Start by marking “Defiant” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Defiant

Grace Kent

Defiant

During the Last War, the world is thrown into societal revolution. Governments are destroyed. Religions are extinguished. Chaos and terror reign and all hope is thought to be lost.

Gabriel and Rosie fight to preserve their faith in a world that seeks to destroy them. With the help of their family, theyattempt to restore hope for the people of the world. Can they succeed

To ask other readers questions about Defiant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiant

Start your review of Defiant
Jack Baillot
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, before I talk about her book, here is where she can be found. She has a lovely website set up HERE where you can learn about her current books and find her blog posts.
Now, about her book. Defiant is set in a dystopian world where all technology fell apart after the Last War and religion is banned. Gabriel lives in this world, fighting to provide for his family - which consists of his sisters and a whole little village hidden away - while still trying to practice his faith which could get
Meg
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!! I fell in love with the Family, relationships and characters in the story. Great portrayal of an apocalyptical world. You could see and feel the world that Grace Kent built.
Christi Johns
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Defiant is a beautifully written engaging story that draws you in and then delivers a powerful illustration of what Christ did for each of us on the cross. This book is worth reading not only once, but many times! The author does an incredible job intertwining scripture throughout the story and brings it to life. Grace, love, compassion and a life surrendered to Christ are just a few of the many treasures within this captivating story. Defiant is an awe inspiring story that leads us to look ...more
Brianna Traister
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book that definitely is breaking the mold for Christian fiction. It's refreshing to read a Christian book that takes place in a dystopian era. You'll find yourself laughing, crying, and will constantly be kept guessing the whole book. This book offers hope in a dark time and reminds us that joy always comes in the morning no matter the circumstance or the time period. I highly recommend it; especially if you're looking for something that is outside the norm for Christian ...more
Kathy
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book that showed how family love and faith in God can get you through anything!! I cried and laughed throughout the book....couldn't put it down a lot of the time!! Gabriel and his family had a faith in God that was so encouraging. It was so awesome how they risked their lives every day to spread the Word of God!! My favorite part was how Gabriel showed us how to love...not only God but also the woman of his dreams. He was so caring, gentle, and real!! The ending will blow ...more
Heidi H
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this captivating, amazing book down! It was incredibly engaging, heart wrenching, emotional stirring, and extraordinarily powerful with a precious message for all hearts and minds to hear! This story takes place in a time period that challenges a desire for truth, demands a passion for survival, and a yearning for a love worth fighting for. The beautiful love story is an example of Christ's love for us and how we all need a savior!
Alison Riegel
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I read a lot of Lynn Austin and Tracie Peterson books and I believe Defiant was in the same category- it was entertaining, wholesome, and realistic all at the same time! Futuristic Christian Fiction is new to me, and I loved imagining this story!
Tritan
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a real page turner, i could not put the book down until i finished it. it was one of my favorites.
Nicole S
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
K
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read many Christian fiction books but Defiant has opened a new world to me. The apocalyptic world the story was set in was an interesting new take for me as well and a scary reminder of where the world could end up if they continue to try to take God out of the picture. I enjoyed following Gabe and Rosie's story as well as the unshakeable faith their family had in such dark times. It was a wonderful reminder of what Jesus sacrificed for us and the love we should try to emit as we walk ...more
Bren
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a captivating read! This book beautifully paints the picture of the Christian message in a very unique and eye opening way. I found myself encouraged by the reminder that true faith stands in the face of turmoil and difficulty. In the politically emotional world that we find ourselves attempting to navigate, this book is highly relevant and inspiring. It reminds readers that faith is truth and cannot be weakened or changed due to circumstance, emotion, or fear!
Great message and inspiring
Tracy Day
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
incredibly inspiring story of unwavering faith in very dark and difficult times. One of those books that's hard to put down. The characters are well developed and the story line is captivating. So much so I wanted to start over after I finshed reading the last page. Weeks later I'm still I finding myself thinking about the story & different aspects of the book. Very well written.
Lori M
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great piece of futuristic Christian fiction! Full of suspense and adventure! A powerful tale of strength, courage, perseverance, trust, self-sacrifice, forgiveness, and redemption! Gideon's surrender to God and his dependence on The Word is the inspiring and driving force of the story. And the ending took me by surprise! Looking forward to the next book by Grace Kent!
Bob S
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This apocalyptic Christian adventure uses imagination and biblical passages to weave a compelling and heartfelt story of hope, love and faith in a future that desperately needs all these human virtues. The characters come to life and the landscapes are easy to visualize.
Sherry Mlynsky
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book that was very thought provoking. It challenged me to reflect on my own faith and the commitment I have to Christ. The characters were noble and very well developed and it was very difficult to put down!
Koda
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author does a great job of developing the setting and characters that draw you into the story and captivates your heart. Character driven novel is engaging and keeps you on your toes throughout. The story seamlessly intertwines struggles and the strength of God's word.
Alicia Mason
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good! A very interesting setting in a dystopian society. The characters are so believable that you fall in love with them at once. Christian morals are woven so perfectly without being sanctimonious. The fast-moving plot keeps you turning the page! I highly recommend this book!
Nancy
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Didn’t want to put this book down! It is very well done , suspenseful , riveting and gets one thinking about life in this present age. A must read!!
Jenee'
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book, I couldn't put it down!
Jim P
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captivating, suspenseful and a love story all in one! I loved the way each character developed. Proof that God can get you through anything. Couldn't wait to open the book each night!
Shannon
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Defiant is a wonderful book, it was hard to put down! Grace Kent is an amazing author and does a great job developing the relationships of the characters and settings in this book. This book was so encouraging. I highly recommend it. Can't wait to read more of Grace Kent's Books!
Hilary
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It was well thought out with great character development. I thought the dystopian setting was very believable and it was fun to imagine this world. I just couldn't wait to sit down and read it at night.
Rochelle
Nov 08, 2017
Jessica Adams
Nov 09, 2017
Malena
May 09, 2018
Jacqueline Mears
Apr 22, 2019
I've been writing stories since I was twelve years old, and have loved every minute of it. I'm just now starting my journey toward publication as I've recently become a stay-at-home-mom and decided it's time to really do something with my work. I always tell myself that if my book can encourage one person, I would be happy. However, I'd love to be able to encourage as many people as possible ...more