORE BOOKS
Update as of today I erased books from certain authors from my shelves and from my life because they are making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS by writing messages I don't support:

*Romanticizing pedophilia and rape
* W
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Please can someone tell me does this mean what I think it means??
Someone tell me I'm wrong, that I read this wrong??

“Yes, some might say I have been cursed, assigned as full - time bodyguard to a tempting eighteen - year - old who comes to me with her every whim, giving me big green, grateful eyes when I fulfill them. Men of this world want instant gratification. I am the opposite — and everyone will soon know this about me. My time has been bided for five long years, and my reward is almost r
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

Well, I finished it, so there is that...Not really sure what else to say. The heroine acted like she was still a 13 year old. The hero was hot in his Russianness, and I wasn't really bothered by the whole taboo thing, but lusting over, and jerking off to thoughts of f@cking a 13-year-old was a tad creepy even for me. I also thought they acted like idiots around other people. Screwing in front of the priest. Kicking her college advisor out of his office to screw. I guess it was supposed to be hot
Miss H
Warning: foul language ahead, though mostly from quotes taken directly from the book.

What the hell did I just read?

To be perfectly clear, I have no problem with May-December relationships. In fact, they’re my kryptonite.

What I do have a problem with, however, is pedophilia. And that problem lies in the details. It's all about context. For example, there’s nothing wrong with a 35-year-old man getting together with an 18-year-old girl. So long as they’re both consenting adults—no harm, no foul. B
Bookloverme
I'm glad I finally finished this one. I hate to say this but I came to a point I'm not sure if I can finish the book. I love AR books and I thought I'd love this one too but for the first time, I didn't love their story. I don't know if it's because of the collaboration but there were scenes I didn't enjoy. Also, I love AR's epilogues but not in this one.

The story is about Sasha and Anya.

He's her full-time bodyguard. He's the one who takes care of her for the past five years since her mom passed
Alexa Riley
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gi's Spot Reviews
Holy mother of smutty Orgasms! This was absolutely filthy!!!
And I loved every single second of it! How could I not with two of my fav and dirtiest smutty authors pulling all their kinky nature to light and giving us this delicious and warning required, little smutty gem?! Yep, they managed to surpass themselves in the smutty and kinky scale! Not for the faint of heart, because the temperature is guaranteed to rise! You better have your birth control in check, or your fav BoB fully charged, lol!
Ana
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Clumsy Storyteller
2 Uncle, Daddy stars Lol

Ohh boy. Alexa Riley's books are a guilty pleasure for me. they're stupid, incredibly ridiculous and sometimes hilarious. But i keep reading them anyway. DON'T JUDGE ME.

i honestly can't tell you what the plot of this story is, because there's just no plot. a rich princess gets kidnapped by her bodyguard and the rest is them *breeding*

Anyway, Thanks for the laugh. i needed it.
Rejane
IN MY OPINION, this is going too far from just shocking value. So many fights against pedophilia. This is not something to put in an "erotic/romance " book just for the sake of it or because you can.

Snow
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Bwahaha...

The actual fuck...?!

No, really this was fuckin ridiculous

Hilarious even...

Like I said numerous times before...just smut alone can't really hold my attention for long...lol and it's not even THAT good😒
Coco.V
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Even for me, this one was way too much.....:(
Elle
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wth-is-this
2* STARS!

description

Really, really a bad idea to read Alexa Riley's book 3 times straight without rest. Because, what? The same formula, of course. Too fucking bad I really love the cover! Also there's Jessa Kane! I know I'm not really into her books but it isn't that BAD. Well, here's my rant...

First, the age gap. Since the girl, Anya already legal, I'm okay. She's going to college and away from her father. But the lust for her brooding bodyguard, Sasha already out of control. She seduced him many times.
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This one was just okay for me. It had the usual Alexa Riley flare and OTT moments that I've come to expect from these authors. The characters just weren't doing it for me though and I found myself rushing through their non-intimate moments. Still a recommend if you're looking for a fast and sexy read.
Lyndy Ann ♫
DNF at 38%
I wanted a quick read before the new KA arrives on my kindle tomorrow.

In the past Alexa Riley has always been a fun, sweet, scorching hot sexy short read for me.

I have so many titles to choose from and this title caught my eye.

I know what to expect with these stories but this one just made me so uncomfortable, here are my reasons why

Sasha the bodyguard – don’t know his age – he has been OBSESSED with Anya for 5 years, I have no problem with this until I discovered that Anya was THIRTEE
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Having sex in front of the priest was a bit much for me.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

260871fec7110034ecc547455a36e0

It’s been awhile since I read an Alexa Riley book and so you could imagine my excitement to take a break in reading your standard typical love stories. I mean they are great and all but there is just something so fun, dirty and relaxing when reading an Alexa Riley book.

Taken by the Russian is definitely your sexy and very dirty hot read!! This is what I would totally expect of Alexa Riley. Hot alpha Russian bodyguard and the virgin heroine t
Southern Sky
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I had to stop at 74%. Her calling him daddy in front of her professor was disgusting. This man practically raised her for 5 years. I should have stopped at 46%. Just no. That's just me though. I mean no disrespect to anyone who liked it. In this particular case, Anya calling Sasha daddy just gave me the creeps.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
So I've read a few reviews while reading this one, but only on accident. While browsing through my updates.. And that's how I got more info with spoilers before I got there so I had a little fright. I thought I could handle it all and most of the time I could. With the little blurbs I was "Yes I need this, NOW" And then I got to know that it's "Daddy sex" That's just something that isn't working for me.

(view spoiler)
Kiki
AR barely has any respect for social boundaries. I think they feel breaking social norms = progression. All, ALL their books fuels misogyny. The men are always like predators and apparently it's a good thing? Their writing mostly have underlying ever so subtle message - women don't know what they want or need. Men know what a woman needs. If a man wants a woman that's what she needs and he is right to "make" her see that by not taking no for an answer. That's persuasion and what calls for sexual ...more
Denna✌
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damn this book was dirty!! Completely safe with a OTT alpha hero :)
Sissy's Romance Book Review
4.5 Stars
'Taken by the Russian' by Alexa Riley is the story of Sasha and Anya.
Sasha was hired by Anya's father right after her mother died when she was 13 years old to be her bodyguard. Now Anya is 18 years old and wanting to go to college but she also wants Sasha. Sasha is from Russa and Anya's father helped him with his family so he worked off an agreement with him to protect his daughter for Five Years. Now Sasha has worked off that agreement he plans on taken his daughter, Anya as his wife
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
I know this has bad reviews but I liked it!! It made me laugh out loud. It's definitely entertaining.

The hero is beyond obsessive, seriously he's psycho with the heroine. It's sexy, hot and laughable. It's Alexa Riley
Maria...
"3 Stars"

This was a pretty hot reading with some disturbing things here and there...

I liked the hot chemistry and how a possessive alpha male Sasha was.

But it was a little annoying the names she called him, Uncle and Daddy...And some sex scenes!

Aoi
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, erotic
The first 30% is so so hot!

And then it just turns into an outrageous mess - with these two (view spoiler) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I.CAN'T.EVEN

And the usual possessive, breeding crap that's not hot , just super ragey ..

ah, remind myself why I don't read Alexa Riley anymore
Nono
Aug 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Chitra *CJ*
TWO OF MY QUEENS COLLABING FOR A FCKN BOOK?!
WILD BEES AND HORNETS CAN'T KEEP ME AWAY FROM THIS *EVIL LAUGH*

First of all, *deep breaths*
I love the cover.
I love AR.
I love JK.
Now that the truths are out, lemme give my review.
"Taken by the Russian" is the smutty gem by the three queen combos- AR and JK- and is the story of Anya and her "bodyguard" Sasha.
What follows is the smut-tastic story of a vow fulfilled, a panty melting road trip, some DD/LG with "Uncle" dirty talk, orgasms, breeding and a l
Tanya Tate
Yep!

Another AR book that I read and hated big time.

I'm a sucker for punishment am I????

This one was harder to get through than the last one( Flight risk)

The thing with AR books is they try so hard teetering on that edge of incest and pedophilia(or Daddy/Daughter or Little girl kink) that they should just going ahead and do it to get it out of their system and move on to something else.

I know everyone is still in a uproar with K Webster's The Wild which was truly fucked up beyond belief but the
Nicole
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs

Wow, Sasha all the way!!!

What a delicious, steamy story, I was hooked from the first page.... both characters Sasha and Anya were extremely lovable and their story was filled with fireworks!!

It was a great surprise to see great authors team up and create this beauty... Anya is a sassy yet a sweet heroine and Sasha oh Sasha I bet every reader will fall in love with his hot as f... mouth.. his words can make many panties wet!!!

It is a fast past paced short plot without lacking anything, plus it ha
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea
“I only have eyes for Anya, because surely there is no greater creation on this earth.” 1 likes