Start by marking “Dark and Dangerous Things (Dark Things #5)” as Want to Read:
Dark and Dangerous Things (Dark Things #5)

Dark and Dangerous Things

(Dark Things #5)

The final showdown has begun.

With Abel in the hospital and Molly stronger than ever, it is up to Elise and newly released Silas Ford to figure out a way to send Molly back to Hell for good. She won't make it easy, of course. She has bargains to keep.

Elise Morgan is ready for this to all be over. With a ticking time bomb in her head, she makes it her mission to rid the
Published August 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dark and Dangerous Things, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Dark and Dangerous Things (Dark Things #5)
Montzalee Wittmann
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrific conclusion!

Dark and Dangerous Things by Kelly Martin ended with everything tied up wonderfully and unpredictably! Loved this spooky series with the many great characters and twisted layered plots that weaved through all five books! Wonderful!
SWEETY
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I cannot believe this. How could you do this to me Kelly Martin?
Five books for a fade to black?
I mean I’ve read YA novels with more action.
I mean is Dark Things a YA? The characters are in their early 20s, but the way things went feels like a squeaky clean YA.

OH MY SWEET LORD HADES FORGIVE ME, FOR I HAVE I SINNED, IVE ACCIDENTALLY READ A YA AND ANNOYINGLY ENJOYED IT.

Despite my severe annoyance, I have to say I really liked Dark Things. It’s a great series, the characters are intr
Teresa
Jun 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Read books one and 2, and was pissed because I hate books with no conclusions. I don’t mind series or cliffhangers but books that just keep asking questions, creating mysteries but supplying no answers, NONE, bug me.

So I picked this one up free from Amazon and skimmed chapter one. It reads just like book 2- useless.
Skipped to 60% skimmed until i started finding answers.

You get 1/3 of the answers and the answers were stupid, and the book sucked.

A ghost story for 2 year olds.
Kelly
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was the last in a series of five books by Kelly Martin. The primary reason I waited to leave a review until I had finished all of the books is that I really did enjoy the first couple installments and wanted to see it through before rating. They are all a quick read.
The seeds of the stories are promising. Most of the characters are fairly well drawn (with the notable exceptions of Elise’s parents, and Detective Walters - who really was that guy, anyway?) but my focus here is on vocabulary a
Dom
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say other than that was a brilliant little series to read.

Dark, Creepy and interesting with some really lovable characters. Just the right amount of unexpected twists and a completely answered a rounded ending.
Rebecca
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, e-books, horror
I’m going to do a review of the series as a whole and just repeat it for each volume, for a couple of reasons. 1) Much more many series, all of these books really function together as a unit, each one ending as a cliffhanger. Although I think they could stand alone, they really make more sense taken together. 2) I read through them all in a row and so quickly that they’re all one book in my mind and I don’t know how I would break the reviews out, especially without major spoilers.

So, these books
Amanda
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, horkcleanhork
Real rating: 2.5⭐︎

An EH ending to an EH series.

I wish I could say I enjoyed these books more. I wish they had lived up to the potential of the premise. I wish they had been better edited. I wish Martin had spent less time trying to be cutesy and clever and put some more thought into these. I wish there had been alpha readers to point out all of the plot holes and issues. I wish Elise had been given the treatment she deserved and been written in a believable way without all of the overused YA/ro
Linda
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*************
SPOILER
*************

It cannot be over! I refuse it to be. Kelly needs to write a novela on Silas being happy! I do love how Elise can still see ghost, in the end. Feel bad about Natalie not being able to speak to Tommy. No one is alone, anymore, but Silas and I need him to be happy, so chop chop Kelly, start writing that novela!

As far as finale series go, it was epic. So much suspense, I couldn't put the book down, biting my nails and thigh sick, I was reading until the wee hours o
Nikki McDorman
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-see-ghosts
Kathleen
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
If I was rating just the book I would say a three but taken in totality with the series I would give it a 4. I think it would have helped if I had read hem in a quicker succession than I did because I forgot about key plot points from the first few books. I think it would be interesting for the author to take these and assemble them into one novel. It felt like during the last novel there was a lot of unnecessary rehashing time and then very quick revelations. In any case, the author did a good ...more
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
During the last few weeks I read the complete 5 book series and now I do not know what to do with myself. Kelly Martin delivers a spine-tingling, thriller in the Dark Things series. The final installment, Dark & Dangerous Things, did not disappoint. The tense builds from page one to a white knuckle ending that left me speechless. If ghosts, hauntings, and demons (oh my) are your thing, then check out this creeptastic series!
Tracy Halls
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the series

Read all the books I’m this series in the space of a couple of days because I couldn’t put them down and needed to know what happened next.
I’m genuinely gutted it’s over if you’ve not checked out this series go find book one and start reading you won’t regret it!
I normally read darker, extreme horror so this is far tamer than my normal reading preference but it didn’t disappoint me! Really enjoyed it
Jen
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Interesting plot, serious editing issues.

Neat storyline but is in desperate need of some editing and revising for continuity. And basic grammar and spelling. This could be a great series, it has potential, and I know it’s self published but the lack of a good work over makes it frustrating and jarring to read.

I hope it does eventually get picked up by a publisher and gets the spit polish the characters deserve.
Cindy Mathis
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much that I've been putting off reading it. I broke today and read it. I'm not ready for it to end, but Kelly Martin gave the perfect "and that's a wrap." DDT is so special, spooky and fun it's going to be my one of my go-to suggestions for lovers of paranormal! I can't wait to see what Kelly comes up with next! ...more
Ashley Poteet
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sad its over!

What are great and creepy Series! This was the last book in the series and I'm really sad about that. I'm going to miss these characters!

The conclusion was amazing! I was not expecting what happened, They finally send molly back to hell, but not without loss.

Definitely recommendm
Louisa
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling Conclusion to an Amazing Series

Kelly Martin does it again with the last book in the Dark Things Series. Full of twists and turns until the very end. Everyone's favourite Naked Girl makes an appearance.
Will everyone get a happy ending or will Molly Drake rule the day.
Can't wait to see what springs forth from Kelly's Imagination
Valerie
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought I was ready for it to end. In the end I'm going to miss them. I wonder if there will be more of Elise. A satisfying conclusion to a very good series. I look forward to reading more by Ms.Martin. ...more
Lisa P
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this series- wish it could have been longer. Lots of funny quips, memorable characters, ghosts, possession, new characters, and some parts that have you reading faster to see what happens.
Kay Kidwiler
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't stop till I read them all

I loved this series. Elise tried to be a normal person but spirits just wouldn't let her. I don't want to say a lot because I don't want to spoil it for others. Read the books!!!!!
Sharon
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Read all 5 back to back! Loved these and the characters ! Good flow and great storyline. If you start reading you'll need to put some time aside as you'll want to read them all !
Villena
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesomely good sreies!!

There is nothing to not like about any book in this series!!
I binge read all of them! He'll of an author!! He'll of a series!!
The characters and happenings keeps you turning pages!
Time to read more of her books now! I'm hooked!
julia russell
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

Read all the series back to back (otherwise a little short for me). Really enjoyed it. Kelly martin is a new author for me but I think I'll give her other supernatural books a go and hopefully they'll be just as enjoyable.
Laura Bocek
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG

After reading all 5 books in this series I am going to miss the characters. It was such a ride! I will be starting the next series from Kelly Martin. Gosh I can only hope they are just as good!
Tracey Milito
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This was a great ending. I really enjoyed this book. I'm sad it's over but I will be looking out for more by this author.
Jo Anna Part
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I absolutely loved this series, it kept you on the edge and I am sad this was the last book in the series.
Crystal Zapata
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't know. I was really expecting the ending to be epic. The entire series was great but this ending kind of just let me down. ...more
Kim Barker
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

Don’t miss out on this series. It’s an exciting ride from start to finish!!! I’m really sad that it is over!
Crystal Gray
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am at a loss for words. The ending was PERFECT!
Catherine
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a good book. all the Loose Ends were wrapped up, which is good. I think there wasn't enough action / drama to keep my attention. ...more
Patince
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was not expecting that ending. I need more.

• The Ghost of Old Coal House
  • Mary
  • The Forest
  • The Haunting of Nelson Street (The Ghosts of Crowford Book 1)
  • City of Ghosts (Death Hunter #1)
  • A Ghost Arrives: A Novel
  • The Haunting of the Midwife: A Riveting Haunted House Mystery
  • They Came with the Rain
  • Moran and Moran (Death Hunter #2)
  • You Are Invited
  • Haunted: Perron Manor
  • Under the Wicked Moon: A Novel
  • Thorne's Tome (Death Hunter #3)
  • The Loon
  • Psychic Surveys Book Seven: Promises to Keep: A Gripping Supernatural Thriller
  • Coffin Cemetery (Tormented Souls, #1)
  • The Dark Man  (The Graveyard: Classified Paranormal Series Book 1)
  • Mistress Of Death (Death Hunter #4)
Kelly Martin lives in a possibly haunted house in a small southern town. While she'd like to say paranormal things have only happened to her at her home, it would be a lie...

She is an international #1 best selling author in horror, paranormal, contemporary, historical, young adult, and mysteries. All of Kelly's books have one thing in common-- imagine the real world is tilted slightly on its side

Dark Things (5 books)
  • Dark and Deadly Things (Dark Things #1)
  • Dark and Devious Things (Dark Things #2)
  • Dark and Dreadful Things (Dark Things #3)
  • Dark and Desperate Things (Dark Things #4)

News & Interviews