Start by marking “So Near the Horizon (The Danny Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
So Near the Horizon (The Danny Trilogy, #1)

So Near the Horizon

(Danny-Trilogie #1)

From the moment she crosses paths with Danny, Jessica is fascinated. The dashing, confident twenty-year-old has everything she dreams of—looks, success, independence, money—and his kind, infinitely cheerful nature is spellbinding.

Yet Jessica sees something else lingering underneath Danny’s perfect facade. Bit by bit, she manages to pick it apart, unveiling harrowing truths
Published September 6th 2017 by FeuerWerke Verlag (first published July 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about So Near the Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Near the Horizon

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. So thank you, Jessica Koch! I’m really glad I got the opportunity to read „So Near the Horizon“! **

”Time heals all wounds.”
“But every wound leaves a scar.”

To write a proper review about “So near the Horizon” is kind of hard and if I had to describe the book with one word, it probably would be “heartbreak”. Well, I most certainly wouldn’t use the word romance because I feel like this is the wrong word. When I think about ro
Beth
I was given a copy by the author to review this book, thank you so much Jessica, this is honestly the best book I have been asked to read.

Trigger warning: Rape, Sexual Abuse, Drug Use, Suicidal thoughts

My heart is well and truly broken, knowing that this is based on a true story, I honestly can't even comprehend everything that must have happened throughout the time frame, I'm still crying from the last 50 odd pages. Due to this being based on a true story this review will be slightly different,
Diane
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
'Received from Author in exchange for my unbiased review'

rtc..not something that i would want to continue reading..frustrating and stressful story to finish..btw i'm wavering with the rating 2 or 2.5 stars..no 4 or 5
Charlotte May
“We resided together in unconditional love, United through pain and cemented through the trust we’d worked so hard to build between us.”

I’ll admit, when I read the synopsis and even about 50 pages in, I didn’t think this book was for me. Generally speaking, I don’t do romance. I could count on one hand the number of romance novels I’ve actually enjoyed. Plus in the beginning of this book there were numerous cliches and tropes I didn’t like. (“You’re not like other girls”, the standard rich attra
Briar's Reviews
bookspumpkin
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich habe dieses Buch mit dem Wissen angefangen, dass es sehr unter die Haut gehen soll und zutiefst berührend sein soll. Aber das die Geschichte so schrecklich, so herzzerreißend und unfair ist, hätte ich nicht gedacht.
Es fällt mir schwer so einer wahren, tragischen Geschichte überhaupt eine Bewertung zu geben, aber das Buch hat einfach 5-Sterne verdient. Für die Art, wie es geschrieben ist, dafür, dass ein Großteil der Einnahmen an eine Organisation gespendet wird.

Noch nie habe ich so viel Sc
Tessy Ijachi
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Attention!Attention!Attention!
After reading this book, I found a new goal, trying to get every soul to read this book but first, I'd like to thank the author for giving me a free copy of this book, it completely changed my life and I'll forever have this book in my heart.

You're probably wondering what's so special about this book that's making me so sentimental? This book deals with a lot of issues/problems that happens everyday to several people in the world, things we don't really like to th
Anja H.
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-arcs
*ALL OF THE STARS*

”Time heals all wounds. But every wound leaves a scar.”

First of all, thank you so much, Jessica Koch, for providing me a copy of this masterpiece and the honor of reading and reviewing it. This was a story I will never forget.
I definitely want to read the other books in this series one day as well.

This book absolutely tore me apart body and soul! I’m still crying while writing this, I'm so sad and inconsolable! Knowing that this book is based on the author's true story just
❄️Nani❄️
3.75⭐

First off, I’d like to thank the author, Jessica Koch for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I knew going in that it was going to be somewhat of an emotional read but nothing could've prepared me for what was to come because to say it was heart-breaking would be an understatement.
Overall, I loved it. It was a story of ill-fated love with raw honesty but also of hope and strength that ensues so much emotion.

Initially, it was a slow start for me and for the first 100
Deborah Obida
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Deborah by: Jessica Koch
Special thanks to the author for providing this in exchange for an honest review

I highlighted 74 notes while reading this,still I can't find perfect one to use for this review, I'm such a mess right now, this book touched my soul,I can't remember the last time I was this emotional about a book, the fact that its based on true story is so not helping my case.

This book turned out way better than I expected, its incredible, I love everything about this book even the parts that made me cry. The writ
Nadia Awadi
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Warning:This review will be kind of long And I uploaded an even longer review on my blog: https://nadiaaouadi21.wixsite.com/laz.... It's going to be different than this one. So if you read both reviews and you're a guy: Can we get married? and if you're a girl: Can we get married? also SPOILERS.

A great thank you to the author for sending me the book to review it. I feel so honoured aaand also
kind of proud of myself.

*Low self-esteem: Why are you proud of yourself ? she probably sent it to hund
Steph
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In einem Wort: Gänsehaut.
Der Klappentext führte mich erstmal auf eine falsche Fährte, denn ich dachte, es würde sich um einen Teenie-Liebesroman handeln.
Erst viel später wurde mir bewusst, dass dies die Erzählung & Aufarbeitung einer wahren Geschichte ist - und es sollte sich als eines der emotionalsten Bücher herausstellen, die ich bis dato gelesen habe.
Eine Achterbahn der Gefühle, die mit einem großen Berg Taschentüchern & rot geweinten Augen für mich endete.
Und trotzdem oder vor alle
Cri (PaperbacksandPizza)

First of all, I have to say I am not a native english speaker so, please, I prefer to not be attacked, if I made any mistakes. Instead of do that, it would be nice if you corrected me, thank you :)

Buddy read with Katherine! One of the first buddy reads I have ever done and I’m glad I’ve done it with you :)

I want to thank the lovely Jessica Koch, who has nicely sent to me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I’m flattered, I mean, receiving a book from an author is NOT something

Kaya Dimitrova
Ревю => http://justonebooklover.blogspot.bg/2...
~ ~ ~
В "Толкова близо до хоризонта" авторката Джесика Кох ни представя три години от своя живот. Три години, през които тя среща своята сродна душа, изправя се пред страха от това да изгубиш най-близкия си човек във всеки един момент, изпитва крайните емоции на отчаяние и надежда, много радост, но и много горчивина и нито за миг не се разкайва за пътя, по който е поела - този на любовта. Един откровен, чувствен, болезнен разказ, който ми донесе
Emma♔☯ (Bookishfix)
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
*I received a copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Trigger warning: Rape/Abuse/Drug Abuse/ Suicidal thoughts.

I don't think anything I write in this review will do this book justice, I just can't find the words to express just how much it touched me and what I felt while reading this. I had no idea what I was getting into before reading this book, I thought this was going to be a fluffy cute contemporary, boy was I WRONG. This is based on a true story, a full-blow
G.S.Lima G.S.Lima
Ich habe das letzte mal so geweint wie jetzt, als ich 14 war und mein damaliger Freund das erste mal mit mir Schluss gemacht hat und ich dachte ich hätte die Liebe meines Lebens verloren ( was er natürlich nicht war) ich werde dieses Buch nicht bewerten. Aber hier ein Zitat von Kafka, das finde ich dem Buch gerecht wird: "Ein Buch muss die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns" Danke an Jessica Koch, die ihre und Dannys Geschichte mit uns geteilt hat.
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This beautiful yet heartbreaking true story has left me speechless.

In no way will I be able to review this title with the justice it deserves but I will try and compose myself to say a few words to hopefully encourage others to read it. Honestly, I want everyone to read this as it will give you a new perspective on life in addition to the unknown behind an individual's personal background.

I don't want to spoil anything so I will keep this review as vague as possible as I believe that is how th
Stanislav Lozanov
Само 2 неща ще кажа:
1. Прочетох 220 страници за един ден (което никога не съм правил)
2. Ревах в просължение на 10 страници (Епилога) и то ugly cry

Видео ревю: https://youtu.be/DNt0OPC69dU

Galina Ganova
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Тази книга е толкова невероятно болезнена история. която е трябвало да бъде разказана. Плаках през последните 100 страници, но и съм толкова благодарна, че успях да се докосна до историята на Джесика Кох. Благодарна съм, че има такива книги, които ни показват истински важните неща в живота.В момента чуствам толкова тъга, че не мога да се събера достатъчно, за да продължа да разказвам колко заобичах тази книга....Просто нямам думи да опиша каква емоционална каша предизвика в мен, по един безкрайн ...more
Janett
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, goodreads
So Near the Horizon (The Danny Trilogy, #1) by Jessica Koch

“Time heals all wounds.”
“But every wound leaves a scar.”

This book…

This story based on true events was DEEP!

It took me to places I didn't want to go, made me feel things I didn't want to feel but left me with a clearer focus about compassion and love of others and still a part of me was very angry at the end.

As most of my GR friends know, I don't prefer contemporary novels because I find them too full of drama and issues I don't care to entertain myself with. I read to “escape" the rea
Steffi
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich hab einen Klos im Hals.

Wahnsinn. Man merkt dass das Buch zur Verarbeitung geschrieben wurde. Es ist so viel Gefühl reingesteckt worden. Stellenweise war es langatmig, aber es ist einfach so echt, so real.
Ein sehr sensibles Thema wird einem hier näher gebracht. Man gerät ins Grübeln, was man selber in so ner Situation machen würde.
Was mich am meisten flashed ist, wie Danny mit allem umgeht. Diese positive Lebenseinstellung. Davon kann man sich ne große Scheibe abschneiden.

Aus der Scheiße wach
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I can't start this review without thanking amazing Jessica Koch for sending me a copy of this book. I feel incredibly lucky and grateful to have read it and cry my heart out for it. So thank you, Jessica.

There are three types of good books in my opinion:
1. The ones that make you feel good for a minute and then you forget about them.
2. The epic ones that make you want to read and reread 'em over and over.
3. The ones that touch something deep inside of you and you are never the same after the exp
Andzhelika
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Цялото ревю:

„Толкова близо до хоризонта“ е една съкрушителна, емоционално наситена история за любов и приятелство. Тук авторката ни разказва три години от своя живот. Три години, изпълнени с невъзможни неща. Препятствия. Изпитания. Загуба. Три години търсене на щастие и намиране на болка. Тази книга ще ви разтърси, ще ви натъжи, ще ви ядоса. Ще събуди всичките ви инстинкти, дори тези, които не сте подозирали, че имате. Ще ви накара да се гневите на хората,
Dianne
What begins as a chance flirtation between two strangers in a bar becomes a love story that will face adversity, prejudice, loss and the pain of the reality that life is merely a fragile flower that is easily crushed.

Jessica Koch’s SO NEAR THE HORIZON is a gut-clenching tale of love that becomes even more amazing in that it is based on a true story whose ending is a merely a bittersweet beginning for two souls forever linked by the time they shared as they raced against time to grasp at every mo
whenlovespeaks
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ein Buch, das bewegt und einen nie mehr los lässt. So viel Gefühl, so viel Hoffnung und gleichzeitig Trauer und Angst habe ich selten beim Lesen durchlebt. Man verliert immer wieder den Glauben an die Menschheit, gleichzeitig lernt man in diesem Buch auch Menschen kennen, die einem die Hoffnung an das Gute zurückgeben. Ich habe gelitten, geweint und gelacht und das Lesen dieses Buches zu keiner Sekunde bereut. Meinen absoluten Respekt vor Jessica Koch, die diese Geschichte erzählt und uns so an ...more
Megha Patel
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 out of 5

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. So thank you, Jessica Koch for giving me a copy of "So Near the Horizon." This review is truly how I feel.

Let's start with a little background of the book. If I'm correct this book is influenced on true events that took place in the authors personal life. The story is about a girl, Jessica, and a guy, Danny. It explores their love and struggle, hope and fear, strength and weakness. It's a story of true love.

T
Lia  (a paper pigeon)
Before I start this review, I’d like to take a moment to thank the lovely Jessica Koch, who let me read this book in exchange of an honest review. Thank you, Jessica, it was a pleasure reading your story!

So Near The Horizon is the cute, painfully emotional story of two people, both deeply wounded and damaged in their own way, who learn to love themselves by loving each other.

I usually don’t read contemporary novels, as many of you probably know already, so I might not be an expert in my judgmen
Elisabeth
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch ist extrem eindrucksvoll. Es zerstört einen innerlich, weil es so lebensnah und echt wirkt, loslassen wird es mich so schnell nicht mehr. Mir haben die Charaktere unheimlich gut gefallen, dazu ist aber auch der Stil besonders, weil wir nur das wichtige und wesentliche erfahren und das hat es in sich. Das Buch ist emotional und so intensiv, es geht einfach extrem unter die Haut. Auch, wenn ich ein bisschen Angst davor habe, was uns erwartet, muss ich die Reihe einfach weiterlesen.
lesen_in_libropolis
Ich bin emotional total fertig und ich werde noch einige Tage mit diesem Buch zu kämpfen haben 😢😢😢
Paris_love
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Страшно много ми се искаше това да не е истинска история , а само художествена измислица , за да обвинявам авторката ,че се е отнесла така жестоко към героите, но уви ... може би трябва да обвинявам съдбата ... или живота ,че се отнасят толкова жестоко с хората ...http://booumouse.blogspot.bg/2018/04/...
  • Liebe ist was für Idioten. Wie mich. (Viki und Jay, #1)
  • Lieblingsmomente (Lieblingsmomente, #1)
  • Desire by Design
  • The Silver Pear (The Dark Forest #2)
  • Bis du wieder atmen kannst
  • Jonah
  • The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)
  • Our Souls to Keep (Our Souls to Keep, #1)
  • Sadie's War (A Supernatural Uprising Novel, Book 1)
  • Was ich dich träumen lasse
  • Mercenary Measures
  • The Bride Insists
  • Journey Into the Flame (Rising World Trilogy, #1)
  • Not Enough
  • Always Yours
  • In Shadows of Magic
  • Deine Seele in mir
  • The Sound and the Echoes
Jessica Koch was born in Ludwigsburg, Germany and began writing short stories when she was still in high school - but never submitted her work to publishers. Shortly after finishing school, she met Danny, a German-American dual citizen. Her experiences with him eventually formed the basis for So Near the Horizon, though it was nearly thirteen years before she felt ready to bring the manuscript to ...more

Danny-Trilogie (3 books)
  • Dem Abgrund so nah (Danny-Trilogie, #2)
  • Dem Ozean so nah (Danny-Trilogie, #3)