Start by marking “Cruel and Beautiful World (Taking Chances #2)” as Want to Read:
Cruel and Beautiful World (Taking Chances #2)

Cruel and Beautiful World (Taking Chances #2)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Cami is a mess. Perfect student by day, party girl by night. Rebelling against her controlling father is only half of it. Cami can control her actions at parties, no one else can. It’s a freedom she won’t let go of. And something she doesn’t need saving from.

Travis an all around great guy. He’s a tutor, good student, and has his act together. After crushing on Cami last s
Published November 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Cruel and Beautiful World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel and Beautiful World

Laurie Beemer
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a spectacular book. Katrina Marie is one hell of an author. This book will take the reader down a path of darkness, and eventually hopefully light. Cami feels like she is a ghost among her family, her friends, her peers, and even herself. Does she want to fight, or will she just give up? Travis watches Cami disappear more and more each day, loving her from afar but wanting to help her. Will he become her savior or will she learn that she can also save herself? Thank you for allowing me ...more
Melanie Helms
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. i was glad to see Cami finally stand her ground with her dad and not let him control her life. Especially, since he was the cause of much of issues and anxiety! It was nice seeing her find a friend like Tonya at school. I loved Darcy! she was a sweetheart! Travis 😍😍 loved him as well and how protective he was over Cami.
AC Squared Book Blog
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story struck a few cords with me, all in good ways. This was such an easy and quick read for me; I was sucked in so quick and I just couldn't stop. Cami and Travis are seriously adorable. I love how she thought he was stalker like, and how he couldn't help but want to take care of her. They both had so many different issues with their parents, but they also did a lot to overcome that.

Cami was someone who I could totally relate to. I have some anxiety issues, and I had some crazy times in m
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Cruel and Beautiful World by Katrina Marie is the story of Cami, a college student who's slowly but surely unraveling. Suffering from Anxiety and dealing with her obsessively controlling Father, Cami begins to act out in a number of ways and she catches the eye of Travis. Travis first noticed Cami before her actions became a cry for help. Can Travis convince Cami to go out on a date with him? Can his love save her from herself?

This was my first book by Katrina Marie. The book would be excellent
ToniAnn Papa
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cami is a young, beautiful college girl. But, she's also a partier. You go down her dark past and current lifestyle. Being controlled by her father for as long as she can remember. Her mom never sticking up for her. Cami is at the point in her life where she is ready to give up because it's no use when her father doesn't listen to her. Travis feels the need to protect her, but Cami is dead set on not needed help. Little does she know, she needs Travis.

Life isn't always perfect. Cami is learning
Kristina Simkins
This is a fantastic read. Cami feels like she has no control of her life because her Dad controls everything, even her college major. So she takes control in the only area he can’t, and it leads down road that could have a huge impact on her future.
Travis seems like you calm, cool, and collected guy but he has parental problems too. When he finds Cami in a situation that reminds him of life with his mother he tries to help, but not all help is taken easily.

I highly recommend this to all romance
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Cruel and Beautiful World was a quick and easy YA novel. This was Cami and Travis story. Cami was not handling the stress in her life and I loved how protective Travis was over her and how he looked out for her. It was a joy watching their relationship develop. This stand-alone novel had a bit of everything, family drama, romance, angst and friendship. There were complex well-developed main characters and secondary characters who all provided support through out the story. This was my first Katr ...more
Shauntelle
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a book that I read in one sitting, it was that good! I absolutely loved Travis from beginning to end. Not only is he struggling with his mom's destructive behavior he has also taking on the task of being Cami's knight by getting her out of bad situations that she continues to get herself into .

I was so glad when Cami decided to stand up to her father and take control of her life and make her own decisions. I am glad that she realized Travis really cares and wants what's best for her. I
Yatarika Ally
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cami is struggling dealing with an overbearing and controlling father and Travis is dealing with an addicted mother.

Travis decides that he needs to always be around to rescue Cami from self destruction. Cami resents him at first because she doesn't want anyone to control her. When she finally agrees to a date with Travis they are both apprehensive and excited.

Will this develop into a relationship or will Cami's self destruction and Travis' white knight in shining armor behavior get in their way?
Alexis Krobatsch
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, teen, romance
Cami is under a lot of pressure and doesn't deal with well at all. She's headed down a dark path. Travis has only had eyes for her for over a semester. He has a good heart and wonderful personality. All he wants is to save her. Can Cami let him?

This is sweet story of learning to trust someone and falling in love. Perfect for YA and Teen readers.
Jennifer Richey
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is cami story it’s a stand alone but we met cami in Tonya book welcome to your life that one is a complete stand alone too! Travis and cami they are too funny and I love them together! Love this book and can’t wait to read more from this author
Noel
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Cami has "stuff" and obviously you have to read to solve and figure everything out. So far she just wants control of her own life, which in turn ends up being her body with how she sees fit. Including hiding/lying to everyone in her life about how self distructive she truly has become

She has caught the attention of Travis, whom seems to be a stalker so to say, even to his own self. He just wants to help her be there and protect her. But he has know clue what he's trying to help/protect her fr
Mistee  Lemaster
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book with lots of feels! I laughed, I cried, I yelled..... love Cami and Travis
Reckless Readers
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a college romance that reads more like a young adult rather than a new adult. The subject matter in this book is quite serious but the characters are a bit immature. Cami is on a self- destructing path as she deals with an anxiety disorder and the stress of her over controlling father. She becomes more reckless, parties hard and it’s not uncommon to find her wasted.

Travis has had a crush on Cami for a while and notices her downward spiral. He basically becomes her stalker, but I guess in
Erika
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read about the relationship between a young woman who had a dark and difficult past and the man who was willing to help her find something better in herself and her life.

This was the first book I’ve read of Katrina Marie’s, and she made me love her work so much. I thoroughly enjoyed this read. It was something I sunk my teeth into and wanted it to turn out well. She did an amazing job setting up her characters and developing them and their stories. I thought it was also a good less
Elsie Caba
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We meet Cami on Welcome to Your Life, she's T's best friend who has some family issues and goes away to college after Tonya has to stay home.

Here we find out what has Cami so different from her bubbly persona. We see her struggles at being force to do and be someone she's not.

We meet Travis, cute, overprotective who's always at the right place at the right time despite what Cami may think. They both have their own issues and misunderstandings. After a while they talk and we are part of the dev
Brandie Breaux
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story! We got to know Cami some in the first book, but I really enjoyed delving into her chaotic life. She struggles with making her parents happy and chasing her own happiness. I loved watching her grow throughout this story, but that would not have happened without Travis, Darcy, and Tonya. Travis was a great match for Cami! I was so glad when she finally gave him a chance. I hope to see more about these two in future books and cannot wait to read more from Katrina Marie!
Gianna Santanello
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and once again Katrina Marie didn’t disappoint. I loved this book. In a way I was able to relate to Cami, with drinking away my feelings. But I was so glad that she had Travis, Tonya, and her roommate Darcy to set her straight. They way she put her dad in his place, it was great! No one deserves to be controlled like that. I will definitely continue reading Katrina’s book and can’t wait for the next one in the series!
Lauren Dodson
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cami and Travis

Cami and Travis meet in an unlikely way. He comes from a troubled past. She comes from controlling parents. As Cami struggles to be the perfect person her parents expect, she lashes out, and becomes destructive. Travis having grown up in the destruction tries to save her all while falling for her. Cami pushes him away only to realize maybe taking a chance is worth it.
Both struggling to overcome their demons, they find happiness with each other.
Meg K
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cami’s story

We met Cami in Welcome to Your Life and I’m so glad she got her own book! I loved her relationship with Travis. This book is fantastic!
Katrina Marie
Oct 04, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Release Date: November 16, 2017

Sign up for an eARC >> http://bit.ly/2gbvAd8

Ceres95
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cami is Tonya’s best friend, for those who read Welcome to your life, they are now separated. Tonya is going through difficult times, her father wants to have total control over his daughter, and he monitors her school results and threatens to cut off her food if these results don’t improve. Her father really isn’t someone I appreciate; normally parents are supposed to support their children, help them and guide them on the right path. What is absolutely not the case here, he wants to force her ...more
Erica Westerhoff
Ariel Holy
Apr 02, 2018
Patricia
Apr 22, 2018
Katrina Marie lives in the Dallas area with her husband, two children, and fur baby. She is a lover of all things geeky and Gryffindor for life. When she’s not writing you can find her at her children’s sporting events, or curled up reading a book.
More about Katrina Marie

Taking Chances (4 books)
  • Welcome to Your Life (Taking Chances #1)
  • Ways to Go (Taking Chances #3)
  • Remember That Night